Would anyone like to join me for a "Just for Today" goals for the month of January

Options

Replies

• baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    1/16/15 Just for today:
    1. I'll run my 3.2 miles
    2. I will enjoy my pancakes at Ihop
    3. I'll get 8 hours of sleep tonight
    4. I will replace my glass of wine with water
  • Just_say_jess
    Just_say_jess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Just for today I will

Log my food
    Enjoy the sun which has finally decided to come out by going for an hour walk/run
    Drink my water
    Have fruit (fresh raspberries) for bedtime snack instead of something less healthy.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Reminding myself, that, just for today, Friday, 1/16

1. Do not let the past 2 nites lead to another bad nite. Either get out walking, or get on my elliptical, instead of eating,
    2. Drink water, keep a pitcher on the counter and no matter what---- drink the entire pitcher
    3. Log down everything I eat!!
    4. Keep a positive attitude. I can do this, and feel and look better by my 64th birthday in July. DO NOT GIVE UP!!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for today 1/15
    1. Log everything I eat :)
    2. drink 8 glasses of water :)
    3. keep it low carb :)
    4. get in 10 minutes of positive meditation.

Just for Today 1/16
    1. Log everything I eat (especially since I'm going out with a friend tonight, I will ride the joy of seeing a loss and stick to the plan. I will not let temptations get me!)
    2. Keep it low carb
    3. 10 minutes positive meditation (this worked last night!!)

Happy Friday to all. I have been looking forward to this day ALL WEEK!!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Reminding myself, that, just for today, Friday, 1/16

1. Do not let the past 2 nites lead to another bad nite. Either get out walking, or get on my elliptical, instead of eating,
    2. Drink water, keep a pitcher on the counter and no matter what---- drink the entire pitcher
    3. Log down everything I eat!!
    4. Keep a positive attitude. I can do this, and feel and look better by my 64th birthday in July. DO NOT GIVE UP!!

You can do this Joan! You are such a great support to us. Think of what you would tell one of us if this were our post!!
  • babbalita
    babbalita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    01/16/15
    Just for today
    1. Drink my water
    2. follow my program
    3. focus on the positive

Yesterday= drank all of my water
    followed my program, had no evening snacks.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't get outside yesterday, but I did stay on point with calories and drink lots of fluids. I can live with 2/3, especially being under the weather!

For today, I will:

1. Stay under 1400 calories
    2. Make a delicious southeast asian flavoured squash soup
    3. Be proactive and ice/heat my shoulder
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    May I join?

1. Get in a good workout but stay under 12,000 steps.
    2. Rest tired legs and perhaps take a nap instead of going out tonight.
    3. Stay under 70 G carbs for the day and add some extra fiber into meal plan.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,299 Member
    Options
    May I join?

1. Get in a good workout but stay under 12,000 steps.
    2. Rest tired legs and perhaps take a nap instead of going out tonight.
    3. Stay under 70 G carbs for the day and add some extra fiber into meal plan.

Actually just post in the tread when you can! Joan is a sweetheart, the person that's was responsible for starting this! Love love the people here!

Just For today! 1/16
    1. No snacking after 7
    2. Gazelle done
    3. Drink water water water

Sorry, I've not been around but so much is going on! This weekend we're having our moving sale. Plus my daughter was told she might have the baby any day! I'll try to check in later tonight!

• TaraHancock827
    TaraHancock827 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just for today 1/16/15
    1. Drink as much water as I can
    2. Don't eat any candy
  • mytime6630
    Options
    To anyone wanting to post -- you do not really have to "join", as this is not set up as a group. Anyone that wants to post - we love having you!! I think reading the posts from you guys keeps me going, one day at a time!!!
    Thanks to everyone!! Got my 5.15 mile walk in today, so tonite, I am going to keep busy to keep from snacking!! I want 3 smiley faces tomorrow! :)
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You guys are all doing so great-- so proud of you all! I have been doing terrible the past 2 nites, Why, when I know I feel worse when I overeat I just don't stop. The evenings for me are the hardest. But, these 2 days are over so I can start another day, another fresh start tomorrow.

Joan, my nights are hardest for me too, you are not alone. That is my favorite meal and I finally feel like I can relax. This thread you started has helped me so much!!! This is the best week I have had in months. Today I had to run errands and clean for a party I am having tomorrow at my house. I got the in over 12,000 steps without even doing a workout. Whewwww! Thanks Joan, you are doing great. Don't give up:)
  • MVrabecz
    MVrabecz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this group and the positivity fostered here. I'm recovering from a broken ankle and have just recently been given permission to head back to the gym.

Just for today (17/1):

1) Don't give up
    2) Go to the gym and exercise 30 minutes (first visit since June!)
    3) Track all food
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just for today-
    I wont have any dessert at work (birthday party hostess) or at the building-wide spaghetti dinner
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »

January 16. Just for today I will.
    1. Log everything I eat and try to stay under my goals. :)
    2. Take a walk :)
    3. Leave work unless I really need to be there. I need this for my mental health. :) I left in the morning after my appointments and went mall walking until I was scheduled to be back And I also took a lunch break. :D Major progress for me.
    January 17. Just for today I will

1. Log everything I eat
    2. Take a walk
    3. Stay positive at work. It's too easy to start grumbling when things aren't perfect, but focusing on the negative will not make me feel better.

Have a Great Saturday!

• knicky77
    knicky77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Completed all of tasks for yesterday (see below)
    Just for Today (1/16/15)
    1. Drank more than 10 servings of water.
    2. Attended a group exercise session at the gym. (My legs are sore today!!)
    3. Ate five healthy meals, including snacks.

....and now...
    Just for Today (1/17/15)
    1. Drink 10 servings of water.
    2. Complete at least 30 minutes of run/walk intervals.
    3. Eat five healthy meals, including snacks.
  • Momnoon1977
    Momnoon1977 Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Did not get my exercise in yesterday, a migraine stopped me in my tracks.

Just for today (1/17/15):
    1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    2. Eat breakfast
    3. Get to the gym
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,299 Member
    Options
    Just For today! 1/16
    1. No snacking after 7 :):)
    2. Gazelle done :):)
    3. Drink water water water :):)
    Just for today 1/17
    1. Hop on gazelle throughout the day!
    2. Remember portein drink
    3. NO EAT AFTER 7
    4. Keep busy tonight with my crochet project

Today will be the 3nd day of my moving sale! I oversleep so it looks like I won't have time for a run! Hopefully most of our furniture will go today so tomorrow we could take a break! Football, yay GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!

• mytime6630
    Options
    Yesterday, 1/16

1. Do not let the past 2 nites lead to another bad nite. Either get out walking, or get on my elliptical, instead of eating, :)
    2. Drink water, keep a pitcher on the counter and no matter what---- drink the entire pitcher :) This really worked! Made myself drink the entire pitcher!
    3. Log down everything I eat!! :)
    4. Keep a positive attitude. I can do this, and feel and look better by my 64th birthday in July. DO NOT GIVE UP!! :)

Just for today, 1/17
    1. It is going to be beautiful out today - get out for a long walk.
    2. Put a pitcher of water on the counter, and drink the entire pitcher.
    3. Keep busy in the evenings - no snacking

Hope you all have a great day today!
  • EmmaAmeliaP
    EmmaAmeliaP Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started a thread in late October, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY". We have had over 450 replies, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

Today is the beginning of a new year. A new year for me holds promises, resolutions, and a fresh start. I am ready for that fresh start.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.