I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options

Replies

• Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am a proud soldier right now. We have worked so hard to get this man and finally it pays off. This finally shows all Americans that we stand by them and back them. so for the 7000+ that has died by his actions THIS WAS FOR YOU!!!!!

As far as things to come. No matter what happens it was going to happen anyway this wont trigger anything but if there is something it might speed it up. Im sure he left hundreds of ideas with his top guys and they will want to try but our government atleast does a great job getting info to us to take care of this problem. For right now rejoice and be happy for the families we have avenged.

Thank yo:flowerforyou: :drinker: u for your service! I am glad you stand up for me! I take it to heart that you serve and protect! I don't think I can ever thank you enough or repay you in the same way as you have done for me and my family! I will however honor you and do all my best to live with courage and gratitude always!!!!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Bush didn't go after Bin when he had the chance or have we forgotten? After 911 he went into Iraq instead after Saddam.

Actually you need to go back, take your Bush goggles off and read some history.
    1) We went into Afghanistan first 10/7/2001
    2) We didn’t go into Iraq until 3/20/2003
    3) We are not “in” Pakistan even now
    I of course can’t say for sure, but I’m pretty sure if Bush knew Osama was in Pakistan he would have sent a team after him.

And if you want to talk about who had a chance to take out Osama (for a fact) let’s talk Clinton.

Oh my goodness, thank you. Seriously, there were presidents BEFORE Bush. There were problems BEFORE Bush. There are problems SINCE Bush. Not everything is Obama v Bush.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Hitler was confirmed dead on May 1, 1945.

confirmed/announced is not the same as DIED.

Everything I find says Hitler dies on 4/30
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    What I find sick is the amount of people here worried about what might happen, worried that us taking him out will cause retaliation, all but saying “maybe we should have just left well enough alone”. That is sick and saddening to me.

We have become a country of cowards.

It’s a darn good thing all of your Grand Parents didn’t show the weakness I’m seeing here, else we would all be speaking German, or Japanese.

This POS deserved to die a horrendous, torturous death 3000x over, and they should take his head and put it on a spike at ground zero.

Is it wrong to be worried for the saftey of our troops.And since you want to bring up Japan werent we the ones that dropped nukes on 2 villigaes full of innocent women and children?Seem kinda terroist like to me or is it brave? Many of the people who said they were afraid of what might come next said nothing about him not being killed or that it shouldnt have been done.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Pearl Harbor!!!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Does this mean we can finally get out of Afghanistan?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Does this mean we can finally get out of Afghanistan?

wait, we have to close Guantanamo Bay first.....
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I am a proud soldier right now. We have worked so hard to get this man and finally it pays off. This finally shows all Americans that we stand by them and back them. so for the 7000+ that has died by his actions THIS WAS FOR YOU!!!!!

As far as things to come. No matter what happens it was going to happen anyway this wont trigger anything but if there is something it might speed it up. Im sure he left hundreds of ideas with his top guys and they will want to try but our government atleast does a great job getting info to us to take care of this problem. For right now rejoice and be happy for the families we have avenged.
    I just wanted to say thank you for serving our country!! I, for one, is glad that man is gone. I will always remember 9/11.....
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I may not be PC....but I am glad that menace is dancing with the devil!!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    look at it this way if it really is a hoax that he is dead or a big conspiracy you know he would be putting out a tape or something.It would reinforce his postion with the people that belive in him to show that he really isnt dead.
    Oh and Bush did try going after Osama failed turned his attentions to Iraq to shift focus away from the fact that he didnt get him when he bombed the crap out of afganastan
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Please don't turn this thread into a political topic people. This thread is teetering on the edge as it is. If people start throwing out rants against presidents (on any/either side), we'll be forced to lock this topic and/or delete it. Please don't force us to do that.

thank you,

SHBoss1673
    MyFitnessPal forums Moderator
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Please don't turn this thread into a political topic people. This thread is teetering on the edge as it is. If people start throwing out rants against presidents (on any/either side), we'll be forced to lock this topic and/or delete it. Please don't force us to do that.

thank you,

SHBoss1673

Thank you. I agree.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    What I find sick is the amount of people here worried about what might happen, worried that us taking him out will cause retaliation, all but saying “maybe we should have just left well enough alone”. That is sick and saddening to me.

We have become a country of cowards.

It’s a darn good thing all of your Grand Parents didn’t show the weakness I’m seeing here, else we would all be speaking German, or Japanese.

This POS deserved to die a horrendous, torturous death 3000x over, and they should take his head and put it on a spike at ground zero.

Is it wrong to be worried for the saftey of our troops.And since you want to bring up Japan werent we the ones that dropped nukes on 2 villigaes full of innocent women and children?Seem kinda terroist like to me or is it brave? Many of the people who said they were afraid of what might come next said nothing about him not being killed or that it shouldnt have been done.

There are no innocents in a country that would allow their leaders to do what Japan did, or what Hitler did, or what Osama did. Trying to make it sound like we just picked someone off the street and killed them, is repugnant and insulting. War is hell and the winner is the one that is willing to bring the most goulash hell down upon the other. If you’re an American I respect your right to speak out against it, but remember this, if it wasn’t for men and women willing to do what it takes, willing to kill your so called “innocents” you would not have the freedom to whine about the US killing some dirt bag.

If we had not dropped “the bomb” there would have been thousands more Americans dead before that war was over,,,,,,, I guess that would have been ok with you?
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Let us all just be AMERICANS today!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!USA! USA! USA! USA!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    After 9/11 Osama was just a poster boy of terrorism.. it is simply immoral to think there will be no retaliation

so whats next and can Obama handle it?
  • Therapist_mama
    Options
    I feel it is a long time coming for this justice to be served! I am thankful that we have one less terrorist among us on this earth! That does not mean that there are not more, it just means we have stood up to a terrorist and are sending the message to the world that we will continue to and always will fight terrorism! It says we are not cowards and we will fight for what is right and what is good!

This pang of conscience about celebrating an evil man's death that seems to fill many of our fellow humans is an interesting dynamic of fear! The Karma Factor is an interesting motivator toward humane behavior in some cases but, for many it does not seem to phase them and that includes terrorist who do their evil deeds without thought for the consequences that justice will visit on them. Fear is the enemy not the action of justice nor the celebration of victory! To live in fear of retaliation because of this is indeed the culprit of many emotionally unstable behaviors in society!

I believe our Government is full of knowledge and vigilance over these events and will do their best as far as human agency can against the evil's promoted by terrorist and their followers!

May God give America and her Government His grace and direction in this fight against terrorism!!!
  • Therapist_mama
    Options

thank you,

SHBoss1673

Thank You! I agree wholeheartedly!
  • gmclachl
    gmclachl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am certainly not going to lose any sleep over Osama Bin Laden's death. However the jingoistic nonsense which is now taking place does not sit easily with me either. I think the U.S should show some decorum at this time, maybe a time for some quiet reflection.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Hitler was confirmed dead on May 1, 1945.

confirmed/announced is not the same as DIED.

Everything I find says Hitler dies on 4/30

Right...they are only stating the parallel that both were confirmed dead on May 1st. No need to get upset about it.
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/02/may-day-both-hitler-and-bin-laden-announced-dead-on-may-1/
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    I feel mixed.... I think that it is just one of many, hopeful that since we have lost one major player that perhaps it will breakdown the network and disorganize it some. I think as in history, there is never an absolute peace and while I do not like war, I am grateful to those that put the life of others before themselves... to our troops who do their best to protect our freedom! I salute you.
This discussion has been closed.