Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I confess that it's making me sad that this confession thread is becoming a children vs no children conversation. Where are all those people who ate all the peanut butter or ate 5000 calories while hiding under the bed or....? :(

Sorry! It wasn't meant to be a "vs" conversation at all. :)

I ate about 1000 calories over on Saturday (couple drinks, some chicken nugget things, chocolate). I didn't really care until I realized how many workouts I had cancelled out.

And... I can't remember if I put on deoderant this morning...
  • VintageMisery514
    VintageMisery514 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If I'm not at 10,000 steps by bedtime, I'll stay awake and dance like a lunatic around my bed until I'm done. Then I collapse. :)
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

I am guilty of this also! :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    KMaggi3 wrote: »
    My good friend has been begging me to try Nutella for a while now. I kept saying "nah". Finally broke down and tried a small spoonful and now I'm hooked. I wish I'd never tried it because now it's like a freaking DRUG for me! I could eat it straight out of the jar. Ugh. Once I'm done with this one, I'll NEVER buy that stuff again!!

This is EXACTLY why I haven't tried it, or the cookie butter!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I have no self-control around bread. I allow myself a bagel once per week to keep the violent urges in check.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    No kids here. I want to travel. I want to write. I want to have fun.

Kids would either kill, or greatly delay that.

Some people say that's selfish. I figure it's selfish to add more people to an overpopulated planet just because I think I'm supposed to.

People also ask "who's going to take care of you when you're old?"

Well if that's the reason you had kids you are doing it very wrong.

YES! I've loved all the responses to my original post about not having kids, but this one is spot on! I don't see having kids as being necessary. So having them just to have them seems ridiculous. And maybe I'm selfish too. I also like to do my own thing, and spend my money on myself (and my dog :) )

I'm glad I'm not the only one. In my day to day life I have a small group of friends and family. And everyone around my age that I'm close to has been in a serious relationship for about a decade. So I am always the odd person out at social events.

I really need to try to find single friends so I have someone to hang out with!

Let my just start by saying that I have two children, 4 & 1.5 and I applaud you people who know you don't want kids. Seriously. It's not for everyone. It's okay to be selfish. You know what you want and that is a good thing. After my cousin got married, her husband got a vasectomy (he was like 22) because they knew they never wanted children.

Confession: I'm not a kid person. I really don't like other little kids. Just my own, I love them to death, but could care less about other peoples kids.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    KrisAZ000 wrote: »
    My confession for today is that I stress myself out over how other people judge me for being 30, single & childless. Most of it is probably just in my own imagination, but I feel like it's not "acceptable" for me to be 30 and single (with no prospects either). But at the same time for the most part I'm okay with being single and THAT stresses me out because I feel like maybe I should be more actively trying to change that since I am 30 and let's face it, the window to have kids (should I even want them) is getting smaller all the time.

Sooo I stress myself out over how I feel and what society thinks I should be doing because I care what people think about me when I know I shouldn't. *sigh*

(is this too much for a Friday morning? lol)

Awww, don't get down on yourself. I have plenty of girlfriends in the 30-35 bracket that are also single and childless with no prospects at the moment. It's pretty common these days. I'm in a serious relationship and have had a previous marriage, but I'm 34 and no children. I understand what you mean about the pressure and sense of being judged sometimes. I still think though that being single and/or child-free is preferable to rushing something that's not right for you at the moment.

I get judged for being 35, married and childless. People seem to feel the need to query me on why we aren't procreating and then scoff at me because I say we don't want to. "You'll change your mind!" or, when I say I don't really like kids (I mean I don't dislike them, but I'm not someone to coo over a baby) they say "It will be different when they're your own!" - really? You want me to have them in the hopes that I'll like them once they're here?

As for Shiba - I was 30, single and BLISSFULLY happy being single. Like, no plans for any relationship, perfectly content in my singledom, free as a bird, independent... then this dude came along and screwed it all up for me :D I was NOT looking for a relationship, it came and found me.

Argh, I'm 32 and constantly told I'll change my mind. Me and my boyfriend have been together 11 years, no rush to marry and no desire for kids. Really bugs me getting asked why don't I want them too. I just don't. Never have. Don't go gooey over babies, maybe I'm wired wrong, but I'm just not interested. There's no reason.

I have four kids and they are my life. However, since I was a child, I wanted nothing more than to be a Mom. I have a friend who is 35 and does not want/have kids. Her mother told her she is selfish for not having kids. I, however, think it would be much more selfish to have kids that you don' want. They are a lot of work. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting kids. I have decided that is what makes you the world's greatest Auntie/Uncle! Said friend loves my kids and spoils them rotten and gets all the "kid love" she needs from them.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    deleted
  • mon1kamorcen
    Options
    KMaggi3 wrote: »
    My good friend has been begging me to try Nutella for a while now. I kept saying "nah". Finally broke down and tried a small spoonful and now I'm hooked. I wish I'd never tried it because now it's like a freaking DRUG for me! I could eat it straight out of the jar. Ugh. Once I'm done with this one, I'll NEVER buy that stuff again!! (God, is it good!)

After that one jar, you 'll be ok as this happen to me in the exact way when I first tried it. To this day, I always have some in my pantry but don't attack it anymore as I tell myself "you know what it tastes like so why go there" and have it in moderation through time. Not easy but do-able......through time.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am absolutely in love with what my booty looks like.

And I'm a momma that does what she wants, when she wants, and still has time for my two year old. ;)

I confess some MAJOR assumptions were made about a parenting life from some child-free individuals, and that irritates me because we still save, we still buy what we want. We can still have fun while being parents and it makes me sad how some child-free people see us.

