Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! :D

Thanks Niki for doing the monthly update. You did a great job even though we all miss Robin and hope she comes back soon! :)

My eating has been better today and I'm drinking a bunch of water to flush sodium from the Chinese. I should go for a nice walk around the store so I can get some exercise in today.

I have yet to complete my personal challenges for a month since I joined this group. Shameful!! :'( But this month I'm going to seriously focus. I am thinking about what exercise I will commit to. Probably steps since I really do want to increase in that area.

@texasmom, great NSV on the shorts!! I can't wait to find clothes getting too big on me. that will be a happy day for sure. :D

@melifornia, I just recently learned the term "binge watching." I really wish I had time to indulge in that awesome activity. I would re-watch Friends and Seinfeld. Two of the best shows ever!!

@kah, if you do burpees you deserve P.F. Changs. Those are evil!! >:)
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness - I went to the gym for my quality time on the elliptical after school, which means I hit my exercise goals for this week AND this month! w00t! Missed the trainer again, so I'm thinking about popping in tomorrow morning to see if I can catch him and get a strength routine figured out.

MFP Goals January 25-31

Diet Goals

* No fast food 3/7 days - x/7
    * Track food 7/7 days - 6/7

Exercise Goals

* 30 mins of cardio (preferably elliptical) 3/7 days - 3/7 DONE
    * Yoga daily as part of Miracle Morning routine - 6/7
    * Talk to trainer at rec center about strength training -

Health Goals

* Take meds daily - 5/7
    * Refill pill box when needed - DONE
    * Call optometrist about contact Rx -

Cleaning Goals

* Declutter kitchen cabinets over sink -
    * Take last tote of kids clothes to BigBro's house -
    * Follow daily cleaning schedule - 2/7
    * Set up area for scrapbooking in spare room - DONE

Personal Goals

* Complete Miracle Morning routine daily - 6/7
    * Move wake up time back to 6AM daily - 1/7
    * Tweak night time routine to better set up for mornings -
    * In bed, lights out by 10:30 PM at least 4/7 days - x/7

Work Goals

* Submit at least 4/8 magazine articles for review - 1/8
    * File newspaper article -
    * Invoice newspaper -
    * Invoice magazines -
    * Resolve issue with client's shopping cart -
    * Follow up on PR pitches sent last week -
    * Send 5 LOIs to editors - x/5

January All-In

* Login to MFP daily - 30/31
    * At/Under calorie limit 20/31 - 6/31
    * Workout (besides yoga) 12/31 - 12/31 DONE!

2015 Mantra: Live Intentionally
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Sorry no personals tonight, but at least I did catch up on all of the posts.

Friday Fitness:
    Well I made my January fitness goal of running 2x/week. Considering how many meetings I had, I'm pretty satisfied with that. I also did my monthly 8k an hit a new PR of 55:41. I'm guessing it will be a couple of months before I can even think about surpassing that one. My next actual 8k race is in May, and I will be ecstatic if I can repeat that time out on a real course.

Tomorrow I've got to go teach another ACT prep class tomorrow morning, then I need to go shopping. Tomorrow evening, I have plans with some friends in Chicago and I'm spending the night at my parents'. I might be able to get in a gym visit in the early afternoon. If not, I will have time on Sunday. DH and I are going to a friends' for a Superbowl party, but that's not until about 4:30.

Grading is minimal this weekend, so that's a bonus. :)

January Challenge:
    Under calorie goal: 27/30 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    All-in: run 2 days/week: week 1 = 2/2, week 2 = 3/2, week 3 = 2/2, week 4 = 2/2
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47) DONE 1/25 in 55:41!!

Grading Goals:
    1. 33/60 JRP journals
    2. x/60 movie guides (check-in only)

Exercise Goals: (week 4)
    Sun--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I did meet my personal goal of completing a mini-triathlon this month. In Feb. I plan to do a better job in the swimming area and hopefully without leg cramps.

For the new people, one of my passions is indoor rock climbing and I typically go every Friday night. I did climb tonight and made it a challenge since I am starting to go up to the harder climbs. My rule is to try it and see how far I get. If I don't make it to the top it's okay, next week I will try again and see how far I get. Tonight, I attempted a 5.10.b climb and it was over a ceiling (not my strong point) so I reached the ceiling and then came down. Next time I will make it over the ceiling- my arms were not cooperating tonight that is part of the reason why I stopped that wall. Then finished on a hard 5.9 to end the night.

KarenLeona- Welcome back. Happy to hear that you are on the road to recovery.

