no wonder i was/am fat...

Options

Replies

• missloo12
    missloo12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    3-4 in n out burgers in one sitting, 5 corndogs a day for lunch, mashed potato sandwiches. I got soooooooooo many bad habits in high school.
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options
    Eating at restaurants every day Mondy-Friday for lunch at work. Or getting a sonic blast every Friday just to treat myself for no reason.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager, I'd eat an entire box of Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls. Then get sugar sick.....I leared if I FROZE them, I could eat TWO boxes before I'd start feeling ill.

And wash them down with a diet coke of course!

• lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    • 1-2 pints of Ben & Jerry's S'mores ice cream in a day (and if the first store was out of it, I'd go to another and sometimes even a third store in my quest to satisfy my craving). And this was downsized from a half-gallon of rocky road ice cream. This amount of ice cream almost always gives me painful diarrhea, so I think this was an exercise in self punishment.
    • An entire key lime pie in 1-2 days.
    • A whole box of Girl Scout cookies in an hour.
    • A block of port wine cheese and an entire sleeve of wheatsworth crackers in an hour with 1-2 Cokes.
    • An entire box of Twinkies and 3-4 Sprites in a day.
    • A whole medium pizza with lord knows how many Oreo cookies.
    • 3-4 servings of macaroni and cheese (homemade).
    • Entire box of Kraft macaroni and cheese (mixed with the cheese dust, butter, and milk, of course).
    • 2-3 servings of pasta loaded with butter and Parmesan cheese.

It is interesting how specific my cravings were.

Once I stopped eating massive amounts of food like that, the weight started to drop off. I wasn't counting calories or denying myself, I just no longer had the cravings, I think because the counseling I had been in had finally taken firm root. It was amazing and felt magical. After the first 20 pounds, I did start working at it, though. I am a bit annoyed with myself that I engaged in emotional/impulse eating again and slowly gained back half of the weight I lost back in 2008-2010, but oh well, it is what it is. I guess I had not finished learning my lesson.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I have to say eating out a lot.
    To be fair, before they started to require restaurants their nutrition information, it was impossible to know how much you were eating.
    Case in point: Uno's INDIVIDUAL sized deep dish pizza:
    Cheese and Tomato: 1750 calories, 119 g of fat
    Chicago Classic: 2300 calories, 164 g of fat

I remember passing out when I first started counting calories and having access to that info....
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I guess I could say that when I binge, I binge. We could be talking 2-5000 calories on top of my normal daily eating. The worst thing is that I don't really remember the act of going out and buying all the junk (I don't keep it in the house) or in fact eating all of it. I sort of remember the craving to buy the food, and finishing the binge coupled with the stomach pain and sick feeling.

Weirdly, when I am not middle of a binge, my diet is actually really healthy - however my weight has crept up to 13st 7lb due to an almost month long binge.
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I went from working the paint/home decor department, and sometimes outside garden, of a big box store (carrying cases, 4gal per case, and 5gal pails of paint up and down ladders, 72 inch wood & faux wood binds up and down ladders, hauling pallets of paint with a manual pallet jack) to a front receptionist job and didn't change one thing about my eating habits. For whatever reason I didn't think it would be a big deal changing from doing all that sweaty physical work and walking to being chained to a desk. <sigh> It's hard to break those long time habits (15 years) but I'm plugging along.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Ice cream with banana's, strawberry topping, pineapple topping, fudge and whip cream...

I think they call this a banana split??

Not to mention Blue Bell Banana Split and Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream... Om Nom Nom!

Half gallon never enough! LOL
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've struggled a lot with binge eating over the years and that's definitely contributed to my major weight gains. in college, after I had lost a bunch and was at a healthy weight for a while I would go to Dairy Queen on the weekends and get a LARGE blizzard just for myself and I'd eat the entire thing. those are easily 1000+ calories a piece. now I'm about 50 pounds heavier but the smalls are just perfect, and even though I still love ice cream to death the thought of anything more just makes me really queasy.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Dominos hot wings...dominos hot wings....

Other than that, the point at which I realized I might have a slight issue was when I noticed at lunch, I filled my plate up double what my male coworkers had (at 5'2" with no exercise, that's not a recipe for success).
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Boiling three large potatoes and covering them in butter and cheese, and having just that for dinner.
  • ironblossom
    Options
    Domino's Breadsticks. Oh yeah. There's a local pizza joint that does an even better (and worse for you!) version. The whole container, that's dinner. A bag of popcorn with a bottle of wine. Dinner.

In the afternoon I would get my "walk" down to the corner store to buy a can of pringles (or other salty snack) and a bag of peanut butter and chocolate something. Afternoon snack.

As a few people have said, I could still do that today, despite the 40 pounds lost, 40 to go. Not so much the breadsticks, that's too much bread for me now, but all the rest? Oh yeah. I wish.
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    loads of beer, wine, whatever, and eating out! and an embarrassing amount of chocolate.

yep, that was soooo me too!
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Working night shifts I would eat an entire large bag of Humpty Dumpty BBQ chips, plus 2 chocolate bars, and a package of Hot Tamales candies... 3x a week! Going back even further in history, I used to play WoW for HOURS at a time, and eat nachos with melted cheese, and a sour cream, salsa, cheese dip to go with it. Or when I worked in a call center and I would eat bulk candies all day long. Probably 500mL worth of candies per shift, 4x a week. It's actually a wonder that I didn't go past 200 lbs TBH...
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I never got the benefits of eating whatever/whenever I wanted....my weight gain was mostly the results of a hormone disorder (which is now thankfully under control) My weakness would be potatoes...anything potato. I also love the club lulu at Jimmy John's but that is a rare treat.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Oh, and who could forget, I'd buy the store-bought icing meant for cakes (Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, whatever) and eat the ENTIRE THING with a spoon.

Yes, really.

It's actually a lot harder to do this since they changed their recipe. It just tastes gross now (thankfully, because I did this too!)
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Between the ages 19-20 I was averaging 2 litres of Dr. Pepper and one or two 4-shot vanilla lattes every day. The amount of calories you can drink is shocking.

More recently it's BIG portion sizes (eating as much as my husband who is a good 6 inches taller than me and was gaining weight himself because of the portions), drinking large quantities of beer and assuming the way I felt afterwords for a few days was due to the amount of alcohol, and convincing myself that I can handle some dairy, because cheese, butter, and yogurt don't have that much lactose right? It's amazing- you don't feel like crap if you don't treat your body like crap.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Drinking a whole 2L bottle of pop in one day. Eating out two to three times a week. Lots and lots of carbs, without even thinking twice about it. Movie night, once a week, consisted of a whole bowl of butter popcorn, a bag of twizzlers, and two chocolate bars, and a whole bottle of coke. Learning how to do everything in moderation!!! LOL
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just like that fact that you are an avid bowhunter. I shoot recurves from the sixties. Good luck with your journey-both weight loss and in the field!
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have done a lot of things that have contributed to my very many extra pounds. The thing that I am probably the most troubled and ashamed of is the fried chicken. I would go to the store or restaurant and buy an 8 piece fried chicken. I would start with the wings, then the breasts. If I was not stuffed I would move on the thighs. If I was stuffed I would peel the crust and skin off of the rest of the chicken pieces and eat it. Not a good thing physically, but it sure did taste good.