Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    @tlh0407‌ congrats on the new future niece or nephew. I can't wait for my siblings to have kids I am so excited to be an Aunt. My brother got married in November so I'm hoping they'll start a family soon (I know they want to just waiting to buy a house).

My workout goals for this coming week are to do slim in 6 at least 4 times and to purposefully move every other day!

Oh had my red grapefruit this morning and loved it, tried it plain first and liked it just fine that way so I didn't add anything (also had no idea what to add). It seems really acidic though so I only had half now to be sure I don't get bad heart burn from it.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Brekfast today under 300. Feel full,. Thanks to all for the feedback.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I have gained back all of the weight that I lost while I was sick, but I checked back and found that I am down 6# from last year at this time. By this time next year I will be down 15#. I am going to do it. To begin with, today I am going to detox my kitchen. The remainder of the treats will be given away or frozen for another time. I am not going to bake any cookies this month. I will buy Nilla wafers or something else that doesn't tempt me for the cookie jar. It really goes against my grain to put store bought cookies in a cookie jar at grandma's house, but oh, well. This grandma is going to get healthy. I'm also going to start keeping a container of water at hand so that I can be more aware of how much I am drinking.
    Yesterday was also a party and junk food day at our house, so today starts my new goals. We did enjoy our black eyed peas and corn bread, too.
    Love you all. Together we can do this. Onward and downward. Kaye

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Calories 1/31
    All-In ... heading to the gym to sign up this afternoon
    Follow-Through, Niki
  • CRMillsap
    Options
    Great start for 2015
  • CRMillsap
    Options
    You can do it. Stay focused.

[/quote]

• MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So, 221.4 today. I've had worse post-holiday weigh-ins, & it's too soon to tell really anyway, since I'm still guzzling water for all the sodium I doubtless inhaled over the past week.

To those (RobinsEgg, skinnyjeanz, etc) who asked about gym stuff: We unfortunately don't have money to buy weights for the home. We were looking at Planet Fitness because they have basic $10/month memberships, but no on-site day-care. They are very close, I could walk in good weather, it's maybe five minutes by car, so it's possible we could leave the kids with Grandma for an hour, but she's... NOT my favorite person to watch the kids. She's not mean, but she's kinda brainless and I wouldn't put it past her to feed cookies to the six month old, kwim? And realistically if I have to go by myself, I won't go.

Fitness Friday - One of my favorite body-weight exercise tricks is attaching squats to a common daily activity, like every time you stand up or sit down, do five squats. Time to reinstate that habit, I think.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Hello All.
    Friday fitness - Back to the grind stone. Back on plan for food as well.
    This month in addition to my regular 90 min workout I plan to do 500 steps on the stair treadmill every day. Currently I can do this in just over 7 mins. We will see what happens by the end of the month.
    Food is back to plan 1300 calories/day. I will eat back exercise calories 1 day each week.
    Water 12 to 14 glasses/day

Love to hear about all the clean out happening in everyone's kitchen. I have been doing this as well. Went grocery shopping yesterday and loaded up on veggies and healthy options. Made soup yesterday and it turned out wonderful.

The new resolutions have me inspired. I will be here cheering on everyone.

The new kitty is doing well and has decided that the middle of the livingroom floor is the place to be as she can waylay anyone coming through.

Currently my goal is to be back to my ticker weight by the end of next week. I will have to be down 3.5 by then.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • mrshunt3
    mrshunt3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    RobinsEgg Thanks so much for the encouragement! Yesterday I went to the freezer -I'm sure everyone knows that it makes no difference if you freeze cookies and such, they're still edible in the frozen state-and I removed all of the Holiday sweets and dumped them in the bin. Having the temptation around me and "trying" not to eat it just does not work at this point-so bye bye. I know what works for me and that is a minimum of carbs and sugar so I that what I am doing now to get this going right. My son lost 85 pounds using MFP and recommended it to me. MFP keeps me on track and I find it easy to do if I keep it open on my computer each day and as I have a meal, I come back and enter the information. It's going to work this time!!
    I also have a question....do any of you find that coffee intake affects your weight loss or changes your metabolism in any way? I am such a coffeeholic. I only add 2 T. of fat free half and half, no sugar, but I drink two to three cups a day. I am not wanting to give up my coffee, but I will if it helps to get my metabolism working and this weight off! Anyone have any insight?
    Thanks!!!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Ellen I just play Santa for Amy's daycare kids but it is fun. Yesterday we smoked a leg of lamb, some pork loins, and a beef top loin roast. Today or the next day we are doing some cheese (cold smoke) and some chickens.

Kelly have you seen the Richard Carlson, Ph.D. Don’t sweat the small stuff series of books? I have read a few and like them.

Karen I like the 15 minutes to get you going idea and will try it out.

