What's your biggest weight loss / fitness pet peeve?

Options

Replies

• sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I hate when someone who is an adult says they don't want to drink water or eat something healthy because it's 'boring.'

You are not a toddler, you do not need sprinkles and purple food coloring on your chicken.

I don't drink water because it's exciting, I drink it because I need it. How empty is the rest of your life that you need exciting beverages daily?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    -When someone asks me about weight loss and then ends the conversation with "well I couldn't do that." You asked me about what I did. If you choose not to lose weight, that's your business. My decisions do not reflect on your decision. I think it comes from guilt or a desire to relate?
    -When people make assumptions about how much I/other people weigh/what size they wear. When I weighed 215 lbs, one coworker talked about how if she blew up to 200 lbs she'd have her jaw wired shut. Another coworker (a vindictive one, she probably meant this as a slight) said how she'd kill herself if she became a size 8. I was probably a size 14 when she said that.
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I hate when I'm trying to eat healthy and my husband wants to take me out to eat all the time. He will take me to restaurants that don't have healthy choices on the menu and then get mad because I eat very little of something and take the rest home for him or my son to eat later. Also, he is constantly testing my strength by bringing home donuts in the morning and placing them on the counter. Then he tells me "I got them for you". UGH

I hate it when people try to make it hard for you to succeed!!
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    I hate when someone who is an adult says they don't want to drink water or eat something healthy because it's 'boring.'

You are not a toddler, you do not need sprinkles and purple food coloring on your chicken.

I don't drink water because it's exciting, I drink it because I need it. How empty is the rest of your life that you need exciting beverages daily?

haha, this is great! I think this every time I see a thread that says "I hate all vegetables". Really?? Grow up. Eat a damn vegetable.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options

LOL at "exciting beverages."
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »

#thingsiwishicouldsayhere

#mynewfavoritehashtag
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

THANK YOU! This is my mother, to a tee. The diabetic person who refuses to change her diet, be active at all, OR drink water because she "doesn't like it". Guess giving yourself shots every day for the rest of your (shortened) life is more "likable"???
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    1. People who do not wipe equipment down when they are finished. I usually wipe before and after now but where's the common courtesy?

2. Being told I'm 'lucky' that I am 'able' to lose weight.

You're so lucky your body uses laws of thermodynamics. Mine doesn't. My body goes beyond all science and reason. My body is out of this world
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    meltedsno wrote: »
    Makes me crazy when people think they deserve a "cheat" day... IF they were serious about losing and maintaining weight, there should be no reason for a "cheat" day... I also hate it when people talk about being on a "diet"... a diet is temporary... lifestyle change is permanent. and then I suppose I make people crazy talking about my "lifestyle" change... lol... One other thing that makes me angry -- I don't know where this falls -- but there is nothing more irritating and condescending than a thin person in the midst of others who are overweight and then says "Oh I feel so obese"... this happened to me years ago. I was at my all time high of 270 lbs... was fitting a wedding dress on a bride -- dress was a size 0 -- she stands in the mirror looking at herself and proclaims that she is so obese... arghhhhhhhhh...

I'll agree with your first point. It's amazing seeing someone that's 300lbs say "i lost a pound. I deserve a cheat day!" and then stuff their face with all the food that got them fat in the first place. It's like...what?! You're still fat. You still have a problem! You don't need to be focusing on junk food right now. You need to get your crap together.

That's like me only having a job for 3 days and going out and buying a $50,000 car. I don't have job stability. Why the hell would i think i can splurge so soon?!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Direct quotes from my mother. "Your vegan diet isn't healthy, you eat too many carbs. Your brother and HIS wife are doing paleo, I think that's a healthier way to go" or, "when are you going to feed your kids some meat? Send them up to me for the summer, I'll fatten them up." Sure, Ma.

Completely ignoring the fact that we don't eat meat for other reasons, then gloating to me about her new leather couches and texting me pictures of her steak dinners. >.<
  • Eaving1
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Ok, one more. The two camps of 'eat clean/eat healthy' and 'I eat whatever I want and still lose' arguing. If you want to eat a high volume of food to achieve feeling full while losing weight, eat clean/healthier or make better food choices. Or get hit with random hunger pangs that you cannot do anything about because you ate a cheese burger, pizza or chocolate bar and to eat anymore puts you beyond your calories allowance. Or eat more to squash the hunger and don't lose weight. So now your hungry and miserable or can't lose weight and miserable. Personally, I am a full and happy girl who eats a ton... and who eats treats... just in moderation. But good for those that don't seem to eat good and lose too. I just don't know how you got past the being hungry part.

