Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    _FATNSASSY wrote: »
    I got hungry the other day and ate an entire large pepperoni pizza. In my car in the parking lot.

So my question is "If you eat a pizza in the car, in the parking lot, does it still have calories? Kinda like hearing a falling tree in the woods if no one is there? Anyway, did you log it, I rarely do when I am bad...

Yeah, I logged it. A 2200 calorie meal. Of course, I had a diet soda with it.

I like your style.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    erinbea wrote: »
    First of all, let me preface this by saying I don't need to lose weight and never have. Most of the time I was counting calories/losing weight was due to an eating disorder. But I'm by most definitions recovered now. (As in, I eat "normally" and am a healthy weight, but still do things like browse weight loss forums, haha) I guess this was a confession in itself :P But anyway

I used to avoid making things in large batches or recipes with a lot of ingredients because it was harder to figure out the calories every time I had some. And like, if I made a soup with chunks of stuff, and I got more chicken than veggie chunks in a serving or something, I wouldn't know the exact carb/protein/fat amounts.

I read some pages back in this thread about someone who sat on their Quest bars to warm them up. I have also done that. Or left them in my car on the dashboard on a hot day.

There's one particular kind of tea I've had that satisfies my post-meal cravings for snacks so I've been ordering it online in bulk for years.

Even though I could come home for lunch most days, I prefer to eat outside my house so that I can't keep going back for snacks after lunch.

I actually hated peanut butter/had never tried it until I became interested in losing weight. I read it was good for healthy fats, so I tried some. That was the worst decision for weight loss I ever made, haha.

Sometimes I tape the lids of my nut butter jars shut so that it's more difficult for me to get to them. It's all nut butters... peanut, almond, cashew, hazelnut, sunflower seed... I crave them. If I were going to die, my last meal would be an entire jar of warm coconut butter eaten with a spoon.

I used to tell people I was gluten intolerant as an excuse to not eat cookies, cakes, etc. Then I felt horribly guilty when in the future they'd go out of their way to make a gluten-free treat for me.

And now for a more healthy confession - I have a scale, but I've successfully avoided weighing myself for over a year. I taped a sticky note over the number with words like "intelligence," "self-confidence," and "love" on it. And I'm much better off. A few times I have tried to weigh myself, but I can't see the number through the sticky note and instead just read all the things the scale can't measure.

Ok. Now, I cry.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    When new MFP users add me as a friend, I mentally can't help but guess what the over/under will be for how long they stay active/committed using this site.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I sometimes save calories so I can drink a whole bottle of wine :s

It's already open, right?!

I scanned the barcode on a bottle of wine last week. It came up "serving size- 1/2 bottle", so I drank 1/2 the bottle.
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    love this as a teen i did the sweat it out thing and ive also not that long ago at the hot choc dry .but ate more then two teaspoons . i dont long days,i mess up .i havent been logging at all lately just because i dont want to be accountable .i will sometime soon but not now .
  • kellystjohn105
    kellystjohn105 Posts: 104 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I move my scale from room to room and weigh myself several times, like the floor will make a difference (linoleum, hardwood, ceramic tile). Sometimes I can get it down an ounce or two.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    my girlfriends and I have a weekly lunch date. I order salad, then we share the french fries. I never log the fries.
  • sdereski
    Options
    I sometimes save calories so I can drink a whole bottle of wine :s

*High 5 sister!* :D
  • sdereski
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    I've been reading this post for a couple of days and it keeps sucking me in so I figured it was time for my confession. I haven't posted anything on this site yet...so here's my very first MFP post!

I had gastric bypass surgery in February of 2008 at the starting weight of 283 lbs. I was able to get down to 156 with a goal weight of 150. Well, I was having a hard time losing those last 6 pounds to what I thought I should weigh and then started slowly gaining it back. Since that time I went through a divorce, not messy, but still sucked. I've also had my share of new relationships and heartbreaks and it seems like every heartbreak caused me to put more weight on. I'm now at 224 lbs as of this morning and I CANNOT believe I've let myself gain that much back! That's why I'm here. I've probably succeeded in reversing the surgery by eating so much. And no food is off-limits anymore. I am able to eat pretty much any food without suffering the consequences that I had after first having the surgery. No more "dumping" when something doesn't agree with me. I do notice that there are times that I feel full but nothing like it was in the first months after surgery.

My first goal is to get under 200 lbs. Then I'll figure out what weight I will be happy at and be able to maintain.

Also, I'm not big on exercising. I have the treadmill/clothes rack collecting dust in my bedroom. I'm in Wisconsin and hate the cold so walking outside does not appeal to me at all. I'd love to join the gym with a couple of friends from work and go with them at lunch to work out, but my finances will not allow me to do that either.

Thanks for reading. :smile:

I work in a health clinic and we offer a Bariatric Surgery Support Group. Prior to starting the group the Dietitian and Social Work did some work. The information they received from the Bariatric Surgery Clinics is this.....people will gain weight within 2-5 years after their surgery. They usually gain MOST of it back in that time frame - not all. They encourage people to think of it this way....had you not had that surgery, how much weight would you have continued to gain in those 2-5 years? Don't look at is a fail, it will happen and you are still lighter than you started and probably a whole lot lighter than if you had not had the surgery. Good luck to you!
  • apparatus195316
    apparatus195316 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am really, really mean to myself. I think horrible, angry things to make myself feel like crap in the hope that the guilt will keep me striving toward my goal.

It's a disgusting habit.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    i wear a waist cincher every day, for most of the day. Many say it doesn't work to help weight loss and waist training , many say it actually does work. Just had to try it for myself. 3 weeks after purchase and daily wear and i am using the second row of hooks. and i'm not dead and my organs haven't quit on me.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I am very OCD about the laundry. I never let anybody else in the house touch it. When my kids went off the college, I had no choice but to teach them to do the laundry. If my husband were to try to do laundry, I would probably come apart. We don't really argue about much of anything, but that's only because he's learned to leave the laundry alone.
  • altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My Christmas tree is still up.

LOL, Mine too!

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I don't like to eat lunch until I've had 24oz of water. This does not include the 22-33oz of tea I drink in the morning.

I also don't feel like I've had enough liquid if I don't pee by 10:30am.
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    I ate an entire sleeve of Girl Scout Trefoils this week! They were tasty.

My daughter is a girl scout and tomorrow I will be picking up all 300 boxes she sold. I will have 300 boxes of cookies in my house (thankfully only 10 mine). I think I will have a similar confession to make tomorrow night.
  • Altagracia220
    edited February 2015
    Options
    AshC1023 wrote: »
    If I eat garbage (like this morning, cupcakes for breakfast, ha!) I'll skimp on decent food not to bust over my calorie goal. Also, some days I don't eat all day, because I"m not hungry, but I"ll add in something on MFP so it doesn't complain about not getting enough.

OOh I hate when MFP judges me for not consuming all my calories for the day. haaha
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think someone else mentioned doing this as well... but I ate an entire 8 oz container of cream cheese ... with Hershey's coco powder mixed in on Saturday. I didn't think about it until after I logged it, and then I felt really bad. :)
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    out of curiosity one time i searched how many calories semen has on MFP food database
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

You are not alone! I HATE the sound the belly flop makes, and it makes it FAR too often.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    out of curiosity one time i searched how many calories semen has on MFP food database

unnamed-91.gif

And??? What was the answer? lol