Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My mom has always looked down on over weight people and sees gaining weight as a sign of weakness and laziness. She's always been rough on me for having weight problems, but then would tell me I could never be skinny because I was meant to be overweight, it's my body type. Well, I've lost 58 pounds and she's easily gained 40 pounds in this last year. She's 5'1. I feel smug, happy that she isn't immune to weight gain. Part of me wants to ask her if she wants my clothes that are too big now. Still waiting for her to say something nice about my weight loss or at least acknowledge that I've gotten healthier. Let's just say I won't be holding my breath.
  • sennah11021102
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week
    I binged last night on half a pint and coke... Coke is what really does me in. It's almost an addiction.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    ^ My grandma was like that. She has a hard time gaining weight and she would ask me, "I can't seem to gain weight, what do you eat, Amber?" And I wasn't even overweight at the time!
  • ScalySquash50
    Options
    Bought my wedding dress yesterday and used that as an excuse to throw myself off the wagon. Humpty Dumpty cheese sticks (honestly I could live of them. Seriously snack food of the gods!), Lays original chips, beer, and today I made brownies. No regrets, just indigestion.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    schelly81 wrote: »
    My mom has always looked down on over weight people and sees gaining weight as a sign of weakness and laziness. She's always been rough on me for having weight problems, but then would tell me I could never be skinny because I was meant to be overweight, it's my body type. Well, I've lost 58 pounds and she's easily gained 40 pounds in this last year. She's 5'1. I feel smug, happy that she isn't immune to weight gain. Part of me wants to ask her if she wants my clothes that are too big now. Still waiting for her to say something nice about my weight loss or at least acknowledge that I've gotten healthier. Let's just say I won't be holding my breath.

What you should do is go buy an article of clothing that is to big for you, but not big enough for her. Then give it to her as your big clothes, and watch her struggle to button it.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

What you should do is go buy an article of clothing that is to big for you, but not big enough for her. Then give it to her as your big clothes, and watch her struggle to button it.

stash-1-50b678c69b7ed.jpeg

I can't help where my mind goes
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    My grandson's 7th birthday is tomorrow. The whole famdamily is going to Casa Bonita's for dinner. I'm SERIOUSLY considering faking illness to be able to get out of it. I just don't wanna deal with the food choices :/

Oh dear. It's not even good. Ick. But the kids love it.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

s2zg1qc.jpg
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I admire your ability to hold your tongue thus far. In a world where people have some introspection, she would be feeling a bit bad now about how she treated you before now that she knows how it feels to be overweight. Ideally, she'd come clean and apologize. If she's like some people, though, she is really annoyed that roles have reversed and is dreading the moment you point it out. I had the same situation with my mom and sister, but never pointed it out because I knew their reaction would be to go on the offensive with teeth and claws out.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    ^ My grandma was like that. She has a hard time gaining weight and she would ask me, "I can't seem to gain weight, what do you eat, Amber?" And I wasn't even overweight at the time!

I'm sorry but that made me LOL. I can just imagine... I mean, how do you answer that?

55835802.png

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I am totally going over on my diary today and the Thai food dinner is completely worth it!!!
  • ScalySquash50
    Options

Everytime my fiancé and I would go to his grandmother's for family gatherings, she would rub his belly, look me right in the eye and say "You really must feed him well!" Pissed me off so much.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    ^ My grandma was like that. She had a hard time gaining weight and she would ask me, "I can't seem to gain weight, what do you eat, Amber?" And I wasn't even overweight at the time!

I'm sorry but that made me LOL. I can just imagine... I mean, how do you answer that?

55835802.png

I loved her so much. She was a hilarious b... and she knew it.

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options

My grandma used to try and give her bigger clothes to my mother saying whatever item "was a mile too big for her". Used to totally tick my mom off. THEN, after my mom lost weight she started doing the same thing to ME! "Honey, do you want these jeans?" and add in "I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings?" Grrrrrr. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I blame Dean Winchester for making me have Chinese yesterday. I always get mad cravings when I watch Supernatural...

I get mad cravings too, but not for food....:).

• farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I finally thought I was one of those people who could have 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and be done with it. I've learned that sadly I'm not. I brought home a Costco size jar of the stuff last week and finished it off yesterday. A whole jar in one week. Gross, yet so satisfying. Peanut butter is now banished. I'm back on track and over it.
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter being high calorie is one of the cruelest things ever. The day I learned that I could eat it straight from the jar (thanks Dee from What's Happening) was the best and worst day of my life.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I live with someone who is a "clean eater" who bought Velveeta and has been pushing me to eat some "so the block doesn't go to waste." Had my first serving in an omelet tonight . . .there was maybe half the block gone. Probably eaten over the sink in the dark.

Calorie-wise, it's better than organic raw-milk cheddar by 40/gram. Works for my way of eating.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    sshepro wrote: »
    I secretly get happy when I see a friend or foe gain weight. I'm an awful person.

It's okay- we can be awful people together. I had a secret moment of happiness when I finally weighed less than the rest of my family.

Same! My goal is to get thin enough that my sister will stop stealing my pants. (Every time she comes goes back to college my clothes disappear with her -_-)
  • rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I peed during my workout yesterday and kept working out, hoping no one would notice...