Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• winterbones92
    winterbones92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I sometimes wish I could be anorexic....it would be so much easier than dieting. But, I like food too much, so the anorexia thing won't work.

Anorexia has nothing to do with liking food or not and everything to do with being constantly terrified, which is not "easier than dieting". Try feeling like a walking corpse for a couple of years and see how you feel. Try sitting in front of an apple and watch your mother beg you to please, please just eat it just eat something and wanting to desperately but not being any more able than if she had asked you to eat the plate. Try sobbing hysterically for hours because you were forced to have a single bite of bread, but you feel as violated as if you'd been raped. Try having your fingers constantly blue and numb, not being able to sit on chairs because it hurts your bones, watching your friends laugh and only feeling the empty distance between you and them and all the rest of the people who are properly alive.
    Not easy.

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, it just really bothers me to see people acting so cavalier about a life-threatening illness. Anyone who suffers it would give it to you in a heartbeat if they could, I promise.

Wow!

This is so true. Please for the love of God never ever wish this disease upon yourself! I'm fighting every day to get better. Don't ever wish for this.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a stay at home mom. My mil babysits once a week so I can get out during the day. For the past year or so, I've looked forward to that day so I can go eat a big fast food meal all by my lonesome, usually sitting in my vehicle in a parking lot. I would try to hide the evidence from my husband so he wouldn't know (not that he really cares, but it was embarrassing to me).

Part of the reason I made my diary public was so I wouldn't have secret parking lot binges.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm currently a stay at home mom. My mil babysits once a week so I can get out during the day. For the past year or so, I've looked forward to that day so I can go eat a big fast food meal all by my lonesome, usually sitting in my vehicle in a parking lot. I would try to hide the evidence from my husband so he wouldn't know (not that he really cares, but it was embarrassing to me).

Part of the reason I made my diary public was so I wouldn't have secret parking lot binges.

Oh I've had my share of those, lol!
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My grandson's 7th birthday is tomorrow. The whole famdamily is going to Casa Bonita's for dinner. I'm SERIOUSLY considering faking illness to be able to get out of it. I just don't wanna deal with the food choices :/
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    My grandson's 7th birthday is tomorrow. The whole famdamily is going to Casa Bonita's for dinner. I'm SERIOUSLY considering faking illness to be able to get out of it. I just don't wanna deal with the food choices :/

tumblr_lo9hprwsV81qmn7mjo1_500.gif

I'm sorry- all I could think about was South Park and Casa Bonita.

My confession: I literally did no work today. I was on the forums and candy crush
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »

Oh I've had my share of those, lol!

Ditto.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've sometimes refused some food that had the calorie count posted because it was just way too high, only to later that week eat the same kind of food but from a source with unknown calories, so I could pick a lower calorie entry in the database without feeling too guilty. Basically, I'm way more likely to indulge when a place doesn't post the calories...
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    tchell99 wrote: »
    You guys know that red velvet is just chocolate with lots of red food coloring and cream cheese icing?

Yep, don't care! :) They have now survived intact nearly 24hrs.

Update: The red velvet oreos were a disappointment. IMO the cream cheese creme had a very non-Oreo consistency and kind of a chemical taste (and yes, I know it says artificial flavors rights on the package, but even accounting for that...bleh). I left them in the break room with no regrets. Not sure if this is a victory or a failure, since I ate 8 of them before deciding they weren't worth it.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Today I ate a Tim Hortons Red Velvet Muffin before checking the calories. It is 430K!! :'( I am on a 1200K limit. I have 27K left for dinner.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I ate a big fat cream filled chocolate eclair tonight. I should have said no but I couldnt!
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Today I ate a Tim Hortons Red Velvet Muffin before checking the calories. It is 430K!! :'( I am on a 1200K limit. I have 27K left for dinner.

If it makes you feel better, I am 100% sure yoru muffin was better than the oreos, which cost me 560 cals?

• selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    tchell99 wrote: »

If it makes you feel better, I am 100% sure yoru muffin was better than the oreos, which cost me 560 cals?

I still want to try them. Just 3. SEND ME THREE!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Virkati wrote: »

tumblr_lo9hprwsV81qmn7mjo1_500.gif

I'm sorry- all I could think about was South Park and Casa Bonita.

Bahahahaha! I thought the same thing!

• LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I'm signed up for a Tough Mudder in exactly 78 days and I go from pumped to scared out of my wits pretty much every 5 minutes. :sweat_smile:

That's pretty much how I feel about my first half marathon in 58 days!

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way! Good luck!

I'm getting talked into doing a sprint triathlon in July... At least the swimming is first so i won't down!

I would try a triathlon. Except for the swimming part. Can't swim worth a flip! I am looking into Duathlons though!

I did a triathlon this past summer that started with a kayak or canoe paddle instead of a swim. It was fun :)
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I keep force feeding my 10 year old son Nutella on toast because I know I get to lick the knife after. Problem is, the amount left on the knife keeps getter more and more. It doesn't get logged.

Like all the other good things in my life, it creeps up bit by bit until I have to wrestle it to the ground!
  • JadeDHayes
    JadeDHayes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    These posts have made my day :)
  • freegrace
    freegrace Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sometimes when my diary says whole wheat english muffin (120 cals), what I REALLY had was 3 Dove dark chocolate caramels (120 cals). Why do I feel the need to do this?

I will ponder it while munching on a healthy whole wheat English Muffin.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I know how to cardio very well, I don't know how to strength train, I'm trying to make the switch, but all the information is very daunting.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It's really easy to eat an entire bag of jerky. And I haven't been walking.
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I ate ten biscuits in a meeting today unconsciously.