How do you get rid of toxins?

Options

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I miss this part of MFP so bad. This thread gives me a sad...
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    I'm not even sure "toxins" means in this context. I hear the phrase but I'm not sure what its referring to. Sugar is a toxin to me (yes it is, don't bother arguing, it can kill me = toxin) but I just eat very minimal amounts.

Anything is a toxin if you only consider whether "it can kill me" without accounting for dosage. Water can kill you if you drink enough of it it a short enough time period.

I'm diabetic, which is why I made the sugar reference. The other "toxins" being referred to, I have no idea what they are, why they need removed, or how they got there.

Gotcha. I thought you might be referring to a medical issue, but when you said don't bother arguing, I thought you were bringing up the endless "sugar is the debil" debate.

No, lol. I detest that debate. And it may not be the devil but cutting it out can be h@!!.

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I think the Reiki "healers" are some of the most derpiest of the holistic, alternate "medicine crowd."

Let me put my hands on you and heal you.

lulz

My MIL is a Reiki Master..... she sends her healing energy to me long distance, from NJ to Alabama.
    :s:p:p:p
    As long as she stays up north, I'm good. B)
    lol. Oh boy, you should bill her for when any of her magic fails. :p
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    I miss this part of MFP so bad. This thread gives me a sad...

Don't be sad. Be in for the funny replies!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    moijo705 wrote: »
    green tea.. liquorice root tea.. lemon tea and apple and cranberry juice. Recommended by my Docs.

let me guess you go to a naturepath ...??? or whatever they are called/spelled...

srs question. Is that the same as a homeopathic?

Naturopaths usually practice homeopathy, as well as a lot of other pseudoscientific practices. My sister-in-law saw one who hooked her up to a machine that he claimed would shoot energy through her body and allow the spirits to tell him what was wrong with her. So. :indifferent:

Ahh- thank you for the explination...

....And I really hope it wasn't a high voltage of electricity... :#

Did you know that high voltage is less fatal than low voltage? Low voltage shocks are most likely to cause defib of the heart, which is very difficult to correct since your heart is still beating, but not well enough to keep you alive. High volt shocks are more likely to temporarily stop your heart, at which point your heart is more likely to resume natural rhythm on it's own. Learned it in my one electrical engineering class and I was shocked (get it)! Note: I'm not talking lighting strikes here...
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know I'm responding to a post written 4 years ago, but I've been doing a lot of research for my own personal well-being lately and have discovered so much great info I'd like to share. :smiley:

I've learned that raw undistilled apple cider vinegar has amazing health benefits, including detoxing the liver and kidneys which are the organs that filter all of the bad stuff out of your body. I add about a teaspoon/cap full to my 24oz water bottle every morning, along with a couple of drops of doTerra lemon essential oil (this brand is therapeutic food grade; safe for ingestion and very beneficial). The combo tastes like strong lemon water once you get used to it.

I've also recently learned that the goopy quality of the aloe plant (and also from crushed chia seeds that are soaked in water) is amazing for detoxifying. The gel from these natural sources clings to toxins within your G.I. tract and pulls them along and out, instead of allowing them to be reabsorbed by the intestines. They're virtually tasteless and are a perfect addition to smoothies.

If you have a Netflix account, I recommend watching a documentary called "Hungry for Change" ... It is a wealth of information on natural weight loss and detoxification. It made me feel like there is hope for me again! There is also a website of the same name if you can't access the video (or in addition to) with loads of wonderful health-related articles. I wish the very best of luck to anyone who reads this!

5US.gif
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    So this "bad stuff" that I need to remove from my body...is it poop? I bet it's poop.

I spoke with someone on here who adamantly believed that poo and water weight were "toxins."

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've also recently learned that the goopy quality of the aloe plant (and also from crushed chia seeds that are soaked in water) is amazing for detoxifying. The gel from these natural sources clings to toxins within your G.I. tract and pulls them along and out, instead of allowing them to be reabsorbed by the intestines.
    I love this claim. So goopy things draw toxins. I'm going to try that with some axel grease on my skin.

If fails to draw any "toxins" I can always swim the English Channel.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    moijo705 wrote: »
    green tea.. liquorice root tea.. lemon tea and apple and cranberry juice. Recommended by my Docs.

let me guess you go to a naturepath ...??? or whatever they are called/spelled...

srs question. Is that the same as a homeopathic?

Naturopaths usually practice homeopathy, as well as a lot of other pseudoscientific practices. My sister-in-law saw one who hooked her up to a machine that he claimed would shoot energy through her body and allow the spirits to tell him what was wrong with her. So. :indifferent:

Ahh- thank you for the explination...

....And I really hope it wasn't a high voltage of electricity... :#

Did you know that high voltage is less fatal than low voltage? Low voltage shocks are most likely to cause defib of the heart, which is very difficult to correct since your heart is still beating, but not well enough to keep you alive. High volt shocks are more likely to temporarily stop your heart, at which point your heart is more likely to resume natural rhythm on it's own. Learned it in my one electrical engineering class and I was shocked (get it)! Note: I'm not talking lighting strikes here...

This doesn't bode well for my future of frequent Repetitive Nerve Stimulation diagnostic tests. :s

:laugh:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who noticed this post was from 2011?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    bunnypancake_zpscd0af577.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    redheaddee wrote: »
    Am I the only one who noticed this post was from 2011?

No, but for once it was actually bumped by the OP instead of a random person who did a search.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options

Get a massage therapist who isn't full of crap?

I'd say that's your best bet.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Velum_cado wrote: »

Get a massage therapist who isn't full of crap?

Because he/she cleaned out all of his/her toxins...amirite? :)

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    How about toxin bingo?
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I want everyone to know I just cleared out some toxins.

I feel a couple pounds lighter.

We need pictures or it didn't happen.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a Fun Day in MFP land.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    I want everyone to know I just cleared out some toxins.

I feel a couple pounds lighter.

We need pictures or it didn't happen.

OUT

:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.