Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.
    nellysen wrote: »
    Me too!!!!!! In fact it pisses me off. I think it is because I just WISH that the hunt fr the perfect jeans on a perfect body was my biggest issue. Maybe it is jealousy? But either way.... I feel the same!

This is just damn sad. SMH :noway:

I don't see it... It does annoy me when I see girls that look fantastic complain that their clothes make them look fat. Although I guess now I just feel sad for them because they don't realize how great they look, and they'll look back one day and realize that they were wasting too much energy on something that wasn't even true and wish they could look that way again lol.

I totally fail to see how that is body shaming, like some people mentioned above... Being jealous of someone's body is shaming them? How?

For not washing clothes after working out, some people just don't sweat much. I'm always sweating like crazy at the gym but I see people running in SWEATERS next to me and they seem just fine. So *shrug*.

Of course you don't. *nod* *shrug*

You know, the thread title asked for no judgement, and that's pretty much all you've contributed.

Confession: I judge people for not washing their clothes... that ish is nasty as hell. Better?
  • skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

I'm so sorry things are difficult <3

Thanks. Saying I'm unhappy is a confession because I don't feel like I have a reason to be? Things aren't that difficult, I just just feel like something's missing. I don't understand where people find joy. I decided to buy a house, and put an offer in today for a great one. I'm not excited at all about it, and I don't know why. Oh well, off to bed, gotta work another 12 hours tomorrow.

This sounds a lot like clinical depression to me. Have you spoken to a doctor?
  • randomtai
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.
    Me too!!!!!! In fact it pisses me off. I think it is because I just WISH that the hunt fr the perfect jeans on a perfect body was my biggest issue. Maybe it is jealousy? But either way.... I feel the same!

I don't see it... It does annoy me when I see girls that look fantastic complain that their clothes make them look fat. Although I guess now I just feel sad for them because they don't realize how great they look, and they'll look back one day and realize that they were wasting too much energy on something that wasn't even true and wish they could look that way again lol.

I totally fail to see how that is body shaming, like some people mentioned above... Being jealous of someone's body is shaming them? How?

For not washing clothes after working out, some people just don't sweat much. I'm always sweating like crazy at the gym but I see people running in SWEATERS next to me and they seem just fine. So *shrug*.

You know, the thread title asked for no judgement, and that's pretty much all you've contributed.

Yup.

And I guess I'm a horrible person because I completely fail to see how we're shaming someone when we're jealous of them.

Good for you!!! That jealousy is gonna take you far. :)
  • Just115Pounds
    Just115Pounds Posts: 81 Member
    I round my weight down. Even if it says 122.6lbs I say 122. Eek.
  • toriilana
    toriilana Posts: 44 Member
    The stupidest thing I ever did was buy some of those pills you see advertised that are supposed to aid weigh loss. You get them for free but pay for packaging only the trial is free and they charge you £75 if you decide not to send them back. I didn't read the fine print (because I was 16 and dumb and hated my body so much I just wanted it gone!). When I found out they had taken the money and realised why I was too embarrassed to admit to my parents. I didn't have to tell them about it as I earned my own money and I wasted my own money on it too! Stupidest thing I have ever done and it makes me feel bad that I got so desperate to lose weight that I fell for some pills that didn't work anyway.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

I'm guilty of this, too. I tend to avoid the scale for a day or 2 after for fear that I have sabotaged myself. Also, I feel really guilty. My New Years resolution was to with stain from alcohol for 1 month. I failed.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    I bought pillsbury red velvet cookie dough in those pre-portioned cookie sizes with the intention of baking them for my daughters and husband, maybe eating 1 myself. Over the course of several days, I ate half the package. Without baking them first.

As for the wearing work out clothes multiple times debate...if you don't stink while you're working out next to me, then I don't care! I wipe down machines before and after use anyway. I sweat like a crazy person so I can't wear mine multiple times.
  • lizzawomp
    lizzawomp Posts: 7 Member
    my big ol' jethro portions

Haha I do this! Instead of crisps or something, I'll demolish an entire bag of baby carrots. In one sitting.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

Awe, you sound so sad. Is there anything we can do?
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    toriilana wrote: »
    The stupidest thing I ever did was buy some of those pills you see advertised that are supposed to aid weigh loss. You get them for free but pay for packaging only the trial is free and they charge you £75 if you decide not to send them back. I didn't read the fine print (because I was 16 and dumb and hated my body so much I just wanted it gone!). When I found out they had taken the money and realised why I was too embarrassed to admit to my parents. I didn't have to tell them about it as I earned my own money and I wasted my own money on it too! Stupidest thing I have ever done and it makes me feel bad that I got so desperate to lose weight that I fell for some pills that didn't work anyway.

