Christmas/Holiday/Dayyoucelebrate Challenge

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Today was several liters of a porter named dark persuasion, a pumpkin spice latte with chocolate, a bratwurst with sauerkraut and a pretzel I shared with my dog. Then there was the gluhwein, and whisky. Of course I had to try some leberkase, liverwurst, bierkase, rye bread, zimtsterne.

then there was dinner.
    Ham hock with spatzle, rottkraut, some sausage, and a little bread. The best part though, was the skin from the hock. A porcine, fat covered crisp cracker, that when you bite it a little bit of fat tries to escape down your chin to your plate.

DSC02689.JPG

Then followed that with a little hofbrau dunkel.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I started the day with two pieces of this, after dreaming about it all night. Sheesh it's even better the next day (it's chestnut buttercream inside, chocolate buttercream outside).

log_zps91d6bac2.jpg

So I'm at 1000 calories so far and it's only 9am. Breakfast buffet tonight (quiche, French toast, hash brown, and more), and I doubt I'll skip lunch so... Probably 3-4000 calories today. Still unsure about tomorrow, I'm making another log, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting any chocolate or not (which would probably make all the difference).

Let's bring it on.

That looks amazing!
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    This thread is fantastic....hic, with make up, wine, bourbon, and food photos hic hic. Cheers everybody!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Rough estimate my Christmas eve came in around 2900, but it was a quiet night as I got out of going to my sister in laws who can't cook and whines too much...

Christmas rough pre log before booze is 4100 so I think 5000+ will be easily reached
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    High 2600: for me yesterday. Not to shabby... Pretty sure with a cookie munching it cutoff be 3k. But I'm okay with that for Christmas eve.

Today's a new day! woot woot woot!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    This morning I hit nearly 1,000 cals, I have been chowing out on smoked almonds, cheese and crackers, and ALL THE FRUIT in the fruit tray. Oh, and put half n' half in my coffee instead of just milk.

Its only 8:30 am here, so this is bound to be an EPIC DAY!
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I worked in the ER last night and, as per tradition, everyone who had a shift brought a little something and one of the outlying hospitals sent pizza as some sort of thank you gift for accepting their referrals throughout the year (strange, really). So here's what I had (I'm estimating at least 3000 cals for the shift):

5 slices of pizza
    1 oatmeal raisin cookie
    1 white chocolate macadamia cookie
    2 chocolate chip cookies
    2 pieces of chocolate mousse cake
    3 biscotti
    1 piece of peanut butter cake
    A few fried broccoli puffs
    An undetermined amount of peanut brittle
    I'm sure there was some other stuff I don't remember

Tonight will be the traditional Jewish Christmas celebration: movie and Chinese food, and I intend to eat all the egg rolls.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    We won't discuss Christmas Eve...my family doesn't do anything, so I'm pretty sure I stuck to my deficit. All the sads. I even went with just one serving of Talenti.

This morning...breakfast casserole...that's an easy 700, right?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve clocked in at about 2800 cals. I also hit the wall pretty early so didn't eat as many of Santas cookies and no baileys and coffee before bed, fell asleep watching Christmas Vacation right after arranging all the Santa presents... Starting this morning off with leftover monkey bread while kids tear apart weeks of shopping and wrapping work in a matter of minutes. Later will put out cold cuts for a snack and this evening we are headed to husbands cousins for lots of booze and food. I'm bringing salami stuffed focaccia, party rye pizzas, and cheesy corn to go with brisket and mashed potatoes and whatever else is on the menu... I'm going to aim for 3000 again but don't worry, I have yet another celebration on Saturday and my husband got me tickets to the Chiefs game on Sunday so there will be lots of beer and bbq contributing to the weekly goal...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    This morning I hit nearly 1,000 cals, I have been chowing out on smoked almonds, cheese and crackers, and ALL THE FRUIT in the fruit tray. Oh, and put half n' half in my coffee instead of just milk.

