20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lululovebaby
    Options
    Hi everyone I hope your Monday is off to a good start. Yesterday was great it was the first time I was able to run in a long time,and it felt amazing I forgot how much I love to run.

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I lost my fitbit on a very hot day in july when I was out walking, it must have just slipped out of it's little holder, my husband had bought it for me for my birthday in the May so I'd only had it for a couple of months.
    Great to hear your getting back into running lululovebaby, I love it too I get such a great buzz from running.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    lu lu wonderful running again. I do good walking at a snail pace. and then not very far.
    I am sitting here looking at our leavless pecan tree with the sun portraying hideous monster in its shadows Strange never notice it before. keep on running Dear.
    Marie <3

<3 hey we have another runner too. Hi Linda sorry you lost your fit bit

marie <3

Scatter kindness to all
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Walking at snails pace is far better than not walking at all, keep at it Marie and it will get easier.
    Linda
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great job to all who have/will get exercise today! One week left on my holiday vacation (I teach nursing at a college and we don't go back until Jan 5. So, I slept in a little, took a nice shower, and walked 6 miles = 771 calories!

My new Fitbit and Map my run app inspire me to do more than I might without them and they both reward you with badges which I find encouraging. It makes it less difficult to say no to eating poor food choices.

For those who are night time snackers, I LOVE making air popped popcorn, spraying it lightly with pam and sprinkling with some salt or Molly Mcbutter or butter buds. At just 30 calories a cup, it's a cruchy satisfying snack you can easily budget into your calories for the day.

A baked or microwaved apple sprinkled with cinnamon is also a great treat. If you have a little vanilla yogurt it's like apple pie alamode!

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips. Becky on My plan I am leaving off carbs at night but can have the popcorn for a snack at 3 Pm sounds great. Hey it is 300 Pm now time for a snack will have some now with a little peanut butter to get some protein and fat to go with the carbs.
    great ideal. The apples sound good to I do have them a few times.
    <3 Marie
  • Doug_T
    Doug_T Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Lets do this thing. I am in. Feel free to friend me.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    "It does not matter how slow you go, just so you do not stop." Confucius

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    <3 Doug, I am with you Lets "lets do this thing"

<3 (*) <3
    I am with you Dave welcome to this bunch glad to have you
    I don't see so good and I don't walk to good either. But I do have quite a few pounds to get off I think this is a fun way to do it. help keep us motivated.
    125421jndpxabtet.gif

<3 (*) <3

<3 Barbie thanks for your loyal support One of the best friend I have.
  • Loves2tri
    Loves2tri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Okay - I'm in...I have more than 20 to loose but this will hopefully keep me on track and focused. :smiley: Over the last week I have started finding out about the app and what I can do and how to use it effectively and hooked it up with my fitbit. I haven't been religious yet but on January 5th the recording of everything will start. I have already been back at the gym and making better choices but I think I am going to be more successful once I'm back at work and life returns to normal. Looking forward to this journey with you. :)
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Loves2tri wrote: »
    Okay - I'm in...I have more than 20 to loose but this will hopefully keep me on track and focused. :smiley: Over the last week I have started finding out about the app and what I can do and how to use it effectively and hooked it up with my fitbit. I haven't been religious yet but on January 5th the recording of everything will start. I have already been back at the gym and making better choices but I think I am going to be more successful once I'm back at work and life returns to normal. Looking forward to this journey with you. :)

- <3 (*) <3
    - welcome loves, is that the name you want us to call you? glad you decided to hook up with us. we have a bunch of wonderful people.. I too have more than 20 lbs But it is a good start for us. As Dave said up above "lets do this thing? Thanks for joining in with us Lets get this show on the road.
    - Marie <3
    - Scatter kindness

125421jndpxabtet.gif

• MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »

A baked or microwaved apple sprinkled with cinnamon is also a great treat. If you have a little vanilla yogurt it's like apple pie alamode!

Becky

Becky, that sounds yummy! I'll have to try it.

Hi everyone, I got a good start today. Had a good breakfast of 1 poached egg 1 slice of 9 grain bread with half of an avocado spread on the bread like butter. Very satisfying. Then got on my bicycle and rode 1/2 mile to the pool for a water aerobics class then rode home.
    Had a nice salad with grape tomatoes mozzerella cheese mixed with pesto sauce. I am not even hungry for supper, but I guess I should have something or I will want to snack later.
    Going out dancing tonight!
    Hope everyone else is having a great day.
    Valerie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    Great job to all who have/will get exercise today! One week left on my holiday vacation (I teach nursing at a college and we don't go back until Jan 5. So, I slept in a little, took a nice shower, and walked 6 miles = 771 calories!

My new Fitbit and Map my run app inspire me to do more than I might without them and they both reward you with badges which I find encouraging. It makes it less difficult to say no to eating poor food choices.

For those who are night time snackers, I LOVE making air popped popcorn, spraying it lightly with pam and sprinkling with some salt or Molly Mcbutter or butter buds. At just 30 calories a cup, it's a cruchy satisfying snack you can easily budget into your calories for the day.

Becky

Ditto for me on the popcorn...love it!!! I put 1/4 cup of kernels in a brown paper lunch bag and pop in the microwave, then spray some I Can't Believe It's Butter on it. Not quite movie theater popcorn, but good enough for me.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.
    I have finished eating for the day and am going to plan my meals for tomorrow.
    Have a good night, all.
    Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    So many fitbit users. I have pedometer and it tracks my steps and miles. I guess I will stick with that until it fails and maybe I will look into a fitbit.

I did 34 min with my Leslie Sasone DVD with weights today. It felt good to get back at it.
    I am not a runner but do walk a lot in the summer and bike. I also bike in the winter with my turbo trainer.

I agree with Barbie, it doesn't matter how fast you walk or run just keep moving!!!

LINDA - yes I am a sugar addict and love my chocolate. I had my husband hide the Lindor's and the Giradelli's. Now I don't know where they are and he doesn't care if he eats chocolate or not. They are safe for a while and I won't be tempted.
    -
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie I will have to get me some pop corn. I used to pop mine in a brown paper bag. but really forgot all about doing it. I did pop a bag of popcorn today and had about 1 1/2 c of popcorn + 1 t of peanut butter to get my some protein and fat in. for a snack at 3 Pm.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :) Shirley my last one I got I wash it and it never work again. I am hoping I don't leave this fit bit on my pants. But this one you do not carry it in your pockets.
    Are you all ready set and ready to start this 20 pounds challenge the first is almost here. hugs Marie.

:o Barbie you are being so a great help here. Thanks so much.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Where are you from?
    Marie--- Texas
  • mom2zayne
    mom2zayne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im so excited to do this I cant wait as long as I lose something ill be happy but the goal is 20 so im gonna try SW....230 GW...200... heres to hard work and having fun!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    mom2zayne wrote: »
    im so excited to do this I cant wait as long as I lose something ill be happy but the goal is 20 so im gonna try SW....230 GW...200... heres to hard work and having fun!!!

<3 (*) <3
    mom 2 you are so welcome. yes let do have fun on our journey to fitness
    so easy to gain but so hard to lose.
    <3 Marie

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif