WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2015

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    Twhitehead = just start talking.... lolol. bout your day, how are you eating... did you workout today?? in a bad mood???? do u wanna kick something???? just chime in.. need advise??? what do you need help on....
  • Twhitehead7
    Twhitehead7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow! It works(lol)! Just life stresses... Good and bad.
    But right now a lot of sitting every day. Doctors appts. For elderly parents (3days), new grandbaby (sitting for this week), still have teen at home (sitting during her activities).
    And have been eating unhealthy since week before Thanksgiving!
    Ready to start again, but having trouble with activity
  • pipcd34
    Options
    rjadams wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Yesterday was not so good. called the doctor and have a new prescription to try to get the depression back under control. Needless to say I am not so good today either. I just sat for a while and let Bodi lick the tears from my face. It's just about as good as a hug and kiss from my mom was when I was a kid. I feel bad for DH because he just really doesn't know how to act around me. I wish I knew what to tell him.

Sending hugs to those that need them and High fiving those that have had successes and triumphs.

Robin, Bodi and Ritter,
    PNW

I used to deal with major depression when my husband died.. there is nothing your husband can say to make you feel better because he can't relate and it would be hard to try to make him understand. I dealt with that when I was with my current husband, he doesn't have a clue and he didn't back then either. the best thing I told him is just sit there and listen when I talk, he doesn't even have to reply. hold me when I need it, just let me cry and don't ask me, what's wrong because he's gonna get the same answer (at least in my case)... my current husband was VERY patient.. I was at my fattest when he met me (198 lbs) and he put up w/me crying about my husband, I still had on my wedding ring w/pictures of him close by and he never said a word or said, enough already... I spent the first 5 yrs of our relationship in bed, didn't go to any family functions like Christmas or Thanksgiving, I told him to go while I was in bed. I don't know if I could have put up with someone like me if I was him... the man is a saint.... feel free to talk to me whenever..
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    My poor hubby.His uncle`s funeral is sat.Happens to be his day to work.His manager won`t switch with him,tho Mike has switched for him.He`s 1 of the pall bears.Here he`s doing the right thing,by trying to get coverage.He should have just called in and screwed them.
    Sorry rant over.
    hugs jane
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Went over and seen the new GGS and had my cuddle on the way home from work last evening. It amazes me how a small amount of time cuddling a baby can make the day seem so much better. Had my BIG meeting with my boss and still don't know alot. But there will be changes and they are not sure they are going to replace the two that are retiring. How you can not replance to full time positions I don't understand. We have to be covered 24\7. So time will tell. I am alittle concerned this morning my blood surgar was 58 so took it again on different finger and it was 59. It has been in the 70-80 for the last year. Not sure what is going on. I have blood work done next week and appointment with doctor on Feb 4th.

Janet--Congrates on 5 days with a coke. I know I drink WAY to much diet Dr Pepper and am thinking about giving it up again. I did several years ago for Lent and went back and drinking more then ever again.

Linda--Hugs and pray today you feel peace about your friend.

Terri--Sending Hugs and prayers for DD and her family.

Beth--Sorry to hear about the van problem. I know it takes along time with the wheel chair vans. I work with a lady that drives a wheel chair van and she has had one ordered before Christmas and waiting for them to put the stuff in so she can drive it. Hope it works out for you soon,

Heather--Glad to hear your shopping trip went well and sounds like you got some beautiful things. I know I am surprised at what I can wear now and looking forward to it getting better. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Isn't it funny what those DGC can get us to do?? I love the time I spend with mine and need a nap when I am done.

Sylvia--Sounds like your day with your friend was alot of fun. I would of been scared driving home. Trucks scare me. I have been hit by two semi's and afraid the third time would be it. I refuse to drive the interstate and take the highways when I drive. When we are riding motorcycles we always take highway no intersate. Glad you made it home safe. Glad you got somethings paid and feel good about that, you should. Good NSV!!

Robin--sending lots of hugs and prayers. I know depression is hard on those around us as on us. One Day at a Time. Beautiful girls, enjoy. Spending time with my grandbabies makes my day so much better.

Jane-WOW some boss!! Glad he got it worked out.
    Well ladies I am caught up again and about time to get off work and going down to ride the nusetp and then my evening to voluteer the hospital gift shop. One Day at a Time.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Options
    My new picture if of my new great grandson Hunter, my grand daughter Paytn. She loves being an Aunt and was so excited as he was coming to live at her house. Last evening when we stopped by I think she is alittle jealous. Love them both to pieces. Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Well, got to skim up to page 33! Marking my place! By the time I catch up, it will be the weekend again! I am logging food every day but not so good on the exercising. Busy Busy.... stress, stresss........,

Rita in CT

Words for the year:
    Determination and Moderation
    January Goals:
    1. Fix TN house and sell (on the market!)
    2. Taxes (First draft done - not good.....)
    3. Exercise 20 times this month
    4. Lose 5 pounds
    All to get to my year end goals of Financial stability and lose 50 pounds.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

• pipcd34
    Options
    x marks the spot
  • ctleonard9
    ctleonard9 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    rjadams wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Yesterday was not so good. called the doctor and have a new prescription to try to get the depression back under control. Needless to say I am not so good today either. I just sat for a while and let Bodi lick the tears from my face. It's just about as good as a hug and kiss from my mom was when I was a kid. I feel bad for DH because he just really doesn't know how to act around me. I wish I knew what to tell him.