I am going to go with “Positively Tom” to try for a more positive attitude in all things.
    Simple tips for developing a positive attitude:
    1. Choose to be happy. Yes, it is a matter of choice. When negative thoughts enter your mind, just refuse to look at them, substituting them with happy thoughts
    2. Look at the bright side of life. It's a matter of choice and repeated attempts.
    3. Choose to be optimistic.
    4. Find reasons to smile more often. You can find such reasons, if you look for them.
    5. Have faith in yourself, and believe that the Universe can help you.
    6. Associate yourself with happy people.
    7. Read inspiring stories.
    8. Read inspiring quotes.
    9. Repeat affirmations that inspire and motivate you.
    10. Visualize only what you want to happen, not what you don't want.
    11. Learn Learn to master your thoughts
    Following even only one of the above suggestions, will bring more light into your life!
    More on positive thinking.

Happy National Science Fiction Day

National Science Fiction Day is unofficially celebrated by many science fiction fans in the United States on January 2, a date that was chosen to correspond with the official birthdate of famed science fiction writer Isaac Asimov.[1]
    While not an official holiday of any sort (in the sense that it is not recognized or declared by any government), National Science Fiction Day is given some degree of credence by its recognition by organizations such as the Hallmark Channel[2] and by the Scholastic Corporation.[3]

“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” ~William James

Tom
  • loosaedna
    loosaedna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well it is January 2, 2015, its a new year I plan on making sure that this year I am going to lose weight. This is my goal and I will stick with it. I need to lose this weight to be able to have my surgery and lose even more weight. I will get down to my goal weight one way or another. I looked up recipes yesterday on the internet that are 300 calories or less I am going to try them out. For fitness friday I plan to look up exercises I can do while sitting down. Since I can not move I can at least still do exercise sitting down.

@bsracer‌ it sounds like some of the people here have some good recipes for you.

@morgori a more positive attitude does sound like the way to go. I will have to come up with a list myself.

@mrshunt3 I use the computer everyday to keep track of my calories on mfp I found this a great source to keep track of my intake have not used the exercise yet but will as soon as I can get down to were I can be on my feet longer. I don't know about coffee, I only drink it only once in a while.

@marypoppinsIAint I Think joining a gym is great but I know what you mean about having people watch our kids that aren't the greatest ideal in our eyes.

Well I got to go for now
  • JustVibeWithMe
    Options
    Hello I am Natalie... I am at the beginning of my 107lbs weight loss journey and I am more motivated then ever before. Seeking others to help keep me in line and accountable and I will do the same.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome newlings!!

@niki—great goals! Do you have cable or satellite TV? I know our Uverse has some exercise channels and OnDemand options that include “sit and be fit” type of workouts.

@tom—thanks for letting me know about National Sci-fi Day! I’m definitely a sci-fi nerd, so it made me smile to see we are celebrating. Also, I loved the list of positivity tips. I was one of those very optimistic (sometimes idealistic) youths, but have become more jaded as I age. One of my goals over the past couple of years has been to keep that negativity in check so I don’t get too angry and cynical. >:(

@mrshunt—as long as log your coffee and added cream, sugar, etc. it really shouldn’t affect your weight loss in any negative way. In fact, there are plenty of studies that tout the benefits of caffeine to your metabolism, and lots of runners like a caf-boost prior to running. I drink coffee at work, but not at home (other than my starbucks fraps which I log). There is no difference in my weight loss when school is in session vs. when we are home on break.

@kaye—yay for the 6 lb loss!! I’m a big water drinker, but find I drink more when I have it measured out in my water bottle, so filling a container that you know you must empty (by drinking) will probably be helpful for you.

@tracy (tlh)—welcome back and congrats on the new niece/nephew! I bet you will find switching up your workout routine will be great for your body.

@kelley (kah)—I also love your phrase! I’m actually on the opposite end of the spectrum and tend to not sweat the small stuff to the point that sometimes I’m a little too laid-back. Drives some of my friends/colleagues crazy. :wink:

@mkknits—that’s a tough one, but you have to figure out a compromise or you will always put everyone before yourself. I often stress about grading my students’ work vs. going to the gym, so I try to make a schedule that compromises the two choices. Could you work out a similar schedule of going to watch your daughter cheer a certain number of days with one or two days that you designate for yoga? On the days you don’t go see her, could your husband or another cheer-mom video it (even if it’s just a few clips)? You could even make it a fun activity after her cheer session that you and your daughter could watch the video clips together.

AFM—Went to lunch with a friend then he ran some errands with me. Afterwards I came to starbucks to grade. Wasn’t really in the mood so ended up spending most of the time here doing some planning. However, I told myself I had to spend JUST 15 MINUTES grading essays, so I got 2 done. :smile: Tonight I am resolved to get that paperwork filed.

A couple of people were talking about how NY day is all about the snack food—we are no different. My husband made chili cheese dip, plus we had left over pizza in the fridge. My Thursday food diary isn’t pretty, :blush: but I at least ate a nice salad so it wasn’t all junk. Tonight will probably be more of the dip for dinner, but I’ll add some veggies or another salad to try to balance it out.

