Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    I confess I switched a couple of keys on my co-worker's keyboard.

Your co worker needs to learn to touch type anyway.

That's what I was thinking. I probably wouldn't even notice if someone did that.

I wouldn't notice either. But there are some older guys here that are not computer savvy in any way. Someone (not me) switched a couple keys on one guys keyboard and it really messed him up that morning :D (luckily he's able to take a joke)

I changed a Co workers native language to swahilli once. Phone and computer.

Gotta lock your office people.

Haha! How do you fix that in settings with the language messed up?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: I feel as though people (friends, coworkers, etc.) judge me for wanting to lose weight and/or work out. Like they think I think I'm better than them. No, I don't think I'm better than you, I just want to be better than me. Does anyone else feel this way?

Confession 2: I have totally judged posts on this thread...mostly because of grammar and/or spelling.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    I confess I sing really loud when driving and don't care who's looking at me.

I do this. Hell, I'll sing along to bad 90's songs like "Ice, Ice Baby" and "Achy Breaky Heart" (both of which I dislike intensely), just to see the looks on my kids' faces.

I am an awesome parent.
  • stephaniels0416
    stephaniels0416 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am almost 40 and have never had a hickey until today.

I have 3. At first I thought I had chocolate on my neck, then it occurred to me that I had not eaten any chocolate.

They are very large, very purple and will be difficult to hide. I don't bruise easily, which makes me wonder if this was done intentionally to "mark" me or something. I have no idea how I feel about that.

An ex of mine showed up at my house drunk one night and did that marking thing. The whole time we were together he never once gave me a hickey. Before he finally got "no" through his thick skull that night, I had a hickey on my lip and a small one on my neck. I would have had more but I realized what he was up to and started limiting his access. I didn't know it was even possible to get a lip hickey.

Related confession: I kind of wish I hadn't vetoed that one. He was more intense that night than he was the whole time we dated and it was really hot. If I hadn't known he'd come from the bar where he'd struck out with all the girls he hit on and figured I'd be his fallback, I probably would have gone with it.

Will you be my dating mentor please?
    You're clever wrt .... Men.

I don't qualify as a good person to be a dating mentor. This one only went the way it did because we were friends for 10 years before we dated. I know how he thinks. He also pulled the same thing on Thanksgiving eight months after I threw him out - came over, said all the right things, answered all my questions the right way, and then the following morning tried to claim I wanted it to. I wanted the words, he didn't mean them, just kept talking until no turned into yes. I swore it wouldn't happen again and when he showed up again almost a year later, I made sure it didn't. Haven't heard from him since (it's been four or five months), so it was going to be exactly the same move as before.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    My confession for today is that I stress myself out over how other people judge me for being 30, single & childless. Most of it is probably just in my own imagination, but I feel like it's not "acceptable" for me to be 30 and single (with no prospects either). But at the same time for the most part I'm okay with being single and THAT stresses me out because I feel like maybe I should be more actively trying to change that since I am 30 and let's face it, the window to have kids (should I even want them) is getting smaller all the time.

Sooo I stress myself out over how I feel and what society thinks I should be doing because I care what people think about me when I know I shouldn't. *sigh*

(is this too much for a Friday morning? lol)

Probably less judgement that I used to get for being 25 with 4 kids ages 5 and under trailing me. I literally had someone ask me if they had the same dad. Honestly, with that many small kids, there would be no facking way in hell I could have found time to have sex with people who did not already live in my house and share my bed!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession 1: I feel as though people (friends, coworkers, etc.) judge me for wanting to lose weight and/or work out. Like they think I think I'm better than them. No, I don't think I'm better than you, I just want to be better than me. Does anyone else feel this way?

Confession 2: I have totally judged posts on this thread...mostly because of grammar and/or spelling.

So much YES!

• ebtaylor137
    ebtaylor137 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Those are great ideas, but I'm hoping to do something outside the kitchen with her. One of the reasons I take my son grocery shopping is to demonstrate that the gender roles society has placed on us are artificial and that we can break them with our actions. I'm hoping to do something similar with my daughter.

I freaking love this.

Me too. How about taking her to the DIY store and every time buying an item towards a long term project. Or if you know about cars teaching her some mechanics.

I like the idea of a long term project. I've got next to no knowledge on cars, but I do have several friends who can build one with their eyes closed. I've been thinking I might get a beat-to-*kitten* muscle car and have her rebuild it with me, then give it to her when she gets a driver's license. The only problem is that it's not something we can start until she's a older.

Someone else mentioned model rockets, and that's a great idea. I'd love to foster some interest in STEM as they are typicaly male-dominated fields. Rocketry is something we could do early on, too.

