Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have had a very stressful week. My car broke down and it's going to cost me basically 2 months worth of rent to get it fixed. My favorite coworker was fired today. He did not deserve to get let go, but he was a casualty of office politics. I've broken down and cried about 3 times this week. I also missed a workout. I could have gotten up and went, but I wanted to sleep in. I'm sitting debating wether to go out and get some steak N shake or just go to bed.
  • MoreFabbLessFlab
    MoreFabbLessFlab Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I'll just let myself go when I watch those "My 600 lb life" I could lay around all day and ride a scooter. It gets to me when I don't see progress
    because I try and try and my metabolism is *kitten* and I don't eat enough and I am still too big. I have logged in all my food though for two weeks and worked out, I don't push myself as hard as I can when I workout and I still smoke.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    AshC1023 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My confession for today is that I stress myself out over how other people judge me for being 30, single & childless. Most of it is probably just in my own imagination, but I feel like it's not "acceptable" for me to be 30 and single (with no prospects either). But at the same time for the most part I'm okay with being single and THAT stresses me out because I feel like maybe I should be more actively trying to change that since I am 30 and let's face it, the window to have kids (should I even want them) is getting smaller all the time.

Sooo I stress myself out over how I feel and what society thinks I should be doing because I care what people think about me when I know I shouldn't. *sigh*

(is this too much for a Friday morning? lol)

Probably less judgement that I used to get for being 25 with 4 kids ages 5 and under trailing me. I literally had someone ask me if they had the same dad. Honestly, with that many small kids, there would be no facking way in hell I could have found time to have sex with people who did not already live in my house and share my bed!
    I was 26, trailing 4 little skirt ticks behind me everywhere I went...now I'm 30 and still have one toddler...ah yes, the looks, and the "don't you have cable tv" comments? Yep, but TV isn't as fun! At 26 I had a newborn, a 2 year old, a 4 year old, and a 7 year old. I lost my sanity in there somewhere, I am sure of it.
    We're trying for #5.

Yeah, at 25 I had a newborn, a 22mo, a not quite 3yo (12m and 2 weeks apart, the middle 2) and my oldest who'd turned 5 the month before. My other favorite thing was people asking if we were Catholic, or Mormon. I'd just smile and tell them, "No, but we sure like practicing!" That generally embarassed them enough to shut up. They are now 14, 12, 11 and 9 and life is total chaos most of the time, lol.

• MoreFabbLessFlab
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My uncle and my cat died in the same week. I cried more for my cat.

I'm with you! For some reason I cry at the drop of a hat when it comes to animals. People? Not so much. Sounds terrible, but it doesn't mean I don't care.

I would totally cry over my cat rather than a person no matter the relation.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    schelly81 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

No, I am in Canada..... :'(

Real Canadian Superstore is where I get mine. It should be with the jams and spreads, like peanut butter is.

I'm in Canada and I had already planned to go to Superstore tomorrow. I can't decide if I love you for telling me this, or hate you for telling me this.

I wonder if I have a Superstore close to me at all.....

I don't know if the other Westfair Foods subsidiaries might carry it as well... No Frills? Loblaws?

ohhhh maybe Zehrs, I go to Zehrs semi regular.....gonna have to check!
  • kayte660
    kayte660 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Some fun things on my work desk are

Lego X-Wing
    Lego Tie-Fighter
    483 Pale Ale Keg Handle
    Jake the Snake Roberts Wrestling Figure, the old 80's rubber ones that bounce
    Autobot Insignia Ring
    Avengers #9, First appearance of Wonder Man, the book is 50 years old this past October.

I have the rowdy roddy piper and muscle man Randy savage of those same action figures... I'm 32 and haven't watched wrestling since the 80s, why do I still have those??
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    It is miserably cold here, and I've been stuck inside with a sick toddler who kindly passed his cold on to me. I've been basically eating everything in sight the last couple days... But I weighed in this morning and lost 2lbs this week, somehow. I went to a grocery store tonight just to get out, and went and looked at all the yummy things you guys have talked about in this thread. Had the Biscoff spread in my hands, but I put it back.

I managed to make it out with only a bag of salt & vinegar kettle chips, which I will now proceed to eat half of... Despite being way over today.

I think I'm just bored eating, or maybe my body is telling me I need to eat more while I recover... Or maybe I'm just pointlessly sabotaging myself?
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Confession- I was introduced to velveeta when I moved to the Midwest. I'm now a big fan. I even like it cold, right off the "loaf".

Every one and their mother is too classy for velveeta, but I'm not.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Meow112 wrote: »
    I told my husband I bought Girl Scout cookies for the children, but I really bought them for myself, and they are hidden, in the cabinet-above the refrigerator.
    Oh and my children don't know about the Girl Scout cookies.

LOL :).

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    KrisAZ000 wrote: »
    My confession for today is that I stress myself out over how other people judge me for being 30, single & childless. Most of it is probably just in my own imagination, but I feel like it's not "acceptable" for me to be 30 and single (with no prospects either). But at the same time for the most part I'm okay with being single and THAT stresses me out because I feel like maybe I should be more actively trying to change that since I am 30 and let's face it, the window to have kids (should I even want them) is getting smaller all the time.