Who hasn't tried at least one BS diet pill?
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I know the embarrassing feeling. v.v

I wear a bathing suit that (used to be) too small for me under my workout clothes to keep my belly from hitting my thighs - my belly bra. I may need a new bathing suit now that I'm about a size 14....It only helps with the lower belly, though. Everything is held in place on top and below, but the "high" belly, just under where my ribcage ends in front, moves when I do high-impact moves.

Other confessions - I may have become obsessed with Jillian Michaels. My daughter doesn't approve of her, but she's become one of my weight loss "magic feathers".

I'm far too lazy to wash my bra every day, and certainly not after every workout. I may wash more often now that I have two bras that fit me (hooray, huzzzah) - one to wear while the other dries.

I spend far too much time on the internet finding studies that will never be good enough for the trolls that demand them to defend views that are really just common sense. I should totally be spending quality time with Jillian instead.

I am embarrasingly obsessed with the weight loss process. My family wishes I would just get over it. You know, I can lose weight if I want too, but they don't need to hear about it anymore. I'm putting far too much time and effort into it. I just can't help myself, I end up talking about it, googling about it, and wanting to do things like body composition testing, which I really don't need.

I actually used a recipe that replaced the butter and sugar in cookies with a banana (oatmeal, banana, peanut butter, and chocolate chips, 2 min in the microwave). And I would do it again, except I would add more peanut butter or vanilla for flavour. I have no shame (my daughter says "Eat real food!").

No matter how much weight I lose, I can't feel confident that I will succeed at this. I rely on "magic feathers" to keep going, and get a little scared any time I have to put one of them down.

I put 140 in as my goal weight based on a google search, but I have absolutely no idea what I should be aiming for.

My start weight was 296, three months before I joined MFP. I couldn't figure out how to make stones work when I joined MFP, so my weight loss in the first week was quite impressive ;) .....I have lost more weight than MFP says, just some more of it before joining. Pounds are easier for me, but I miss the stones a little.

I decided at one point that, if there is no one right way to do things, than really, there is no real wrong way to do them. I choose to believe that every part of my weight journey has helped me to get here, either by keeping me alive this long, or by being learning experiences that will give me compassion for others, and help me to keep going in the future. No judgement :)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Jolinia wrote: »
    toriilana wrote: »

Who hasn't tried at least one BS diet pill?

They'll never be as good as late 90s Dexatrim. I did that combined with SlimFast for all three meals. I was as full of goodness and light as you can imagine with that combination.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member

shermcm wrote: »
    Sometimes I log just my coffee so I don't lose my days logged in streak or adjust my portions so it doesn't look so bad.

I'm gluten free on top of making lifestyle changes and I am tired of explaining my choices or that my "diet" isn't all a choice.

I made my journal private because if I didn't I would never log stuff out of embarrassment that people would see the crap I'm putting in my body. But if just I can see it, I'll log it and figure out how/where I need to change.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    You powdered cocoa fans might want to keep some powdered chocolate peanut butter in the house. I mix some up and put on bananas. Mmmmmm. (But a word of caution: it will glue your mouth shut if you eat it right from the jar!)
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    I give my dog a special puppy Oreo cookie every time she does does her business. They are pretty good too. When she comes in, I eat half the cookie and give her the other half. I never log those calories!
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    confession, I judge people big time for spelling "lose" as "loose."

I'm there with you.

Sometimes I write a post specifically mocking someone's atrocious spelling.

Then I get over myself and rewrite or delete the post. It does feel good, though, to be a total a-hole for a minute.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.
    Have you tried PB2? It's a powdered peanut butter you reconstitute with water. It is 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat per 2 tablespoons. It is very similar to regular PB in my opinion.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    DeWoSa wrote: »
    confession, I judge people big time for spelling "lose" as "loose."

I'm there with you.

Sometimes I write a post specifically mocking someone's atrocious spelling.

Then I get over myself and rewrite or delete the post. It does feel good, though, to be a total a-hole for a minute.
    Lol.
    Just lol.
  • randomtai

Confession: I judge people for not washing their clothes... that ish is nasty as hell. Better?

Reality check: All of us wash them. Just not every day. You made assumptions. You also made a leap and assumed that we didn't wipe down gym equipment. What exactly did you plan to do when you came into a thread sharing confessions?

Question: Do you wash your judgey pants every time you put them on?

Lol. Just lol.