Starting "30 day shred" 4/18/11.. anyone want to join???

Options

Replies

• Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I just did the 30DS Level 1 and went to log it into my exercise and there wasn't a "strength/cardio" to choose from on the list. What are you all putting it in as? I ended up choosing "aerobics general" at 30 mins.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training general but I use my HRM for calories I burn 175- 200 per circuit MFP I would cut at least in half cause its way way higher than what a HRM shows
  • kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Are you guys weighing yourself?....Are you doing extra cardio on top of JM everyday? Walking/running ect?

1st wk i lost 4kg, 2nd wk nothing (but thought maybe in inches), 3rd wk (today) Nothing!....Even if it is inches (which i havent measured yet since i started)...should be atleast losing something aswell right?

argh! so frustrating when your working heard every damn day....Especially since im just startign out aswell, shouldnt hit a wall for ages yet
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I dont use a scale to weigh myself I do weigh once a month at the doctors
    But I measure and take pictures
  • Kat0310
    Options
    I think with this workout you do gain some muscle so maybe it's just that? Don't get frustrated, keep doing it and the weight will come off. I don't weigh every day, it's tempting sometimes but for me I think it's best to do it once or maybe twice a week. I just started MFP so I haven't done my first weigh in yet to see any progress but when I've "dieted" in the past the first couple weeks are sometimes a slow start for me. :smile:
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    I ended up measuring after all and im down 6in / 10.5cm so im VERY happy with that! Im thinking it may be muscle....i tried on a top today that i wore 2yrs ago and it seems to fit better now than then...even tho i prob was 3-4kg lighter back then...

Level 3 Day 1 today! Wowza is that a workout!! Phew i was dying doing those jump lunges lol...my legs were just about to give out on me i think haha
    But i did enjoy it...I thought the exercises were pretty cool actually.
  • ledack
    ledack Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! You are gaining muscle. I had the same issue! I gained about 6 lbs the first 6 weeks and I was ready to quit, but then I started burning the fat and could see the results. Don't give up! You will get there if you stay with the program. I did add some other cardio 3x's a week and some strength training, but that just enhanced what I was already doing. Good luck!
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Just finished today's 30DS workout (Level 1)

Happy Mother's Day!
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day Shred Buddies:smile:

Hope everyone is doing well.. I did day 21 and day 3 on level 3, It's definately a workout but feel so great afterwards..
    for anyone interested in "last chance workout" Yes it is biggest loser as well.. I will probably do it again myself in a few months.. Hope everyone is enjoying "being shredded":wink:

I have decided to just check measurements at the end.. 9 days to go "WooHoo"

"Positive Energy + Motivation = Positive results":smile:

~Rachel~
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    What are you guys planning on doing after this? Another round or something else?....I'be been thinkin i might do the C25k for something a bit different....Then something else on the off days of that
  • Kat0310
    Options
    What are you guys planning on doing after this? Another round or something else?....I'be been thinkin i might do the C25k for something a bit different....Then something else on the off days of that

Well, since I am new here and just "restarted" the 30 DS (day 3 level 1) I am going to continue, plus I really like it and the time fits into my morning routine really well.

I did mine this morning, I wish I had a better idea of the real calories I burn doing it since I can only log it in a "circuit training", there is no cardio/strength on the list to choose from.

Have a great day everyone!
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    What does it say you usually burn?I Since i got my HRM its telling me around 240-260....MFP was telling me sometimes i was burning 320+
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Maybe I need to get a HRM so I can tell my calorie burn a little better. Thanks for the tip :)
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Did today's Level 1, Day 4 :)

Have a great day!
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    okay- the weekend was a struggle for me with it being mother's day and we had alot going on through church so i did not get any days in on 30ds. technically it is really only day 10 today since i have missed a few days, so back on track and i think i will try level 2 again but it might be a struggle. wish me luck!:bigsmile:
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    Day 4 done!!! Did her banish fat cardio one today 7, 6 min curcuits! Whoa was it a workout!!!
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    I will deff join too. since 4/18 is 5 month to the day of my wedding, that will help motovate me!!

Yay, congratulations! I get married next year but want to kick start my exercise now to give me chance to ge into it properly and keep it up! x
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Did my 30DS Level 1, Day 5.

Have a great day everyone!
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    Day 5 level 3 Done!!!

5 TO GO.....YAY!
  • kaylah_x