Sooo I stress myself out over how I feel and what society thinks I should be doing because I care what people think about me when I know I shouldn't. *sigh*

Awww, don't get down on yourself. I have plenty of girlfriends in the 30-35 bracket that are also single and childless with no prospects at the moment. It's pretty common these days. I'm in a serious relationship and have had a previous marriage, but I'm 34 and no children. I understand what you mean about the pressure and sense of being judged sometimes. I still think though that being single and/or child-free is preferable to rushing something that's not right for you at the moment.

Agreed. I didn't have my first child until I was 35, and it was kind of an "oops". But I was with a good guy, so I wouldn't want it any other way. We were not married at the time. But if he had not come along, I was ok with being childless.

Having children is "huge"!!! I know a lot of women do it on their own, and I applaud that. But I am glad I have a partner. I would have done this on my own if I had to, but I am glad I didn't have to.

• KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Agreed. And you know what?

Marriage and children is like being a grown up. It has downside, and aunt for everybody.

I think that a large portion of people I know with kids would do differently of they had it to do over.

Exactly. We all have to choose our own life paths and do what makes sense for us.
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I think I'm just bored eating, or maybe my body is telling me I need to eat more while I recover... Or maybe I'm just pointlessly sabotaging myself?

I majorly boredom ate a few weeks back when I was home with the flu for 4 days. Nothing is more boring than being home sick, so it's easy to revert into bad eating habits. For me it was a bag of mini Kit Kats, lots of saltine crackers, a tub of hummus, spoonfuls of peanut butter... I spent the week doing damage control after I felt better.

My confession: despite buying many new perfumes towards the end of the year, I recently discovered another one that I really want. I told my boyfriend I wasn't going to shop for awhile, so I haven't bought it. I'm so tempted, but I keep telling myself he'll notice the new bottle on the counter.

Well, my boyfriend has some pretty frivolous habits of his own. He plays Clash of Clans on both his personal phone and his work phone so that he can be in two clans (or be two characters?). A couple weeks ago his friend busted him to me for getting a third phone to play on so that he could use a cheat or something. I teased him and told him how ridiculous it was that he needed a third phone just to play a game, but I was secretly glad because I felt like his third phone makes it seem not that bad if I end up getting yet another perfume.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I had a binge that started on Friday night and lasted pretty much until Wednesday. Suddenly I had to have all the food. So I did. The scale says I gained 5 pounds. I hate that I did that to myself. And since the weather has gone to hell, I can't even get out and walk it off. Epic fail.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I hate the walking dead comic, but love the tv show.
  • MoreFabbLessFlab
    Options
    I'm eating popcorn and watching Guardians of the Galaxy illegally online.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Awww, don't get down on yourself. I have plenty of girlfriends in the 30-35 bracket that are also single and childless with no prospects at the moment. It's pretty common these days. I'm in a serious relationship and have had a previous marriage, but I'm 34 and no children. I understand what you mean about the pressure and sense of being judged sometimes. I still think though that being single and/or child-free is preferable to rushing something that's not right for you at the moment.

I get judged for being 35, married and childless. People seem to feel the need to query me on why we aren't procreating and then scoff at me because I say we don't want to. "You'll change your mind!" or, when I say I don't really like kids (I mean I don't dislike them, but I'm not someone to coo over a baby) they say "It will be different when they're your own!" - really? You want me to have them in the hopes that I'll like them once they're here?

As for Shiba - I was 30, single and BLISSFULLY happy being single. Like, no plans for any relationship, perfectly content in my singledom, free as a bird, independent... then this dude came along and screwed it all up for me :D I was NOT looking for a relationship, it came and found me.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I get judged for being 35, married and childless. People seem to feel the need to query me on why we aren't procreating and then scoff at me because I say we don't want to. "You'll change your mind!" or, when I say I don't really like kids (I mean I don't dislike them, but I'm not someone to coo over a baby) they say "It will be different when they're your own!" - really? You want me to have them in the hopes that I'll like them once they're here?

As for Shiba - I was 30, single and BLISSFULLY happy being single. Like, no plans for any relationship, perfectly content in my singledom, free as a bird, independent... then this dude came along and screwed it all up for me :D I was NOT looking for a relationship, it came and found me.

Argh, I'm 32 and constantly told I'll change my mind. Me and my boyfriend have been together 11 years, no rush to marry and no desire for kids. Really bugs me getting asked why don't I want them too. I just don't. Never have. Don't go gooey over babies, maybe I'm wired wrong, but I'm just not interested. There's no reason.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Eh. People judge you for having OR not having kids to justify their own life decisions. Mommy Wars Part One. Haters gonna hate...themselves.

Confession: it is the end of February, and I am only just now trying my first "pumpkin spice" item, some Extra gum. It's yummy! So, uh, sign me up for yoga pants and a minivan?
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I woke up hungry at eleven last night and ate a ridiculous amount of mini Cadbury eggs. And pizza. I'm not proud.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I sometimes log food in a later meal for the day because I'm too embarrassed to admit what i ate early in the morning.
  • bonnbunx36
    bonnbunx36 Posts: 28
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i wear the same clothes to the gym >_> ....without washing them