Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I never look at people's food diaries. I could care less what people eat. If it works for you, then have at it. I'd never judge someone for eating 12 donuts or 6 pies or whatever. I can drink a gallon of wine or a case of beer like nobody's business so no judging from me. :smile:

QFT
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    32daisies wrote: »
    Another: if I I see someone consistently logging "1 serving of chicken (3 oz)", I give it the side-eye. Did you *really* only eat 3 ounces of chicken, or did you just eat a chicken breast (which can be anywhere from 9 to 12 ounces) and call it one serving?

(of course, if you're doing that and losing anyhow, eh, have at it, I guess.)

I always weigh mine. Normally I take a chicken breast, pound it, and cut it in half and make a meal for my hubby too. So if it's my log, I promise it's right.

Oh the other thing, if I know a quarter cup is 28g, I'll weigh out the grams but just log it as the quarter cup since most of the food items are in there that way and its a pain to find the entry with grams sometimes.
  • BodyByButter
    Options
    megsb1991 wrote: »
    I stand on the scales completely and utterly starkers. You never know, my clothing could be suppperrr heavy. I also once tried to tye my hair up to see if it made a difference....
    )

Same here.. right out of bed, after using the bathroom, no clothes, before eating or drinking anything.

Doesn't everybody? ;)

I have to wear my glasses or I can't read the number. :)
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I never look at people's food diaries. I could care less what people eat. If it works for you, then have at it. I'd never judge someone for eating 12 donuts or 6 pies or whatever. I can drink a gallon of wine or a case of beer like nobody's business so no judging from me. :smile:

I don't look, either. I also don't "Like" posts when people complete their day and are under their calorie goal. I'd have to actually take the time to make sure they weren't way under (because I don't want to support someone's VLC choice), and who's got time for that *kitten*?

The only diary complete posts I "Like" are the ones where people exceeded their goal. I feel like I'm rewarding their integrity.

I guess I'm just really curious, because I always look at people's diaries before I like them. I do have a few friends who are crazy under their calorie goals on a consistent basis, to the point where I wonder if I should say something. I just don't know what to say.
  • BodyByButter
    Options
    rschluet wrote: »
    I have a healthier understanding of money then I do calories. For this reason I see each calorie as some type of monetary value that can be used to "purchase" food items through out the day. In order to get the most "bang" out of my buck I check my foods to see if I am getting enough nutrition for the cost of the item just like I would if I was buying a new computer or something. Sometimes when I want to buy something frivolous (cookies!) I grab a side job of exercise to keep me from going into debt. It's become such a weird habit that I have taken to telling my husband "I don't have enough money for that" when he asks if I want to eat something.

I do this too. I always eat all of what I log because I figure I "billed" for it and damn well will eat it.

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    megsb1991 wrote: »
    I stand on the scales completely and utterly starkers. You never know, my clothing could be suppperrr heavy. I also once tried to tye my hair up to see if it made a difference....
    )

Same here.. right out of bed, after using the bathroom, no clothes, before eating or drinking anything.

Doesn't everybody? ;)

I have to wear my glasses or I can't read the number. :)

That's why I always put in my contacts first!
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

I once had a MFP friend who commented every single day with suggestions on better food choices. I hated that. I had to delete her. I don't mind it once in a while if I'm eating 6 pies every single day or something, but c'mon! I was paying a dietitian at the time, I didn't need the extra "help".

I never use a food scale. I always just guesstimate. I do own a food scale and have used it on occasion, just not regularly. I'm still consistently losing, so I'm not worried about it yet.

Quite frankly I find it sofa king tedious to track every single bite. My diary is not accurate by any stretch of the imagination. I would hate having someone making all sorts of suggestions unless of course I ask. I don't do well with unsolicited opinions or advice. Let me ask before chiming in with judgemental suggestions.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    [quote="

Hell, I don't even like to wear my glasses on the scale. Of course, I can't read the display without them.

UUGGGHHH! And all this time I have been wearing my glasses :s [/quote]

Some mornings, I put my contacts in pre-shower so I can scrape off a few grams by not wearing glasses and still read the display...
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    30.3% of my calories yesterday came from alcohol. And this morning was an awesome weigh-in. No regrets.
  • DammitErika
    DammitErika Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ^
    This guy. B)
  • JSurita2
    Options

I don't look, either. I also don't "Like" posts when people complete their day and are under their calorie goal. I'd have to actually take the time to make sure they weren't way under (because I don't want to support someone's VLC choice), and who's got time for that *kitten*?

The only diary complete posts I "Like" are the ones where people exceeded their goal. I feel like I'm rewarding their integrity.

Exactly! Who's got that kind of time.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    rschluet wrote: »
    I have a healthier understanding of money then I do calories. For this reason I see each calorie as some type of monetary value that can be used to "purchase" food items through out the day. In order to get the most "bang" out of my buck I check my foods to see if I am getting enough nutrition for the cost of the item just like I would if I was buying a new computer or something. Sometimes when I want to buy something frivolous (cookies!) I grab a side job of exercise to keep me from going into debt. It's become such a weird habit that I have taken to telling my husband "I don't have enough money for that" when he asks if I want to eat something.

I kind of love this.
  • DammitErika
    DammitErika Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to the gym in about a week now, because I hate going alone. So rather than just do something..like, idk..walk around the neighborhood or go for a hike, I've been playing WoW for several hours a day.
  • mistyloveslife
    mistyloveslife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would like to confess that I like tincanonastring's beard. It's fascinating! My husband just shaved his off... Maybe that's where the beard envy comes from. Who knows. lol
  • BlazeJay83
    BlazeJay83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like turtles.
  • walker306
    walker306 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Haha! I love this! You are my new best friend! I was looking for something sweet the other night as well...and there was nothing in the house. So I made cookie dough and ate it! I could shoot myself!
  • JSurita2
    Options
    undergloom wrote: »
    30.3% of my calories yesterday came from alcohol. And this morning was an awesome weigh-in. No regrets.

Superstar!!! :smiley:
  • clairebelle222
    clairebelle222 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had a few friends from out of town this weekend, my diet basically consisted of pizza and wine, cheese and crackers...and i still managed to lose 1 pound...i'm kinda confused
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I wear two shirts to exercise no matter how hot it is because I can't stand my stomach bouncing up and down. And I won't exercise in shorts. :'(
    Just the results of having gained and lost 100+ pounds several times in my life and having a child. Lots of excess skin around my middle and on my upper thighs. Too much jiggle in my wiggle. lol :p
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm going over my calories, I don't log it