Niki-Great job with the posting of challenges for February.

Robin- Thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts.

Goingstd12-Welcome and congrats on beating cancer.

My plans for the weekend include swimming on Saturday, Sunday- climbing and maybe gym or pool
    Monday- Trainer
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Skinnyjeans: loved your greetings to the 'new lungs'! Laughed hysterically. Thought you did it on purpose
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great Job @Niki on the February Challenge post - much better than me! Sorry tho that it stressed you out. I see you are puzzled what exercise to choose for yourself - that is tough - hope you can settle on something simple and easy to do. What is your weakest muscle - think like that and maybe work on that muscle group. Like you mentioned your knee is sore right now. Are your legs your weakest? How about marching in place for one minute 5 days a week? Something like that....
    @Nanceto - gosh I've had you on my mind for such a long time - great to see you back
    @Other old returnees - great to see you back too - @EReilly and @Melwillbehealthy !
    and @Kah - so glad you did not suffer anything severe from your car accident....darn its a shame it was banged up so bad though.
    @All of you - seems like so much thoughtful progress forward is going on - wowo - I really miss the day to day of being her with you!
    I do notice though, that there have been a lot of newbies who just get casual welcomes but not any chat to them to encourage them to respond back - that would be helpful since they are just posting often for the first time...
    @Newbies - Welcome all of you. I hope you dont get discouraged after your first post - it takes awhile to fit in here and get responses but it does happen -just start asking questions and you will get answers.
    I don't think I will back here for at least another 2 weeks or so. I am scheduled for cataract surgery on Feb. 17th - I am so excited about it. I am down to just a little pinhole of vision and can't drive at night any more. Its about time!

• karenleona
    Options
    Hope all goes well Robin. Will be nice to have vision back!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Oh I forgot......I did another blog post.

Again, the subject matter is difficult to read:
    It's about my personal history of sexual abuse when I was a child, and how its messing with my head now.
    As I've caught up by reading the last 4 pages, I've seen some discussion that touched on abuse issues, so some of you might be interested.
    If you want to read it, here's the link:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/RobinsEgg
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Thanks, @KaarenLeona - its great to "see" you back again. I've missed you a lot!
  • karenleona
    Options
    So far so good. My challenge will be after i get home from working a 12 hour shift tomorrow. Then i usually eat everything in sight. Working on an alternate plan. Perhaps just thinking of the trip to disneyland in dec with my grandkids. Need to be smaller and fit for that. My fitness goals for feb are to just do something. Doesnt matter it it is yars work, walking or going to the gym.
    I found this thread on my phone but how do i find it on my computer as it is not a group??
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    karenleona wrote: »
    So far so good. My challenge will be after i get home from working a 12 hour shift tomorrow. Then i usually eat everything in sight. Working on an alternate plan. Perhaps just thinking of the trip to disneyland in dec with my grandkids. Need to be smaller and fit for that. My fitness goals for feb are to just do something. Doesnt matter it it is yars work, walking or going to the gym.
    I found this thread on my phone but how do i find it on my computer as it is not a group??

Welcome @Karenleona .. the thread is in the Motivation and Support category on the Community Page. When you locate it there, click on the star between the name of the thread and the name of the originator (RobinsEgg) ... that will highlite the star and bookmark the thread. The next time you want to access the thread, click on the star ... it will be on all the community message pages and at the community page as well ... A bell, a Star, A gear .... the Bell will show a number of how many posts have come in on the threads you have bookmarked. The Star will show you how many threads you have bookmarked. The gear will wipe out the yellow highlights on the threads that have new posts. Just click on the bell or on the star ... you can then click back into the thread with ease.

Hope this helps.
    Follow-through, Niki
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @karenleona‌--great to see you back in the thread! Sounds like that trip to Disney will keep you motivated.

@robin--glad to see you pop in. That's great that you will get the cataract surgery done.

@melissa- the trainer at my gym is a great guy, but he never seems to be there when I'm there. Even when I'm there during the times he has posted, I never see him.

@holly & kelley--gunner loves GOING to the vet, but he doesn't love STAYING at the vet. :smiley: He's excited to go there and see who's in the waiting room, but the minute we move to the exam room, he's trying to leave. Once the vet comes in he likes the attention from her, but doesn't like being in the exam room alone with me. Climbs on my lap and tries to get the door open--he just turns into a big baby.

@texasmom--great clothes NSV with the shorts that now fit! Glad you are starting to feel better.

