The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• aus3218
    aus3218 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can not wait to go home to sleep. nights like these make me not want to work out as Im feeling so exhausted. Thats an excuse! how do you get yourselves to get your work out in when your feeling extremely tired? not to mention it seems the entire staff is sick on this floor.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You don't sit down when you get home; you put on your workout gear and do it anyway. That's what I will do in 2 hours...and I'm exhausted - I have chest/back ...and then I will run 6 miles tmw afternoon...you have to remind yourself why...and then do it.
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Same here, the only kids I have are covered in fur and they don't seem to mind the switch
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I'm off tonight so I hope you guys have fun. I'll catch up tomorrow. :smile:
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Working triage tonight and am SO happy to report that the lobby is empty for the first time in three months!!! Dance party!
  • melaniefave41
    Options
    Dammit...............jinxed myself.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Dammit...............jinxed myself.

Haha, that happens everytime.
  • melaniefave41
    Options
    I deserved it. At least I had finished my awesome omelet and that didn't get interrupted.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Omelet sounds great. I can not eat a meal at night, messes with my stomach, I snack too much though.
  • SithRN
    SithRN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    <--- Yet another Nurse killing time at work.

hi
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate it when a surgery of mine doesn't go as planned. Dog did well and went home just fine and now is back vomiting. Can't figure out why.
  • melaniefave41
    Options
    That is SO sad! I don't think I could handle working with animals. At least with humans I can (75% of the time) explain why I am doing what I am doing to them. That makes me feel a little better. I would lose my head everytime another animal was brought in sick or injurred. So happy there's people like you to help me care for my dog.
  • msbengbeng
    msbengbeng Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ;) :-) Hi everyone! Had a second here on the In-Patient Mental Health floor. I am so tired and so sad I drank a coke! have a great shift ya'll
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I've stopped the vomiting but I still don't know why it started.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Obstructions? Volvulus?
  • melaniefave41
    Options
    After doing EKG's trauma side of ER for ten hours I have been rewarded with doing two hours of triage. Still have to pee............
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    hawaiifan wrote: »
    Fellow night shifters. Is there a way to choose when your food diary starts and ends? Some weeks my "days" end at 5 am. I end up with a meal and a snack logged in on the "new" day since to after midnight. Any ideas?

I start my log when I first eat, which is usually between 1-2 pm. If I eat after midnight, which is rare except for Red Bull, I just go back a day log it. I don't start my new day till after I wake up. I've never tried changing the start and end times.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Obstructions? Volvulus?

Already went to surgery twice. No obstruction or volvulus. Gotta be the irritation from the chewed up plastic we took out two days ago.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    OMG! I found fellow Night Walkers!!! =) yay!!
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    just posted 10 things people did not know about me, the 2nd one still hurts