I'm at 2000 and it's 10am. I was up starving at 3am (WTF seriously, considering I had 2200 calories last night), had a piece of cake, then breakfast was 3 chocolates, cheese omelet, bacon, and 1000 calories worth of panettone.

Then there's 'dinner' (at 2pm) of filet mignon, potatoes, more Christmas log, plum pudding and I don't know what else (there are rolls too), and dinner.

I'll be at the gym first thing tomorrow, obviously.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    3rd batch of ooegy gooey cookies in the oven...
    And yogurt/cream cheese fruit dip made for the fruit tray I'm bringing to brunch.

BF is staying home sick- which makes me a bit sad- but it is what it is.

I am so tired- was going to get up and run this morning- but- well- I have a cut on my foot that's starting to bother me- so I opted off the run. Back to workout tomorrow.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I'm at 2000 and it's 10am. I was up starving at 3am (WTF seriously, considering I had 2200 calories last night), had a piece of cake, then breakfast was 3 chocolates, cheese omelet, bacon, and 1000 calories worth of panettone.

Then there's 'dinner' (at 2pm) of filet mignon, potatoes, more Christmas log, plum pudding and I don't know what else (there are rolls too), and dinner.

I'll be at the gym first thing tomorrow, obviously.

You make me proud. Deeply impressed ;)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve was a Paella and salad, with wine and dessert at a cousin's gathering. I doubt if I over-indulged and anyway, I taught a water aerobics class in the morning.

I don't celebrate Christmas, so today I'm doing an online booster of Zumba training, working on my website, puttering around in my apartment and going to see "Into The Woods" this evening. I also heard that "The Interview" is on Google Play.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    I worked in the ER last night and, as per tradition, everyone who had a shift brought a little something and one of the outlying hospitals sent pizza as some sort of thank you gift for accepting their referrals throughout the year (strange, really). So here's what I had (I'm estimating at least 3000 cals for the shift):

5 slices of pizza
    1 oatmeal raisin cookie
    1 white chocolate macadamia cookie
    2 chocolate chip cookies
    2 pieces of chocolate mousse cake
    3 biscotti
    1 piece of peanut butter cake
    A few fried broccoli puffs
    An undetermined amount of peanut brittle
    I'm sure there was some other stuff I don't remember

Tonight will be the traditional Jewish Christmas celebration: movie and Chinese food, and I intend to eat all the egg rolls.

We do the chinese food thing on christmas eve! We have a Jewish family member and that was/is his family's tradition. I cooked egg rolls, rice, mixed veggies, orange chicken, brocolli and baby corn and served orange wedges and apple pie for dessert.

• melimomTARDIS
    edited December 2014
    Options

We are having christmas "dinner" at 1pm, should be good. My friend is making my favorite, "party potatoes" which is like shredded hashbrown,sourcream and cheese casserole. Im gonna guess that is around a million calories per square inch.

Back to the grindstone tomorrow, but I am sure lovin' today!

• WinoGelato
    Options
    We are having christmas "dinner" at 1pm, should be good. My friend is making my favorite, "party potatoes" which is like shredded hashbrown,sourcream and cheese casserole. Im gonna guess that is around a million calories per square inch.

My family calls those Texas Potatoes but I love them! With cornflakes on top, right?

• melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

My family calls those Texas Potatoes but I love them! With cornflakes on top, right?

YES! My mormon aunt called them "funeral potatoes"... they are my favorite, and I only get them at thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter....(maybe this is a good thing?)

• WinoGelato
    Options
    Couple of pics from last night
    idkfbqwjuug7.jpg
    2h03us5ze1im.jpg
    clokgf6dh6nf.jpg
    kre41y1qa4d1.jpg
    3orlusvgsiyb.jpg
    gh6c8o612nd4.jpg

• melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Its funny talking about eating like this. I am legit whip thin these days, but boy I still like to glutton it up sometimes! ;) You'd think looking like I do I subsist on diet coke and side salads.