Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I bought some rollerblades at the thrift store yesterday. I told my Mom I was going to try them out in her neighborhood before helping her with something. She was not pleased and told me I'd likely hurt myself.

I put them on before she got home and started off. Two seconds later I was rolling right for the curb with no clue how to stop, just as she rounded the corner in her truck. So of course she saw my inglorious faceplant, and there were plentiful and smug 'I told you so's' as I unbuckled the wretched things and walked back to the yard in my socks.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    There is someone who very obviously from his attitude doesn't like me very much. He has a problem and there's a very easy solution to it. So I've suggested the solution to him and I keep on reminding him of that solution just because I know that he won't try it but will spend money and effort on other solutions that don't work and will still have the problem. . .

I really need to get my St. Francis of Assisi Prayer out and start saying it occasionally again.

I feel really sadistic and mean now that I've said it out loud.
  • stephaniels0416
    stephaniels0416 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a grandma one. My family isn't a hugging family, but my grandma would hug so she could use it as an excuse to squeeze my fat. I was in the middle of my healthy weight range and a size 8, but she was "you're grandpa's hands could fit around my waist and touch" tiny when she was young, so she thought I should be too. Never mind that she was no longer anywhere near that small herself.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the titles of spam posts. I copy and paste some of them in my MFP blog for later.
  • ebtaylor137
    ebtaylor137 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Speaking of grandmas, when I went to horse camp as a teenager, it was a week long and I'd been before, someone asked me about the physical exertion of it all, and I told them it was hard on Monday through Wednesday, Wednesday was the worst, but by Thursday and Friday you'd gotten used to it. Someone else asked my grandma what I was talking about and she said, "Being fat." :s

(What does that even mean? Why would I have to adjust to the physical exertion of being fat every week? I was athletic and wasn't even really fat then, just on the large size of healthy... Why was she always trying to feed me junk if she thought I was fat?!)
  • whitters05
    whitters05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kontxesi wrote: »
    My confessions:

1) When it comes to discipline, I am aces at getting my butt to the gym pretty much every day of the weak. But when it comes to food, I fall woefully short. I feel as though I fell off a cliff starting with the holidays. Pizza and brownie batter have become my Saturday evening staples. :'(:'(:'(

When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)

Terrible contribution, but I scoop brownie mix out of the box and just add a bit of water and enjoy. The bag last several servings and it tastes just as good with less calories! It helps limit me a bit, but is still terrible for me!!!

As for confessions, I hate the new fad where women who are pretty overweight call themselves curvy. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely in this bucket and I think it's important to feel comfortable in the skin you're in. But it seems like they're trying to sell being overweight/obese and make it an ideal.
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I ate Pop Tarts last night. Strawberry.

So did I! The frosted ones. Then I ate a pudding cup too. I told myself it was all ok since it was within my calorie goal, but felt a little bad when MFP shamed me about the amount of carbs I'd consumed for the day.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Chocolate on my strawberries for breakfast, vegan gummy bears for lunch... at least I'm planning to have a healthy dinner (steamed broccoli and chocolate do not go together, so I'm safe.) And that's not even mentioning the giant bowl of granola at 3 AM last night.
    It's valentine's day, I'm allowed!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    whitters05 wrote: »
    My confessions:

1) When it comes to discipline, I am aces at getting my butt to the gym pretty much every day of the weak. But when it comes to food, I fall woefully short. I feel as though I fell off a cliff starting with the holidays. Pizza and brownie batter have become my Saturday evening staples. :'(:'(:'(

When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)

Terrible contribution, but I scoop brownie mix out of the box and just add a bit of water and enjoy. The bag last several servings and it tastes just as good with less calories! It helps limit me a bit, but is still terrible for me!!!

As for confessions, I hate the new fad where women who are pretty overweight call themselves curvy. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely in this bucket and I think it's important to feel comfortable in the skin you're in. But it seems like they're trying to sell being overweight/obese and make it an ideal.

I am naturally extremely curvy when I am at a normal weight and I have friends who say they are "curvy" when they mean they have gained a bunch of weight. Burns my biscuits!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I get curvier the more weight I lose...but I know what you mean!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I ate Italian sausage, Super Pretzel mozzerella bites, and bacon/cheese potato skins after my workout (all proper servings) and it was wonderful. I did include a cup of veggies. Going to have chocolate-covered strawberries and cherries later. Yum.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    whitters05 wrote: »
    My confessions:

I am naturally extremely curvy when I am at a normal weight and I have friends who say they are "curvy" when they mean they have gained a bunch of weight. Burns my biscuits!

When I was fat, I thought I was a large framed, hourglass figure. Turns out I have a very slight frame, and more of an olive oyl thing goin' on

Edited to add, I was a size 16 with 38 dd's.... Now I am a size zero in a damn training bra from the kids department. Lol.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I had a wisdom tooth out on Friday. Once i could eat on Saturday, i ate chicken nuggets, cheese, Chinese and beer. Anyone would have thought i hadn't eaten in a month, not a day. now I'm hungover and bloated.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just quick added 350 calories because I don't want to admit I had yet another big serving of ice cream.

ETA: oh hell. I ate a whole pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. It doesn't count on Valentine's day right?
  • jcvalleau
    Options
    I anthropomorphise the desire to eat as a an angry little monster that lives inside me. When losing weight I mentally tell him to shut up and starve.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I had a wisdom tooth out on Friday. Once i could eat on Saturday, i ate chicken nuggets, cheese, Chinese and beer. Anyone would have thought i hadn't eaten in a month, not a day. now I'm hungover and bloated.
    I tried drinking wine to avoid a binge, alas ended up binging anyway.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I tried drinking wine to avoid a binge, alas ended up binging anyway.

Heck I drink tea to avoid binges. It doesn't work either. Honestly I feel that nothing can stop my binges when I'm in that mood, and I should just go and eat what I'm craving right away, otherwise I just end up eating more because of what I ate to avoid the binge too!
  • Dionysos4
    Dionysos4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've screwed up again. Spending St Valentine's Day alone is not very fun. So I got hammered , ate as much I could, and just said 'why bother'. Because really, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Even if everything goes well for us and we lose the weight we want to lose, we are still alone with no-one to love us. Sometimes, the only friends that someone has are the substances that are slowly killing them.
  • ScalySquash50
    Options
    djmclay4 wrote: »
    I've screwed up again. Spending St Valentine's Day alone is not very fun. So I got hammered , ate as much I could, and just said 'why bother'. Because really, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Even if everything goes well for us and we lose the weight we want to lose, we are still alone with no-one to love us. Sometimes, the only friends that someone has are the substances that are slowly killing them.

I think the trick is you need to love yourself. This weight loss shouldn't be about anyone else. You are worth it. F**** being single or in a relationship. You matter. Never forget that.
  • Cookylela
    Options
    After being good and eating healthy all day...........I binge at night,like right before i go to sleep. I'm trying to eat protein at night but many days I just blow it all on diet ice cream bars!!!! Just to go to sleep........so frustrated. I feel so stupid and out of control!!