20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• terpluver
    terpluver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Help!! I am binging!! I am trying to put a big old halt on my out of control eating. I can do it! Stay strong ladies!! Totally expecting a gain again this week.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    terpluver wrote: »
    Help!! I am binging!! I am trying to put a big old halt on my out of control eating. I can do it! Stay strong ladies!! Totally expecting a gain again this week.

Well, Terpluver...start eating normally right now at breakfast. Get the junk out of the house. Go to your diary to log breakfast and plan your food for lunch. While you are there, put in food for the rest of the day. Go buy those foods if necessary. Fill up your mug and get started with the water. You can do this!
    Connie
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning losers! Happy Saturday!

It's been a long month, and here we are on the last day of January. I think we should evaluate our successes this month WITHOUT using the scale as a measure. Hmmmm....what criteria should we use, then?
    How many days did you log in?
    How many days did you plan and complete your food plan?
    How many days did you move your body in some form or fashion?
    How many times did you choose something healthier than you would have a month ago?
    How many times did you choose a different place to eat out based on better choices offered?
    How many times did you pass up something in the grocery store that you would have normally picked up?
    How many times did you go to bed without the bloat, and the promise to yourself that you would do better tomorrow?
    How many times did you wake up feeling optimistic and energized about the day ahead because yesterday you ate right and moved your body?

I am sure you can add more to this list, and I hope you will. We cannot let the scale dictate our success. This is our lifestyle and we will never be perfect, but we must continue to live it the best way we know how to be healthy and fit.

Have a great day!
    Stay strong!
    Connie
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great list Connie! We way too often judge our success (and sometimes ourselves) by that darn scale! I just got in 30 minutes of walking/jogging and I am feeling strong! Not winded at all which is my non scale victory so far today!
    Momma- I will call you when I have seen you online in case you are still resting. Love you!
    -
    p52sn34n51ef.jpg
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hello, everyone! Congratulations on all those who had success this week. For those who did not, start fresh each day and we will reach our goal. I have been stuck at the same weight for two weigh ins at 181. Started at 186, so I'm happy with the 5 lb loss for the month. I'm not in a hurry to get the weight off. As long as each month shows at least 5 lbs down, I will eventually reach my UGW of 145. For me, losing at this pace and feeling as though I'm simply eating healthy and exercising is a win win! In the distant past, I went from 210 to 120 in a very short period of time by exercising a lot and eating VERY little. I kept that weight off for 10 years, by eating very little and exercising. I looked great, but it wasn't a very healthy or sustainable way to go. Over time, I grew very fatigued and 60 lbs crept back.
    I'm now older and wiser and realize being healthy and still enjoying life is the way to go. So, I'll celebrate the success of January's loss and the fact that DH and I have gotten back to exercising after a year of not doing so.

Marie, I hope you feel better very soon!!

Have a great weekend and week everyone!

Becky

• ae92jay
    ae92jay Posts: 151 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    SW 167 lbs (December 2014)
    CW 153lbs (January 31, 2015)
    GW 140 lbs (For April 5, 2015) Updated on January 31, 2015)
    UGW 118 lbs

December 31, 2014 = 160 lbs
    January 31, 2015 = 153 lbs
    February 28, 2015
    March 31,2015
    April 5,2015
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Everyone is doing great and continuing with this challenge. Hence, the word CHALLENGE.
    I agree with Connie don't let the scale dictate your life. Use some of the hints listed by Connie which
    by the way are great words to go by. Keep on track, also remember its mind over matter, in our case mind over food. I just had a long talk with my husband this morning how I am going to handle our boating season this year with all the food challenges. I am definitely going to get to my first goal this 2015. Planning, planning, planning I can't stress that enough, it really helps.

Janice- Thanks for the compliment on my eating plan. I have been sticking to it and it works.

Good luck next week to all our losers.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

• jenniferbet11
    jenniferbet11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Marie, I hope you're feeling better!! Everyone else, it sounds like a lot of you had some very good weeks!! Hang in there, only a couple more months! :smiley:

I'm changing my weigh-ins to Saturdays because from some reason after a long week of working out and eating healthy I like to see how well I did at the end of the week... plus Saturday dinner is my cheat meal for the week so I like to measure and weigh before that :wink: So here're my numbers for Week 2! I lost 4.4 pounds during Week 2 for a total of a 7.4 pound loss since January 18th! I'm feeling really great about this loss; at this rate I would love to be down to 170 in 2 weeks: February 14th! Anyway, keep up the Fantastic work everyone and I look forward to reading more about your successes!!!!

SW: 181.6
    CW: 174.2 (-7.4 pounds in 2 weeks)
    GW by Easter: 160
    GW by June vacation: 140
    Overall GW: 120-130
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    great loss Jennifer and jay!! really inspirational connie and becky!! I agree about just feeling good exercising and eating healthy! I am trying really hard to not be defined by the scale. I think I should move it out of my bathroom so I don't weigh myself everyday! I would probably be happier!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    SLW19 - I know what you mean about weighing everyday. It does get to be obsessive, just remember not to let it take you over. There will be fluctuations day by day, up and down. Just
    remember that and you should be okay. I weigh myself everyday, if I don't I get myself in trouble.. For me its structure, and that is what keeps me on track. Everyone is different.
    Put it away for a week and see how you do. - - - Good luck

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Connie that is a great list you posted and thanks to you and others on this thread I can say that I have been faithful on most of them.
    I am grateful for the One One One plan that you and Marie got going. It it so easy and this morning we went out for breakfast and it was
    so easy to stay on plan (one egg, 2 slices of bacon and an English Muffin). Was really good and I didn't feel deprived.
    My weigh in day is Tuesday so hoping to see a loss. I can live with this plan!!!

Congrats to each of you that had a loss and to the ones who were not pleased with the scales just hang in there and try to do better next meal.

I miss Marie and hope you feel better soon!!!

Nancy in MS

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Thanks, Nancy!
    We are going out this evening and tomorrow we will celebrate my son's b-day. I do plan to have cake and that will be my carb.
    My weigh day is Tuesday as well, although I do weigh each day and track it on an app called Happy Scales. It allows you to see the trends, highs, and lows. You can set goals and it predicts how long it will take you. I love it!

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Maire...we miss you dearly. Hope you get well soon and return to us!
    Connie
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
  • raindancer
    Options
    I finally got a new picture.
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to join! I can lose at least 17 pounds by Easter!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Alice got me in here to say Hello. I am doing OK but still not back to my self. thank you for all the well wishes.
    love Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie - So nice to hear from you and hope you are on the mend soon, we miss your upbeat self.

RAINDANCER- You look fabulous, that's all I can say. You are definitely one of the success stories here.

Shirley
  • raindancer
    Options
    RAINDANCER- You look fabulous, that's all I can say. You are definitely one of the success stories here

Thank you Shirley. It hasnt been quick. Those pictures cover 10 years. I just kept refusing to give up.