Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    CICO is all that matters...

oh wait let me guess if you are over 50 than CICO no longer applies...

or maybe if you have a fake MFP profile CICO no longer applies too, because fake...

I do not believe that CICO is all that matters.......It is one element of it and matters at 5 or 50. But if it was the be all end all, then weight loss would be simple and we all know that is not true. Most diets over the years have been based on eating less and have been a dismal failure. CICO is not sustainable in the long term.

As for fake profiles - who cares? Who are you ndj? Why don't you give us your full name, age, address, phone number and preferably bank account number. Most of us protect our identities - what is the big deal?

LOL so you are saying you can eat in a calorie surplus and lose weight? Do you believe in Unicorns too?

Please find me the one person in the world that can eat in a calorie surplus and lose weight? I guess you don't believe in math and science either..?

My profile picture is real and is not stolen, I will tell you that much. If you reverse image it it will not say that I am a CEO of a software company ...

So you think it is OK to get advice from someone that has technically stolen someone else's identity? really, is that where you are going?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

or maybe if you have a fake MFP profile CICO no longer applies too, because fake...

I do not believe that CICO is all that matters.......It is one element of it and matters at 5 or 50. But if it was the be all end all, then weight loss would be simple and we all know that is not true. Most diets over the years have been based on eating less and have been a dismal failure. CICO is not sustainable in the long term.

As for fake profiles - who cares? Who are you ndj? Why don't you give us your full name, age, address, phone number and preferably bank account number. Most of us protect our identities - what is the big deal?

There is a difference between choosing to omit information and copying the identity of someone else.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    adowe wrote: »

Science doesn't care if you believe it or not, it just is.

apparently, Leena lives in the fourth dimension where math and physics no longer apply ...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options

Just because you have difficulty implementing CICO, everyone else should.....got it.

• CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    carbs are my BBF!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

CICO really is all that matters regarding weight loss. The reason why it can be so difficult for people is the CO part of the equation. There are so many factors that determine how your body uses energy. Age, gender, lean body mass, hormone levels, medications, and many other factors can cause you to metabolize faster or slower than another person.

• LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

LOL so you are saying you can eat in a calorie surplus and lose weight? Do you believe in Unicorns too?

Please find me the one person in the world that can eat in a calorie surplus and lose weight? I guess you don't believe in math and science either..?

My profile picture is real and is not stolen, I will tell you that much. If you reverse image it it will not say that I am a CEO of a software company ...

So you think it is OK to get advice from someone that has technically stolen someone else's identity? really, is that where you are going?

lol all you want. I did not say you can eat in calorie surplus and lose weight.

As for the fake profile - couldn't care less.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Alright so first and foremost - have you lost any weight, like at all?

CICO is one of the most, if not the most, sustainable ways of living period.

Let's say you have a lot of stress - which means your body is producing hormones and chemicals in greater quantities/different quantities making it harder to burn calories. In the end, CICO applies because even if it's hard to burn more calories you still have to burn more calories than you consume to lose weight.

Let's say you have a thyroid disorder, and you don't burn as many calories or it's more difficult to do so. Again, CICO applies.

It doesn't matter if you have a medical condition which makes it harder to lose weight, the basic math is that you have to burn more than you consume to lose.

For some people, it could be less sodium, less carbs, less sugar, less fat, etc within the CICO model . . . but in order to use up your body's excess fuel stores (or fat) you have to stop putting new fuel into it. That's pretty basic. And by using our body's excess fuel stores, we burn fat and drop the weight.

And before anyone gets into the "muscle weighs more than fat" argument . . . I am talking in simple terms about long-term sustainable weight loss.

Fad diets don't work, but CICO is not a diet, it's really just moderating intake which a lot of people (and I used to be one of those) seem to have issues doing. It's also part of modern life because we're so bombarded with easy and convenient choices which have little to no nutritional value to them.

• ndj1979
    edited December 2014
    Options

so if CICO is not all that matters then how does one lose weight, magic?

ETA - if CICO is not sustainable in the long term, how have I kept weight off for ten years????
  • LeenaGee
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just because you have difficulty implementing CICO, everyone else should.....got it.

Who says I have difficulty implementing CICO?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Who says I have difficulty implementing CICO?
    You haven't addressed your statement " CICO is not sustainable in the long term."
    Does it break down approaching the event horizon of a black hole or something?
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

What the actual *kitten*!! You just said above CICO is not sustainable . . . now you're saying no one can eat at a surplus and lose?

I'd really like to get to one clear answer: how do YOU believe people lose weight, long term, and maintain it?

CICO is math and science . . . I'm really confused but I am certain you don't know much about weight loss at all.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just putting this out there...If you do a low carb lifestyle, eventually you will run out of this "water weight" You cannot lose 85 pounds of "just" water weight in 6 months. How do I know???? Because I am living freaking proof! UGH. So tired of all these so called experts here....OP if LOw carb helps keep you balanced, do it and when you eat your carbs eat the good ones found in fres veggies and quality grains... Best of luck! :)
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    If you guys have it all worked out then write a book - you will make a fortune.

I did not say "no one can eat at a surplus and lose"

and there is no clear answer to "how do I believe people lose weight, long term, and maintain it" - if I knew I would write a book - and make a fortune.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jenjay8045 wrote: »
    Just putting this out there...If you do a low carb lifestyle, eventually you will run out of this "water weight" You cannot lose 85 pounds of "just" water weight in 6 months. How do I know???? Because I am living freaking proof! UGH. So tired of all these so called experts here....OP if LOw carb helps keep you balanced, do it and when you eat your carbs eat the good ones found in fres veggies and quality grains... Best of luck! :)

No kidding. No one has said that.
  • ndj1979
    Options

and there is no clear answer to "how do I believe people lose weight, long term, and maintain it" - if I knew I would write a book - and make a fortune.

so you make blanket statements that you know nothing about ...? legit ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

No kidding. No one has said that.

LOL I thought the same, but just decided to let it go ...
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Nah CICO won't sell books or dvd's or anything else....too many free sites like MFP.
    Plus telling someone they have to be accountable for their own Dietary intake isn't what most people want to hear.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Be aware of energy intake, be aware of energy output, adjust accordingly to balance. Pay me.
  • LeenaGee
    Options

High five, little lady!! :)
This discussion has been closed.