Scared because dieting and gaining weight. Is it a tumour?

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Wow...Just wow!

Really, anybody who worries about a tumour should immediately contact a doctor, not post on a forum
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The weight gain led me to think it was a tumour. You hear of them being 6lbs or even more. I've gained weight but not gained size, hence the question
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Your diet is full of processed food so lots of sodium and no vegetables at all logged ...are you eating then and not logging

If you've changed up your exercise, are TOM or menopausal it could be water weight

If your size has not changed perhaps your scales need rebalancing or new batteries
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I think it could be too much sodium. A lot of your entries are generic like the tuna wrap from Sodexo. Unless you really did get a Sodexo wrap. I don't know.

Forgive me for this the meme, but I could help myself.
    4530014b377f56bf21da273fc5a92396594b0299c05eb15c466995517f728b30.jpg
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary it isnt brilliant and not hard to see why you are probably overestimating. Its a bit erratic and ratehr than below 1600 theres lots of times you are over 2000 plus the exercise is minimal.

Please stop with the tumour talk. Go and see a Dr if you have any serious concerns.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Was it a gradual increase and over how long? It could be water weight from your new workout routine. Could be TOM - I went down to 149 then up to 156 in 2 days on my last one. Could also be holiday eating- maybe you underestimated how much you've eaten. And time of day you weigh - I can easily weigh 5 pounds more at the end of my day vs the beginning.

If you're genuinely concerned about a tumor, go see a doctor. Otherwise, give it a few days and see what happens. If you keep gaining then re-evaluate what you're doing, see a doctor, and begin again.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Do you measure your wine or eyeball it? After a while, 5 oz can start to look like 8 (at least at my house). :smile:
  • bumblebee
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Looking at your diary it isnt brilliant and not hard to see why you are probably overestimating. Its a bit erratic and ratehr than below 1600 theres lots of times you are over 2000 plus the exercise is minimal.

Please stop with the tumour talk. Go and see a Dr if you have any serious concerns.

Not lots of times! Perhaps just on weekends, also, just because I am over the 2000 some days it evens out over a week and does not account for 7lbs weight gain. My question to you all was based on my diary can you see a reason for 7lbs weight gain? The answer is no. That is why I was hoping someone could shed light on it. What I have come up against is a barrage of sarcasm. I think the problem here is that you see my picture and think " what has she got to worry about when we are all struggling" - well I am struggling too you know.
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hey, have I become invisible to everybody or is it just the OP that can't see me?

Incidentally OP (if you can see me), I (up to now) gave you no sarcasm, just polite advice and asked you why you weren't going to a doctor but you chose to completely ignore me.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Can someone please get me a chair??? I am about to go into O.C.D overdrive... WHERE ARE THE VEGETABLES???? I see NO vegetables...... I need to go and have a lay down now!
  • karenrich77
    Options
    Hey, have I become invisible to everybody or is it just the OP that can't see me?

I see you :) Hi!

• bumblebee
    Options
    Can someone please get me a chair??? I am about to go into O.C.D overdrive... WHERE ARE THE VEGETABLES???? I see NO vegetables...... I need to go and have a lay down now!

They are in the "fuller for longer" and "balanced for you" meals. These are specially formulated diet meals. Plus fresh veg soup every lunchtime
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Oh wait i think I have cancer. I know I will ask on a fitness board for my diagnosis rather than go and see a real doctor.

I am sorry lady but you are being stupid. If you really think you have a tumor then go and see a genuine doctor and get a genuine diagnosis. Because nothing said here is an expert opinion and even if it is an expert opinion. We don't have the equipment or the access to you we would need to diagnose you. Go to your doctor. Rule out serious illness. THEN come here and ask again if it's not that.
  • TeresaB1979
    Options

I see you :) Hi!

Yay! I was getting worried there. ;-)
  • karenrich77
    Options
    bumblebee wrote: »

They are in the "fuller for longer" and "balanced for you" meals. These are specially formulated diet meals. Plus fresh veg soup every lunchtime

Ugh, diet meals..... I hate them, all freshly made, non processed in this house. Good luck and go to the doctor please. But I highly doubt this would be a tumour. I can gain 5 pounds in a day from sodium induced water retention and it is gone again in a day or two
  • bumblebee
    Options
    Yup, these are freshly made too
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    I must admit I laughed at the thread title.

I'm gaining weight - no it can't possibly be because I'm eating in a surplus... there is no other possible explanation - it must be a tumour.

Maybe we should worry about all the other people who write they are gaining or plateauing and advise they all seek medical advice for tumours too.

No.

It's a surplus. You're eating too much. Either inaccurate logging of food intake, or over estimate of your calorie needs. Or both.
  • bumblebee
    Options
    I must admit I laughed at the thread title.

I'm gaining weight - no it can't possibly be because I'm eating in a surplus... there is no other possible explanation - it must be a tumour.

Maybe we should worry about all the other people who write they are gaining or plateauing and advise they all seek medical advice for tumours too.

No.

It's a surplus. You're eating too much. Either inaccurate logging of food intake, or over estimate of your calorie needs. Or both.

I don't agree
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Once you rule out the tumor - then come back and we can provide better help
  • TeresaB1979
    Options
    Once you rule out the tumor - then come back and we can provide better help

She has been repeatedly told that (because it is obviously the most sensible thing to do) but chooses to entirely ignore it and won't give a reason for not going to a doctor. Strange. Takes all sorts I suppose.