Kim- LW 202.4, CW 199.4, loss of 3 lbs
    Rachel-LW 258, CW 256.8 loss of 1.2 this week
    Nikole LW 231.5lbs CW 228.2 lbs loss of 3,3lbs this week
    David LW 232.0 CW 230.2 Loss of 1.8 lbs this week
    Kimberly LW 135 CW 134 Loss of 1 lb.
    Amy CW 111.5 maintaining
    Susan LW 170.4 CW 170.2 loss of .2
    Aurelina, LW 169.8, CW 167.8 Loss of 2lbs

Wow Kim and Nikole!! And congrats to everyone for keeping focus!
  • katyrose221
    katyrose221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pam LW 189.8 , CW 188 -1.8 this week
    Stephanie - LW 136.5, CW 136.5 - 0.0 this week
    Amy CW 111.5 maintaining
    Katy, LW 146.5, CW 145.5, loss of 1lbs this week
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have a question. I seemed to have done a horrible thing and forgotten about 4 t-bones wrapped in paper from the butcher, from my family's ranch, and it has been two years. Should I donate them for animal feed or marinate and give it a try? Has anyone else had experience with frozen meat that was frozen longer than recommended? My understanding is that it might not taste good, but is not harmful. I feel terrible about wasting it, but I never had an opportunity to defrost all that meat at once...
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    Great job on the losses!

I'm not weighing in-
    but I have kept up exercising at least 30 min everyday.

And I feel pretty darn good.
    And pretty darn tan.
    Thank you Mr. Sun...
    It only takes me a couple noon hour jogs to get nice and brown :)
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I have squash too that I've got to cook tonight for sure. I love this time of year for grilling. Satisfies my inner cavewoman.

Have no clue what I'm cooking tonight, though. It's very cold here today for this time of year, so inside cooking for sure. What a drag.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I have a question. I seemed to have done a horrible thing and forgotten about 4 t-bones wrapped in paper from the butcher, from my family's ranch, and it has been two years. Should I donate them for animal feed or marinate and give it a try? Has anyone else had experience with frozen meat that was frozen longer than recommended? My understanding is that it might not taste good, but is not harmful. I feel terrible about wasting it, but I never had an opportunity to defrost all that meat at once...

I'm not sure :(
  • MissKim
    Options
    Recommended refrigeration times Product Can refrigerate for: Can freeze for:
    Bacon 7 days 1 month
    Beef, ground 1 to 2 days 3 to 4 months
    Beef, steaks and roasts 3 to 5 days 6 to 12 months

found this on the internet?
  • MissKim
    Options
    anybody else weighing in before I announce the winner of the week???
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Leave it out maybe the raccoons will eat it?!
  • MissKim
    Options
    Okay Y'all, I have the new spreadsheet posted on the website, looks like I'm the person with the highest percentage this week. Nikole was right behind me with a 1.4% loss this week!! (mine was 1.5%)

So I get to choose...

I'm going to say that for the next 7 days I challenge everyone to log in their food and exercise. I realize this may not even apply to some of you (if you choose not to do that at all) and I also realize this might not be a problem for some (if you are already a superhero at this) so this is just for the ones that are slacking in this area. Me included. I know I slack at it. I have no excuses. So join me if your willing!!!

http://nograinnopain.weebly.com/member-list-and-weigh-ins.html
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Marlinedorcinvil Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Amy CW 111.5 maintaining
    Marline LW 196, CW 196, no loss :-(

Mothers day knocked me right back out of ketosis. But I'm back on track now.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Amy CW 111.5 maintaining

Great job everyone!! Great challenge for the week Kim. I have been lazy about filling out my food diary. My computer is soooo freakin slow right now, but I should still be doing it everyday.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Another reason why Paleo rocks! I just read an article that a woman with MS decided to go Paleo and work out and it has halted the progress of her MS!! Amazing right??? Here's the link to the article if you want to check it out:

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20110416/COLUMNIST/110419739/1004?Title=Here-Now-Paleo-diet-intense-workouts-halt-progress-of-MS-
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you all have room for one more, but I read the book, drank the grokade, and plan on getting as close to this type of living as possible. Not sure (even though I read the last week or so of posts) how this works, but last week I was 258lbs. On Monday morning, 253.2lbs. this was only 3 days in following most of the suggested items in PB.

I am looking for peeps to keep me in line.. Feel free to add me!

Matt
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kim Great work! Nice challenge ...