AFM--I'm heading out with friends tonight then will spend the night at my parents'. We are supposed to get a big snowstorm overnight--we are taking the train out this evening, so no worries there. However, I hope I'm not too terriby snowed in at my parents' house when I awake in the morning.

January Challenge:
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47) DONE 1/25 in 55:41!!

Grading Goals:
    1. 33/60 JRP journals
    2. 60/60 movie guides (check-in only) DONE

Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner DONE

• ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! Hope you're all having a great weekend so far. I am excited and nervous for the Super Bowl tomorrow. I'm from NH so a die hard Pats fan! My dad has all of his pats flags out around the house right now with our crazy 35mph wind gusts, lets see how long the flags last...

As I mentioned in my last post, we had 2 snow days last week. Looks like we will have Monday off too as we are supposed to get another 6-12" of snow. I love snow days but also stresses me out because I don't get paid for them and my paychecks have not been so good lately. And we will be making them up at the end of the year in June, when I would rather be at the beach or by my pool lol.

I kinda gave up on my January goals over the past week and a half and focused on writing my Feb goals down the other day and am excited to start over new. This week I really focused on going back to kickboxing because I signed up for their 12 Week Transformation Challenge. In order to be eligible you need to go to a class 3 times a week, so that will keep me motivated. The owner really wanted me to do it, so I want to make her proud and really do this for myself too after spending the past year sabotaging every attempt I make on getting healthy. I didn't focus on nutrition this week, but just with exercise I lost about 3lbs! So that is my Saturday Success - losing 3lbs this week without totally focusing on it.

Have a great weekend everyone and GO PATS!!
  • karenleona
    Options
    Thanks Niki. Gonna go do that now. Then i will clean my house. Really. I will.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @erin--congrats on the 3 lb loss--that's awesome! We are getting about a foot of snow from 9 pm tonight to 9 pm Sunday. If that holds true we won't get a snow day on Monday b/c they'll have plenty of time to plow the roads and clear the sidewalks. I'm ok with that since the last 2 emergency days already put us into the second week of June.

AFM--I taught ACT prep this morning then came home and did some stuff around the house after walking gunner. I contemplated going to the gym, but decided to grade instead. I'm almost done with the journals.

A couple of my friends are staying at my parents' with me tonight and they are all worried we won't be able to drive home tomorrow. I can't imagine that the snow will be that bad. I mean, 12 inches over 24 hours suggests that either A) the snow will be steady but light, or B) it may be heavy for periods, but there will also be lulls in the storm. I'm not going to stress about it, but I will take my husband's jeep instead of my challenger.

I probably won't check in again until tomorrow, so hope everyone has a great Saturday.

January Challenge:

Grading Goals:
    1. 46/60 JRP journals

Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner DONE

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @RobinsEgg ... Thanks, and it is so good to hear your cheery voice on here. Good luck with the surgery. Thanks @Teresa_3266 and @Lauriek70. You are welcome @karenleona, hope it worked as described.

Saturday Success ... NSV - I had lunch out this week ... the first time in a very long while, with my sis and SIL. We went to a seafood restaurant. We sat around that table for 3 hours and chatted up a storm. The waitress got a wad of rolled up bills as a tip, and the management knows some of us well enough to greet us by name. The NSV came during the conversation. I sometimes get the feeling that I am being 'put-down' by my sis and then my feelings get hurt. Usually I don't say anything about it but stew a bit in private. Therefore, I haven't truly learned the art of effective communication where I can tactfully deflect what I percieve to be a hurtful barb. Except that on the day before this lunch, I had a light-bulb go off in my head that it's probably nothing I have done at all that makes my sis act irritated with me. It's probably just my perception, being a bit anxious and overly sensitive at times, and way too interested in myself. So, this lunch, I resolved to have a slick back and let everything slide off it instead of sticking to me .... and it worked. We had a nice time. One that I wouldn't mind repeating again soon. Never mind that I overate that the rest of that day. I didn't come away with bruised feelings, and neither did my sis.

I cannot report my calories because this day has not yet ended ... except I know I missed my goals this month. Looking forward to finalizing what my goals will be starting in the AM.

Follow-Through, Niki .....

