Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    But she's a nutritionist!

yea, I saw that…

*sure*

so far I am up to page ten …this thread rocks...

I believe she's a nutritionist. Because being a "nutritionist" means absolutely nothing.

True! I can Google a few nutrition articles on the interweb machine and then turn around and call myself a "nutritionist"

It's on the same level as this girl I know who calls herself a "photographer" because she has an camera phone and a couple of photo apps.

LOL :explode:
  • LoadedM6Tina
    LoadedM6Tina Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I had this huge debate on FB yesterday arguing with people who said cico doesn't work. I directed them to the mfp forums. I hope I didn't drag a whole lotta trouble over here.... :open_mouth:

I gave up trying to explain CICO to people....So now I'm all "yeah - enjoy your boring chicken and brown rice while I eat this pizza..."

I'm lucky, I don't like pizza! LOL But I do like chicken and brown rice with A-1 Steak Sauce (and a heaping pile of steamed veg!). But I get ya! :smiley:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

yea, I saw that…

*sure*

I believe she's a nutritionist. Because being a "nutritionist" means absolutely nothing.

True! I can Google a few nutrition articles on the interweb machine and then turn around and call myself a "nutritionist"

It's on the same level as this girl I know who calls herself a "photographer" because she has an camera phone and a couple of photo apps.

LOL. I love that you are enjoying the extra emoticons :bigsmile:
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I had this huge debate on FB yesterday arguing with people who said cico doesn't work. I directed them to the mfp forums. I hope I didn't drag a whole lotta trouble over here.... :open_mouth:

Oh my... *what* have you done :)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    F2wTMomwfjI-cute-slow-loris-tickle-party--gifsu.com.gif

UNB7B8M.gif
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i mean... pretty much just lol at this point.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

yea, I saw that…

*sure*

I vote Naturopath with 4 units of "nutrition" up her sleeve.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Welp, I read it. I think I may have some wine.

At least it's vegan, so it won't make me gain weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

yea, I saw that…

*sure*

Haha I think I've used them all tonight :drinker:

I know right!! I didn't think before posting, I was so drained. I really don't want to bring more crazy here lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Are you sure? Most wine is not considered vegan.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    avshwartz wrote: »
    Yay! Somebody who understands what i understand! Diets are stupid. Eat whole foods. Cut out junk like dairy, meat and gluten. Carb the *kitten* up and feel better than ever!
    Ps. You're advocating for this lifestyle in the wrong place. These people dont want to hear that there's another way besides calorie restriction!

dairy, meat, and gluten are junk…really????

Now that's a first...

Also, my LBM would argue otherwise!
  • ayanasioux
    ayanasioux Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    rebeccaxf wrote: »
    Wow..... the amount of flaming and general rudeness in the replies is astounding. Agree or disagree the OP, whatever happened to respectful (not personal) discussion?!

I feel you. But I'm not taking it personal at all. I'm not surprised by this because I came to a site where people are here to restrict their calories. I would have said the same thing during those times myself.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

I really have no idea :blush:

I just assumed grapes = vegan. But I am definitely no expert on vegan diets, and were I to try one, I would undoubtedly fail miserably.

*I just found this:
    Examples of animal products used as finings are gelatin, isinglass, chitosan, casein and egg albumen. Bull's blood is also used in some Mediterranean countries but is not allowed in the U.S. or Europe.

I am learning things!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    ayanasioux wrote: »
    rebeccaxf wrote: »
    Wow..... the amount of flaming and general rudeness in the replies is astounding. Agree or disagree the OP, whatever happened to respectful (not personal) discussion?!

I feel you. But I'm not taking it personal at all. I'm not surprised by this because I came to a site where people are here to restrict their calories. I would have said the same thing during those times myself.

I don't restrict my calories. I also don't make claims that counter basic physics.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just come to these threads for the GIFs...
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Another highly successful bait thread. Gotta love it!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I just assumed grapes = vegan. But I am definitely no expert on vegan diets, and were I to try one, I would undoubtedly fail miserably.

Its the fining agent - its usually animal product based. It also may make the wine not gluten free!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

yea, I saw that…

*sure*

Haha I think I've used them all tonight :drinker:

I know right!! I didn't think before posting, I was so drained. I really don't want to bring more crazy here lol

There are plenty more. If you go to the mail inbox, and compose a message, there is a smiley link that gives a bunch. They are all the old ones from before the changes to the forums. Enjoy! :glasses: :smokin:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Its the fining agent - its usually animal product based. It also may make the wine not gluten free!

I guess that makes it not a "whole" food then. It will make me gain weight for sure.

Oh well. It's worth it.
This discussion has been closed.