20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    ctleonard9 wrote: »
    Yes, I would like to join also. I am doing a modified medifast eating program but with 2 lean and gree meals per day not just one. Keeping my calories to ~1200 - ~1350. So far it is working I have lost 5 lbs.

- Start Weight 200
    - CW 215
    - GW 150 - 165 not sure
    - height 5foot 2inches
    - 54 y.o.

Do spinning bike classes 3 - 4 time per week for cardio workout 1/2 hour 3 times per week with trainer. Now I gotta keep my eating in check.
    Thanks for having this challenge. Good luck to all.

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

Cat

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes, I would like to join also. I am doing a modified medifast eating program but with 2 lean and gree meals per day not just one. Keeping my calories to ~1200 - ~1350. So far it is working I have lost 5 lbs.

- Start Weight 200
    - CW 215
    - GW 150 - 165 not sure
    - height 5foot 2inches
    - 54 y.o.

Do spinning bike classes 3 - 4 time per week for cardio workout 1/2 hour 3 times per week with trainer. Now I gotta keep my eating in check.

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    SW: 242
    CW:228
    GW: 208 by easter!

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    Marie

• sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options

- Start Weight 200
    - CW 215
    - GW 150 - 165 not sure
    - height 5foot 2inches
    - 54 y.o.

Cat

Oh I'm considering going to my gyms spin classes again. Do you find it good?
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Marie <3 you are doing an awesome job keeping everyone engaged. This group is very active. I enjoy it very much.
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I second that! It's wonderful to see such an active and encouraging group.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 239
    Current Weight 233
    Goal Weight 219
    Loss = 6 pounds
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :D Great loss miisscaligan good lost.

<3 arkie its good having you with us too.

<3 Thaank you Raindacer, I never even been on a challenge before so this is all new to me. Just decided to be myself. I do love people and like to meet new ones.But never in wildest dream this would be so rewarding.

<3 (*) <3
    I am overwhelm
    Thank you all for making this such a success for each one of us.
    lets make a deal At Easter lets post our total lost from this challenge and just see how much we lost as a group. Whether its below 20 or above. Since their will be some that as not lost all they want or just hang out with the group some more Plans for after Easter Do another for the fourth of July. What do you say? Love you guys, marie
    Marie

• Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sure, count me in for July! I'm hoping to hit my goal weight some where around September.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    :D There is a lot of research that shows that people are more successful at losing weight when they have a support group. Most of us can't find the right support group in our own family or neighborhood and often are surrounded by friends and family who sabotage our efforts either accidentally or by design. We are so blessed to find supportive friends on this thread.

:D Flowergirl, the best things to eat are foods that have a lot of nutrition to go with the calories. I learned a lot by logging my food and analyzing what foods used too many calories for the amount I got to eat and began eliminating them and adding other foods. It helped me to stay away from sauces and dressings that added only taste in exchange for too many calories and not too much to chew on.

:D Sparkle, you have a great "never give up" attitude about your injury. Thank you for being a part of this thread.

:D I have a date to meet a friend after lunch for a walk and talk. My friends know that I don't like to meet for lunch or coffee, that I'd rather walk with them.

<3 Barbie
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • dtierno
    dtierno Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi - I would like to join too! I know I am a little late but I have about 26# to drop to reach my goal and since restarting for the new year I am down 6.2#. My thoughts are the more support the better!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    dtierno wrote: »
    Hi - I would like to join too! I know I am a little late but I have about 26# to drop to reach my goal and since restarting for the new year I am down 6.2#. My thoughts are the more support the better!

This is just what you need to lose that 20 pounds before Easter Welcome my friend
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 To all the challengers doing great
  • beckibelgium
    beckibelgium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Weigh in day for me
    Start 13st 1
    Current 12st 13
    Target 11st 9
    Becki I do not know how to read your numbers but presumed you a lost. Coagulations Dear.
    <3 Marie

Um stone and pounds

Or
    Start 83kg
    Current 81.(something)kg
    :)
    I get confused too as long as the numbers going down I don't care lol
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    becki That's what we are after get those numbers down. good luck you are doing good.
    keep it up
    <3 Marie
  • beckibelgium
    beckibelgium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    becki That's what we are after get those numbers down. good luck you are doing good.
    keep it up
    <3 Marie

Thank you Marie, lovely name btw it's my middle name :)
    My late grandma was a Marie and my mother in law a Maria if I have a girl one day she will have Marie as a middle name aswell x
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Well, I would love to join this active group! I log everyday and try to be active everyday.
    SW 202
    CW 197
    GW by Easter 182
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Great news, finally down some since end of december, weighed and lost 2.4 since my original post on this thread. SW-189
    CW-186.6
    Total loss on MFP since end of February 2014, is 47.8 lbs. I am so pleased to see scale moving again. Thanks for all the motivation.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    keep it up
    <3 Marie

Thank you Marie, lovely name btw it's my middle name :)
    My late grandma was a Marie and my mother in law a Maria if I have a girl one day she will have Marie as a middle name as well

it is my middle name too and the name I do go by. I do not care for my middle name at all. I do have a daughter name Alice Marie She post here on this thread under gemfrrier I think that is the way she spell it .The most wonderful daughter a mother could have.

Marie

• NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm doing the 100 day challenge at the moment and, if I remember right, the week after Easter is the end for me and my goal was 24 lbs lost by then. I have 19 more so far to go.