Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TwinMom04
    TwinMom04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm getting hungry reading all of these.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    petunia773 wrote: »
    I've been reading this post for a couple of days and it keeps sucking me in so I figured it was time for my confession. I haven't posted anything on this site yet...so here's my very first MFP post!

I had gastric bypass surgery in February of 2008 at the starting weight of 283 lbs. I was able to get down to 156 with a goal weight of 150. Well, I was having a hard time losing those last 6 pounds to what I thought I should weigh and then started slowly gaining it back. Since that time I went through a divorce, not messy, but still sucked. I've also had my share of new relationships and heartbreaks and it seems like every heartbreak caused me to put more weight on. I'm now at 224 lbs as of this morning and I CANNOT believe I've let myself gain that much back! That's why I'm here. I've probably succeeded in reversing the surgery by eating so much. And no food is off-limits anymore. I am able to eat pretty much any food without suffering the consequences that I had after first having the surgery. No more "dumping" when something doesn't agree with me. I do notice that there are times that I feel full but nothing like it was in the first months after surgery.

My first goal is to get under 200 lbs. Then I'll figure out what weight I will be happy at and be able to maintain.

Also, I'm not big on exercising. I have the treadmill/clothes rack collecting dust in my bedroom. I'm in Wisconsin and hate the cold so walking outside does not appeal to me at all. I'd love to join the gym with a couple of friends from work and go with them at lunch to work out, but my finances will not allow me to do that either.

Thanks for reading. :smile:

I work in a health clinic and we offer a Bariatric Surgery Support Group. Prior to starting the group the Dietitian and Social Work did some work. The information they received from the Bariatric Surgery Clinics is this.....people will gain weight within 2-5 years after their surgery. They usually gain MOST of it back in that time frame - not all. They encourage people to think of it this way....had you not had that surgery, how much weight would you have continued to gain in those 2-5 years? Don't look at is a fail, it will happen and you are still lighter than you started and probably a whole lot lighter than if you had not had the surgery. Good luck to you!

Do they tell them this beforehand? That seems like information I would want before if I were thinking of making a decision like that. I'm pretty sure my sister in law thought she would be skinny forever and ever after having that?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am really, really mean to myself. I think horrible, angry things to make myself feel like crap in the hope that the guilt will keep me striving toward my goal.

It's a disgusting habit.

^This except the opposite.

I am really, really nice to myself. I think saccharine, pollyanna things to make myself feel great in the hope that the excitement will keep me striving toward my goal.

It's a disgusting habit.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    These make me feel so much better!

I ate half a yellow cake with chocolate icing on the weekend and only logged like one slice.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Also, my confession is that while I laugh at the "sugar addiction" threads, I too am addicted. I typically snort the easier stuff like powdered sugar or dextrose. But when I am desperate I have been known to reach the depths of snorting pixie stix. Once I even did some stevia. Never again.

I am not ashamed.

Laugh out loud, spit tea all over my monitor, snorted for a little bit and am still giggling every time I think of this post....

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    When I hear music now, my brain automatically will think "this would be a good pole song" or "nope, I don't want to pole to this song."
  • nerakire
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.
    Oh.... I hear ya, I have been known to polish off half a jar of pb while standing in front of my cupboard and using only my fingers...that stuff is the most delicious of dangerous substances and I cannot be trusted near it
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

I work in a health clinic and we offer a Bariatric Surgery Support Group. Prior to starting the group the Dietitian and Social Work did some work. The information they received from the Bariatric Surgery Clinics is this.....people will gain weight within 2-5 years after their surgery. They usually gain MOST of it back in that time frame - not all. They encourage people to think of it this way....had you not had that surgery, how much weight would you have continued to gain in those 2-5 years? Don't look at is a fail, it will happen and you are still lighter than you started and probably a whole lot lighter than if you had not had the surgery. Good luck to you!