Sending hugs to those that need them and High fiving those that have had successes and triumphs.

Robin, Bodi and Ritter,
    PNW

rjadams, I had a bout with major depression when I was being treated for mania, turns out I am bipolar and I swear by my meds and excersize helps. One thing is that I gained weight in 1999 when I went on Depakote and zyprexa to deal with my mood swings. there are a lot of other meds now that are not big weight gainers out no. just a thought.
    Hang in there and try to get into action and just do something, anything, especially if it is hard to get out of bed. that is how bad I got...
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Jane - the funeral policies that companies make really confuse me. You would think they would WANT your hubby to call a few days early, with a warning, and try to switch. When my sister passed last year, I was supposed to fly her ashes to Arizona, and my hubby's company wouldn't let him join me, unless he took the week off without pay. I think that is stupid. I will keep you, and your hubby, and his entire family in my prayers, and hope that his boss finally understands. :p

Robin - most the time men just don't understand anything about us ladies. Yes, my DH and I were both sick at the same time, but I suddenly started menstuating for the first time in 11 months, and DH just couldn't understand why that made me sicker, and crabbier. I pray that your DH just let's the storm roll through, and be there for you when you need him most. I hope you can treat yourself with the love and care you deserve.

Sylvia - I hope it is NOT your head gasket. fuel pump or O2 sensor should be cheaper to replace/repair. I hope the costs are low. But I'm glad you had a fun day !

Vicki - thanks for the hugs and prayers for DD and her future inlaws. I texted her, so when she has time i'm sure she will be thankful :)

Also luck and prayers for the broken accessible van (I forgot to start this in a document, and I already forgot who mentioned it, sorry). I hope an affordable options walzes into your lives. o:)

Only 1/2 hour left of work today, then have to pick up DS from bowling practice, then grocery store, because those 2 men drink SO MUCH milk ! ! !

Hugs to Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee

• crazyDogLady61
    crazyDogLady61 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon dear ladies!

Welcome Twhitehead7! If you are having trouble with activity, just walk. When my kids were in Middle School and High School sports I would often drag the dog along and go for walks and train while they practiced. We got drenched many times and snowed on a few others, but it was better than sitting around (and end up being volunteered for something!!). Babies love being carried. Stuff grandbaby in a “front pack” and off you go. (I still hate the whole concept of strollers.) Baby is happy and you get exercise. Pace in the DR office. Just because there is a chair doesn’t mean you need to use it!

Robin: Hugs. Sounds like you could use a few. Sun should be out for a bit this afternoon. Drag yourself outside or at least to a window and look at the strange glowing thing in the sky – it should make you smile!

Everyone’s de-cluttering is making me jealous! I hereby plan to attach the “dog closet” this weekend and get it to the point where I CAN FINIALLY PUT THE AIR CONDITIONER AWAY!!

I was a good girl and went for my run this morning. Again I was surprised by the frosty spots that were really slippery!! Duh!! It was below freezing last night. The small of my back is still a little tight from tensing up every time I started downhill. Getting closer to the magic 5K point – 3.11 miles! YEAH for me and Talga. It looks like I will easily make my 30 miles for the month of January goal. I really wasn’t expecting to be able to do more than 3 miles just yet.

On the other hand, my goal of 500K steps might need a few major pushes. I am not vacuuming the dog training building anymore (that use to give me a bunch of steps) and I didn’t train the dogs a couple of Fridays in a row. Maybe I’ll try to squeeze some kind of extra walking in after our herding lesson on Thursdays.

Looking for the joy in every day, just like my dogs.
    Remember to breathe…

Sally W.
    Oregon

exercise.png

exercise.png

weight.png

• Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thursday here and just done my 2 mile walk for 212 cals and 7280 steps. had JJ's Muscle oats with raspberries for breakfast. It was misty and humid and will be another hot day today.
    Bob Harper's kettle-bell cardio soon.

Brian told me to cut out all sugar, honey and Maple syrup in drinks and on breakfast. My fasting blood sugar last week was under the normal for first time in years. He also said to add flax-seed oil to anything if I can to boost my good fat intake.
    Yesterday I had a cup of Earl grey tea with lunch NO milk or sugar and was OK

Food today is 1812 cals, all OK and sodium in right range too

My kidneys are working OK again Thank the Lord, and I am drinking over 2 Litres of water a day. My muscles are regenerating and have gone from 22.6% to 23.3% just this week.