.... PS ... I've been trying to keep track of posters who wrote for the first time in January and have a list of 40 names ... that's a lot of new people who stumbled across us and felt compelled to post but maybe haven't come back again. It might be because you don't know how to bookmark the thread .... or it might be that you only intended to pass through ... of, heaven forbid, you didn't feel welcomed enough. If that's the case, please post again and let us get to know you. You don't have to overwhelmed by the 'personals' we sometimes write ... you don't have to do them. As a matter of fact, even when these personalls are written, not everyone gets mentioned. My heavens, it would take hours and hours to do it that way! Who has the time? .... well I do, if I neglect cleaning my house and cooking my food ... but that's another story! :#

(and forgive the typos ... my fingers and they keyboard sometimes don't dance so well together, especially when the spellcheck thinks it knows what I mean when it does not.)
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon threadies and newbies! I hope y'all are having a good day and staying warm on this last day of January.

@RobinsEgg - good to see you! I hope the healing continues, and I'm sending you good vibes for your cataract surgery.

@NK1112 - You're doing such a great job welcoming the newbies. Thanks for making us look good. :smile:

It's a chilly, rainy Saturday here in Kansas. We definitely need the moisture, but it didn't making running errands any easier. I slept in a bit today, until about 8:30, then got up and did my Miracle Morning routine. I needed the extra sleep; still working on getting to bed earlier, but tonight is Sissy Night, so I know it'll be a late one. But I've done my routine 27 days in a row! Woohoo!

Thinking more about my February goals and what I need to do to achieve them. I need to set up You Need A Budget (YNAB) again now that I have my laptop back with the new hard drive. I'd just started and was getting in the habit of keeping it updated when my other hard drive crashed. Part of my food goals include getting my spending under control, thus the budget.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! Work was slow today. Had one sale and then my lovely boss let me off at 4pm instead of 6pm. I was thrilled. Came home and made a nice chicken stir-fry for hubby and me. My calories are in check and I feel good about that. :D

@To all the new people!! First welcome and second I do hope you will come and post so we can get to know you. This thread is a commitment much like sticking to our weight loss goals is a commitment. I have been MIA before and I have regretted it. There is much to be gained by sticking around and getting support from each other. Plus, the people on this thread are really groovy!! B)

@Robin, it’s so good to see you back. I did read your blog and my heart aches for your pain. I can offer no words other than to tell you that I am praying for you. I also hope all goes well with the cataract surgery. <3
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @melifornia would you explain your Miracle morning routine? Maybe you did before and I missed it, but it has me intrigued! :)

@Robin Nice to hear from you, you're missed. Good luck with the surgery, I bet you'll see (no pun intended, LOL) a big difference.

@Niki thanks for reposting the guidelines, I finally remembered to copy them so I'll know what they are.

Running out of time, have a great weekend everyone. I know I will...my biopsy came back benign!!! :smiley:
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier - Yea, yippee, yahoo. So glad for your news. B)

@Robin - Prayers for you from tip to toe.

@Niki - Thank you for taking the "helm". Your efforts are appreciated.

@ereilly311 - Great loss!

February Challenge: I am choosing to do the one minute push-up challenge. One minute of push-ups each day, starting on my toes and when I max on those I will finish the minute on my knees. So far I can do one on my toes. I am hoping for a great deal of improvement.
    I am back on the weight loss challenge at the gym. So that is enough said about my calorie goals. I do plan on keeping up with the 12 glasses of water each day. So that remains the same.

AFM - Emotionally I am pulling my hair out. My relationship with my husband has never been great. I have said that before. He is 58, about 75 pounds overweight, on medication for high blood pressure, arthritis, high cholesterol. And I am not happy about the way his health is going. Last night he tore his rotator cuff and we spent quite a bit of time in the ER in the middle of the night. I am not his nurse or his mother. I do not have it in me to be a caretaker for anyone who has done most of this to himself. So now we will be dealing without his income until he can get in for surgery and recover from that. He is a machine operator so he needs both arms in good condition to do his job.

So today was a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day food wise. I am sure it was at least 3000 calories. Maybe more. I had great intentions, but no resolve. I wanted to remain calm and not start a fight but could not carry that off. I was mean and snippy with him. I am sure a part of it was the lack of sleep. He woke me up at midnight to drive him to the ER. I am just as mad at myself for being this way. I do not want to be this person.

Tomorrow was to be a day on the road. I have two customers about 2 hours away that I was to see (north of Chicago) but a snow storm is on the way and I do not need to be driving in that. So I will be home with him again tomorrow. God be with me please. I hope I am better with some sleep.

Tomorrow I will get up and go to the gym. I will stay within my calories. I will drink all my water. When I feel myself getting to the short end of my rope I will find something else to do.

Love to all <3
    Lori
    Trying desperately to live life gratified.