FYI - some of us don't get 'random' hunger pangs because we ate a cheeseburger, pizza, or chocolate bar. That's how :wink:

You know what gives me constant hunger pangs? Salad, unless it's got blue cheese and meat on it. Fish. Unless it's in sushi - the rice seems to help.

Oh, and in the spirit of the thread: Kind of irritating that people assume that eating cheeseburgers, pizza and chocolate bars automatically means you'll be hungry and eating 'healthy' (whatever their definition is) will keep you full.

I think the meaning there was not that those foods give you hunger pangs, but that you have hunger pangs because you ate those things and can't eat any more without going over your daily calories :P
  • hikecampgal
    hikecampgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Pet peeves:

- co-workers who KNOW you're watching what you eat, then suddenly start bringing in all kinds of sinfully delicious, calorie-loaded goodies, repeatedly offer them to you, get offended when you don't eat the damn things, and have a hissy fit for the rest of the day/week.

- clicking on links to pics of someone who's lost 40 lbs, have dropped X number of sizes, and you can SEE the amazing difference in their bodies. I've lost 40 lbs and still look the same, still wear all the same clothes (slightly, slightly looser, that's it). No offence to these people, I wish I could BE like them, and I know it's because of my starting weight and height, but it's a peeve, just the same.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    nlcampnut wrote: »
    Pet peeves:

- co-workers who KNOW you're watching what you eat, then suddenly start bringing in all kinds of sinfully delicious, calorie-loaded goodies, repeatedly offer them to you, get offended when you don't eat the damn things, and have a hissy fit for the rest of the day/week.

- clicking on links to pics of someone who's lost 40 lbs, have dropped X number of sizes, and you can SEE the amazing difference in their bodies. I've lost 40 lbs and still look the same, still wear all the same clothes (slightly, slightly looser, that's it). No offence to these people, I wish I could BE like them, and I know it's because of my starting weight and height, but it's a peeve, just the same.

Congrats on losing 40 pounds! That is a major accomplishment.

I forgot to add fitness mags. For every good fish recipe or renegade row pictorial there's a million broscience blurbs. Articles on toning up without adding "bulky" muscle. Blanket recommendations of 2 pound-a-week 1200-calorie diets to lose your belly fat.

The fact that they have so many good articles just confuses the issue when they throw out bad advice or disproved science.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    my biggest pet peeve is my sister who is overweight, she is always posting these pics of women in bikinis saying how she "HOPES" to look like that one day,I tell her she needs to eat healthier and exercise plus some of the women you see,their bodies are that way due to their genes.she always complains that while she knows,she doesnt have time to exercise and wont give up food because she loves to eat. SMH,then a week later she says Im going to stop drinking soda so I can lose weight because,IM so fat.The next week she is happy with her weight and dont care what she looks like.I get tired of her whining and complaining yet, she doesnt want to take the first step.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    One is about myself. I really want to like lifting, I try to like it over and over, and I just don't, and I feel like a failure because I prefer my cardio so much more. Partially because it's gospel around here to LIFT. I keep trying though, I want muscles someday. In the meantime, my running allows me to lose weight.

The other is about those people who want applause every time they resist the EVIL FRIED CHICKEN or whatnot. If you want it, eat it, or eat it when you can work it in if you can't today. Unless you want to go without fried chicken forever (I wouldn't). I guess I don't understand the mindset.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    "Clean Eating" and how some people magically thing that the exact moment they starting "eating clean" they are suddenly more healthy than I am because I eat McDonalds regardless of the fact that they might be at an unhealthy weight and/or don't exercise.

Right! Or when people look at you and say "you can eat ice cream?" Why, yes, yes I can because I'm not lactose intolerant.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jbee27 wrote: »

haha, this is great! I think this every time I see a thread that says "I hate all vegetables". Really?? Grow up. Eat a damn vegetable.

Yeah, I have the same reaction. Or to the "I'm a super picky eater" threads. It's just something I don't have a lot of tolerance for (so I usually stay out of it).
  • colinacoco
    colinacoco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    People that dont understand why you calorie count and mock it -_-

Seeing food i want to eat, (e.g chinese or even naan bread) then seeing the calories in it. That always stresses me

When weight loss slows down..
  • ducati45
    ducati45 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Suggesting keto for literally every issue you have...