I don't know anybody who has had bariatric surgery who has maintained the loss. Honestly, I question how ethical it is for surgeons to offer it as an option.

My confession: It REALLY pisses me off when people assume that I have had weight loss surgery. Apparently an ex-boyfriend of mine has been telling people that I did this--goodness did I see red when I heard that.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I under log exercise and over log food. Walk/jog for 30 minutes and burn 200+ calories? I only log about 60. Sometimes I eat them back, sometimes I don't.
    Ate a serving of sour cream for 35 calories? I'll log 40, even though I weighed it.
    All of this is done just in case there's error in my calorie calculating. I'm always pleasantly surprised at the end of the week (I still lose my 2 pounds a week, so this is nothing detrimental).
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

me too!!! I just change underwear and socks!

• exlibrissilvio
    exlibrissilvio Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I was in High School, I was thin. But, still...when I would feel fat (and this is before men's compression shirts), I would use packing tape and "tape down" the areas I felt were protruding. It looked good on the outside, but when I'd go home, I'd have blisters. :(
  • ciacyrus29
    ciacyrus29 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a piece of candy or something and not log it into my journal especially when I'm stressed or having an emotional breakdown.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    junestarrr wrote: »
    I hop on the scale every. single. time after using the bathroom at home.

For shame.

But do you hop on before, so you know how much you lost? ;)

That's what I wanted to know!!!
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I sometimes save calories so I can drink a whole bottle of wine :s

On the weekends, the only reason I work out is so I can drink wine. lol
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    out of curiosity one time i searched how many calories semen has on MFP food database

unnamed-91.gif

And??? What was the answer? lol

You should google Nutrition value of human semen - interesting facts there! LOL! It has a little protien in it. and 0.7 calories in "one load".

How many grams is a load?

I dunno, lemme grab my food scale. BRB...

You're a VERY funny man :-D

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    out of curiosity one time i searched how many calories semen has on MFP food database

unnamed-91.gif

You should google Nutrition value of human semen - interesting facts there! LOL! It has a little protien in it. and 0.7 calories in "one load".

You're a VERY funny man :-D

Don't think he is back yet! ; )
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

unnamed-91.gif

unnamed-91.gif

unnamed-91.gif

giphy.gif
  • itsareeej__
    itsareeej__ Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    last week I had an entire box of pizza and I felt really shameful after so I decided to throw up (not that I binge eat EVER)
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I was in High School, I was thin. But, still...when I would feel fat (and this is before men's compression shirts), I would use packing tape and "tape down" the areas I felt were protruding. It looked good on the outside, but when I'd go home, I'd have blisters. :(

Hugs for your younger self. I admit I do not really think of men having body issues, especially in high school. Like school wasn't hard enough to get through.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

I don't know anybody who has had bariatric surgery who has maintained the loss. Honestly, I question how ethical it is for surgeons to offer it as an option.

My confession: It REALLY pisses me off when people assume that I have had weight loss surgery. Apparently an ex-boyfriend of mine has been telling people that I did this--goodness did I see red when I heard that.

I know one person who has (sort of), out of five I know who've had it done.

He did actually gain most of the weight back, but then took the bull by the horns, fixed his diet, picked up his old training and dropped it all again. He's maintained for about 5 years now. Personally, I don't think it really counts as a win for bariatric surgery. It was a temporary fix.

My confession: I had some trouble after the holidays keeping on track, though I'm doing OK now. It was the aftermath of being sick, plus I couldn't exercise. I tried to keep the eating in line with being sedentary, but had a hard time scaling back 500+ cals a day. Especially since eating made my sore throat feel better.

Ended up eating half a pan of brownies one night. They weren't even good - just there. And for some reason the over-sweet taste and taffy/chewy texture was way more appealing than it would normally be. Finally threw out the rest of the pan so I couldn't get another. Ridiculous. At least I didn't go for the Speculoos spread. Probably would have eaten the whole jar.