Friday Fitness:
    I ended up switching my gym day to tomorrow b/c it just makes more sense with my schedule. Today I did walk gunner though, so at least got a bit of movement.

2015 mantra = "Just 15 minutes"

January Challenge:
    Under calorie goal: 1/1 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    All-in: run 2 days/week
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47)

Cleaning Goals:
    1. file paperwork/bills
    2. drop off bag of clothes to GW DONE
    3. clean fish tank

Grading Goals:
    1. 14/50 AP essays
    2. x/13 Scarlet Letter essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--rest day
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Wed--8k at gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--walk gunner DONE
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi all and Happy New Year! I'm new to this group, although I think I posted a long long time ago, but never kept with it. That's been my problem, I always start great and then give up. 2014 was a year from hell for me, and I think that I learned a lot from it, which is why I am truly focusing on making this the year of ME! I know my motivation problems will haunt me at some point, so I want to make sure I get involved in some groups to hold myself accountable. That is actually one of my resolutions, to log in to mfp every day and track, and post at least once a day. So here I am! My name is Erin, I'm 31 (soon to be 32) and I live in NH. I weighed in today at an even 300lbs, the heaviest I've ever been in my life. This year I seemed to go up and down all year but ended up gaining about 15-20lbs. I have rheumatoid arthritis and this past year was the worst its been since I was 18 and first got it. I could barely walk some days, and with that it got me pretty down, along with other things that happened in 2014. So I'm ready to get back on track and make 2015 my year!

January Challenge:
    Under Calorie Goal: I'm starting my logging today, so I will write tomorrow if I make it.
    All-in Goal: I want to track my food/exercise on here everyday, good bad and the ugly.
    Words to Live By: "I can do it if I make myself do it!"

Thanks everyone, I look forward to getting to know you all!
  • loosaedna
    loosaedna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @ereilly311 Hello its nice to meet you. Erin welcome to the group. you will find that this group is very supportive and it is a nice place to talk to people and get help.

@natalie welcome to the group as well. You will also find that this group is a good group that helps keep us encouraged. Welcome to the group it is nice to meet you.

@skinnyjeanzbound I like how you make a schedule of what you are going to do for the week. I really should try to do that, but I am not sure I will be able to follow through with it.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @edna--I don't always follow through with everything, but if I don't schedule the gym days, I will just go grade every day after school. This way I may schedule 4 days and only get there twice, but it's twice more than if I had no schedule. It also helps when I have a lot of meetings b/c it keeps me from saying "oh, I'll just grade today and run tomorrow" and then tomorrow rolls around and I have a meeting--oops. :smile:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies - so glad to see you here and with such positive attitudes you all have you are going to do GREAT. We will support you and help you along on your bad days - don't worry about those - we'll be here for you especially on those! :D

All you "oldies" - what great words and phrases I am reading for your 2015 Mantras- and I want to steal every one of them - Niki - I love how you changed your picture to apply your mama's saying, and Skinny - we can all abide by that! Tom - I need to apply # 1 more often. Must copy that list.

I'm not going to do personals today as my day has been all akilter, and one of my goals for this 2015 is to get back on a real schedule - a good daily routine, which I need badly. B)

Here's what I came up with for 2015: I have 2 Mantras:
    Have Half; and Be Consistent

January Challenge:

Record Calories: 31/31 days so far 2/2
    Under Calories: 20/31 days so far 1/31
    All In Challenge:
    Exercise by Doing Pool Traction: 12/31 days so far /31
    Change 1 Habit: Be in Bed by Midnight: 20/31 days so far 0/31

• ArmyofMom
    ArmyofMom Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I will not lie, I did not read all 638 pages of posts. I just skipped to the last page. I am in need of losing 110 pounds. My fitness plan is walking with my friend M-F. The trail is almost 3 miles.

I want to eat cleaner in the New Year, avoid processed and fried foods. Thanks @Morgori for the positivity. I find that when I focus on my blessings I feel better and eat better.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Here I am again - another goal: I 'intend' to 'attend' to this discussion in the Mornings - haha- rather than wait til the evening!

Also, if you look at my pic, you may notice it says under my pic, "MFP Greeter". Yep, I am now officially a member of the Moderator Team. They approached me in December, and I quickly accepted. My volunteer position is simply to be a Greeter in the "Getting Started" Section of the Discussions. I have Superpowers now, in that I can kick out rude and crude people who don't act according to MFP guidelines. But, more than that, I get to lend a helping hand to those who might need it as they start their journey here. I'm very excited about this new role, which started Jan 1.

Don't worry, my friends. It won't change my dedication to this ongoing conversation - you are always First and Foremost to me! <3
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @RobinsEgg‌ congrats on becoming a greeter!