Welcome Twin wolf!
    Feel free to join the Paleo/Primal group here-http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/232749-palelo-support-group?page=6#posts-3137149

Thanks for sharing Soozie that link!
  • linsben
    linsben Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Amy CW 111.5 maintaining
    Linsben LW 165, CW 160.6- loss of 4.5 lbs this week
  • MissKim
    Options
    Not sure if you all have room for one more, but I read the book, drank the grokade, and plan on getting as close to this type of living as possible. Not sure (even though I read the last week or so of posts) how this works, but last week I was 258lbs. On Monday morning, 253.2lbs. this was only 3 days in following most of the suggested items in PB.

I am looking for peeps to keep me in line.. Feel free to add me!

Matt

you already are on the list, you signed up when i started it! I added your new weight to the list! and changed your starting weight to match what you gave me! just come weigh in every tuesday! Good Luck! and Great Loss!
  • donnamariemoon
    Options
    Another reason why Paleo rocks! I just read an article that a woman with MS decided to go Paleo and work out and it has halted the progress of her MS!! Amazing right??? Here's the link to the article if you want to check it out:

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20110416/COLUMNIST/110419739/1004?Title=Here-Now-Paleo-diet-intense-workouts-halt-progress-of-MS-

This is so interesting. I was just reading another thread called "sugar = poison" which has a link to a pretty interesting video and the whole thread got me thinking about all the benefits of this way of eating. Part of what I wrote and want to share are the benefits of low carb eating and I wonder others in the group would like to share what are the main benefits they have found in this way of eating?

Here are mine: To lose weight I tried dropping carbs to the Atkins "Induction" level which is 20g per day or less. Well, thanks to MFP and logging my foods I see that is about impossible (for me). On any given day from fruits and veggies I am consuming between 50 - 100g of sugar/carbohydrates.

Even though it's higher than the Atkins level and I don't think I've been in ketosis, the benefits I have gotten from this drop are out of this world and NOT what I expected. I expected weight loss and I got that - 14 lbs so far. What I didn't expect and got: more muscle definition, total disappearance of lifelong acne, level, stable, happy mood, increased energy, less joint pain, increased endurance in workouts (this took awhile as the first month I was fatigued), shinier hair, softer skin, less PMS and monthly issues and total disappearance of persistent candida/yeast issues. I have been on this way of eating for 3 months and these are the results I have seen. And I am not drastic - I usually eat one serving of fruit a day and often eat a TLC granola bar, not to mention I don't limit veggies at all.

What are your benefits? :-)
  • donnamariemoon
    Options
    Okay Y'all, I have the new spreadsheet posted on the website, looks like I'm the person with the highest percentage this week. Nikole was right behind me with a 1.4% loss this week!! (mine was 1.5%)

So I get to choose...

I'm going to say that for the next 7 days I challenge everyone to log in their food and exercise. I realize this may not even apply to some of you (if you choose not to do that at all) and I also realize this might not be a problem for some (if you are already a superhero at this) so this is just for the ones that are slacking in this area. Me included. I know I slack at it. I have no excuses. So join me if your willing!!!

http://nograinnopain.weebly.com/member-list-and-weigh-ins.html
    I like the challenge. I have become kind of addicted to logging the foods and exercise, it is really helping me. Sometimes if I was maybe planning to not work out (like today) but then have a higher cal breakfast or lunch and can see the green number getting smaller, I end up exercising anyway. I see that as a really good thing. Once you build the habit it is easy. Also I like running the reports at the end of a week. So count me in for logging food and exercise! :-)
    Donna
    P.S. I didn't lose in time for the weigh in yesterday but was down to 149 today - 1.5 from last week.
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I started eating way more saturated fat and meat last April (2010) and all kinds of positive things happened for me, overall joint and body pain gone and my feet got stronger. They were messed up for years after I had my last babe at 41. I'm an autoimmune insulin resistance person. I did Zero Carb for three months and and felt fantastic, but didn't lose weight. I felt so damn good though. But I got sidetracked when I went to Europe in the summer. Eventually I started eating wheat, too much fruit, and Belgium chocolate (omg!!) oh and nectar of the gods red wine.... packed on 10 pounds. And things started hurting - oh yes. But below here are my serum results at 190 lbs in the fall after eating gobs of meat and fat since April (but not counting calories). Just to support our confirmation bias :bigsmile: I'm about 5' 5" My lean mass is about 114 - 118lbs. I'm down to 167lbs now (Happy Dance!) and holding fairly steady on my lean mass. I started counting calories in March and went back to primal-ish-y living for lack of a better term. I have to do that - whatever that internal ticker is for some... mine seems wonked. Still actively loving red wine.

Screenshot20110511b.jpg?w=ac7bf83d

Morning blood sugar
    Screenshot20110511.jpg?w=b4bc8606

Until I figure out how to insert (damn) here are the direct links.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/blood levels/Screenshot20110511b.jpg?w=ac7bf83d
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/blood levels/Screenshot20110511.jpg?w=b4bc8606

frig!!