6000 calories a day and not gaining weight.

Options

Replies

• ScottJTyler
    ScottJTyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    muscle parties

Sounds fun

• Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone want to weight 100kg, that classisifed as obese in any gender, height, or age, still it won't happened over night but it will happened, I jumped from 85kg to 125kg in just five years by eating 5000-6000 calories a day.
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just put butter on everything...

Fats are your friend. 9 cals per gram so you don't have to eat a lot. coconut oil, olive oil, butter, peanut butter. That's how I would do it if I had your problem. You can make it very healthy with good choices and grass fed sources
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Spiderkeys wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to weight 100kg, that classisifed as obese in any gender, height, or age, still it won't happened over night but it will happened, I jumped from 85kg to 125kg in just five years by eating 5000-6000 calories a day.

i think you seem to be missing the point of bulking.

And the knowledge that BMI is an awful indicator of health, especially for those who are tal and have a lot of muscle..

OP, props. I nearly died trying to eat 3000 calories every day. With B&J's and Ensure.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

you do realize this is the bulking forum right?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

LOL.

You mean obeast, not obese right?

Konstantin-Konstantinovs.jpg

And this isn't even that good of an example.

*insert multiple images of bodybuilders, powerlifters, and other various athletes with lower body fat percentages and weight 220+ lbs...*
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

100kg? 220lbs? That's practically lightweight by some standards. Have fun being a manlet.
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I officially hate you! In a nice way :)
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Tape worm comes to mind!!! :p
  • schpitt
    schpitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, I think it's really realistic and useful advice. As Arnold said "Milk is for babies, when you are a man you drink Beer."

When you're a man you eat meat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

100kg? 220lbs? That's practically lightweight by some standards. Have fun being a manlet.

manlet?! love it :laugh:
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Well, make no mistake, 6000+ calories a day every day is no small feat. Anyone on the planet is going to struggle with this.

Give me a potluck full of casseroles, fried things and pie and I could knock that back in half an hour easy....with barely any food baby and I'm only 135. lol

• EatPaleoStyle
    Options
    Please, people, use your brain a bit, 6000 calories is far beyond crazy and you suggest to eat more, using the plain and absurd logic of "eat until you gain". There is obviously something wrong with this guy because 6000 calories would make anyone on his weight get incredibly fat.

Besides a faster metabolism you are more than likely to suffer from digestive issues, malabsorption of nutrients or any autoimmune disease.

If you have gastrointestinal complains such as gas, bloating, cramping or whatever, which is the most common reason, you are just basically not absorbing the food. Considering your age you may have some GI problems that could be asymptomatic, which sucks a little bit.

Conditions like SIBO, gut dysbiosis or Candida overgrowth are very common and can remain undiagnosed for years yet still cause you problems.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Please, people, use your brain a bit, 6000 calories is far beyond crazy and you suggest to eat more, using the plain and absurd logic of "eat until you gain". There is obviously something wrong with this guy because 6000 calories would make anyone on his weight get incredibly fat.

Besides a faster metabolism you are more than likely to suffer from digestive issues, malabsorption of nutrients or any autoimmune disease.

If you have gastrointestinal complains such as gas, bloating, cramping or whatever, which is the most common reason, you are just basically not absorbing the food. Considering your age you may have some GI problems that could be asymptomatic, which sucks a little bit.

Conditions like SIBO, gut dysbiosis or Candida overgrowth are very common and can remain undiagnosed for years yet still cause you problems.

So what happens to all the ingested calories then?
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    The body simply cannot transform the energy to optimally carry out its functions. This is why a lot of people with celiac disease and some other digestive issues are at a low weight for height. I've seen people on here with Chron's disease that have mentioned weight loss as a result of their condition. However, if the OP is really having a hard time absorbing calories, I would suspect he would be noticing digestive issues.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    yes, GI disease could be a factor so it would be a good idea to get that checked.

I just remembered an article by Brandon Lilly on bulking. He said he used to have a big peanut butter/banana shake premade before bed, when he woke up to go to the toilet, he'd drink that. Boom, extra 1000 cals for the day.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

If he had a serious condition causing such as those causing malnutrition, I don't think he would be carrying on lifting six times a week and progressing as he has mentioned. I had plenty of gas eating 4k calories a day. I'm pretty sure I could find foods that give me gas eating 1000 calories a day.

Physical job + active workout schedule = lots of calories. Michael Phelps ate upwards of 12,000 calories during training, why is 6,000 so hard to believe?
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 25, 1.8m and 88kg. Lifting 6 times a week. Currently eating 6000 cals a day and maintaining. Pretty uncomfortable most of the time and force feeding.
    My goal is to get to around 100kg.
    Any ideas why I might not be gaining any weight?

Per Jonathan Bailor's The Calorie Myth my guess you are a healthy person and your brain is working hard to keep you from going above/below your biological weight set point.

Weight control by our brain seems to be influenced by some of our 50 hormones we are learning today. This is why most all people will stop gaining weight at some level even if they keep overeating. Seldom do you see a 1500 pound person.

Now about 40 years ago it was thought our weight was controlled by the calories we eat but today we it is not that simple. Keep in mind some people are still stuck with the old data and will tell you that you just are not eating enough calories. :)
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, 1.8m and 88kg. Lifting 6 times a week. Currently eating 6000 cals a day and maintaining. Pretty uncomfortable most of the time and force feeding.
    My goal is to get to around 100kg.
    Any ideas why I might not be gaining any weight?

Per Jonathan Bailor's The Calorie Myth my guess you are a healthy person and your brain is working hard to keep you from going above/below your biological weight set point.

Weight control by our brain seems to be influenced by some of our 50 hormones we are learning today. This is why most all people will stop gaining weight at some level even if they keep overeating. Seldom do you see a 1500 pound person.

Now about 40 years ago it was thought our weight was controlled by the calories we eat but today we it is not that simple. Keep in mind some people are still stuck with the old data and will tell you that you just are not eating enough calories. :)

No.