Washing bed sheets off Queen bed and towels, cleaning our bedroom and vaccing all carpets and ironing clothes.

Lesley in Tasmania
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Well off this afternoon and evening to a girlfriend's daughters 32 birthday, she always invites us all to take her out to dinner and to ice cream for her birthday. She is in Sacramento about 1.5 hour drive each way, and she has picked a place called Claim Jumper, it is a chain, but not sure if you all have it in your areas, HUGE portions, very high in calories, so glad I could scope out what I will have on line first... as some of the things I thought would be good would have been bad choices... so a ahi tuna salad it is, and if I can find the will power no ice cream! We are meeting at 6pm and this group is always running late, so probably will not be on the road headed home before 9pm and that puts me home after 10pm, so I'll see everyone tomorrow..have a great rest of your day.

Heather – Great picture!!! Love kids imagination play

Sylvia – you tagged it with the comment to Alison – Great job on the car unloading! Scary with the car! Don’t let it limit you for ever… just till the car gets fixed!

Robin ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) and Levi sends his tear licks too… he is also good at that! Take care dear one, glad you went to the doctor and are taking care of the meds.. Robin the girls are beyond adorable!

Twhitehead7 – it works…. I go to my nephew’s events and try to stand part of the time, if it is sports then I walk the area with my camera – part to get a good shot part for the exercise…

Jane – that is awful! Sending good thoughts that your hubby’s boss will get a clue!

January goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Do a fun thing every week.

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Where has the day gone?

Going to bed now will catch up tomorrow night night

Viv in York UK
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good Evening,

Heather what fun!

rjadams Thank you for sharing your adorable granddaughters.

I am proud of myself in starting a conversation with strangers when I was out to lunch today. I would have never done this ten years ago. The woman had just written a book on building communities in classrooms. Her focus was on giving teachers a place to heal. Her major focus was restorative justice. Still being in the classroom it was good to see others are trying to figure out ways to heal our communities. I gave her a lead to contact a group I am involved in called world citizen. I will mention her when I go to a workshop next week.

The gentleman reminded me when I start my group I need a circle meeting.

Time for another garden picture to break up the snow and cold.

2015 word: Strength

Just because I see the hook does not mean I have to bite.

:heart: MNMargaret

phiiytangidv.jpg
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    So hubby got it worked out,he`ll be off with out pay but he`s off for his uncle and aunt
    hugs
  • pipcd34
    Options
    tomorrow I have a dentist app., just thinking if I am going to ride or drive.... hmmm, that would be awesome calorie burn if I rode.... I dunno.. may have to drive just for the sake of time to get to work quicker... I dunno... we'll see, i'll talk to my beloved and make a joint decision.... stats will come after I ride home later
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Jane, glad things worked out.
  • Twhitehead7
    Options
    sprepej wrote: »
    YannieJannie, sorry to hear about the death of the horse. At least your DD will know someone was with the horse and doing all they could for him/her. I was on Fosomax, too, but had to go off for the same reason after a year. My stomach problems are improving now, so I may soon go back on. I'm afraid not to...

Cityjane, I think I'm finally remembering what "eat less" really means. I don't know how or when I fell into the bad habits I had, but now that I'm back to eating lightly and for maximum nutrition (well, I didn't do so well in that today, but...), I'm feeling so much better I don't ever want to stop--aches and pains, tiredness, brainfog gone. I could start to sound downright obnoxious I'm so pleased by how much better I feel.

Lestan48, I just eat plain ground flax, but I confess I mix 2 T of it with 1 T of maple syrup. My one real dessert of the day.

Crazydoglady, I should be making broth for my pack. I should remember to make it for us humans, as well.

Pipcd34, beautiful dogs and cat. Sadly, none of the dogs in my avatar photo are still living, only in my heart. Someday I'll get a photo of the current pack with me.

Twhitehead7, are you a newby like me? I'm trying to take off the 30 I put on in the last 31/2 years. Sadly, it's the same 30 lbs I took off when I was 18. It stayed gone without special effort for all these years and then here it was.

I'm enjoying this site so much. I've lost 7 lbs in 19 days and have stopped feeling hopeless and panicked. I don't expect weight to keep coming off this quickly, but just losing this much has made me feel so much more in control, and it really isn't so hard to do, more like a project we're all working on together.

Susan in Iowa, US

• Twhitehead7
    Options
    I was successful last year at staying near my goal, then things started falling apart and I gained like 20pounds by Thanksgiving and more during the holidays? Now am sedentary :( and needing motivation! Thanks for including me. I'm with you on losing 30!!! We've got this