100+ pounds to loose, lets all talk

Options

Replies

• SteveEighty
    SteveEighty Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just a word of encouragement to all of you out there who are now embarking on a big weight-loss journey; be resolute, super focused, never give up and you'll do it. YOU CAN DO IT!

A year ago, on January 1st 2014, I was 223 lbs (had been 124 lbs ten years earlier) with a BMI of over 36. I felt very unhappy, on the verge of depression. Everything in my body ached: knees, neck, back, ankles... you name it, it bloody ached! After yet another visit to my GP at the end of December 2013 - for shoulder-related problems, a consequence of my being obese - I decided to "take the plunge", lose all the excess weight and become a different person, active, healthy and responsible.

In the next 5 1/2 months, mostly through strict food control and plenty of exercise, I lost nearly 6 stone, 80 lbs precisely. I've managed to keep the weight off (I've even lost a little more) thanks to a solid Maintenance Plan. It's all in the mind, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    when i started i had 50-60kg to lose, that's like 120 pounds for those not on metric. no idea exactly because i didn't have scales that went higher than 150kg.

I have now lost 20-30kg depending on my start weight (I know i have definitely lost 44 pounds so far). My goal at the moment is to get under 100kg which is still overweight for my height but its a nice round number/goal. Maybe i wont reach that weight because i will bulk up muscle wise :P

so if i was to get to a healthy weight i will have lost 60-70kg. SIGH that's a big number and going to take a while.

• sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I hope this thread keeps going too. I tend to like a thread where people are in similar circumstances over the multiple friend following which doesn't seem to do much for me, unless I'm not using it correctly(new to it) Anyone have any specific plans or goals for 2015. I'm going to continue doing what I have been, try to limit calories to around 12001300 and excercise 4-7 days per week. I either walk, use hasfit videos, lap swim. I would still like to loose about 60 pounds roughly, it will get me out of the obese category and I may adjust when I get there. I have concerns about taking weight down too low that I may not be able to maintain it at the calorie level needed.
  • jsrmpulido
    Options
    Need to loose 100! Feel free to add me as well:)
  • ghostlilly
    Options
    I have been trying to loose weight on and off on my own for years! I have to lose about 150lbs.

I have a friend who is trying to help me with it right now, but she dosnt have to lose nearly as much as I do. Not that she isnt super suportive, it would just be nice to have people who understand from my point of veiw too though. Besides, the more support the more likly we are to succeed right? :)

Send me a message/friend request?
  • 64Brucey
    64Brucey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight over the last few year have ballooned to over 300 lbs and once again I am starting the journey.

In my mind I am very positive but I am looking for support and to give support to others that are going through a similar journey.

I have lost 25 - 30 lbs in the pasts but have then gained it back.

This time I am more determined than ever I am 50 years old with a 7 year old kid who feel that life could be so much better and more active if I could loss weight.

I have started to research various methods that others have used to lose weight and maintain their weight lose and I now realise that this is a journey and a challenge that require both support and change in my habits.

One of the successful habit techniques that people are suggesting is to create process and don't be fixated by results.

For example think on achieving your daily calorie and exercise goals and tick this off on a calendar. Your focus now becomes creating a string of tickets on the calendar. If you have a bad day you then just restart the string and aim to beat your longest string. This then removes that thought we all have that one bad day ruins your progress. It allows you to accept the bad day and move on to create another series of strings.

I am going to try this as in the past one failure has lead to others. Have others people go similar strategies they are thinking of using or have been successful in the long run?
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Measurements with the trainer did not go so well yesterday. I did make progress but not as much as he thought I should have. I am kind of stalled at this same weight for 3 weeks now. I wanted to make it to 197 before the end of the year but have been at 203 (give or take a pound) since Dec 10th. He really pushed me on the heavy lifting. Can hardly move today.
    Party at a friend's house tonight. I will eat, I will play cards, I will have fun.
    Happy New Year to all of you!
  • CaseG710
    Options
    I also need to loose 120 lbs. I would love to be able to talk to someone about this journey we are facing.
  • sandyskw1967
    Options
    Anyone here feel free to add me, I have a bunch to lose too. No exercise yesterday but calories were 1350. Going to try and get exercise in today and keep calories in check tonight. Homemade pizza on the menu tonight and some greens.
  • suzybird50810
    Options
    I have about 100# more to lose also. I was doing good (lost 37) and I got stressed due to the holidays. I need more motivation and encouragement. Thank you for this blog... Sometimes I feel like I'm alone.
  • Motivated1989
    Motivated1989 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have 72 lbs to lose on top of the 46 lbs I've already lost. Once I reach that goal I would like to go further. I'm also looking for people in the same situation as most I'm finding don't have as much weight to lose.
  • jessica72288
    jessica72288 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I have about 190 lbs to lose. I lost 140 lbs about 5 years ago and through some tough situations went right back up to where I was before. This whole 2014 I have been struggling to stay on a diet or exercise. I really would like some advice or some support.
  • sandyskw1967
    Options
    Anyone got any specific plans for eating or exercise next year. I try to stay around 1200-1300 and try to add activity of any sorts 30 min 4-7 times a week. I am not as strict as in weighing everything, I keep track of calories on a daily basis. I feel I could track like this on a long term basis. What's everyone else do?
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started with over 130 to lose, and am down 50lbs so far. Still have a long road to hit my goals, and will be here for a long time during maintenance. Anyone please feel free to add me.
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I am looking for serious-minded friends only. I have 110 lbs to lose, have a neck injury to manage and I'm a new mom. :D
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Hello all and Happy New Year.
    I lost over 60 pounds this year. How did I do that you say.
    1200 to 1300 calories a day, more protein than carbs.
    I do some type of fitness activity every day.
    Weight training, yes you have to build muscle so you can burn your fat.
    I take about one day off a month for food and fitness.
    I weigh and measure all my food and track every bite excepting my day off.
    I track every sip of water, yes I drink 12 to 16 glasses a day.
    Not soda, not coffee, not tea - water
    A year ago I weighed in the 260's, today was 202. So close to Onderland.
    Today I can dead lift 160 pounds, push a 45 pound sled the length of the basketball court 10 times, I can do a 1 minute plank.
    My favorite motivational quote this year:

"Rome was not built in a day, but they worked on it every single day."

This reminds me I have to work at this every day, every meal, every snack, every sip, every move, EVERY DAY.
    YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!!! B)
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year friends. I had my weigh in this morning. i have put on weight over the holidays but that is ok, today is a new day end the start of 2015.
    I will cook up a large batch of modified chilli con carne and portion it out, freeze it for easy lunches during the week. I say modified because I will put green beans in it.
    How are you all going?

I like the quote cblue315 :D
  • Ibknute
    Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am on my way to losing over 100 pounds (lost 30 so far) and am looking to connect with more people for mutual support. Together we can all have a great 2015!
  • lindsayforlife
    lindsayforlife Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm here too, for good this time. Been up and down a bit in the last four years but still down 57 pounds. Time to get focused and serious. I went for a walk around the mall yesterday and was in serious pain. I'm 284 pounds and ready for a change. We are all in this together.
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    motivating x