December Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Well gang, looked like I got too ambitous as a relatively new runner. Flew by my 75 mile goal, but ended up with an overuse injury in both feet. Was told to take a break for a few weeks then ease back into it. I'll be back in January with a lower goal and hopefully can ramp it up over the first few months of the year.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone - I'm resting it, stretching lightly and icing. I'm very grouchy when I can't run. :-1:

I know what you mean. I have only been running since July and I feel the same when I can't run. It reminds me of a shirt I saw at my local running store -- something like "no one's happy until mama gets her run in". Get better soon! Your daughter is adorable. :)

I so need that shirt! Thank you, she is a great kid. We are supposed to run a 5K on Sunday, but I don't think I'm going to be able to, she said Mom I can walk it with you. I told her no way, besides I know she is too competitive for that! :smile:

• bkbenda
    bkbenda Posts: 265 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    12/1 – 7.40 miles (5x1 intervals)
    12/2 – 3.52 miles (3 slow with 20 sec. sprints plus strong lifts)
    12/3 – 4.12 miles (slow)
    12/4 – 8.0 miles (1 mile warm up, 6 miles tempo, 1 mile cool down)

exercise.png
  • kadibo
    kadibo Posts: 15
    Options
    Trying for a half in February :smile:
    exercise.png
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Dec 1st: 40 minutes (roughly 3.5 miles. Horrible signal around my house.)
    Dec 3rd: 40 minutes

exercise.png
  • DragonfliesOnWings
    Options
    I'll like to try this. I've been averaging 25 miles a week so I'll go with 100 miles. Today is the 4th and fitbit says I've done 20.6 miles since December 1st.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    gabbo34 wrote: »
    Well gang, looked like I got too ambitious as a relatively new runner. Flew by my 75 mile goal, but ended up with an overuse injury in both feet. Was told to take a break for a few weeks then ease back into it. I'll be back in January with a lower goal and hopefully can ramp it up over the first few months of the year.
    Well that's rotten. The good news is as a relatively new runner you likely caught it early enough to fully recover in a couple of weeks & when you jump back in you'll be able to run just as well without strain. Here's to your swift & complete recovery!!
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone - I'm resting it, stretching lightly and icing. I'm very grouchy when I can't run. :-1:

I know what you mean. I have only been running since July and I feel the same when I can't run. It reminds me of a shirt I saw at my local running store -- something like "no one's happy until mama gets her run in". Get better soon! Your daughter is adorable. :)

Yup! My DH always tells my daughters "We need to let momma run or she will be cranky" lol

I got in 3 miles this morning before work - with my 5 year old in the job stroller! She caught me as I was leaving and wanted to come. Makes 7 for the month. Only 93 more to go!
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Dec 1 - 14k hike
    Dec 2 - 5.5k run
    Dec 3 - Strength training
    Dec 4 - 5k run

Total for the month 10.5k I believe my goal this month is 60k. So that leaves me only 49.5k.

Also just looked at my overall kilometers completed this year and it's 674.13k. Pretty good I think. :smile:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Well gang, looked like I got too ambitous as a relatively new runner. Flew by my 75 mile goal, but ended up with an overuse injury in both feet. Was told to take a break for a few weeks then ease back into it. I'll be back in January with a lower goal and hopefully can ramp it up over the first few months of the year.

Oh no I hate that for you. Take care of yourself.

briebee7 wrote: »

Yup! My DH always tells my daughters "We need to let momma run or she will be cranky" lol

I got in 3 miles this morning before work - with my 5 year old in the job stroller! She caught me as I was leaving and wanted to come. Makes 7 for the month. Only 93 more to go!

I give a ton of credit to those of you who run with strollers, don't know how you do it.

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    12/1 3.3
    12/4 2.2
    Total 5.5
    69.5 to do.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for December

12/1 6.2 miles - 6.2
    12/2 4 miles - 10.2
    12/3 4 miles - 14.2
    12/4 5.25 miles - 19.45

exercise.png

• stmadoesboy
    stmadoesboy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Same route as Tuesday and a minute faster! whoop!

2/12 6.25 (6.25)
    4/12 6.26 (12.51)

exercise.png
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

exercise.png

Great run this morning, and almost talked myself out of leaving the house (was tired). This was for today and yesterday together. Next run is a 5k on Saturday (a Santa run).
  • Minnygirl1
    Minnygirl1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    MFP is being difficult (website problems). But I kept running and have 9.5 miles for December. I plan on 60 again.
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

exercise.png

i may have gotten a little too ambitious. having surgery next thursday (i'm fine, no worries, it's elective) so i'm not sure how long it will be before i can run again. we shall see!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Quick 1 mile run after a 2 mile walk for the night.
    exercise.png
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom- Love the picture of your Skip, she's the perfect combination of happy & proud. The trophy is primo cute too!
    briebee7 wrote: »

You're such a great mom, running with the jogging stroller- Go supermom! I can't stand ours, it almost ruins the run for me. Thank goodness my little bitty ones aren't usually up at 5am!

_Date___ Miles
    Dec 1 ___7.1am+6.4pm (& a hike up Monadnock too)
    Dec 2 ___1.3 streak -snowing again
    Dec 3 ___10.4am -icy w\freezing rain
    Dec 4 ___4.1 beautiful clear night skies forgot I was only going out for 1 mile
    ____ Total ____ 29.4

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    I had the worst and the best day today! Work was terrible and ugly and I am so glad to be on vacation for a few days! I didn't run yesterday but managed to get in a short 30 minute run today between meetings. After work I went to the gym for a much needed strength training session and when I got home had work to finish up. While I was working the DH went out to pickup dinner and what???... returned not with dinner but with our daughter who flew in for my birthday and is going to No California with us! They REALLY got me. I was so not expecting it and was just overwhelmed and I still can't believe she is here.
    Have a run planned for the morning before we head out and at least one run over the weekend in No CA!

Date.......Miles.......Total
    12/01.... 6.40....... 6.40
    12/02.... 4.40......10.80 Wet, Wet, Wet Rain run in the AM/Strength training in the PM
    12/03.... 0.00......10.80
    12/04.... 3.38......14.18 Quick run between meetings; Strength Training

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    Oh no! take it easy and feel better soon!