I have lost 30 pounds, and though I have a really long way to go, I have really noticed the loss in my butt. My underwear and pants just hang there now. Every time I look at it in the mirror, I am all "Damn, girl!" It's enough to keep me going!
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My fitbit is probably 1/3 steps from driving (I'm in a car from 2-3 hours if my 8.5 hour shift). I don't eat calories back unless I'm actually exercising and I'm hungry afterwards.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Confession- I was introduced to velveeta when I moved to the Midwest. I'm now a big fan. I even like it cold, right off the "loaf".

Every one and their mother is too classy for velveeta, but I'm not.

Try it with Rotel and a tiny bit of milk and some browned hamburger and homemade tortilla chips if you haven't yet. It's so good. I have been known to eat this in place of "real food" on more than one occasion.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession- I was introduced to velveeta when I moved to the Midwest. I'm now a big fan. I even like it cold, right off the "loaf".

Every one and their mother is too classy for velveeta, but I'm not.

Try it with Rotel and a tiny bit of milk and some browned hamburger and homemade tortilla chips if you haven't yet. It's so good. I have been known to eat this in place of "real food" on more than one occasion.

I actually have a mini-crockpot that is only used for Velveeta, Rotel and Jimmy Dean Sausage

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    salemnye wrote: »
    My fitbit is probably 1/3 steps from driving (I'm in a car from 2-3 hours if my 8.5 hour shift). I don't eat calories back unless I'm actually exercising and I'm hungry afterwards.

I use the charity miles app on my phone, but generally only when I'm out walking for exercise. Out of curiosity, I set it once just to see how much I do when I go out for regular grocery shopping - usually takes 2-3 stores. I was happy to see the number when I was done, until I realized it must have counted the stop and go at stoplights. Either that, or I really did walk around in Aldi, Walmart and Kroger for 3 miles, not likely. I felt kind of bad, but since the whole point is that the miles you walk equate to charity donations, I figured it was for the best.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am absolutely in love with what my booty looks like.

And I'm a momma that does what she wants, when she wants, and still has time for my two year old. ;)

I confess some MAJOR assumptions were made about a parenting life from some child-free individuals, and that irritates me because we still save, we still buy what we want. We can still have fun while being parents and it makes me sad how some child-free people see us.

I have lost 30 pounds, and though I have a really long way to go, I have really noticed the loss in my butt. My underwear and pants just hang there now. Every time I look at it in the mirror, I am all "Damn, girl!" It's enough to keep me going!

I only started losing weight last month, but I started karate in October, and my butt is the first place I noticed an improvements on both accounts. Turns out that kicking really works those muscles!
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ive been over eating to compensate, for quitting smoking

The opposite for me. I've been smoking more to compensate for eating less :smiley:
  • anneelisabethkraemer
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.
    I've done this too. I tried to look for a pattern and I found it was when I really didn't eat enough that day. Don't feel bad, there are other sleep eaters out there! Maybe try to consciously eat a piece or fruit or something right before bed. Good luck!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    salemnye wrote: »

I use the charity miles app on my phone, but generally only when I'm out walking for exercise. Out of curiosity, I set it once just to see how much I do when I go out for regular grocery shopping - usually takes 2-3 stores. I was happy to see the number when I was done, until I realized it must have counted the stop and go at stoplights. Either that, or I really did walk around in Aldi, Walmart and Kroger for 3 miles, not likely. I felt kind of bad, but since the whole point is that the miles you walk equate to charity donations, I figured it was for the best.

Not sure about the total mileage in those three stores, but I know when I do my normal rotation through Target, it's about 1 mile. :)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have regained most of the weight I lost in the first half of last year. Since then I have been working crazy hours and spent 75+% of my time in hotels. I have constantly in that time been swearing I'll get back on track and not let being away be a reason to ruin my progress. With the end in sight I have decided I'll just get back on track once I'm home and have some time off in about a month.

I think I've made better food choices since....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    No kids here. I want to travel. I want to write. I want to have fun.

Kids would either kill, or greatly delay that.

Some people say that's selfish. I figure it's selfish to add more people to an overpopulated planet just because I think I'm supposed to.

People also ask "who's going to take care of you when you're old?"

Well if that's the reason you had kids you are doing it very wrong.

YES! I've loved all the responses to my original post about not having kids, but this one is spot on! I don't see having kids as being necessary. So having them just to have them seems ridiculous. And maybe I'm selfish too. I also like to do my own thing, and spend my money on myself (and my dog :) )

I'm glad I'm not the only one. In my day to day life I have a small group of friends and family. And everyone around my age that I'm close to has been in a serious relationship for about a decade. So I am always the odd person out at social events.

I really need to try to find single friends so I have someone to hang out with!

Let my just start by saying that I have two children, 4 & 1.5 and I applaud you people who know you don't want kids. Seriously. It's not for everyone. It's okay to be selfish. You know what you want and that is a good thing. After my cousin got married, her husband got a vasectomy (he was like 22) because they knew they never wanted children.

Confession: I'm not a kid person. I really don't like other little kids. Just my own, I love them to death, but could care less about other peoples kids.

Ditto. Nothing wrong with not wanting kids! And not only I don't like other little kids, I cannot relate to them at all. Heck I don't even have the patience to play with mine sometimes (but I have twins thankfully so I don't often have to), let alone someone else's. I'm guessing it's because I was never around little kids as I was growing up though... Everyone in my family is pretty much the same way.