My dad took me hiking, camping, and we made a garden together. He was really into birds so he taught me bird ID, but I got really into plant ID, which he fostered. I went to school for systematic botany. I think camping and gardening are both good, especially for girls as it encourages self-sufficiency and creative problem solving. Plus watching a plant grow from seed is one of the greatest things I think anyone can do for kids.
  • stephaniels0416
    stephaniels0416 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    stefgnieto wrote: »
    i keep the remainder of the icing container after putting it on a cake or cupcake, so i can spoon it later :s

I buy two, on purpose, so there is some leftover. Cream Cheese frosting with a spoon... :p

I contemplated buying a container of cream cheese frosting for myself while buying cake mix and frosting for my daughter's birthday cake. I picked it up and set it down a couple times. I LOVE cream cheese frosting on graham crackers.

My grandma used to do this for us when we were kids. Forgot about that, actually. Yum-mee.

My grandma did this too. She was partial to chocolate frosting on her graham crackers. I was probably a huge disappointment, I hate frosting.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    My confession for today is that I stress myself out over how other people judge me for being 30, single & childless. Most of it is probably just in my own imagination, but I feel like it's not "acceptable" for me to be 30 and single (with no prospects either). But at the same time for the most part I'm okay with being single and THAT stresses me out because I feel like maybe I should be more actively trying to change that since I am 30 and let's face it, the window to have kids (should I even want them) is getting smaller all the time.

Sooo I stress myself out over how I feel and what society thinks I should be doing because I care what people think about me when I know I shouldn't. *sigh*

(is this too much for a Friday morning? lol)

Probably less judgement that I used to get for being 25 with 4 kids ages 5 and under trailing me. I literally had someone ask me if they had the same dad. Honestly, with that many small kids, there would be no facking way in hell I could have found time to have sex with people who did not already live in my house and share my bed!

I'm sorry that people judged you and I can't even imagine keeping up with 4 kids under the age of 5, but this comment made me laugh!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »
    I found myself wondering earlier if a food scale would accurately weigh my boobs. Decided not to bother since I have no clue what they 'should' weigh.

Depends on what your scales max weight is. Mine only goes up to 3lbs and I know my boobs would make it say error if I tried that. Just have your husband/boyfriend/significant other hold them up while you stand on the regular scale. That works pretty well for me.

I don't get this. If you're holding on to anything, you'll never get an accurate weight anyway, how would you expect this to work?

I had too many chocolates and snacks again. 450 calories left for dinner (maintenance goal), which would be fine if I didn't want to keep a deficit to make up for my binge of 2 days ago... I'll be very surprised if the scale isn't up this month!

Sure you will. Step 1. Get on the scale (remember your weight). Step 2. Ask partner to lift your breasts for you (granted this will not work if you've got nice perky boobs, or small boobs. Mine happen to be extra large and pretty darn saggy from having two breastfed children so my hubby can just lift them right up off my body for me) Step 3. get back on the scale. Step 4 calculate the difference between lifted and not lifted. Vola, boob weight.

No, because science. I'll just stop there.

Well, it's closer than just estimating, right? Plus, someone gets to hold boobs, so there's that.

I'll volunteer if someone doesn't have anyone to hold their boobs.

Get in line, bub.

And, case in point that men are MUCH more forgiving of our bodies than us women are! This conversation seriously made me laugh. Thanks - I needed it this afternoon!

If i told you your body was amazing, would you hold it against me? :)

Hahaha! Thanks! Love your avatar by the way. I've recently restarted my Starbucks addiction. I did really good for a while, but I just can't resist that place!
  • another_chelle
    another_chelle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like to take screen captures of co-workers computers, close all of their programs, set it as their desktop image, minimize their tool bar, then put tape under their mouse.

Love this!!!

• kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    To make myself not feel so bad when I eat cookies or chips, I give every other one to the dog. And when I log it in, I will use the lowest calorie/serving I can find LOL. OH THE SHAME!!
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love the office pranks.

I auto-corrected the word "the" for "poop" on my wife's phone. Childish I know, but she had the hardest time describing it in a text and it was funny as hell.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I love the office pranks.

I auto-corrected the word "the" for "poop" on my wife's phone. Childish I know, but she had the hardest time describing it in a text and it was funny as hell.

I laughed loud enough the woman in the office two doors down asked what was up. :p

• JGilchrist23
    JGilchrist23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    sssgilber wrote: »
    Slogging through W4D1 of C25K today, the thought that kept me going was, "Imagine how surprised your colleagues will be when they hear you dropped dead while running. They always thought you'd choke to death on donuts."

Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am almost 40 and have never had a hickey until today.

I have 3. At first I thought I had chocolate on my neck, then it occurred to me that I had not eaten any chocolate.

They are very large, very purple and will be difficult to hide. I don't bruise easily, which makes me wonder if this was done intentionally to "mark" me or something. I have no idea how I feel about that.

An ex of mine showed up at my house drunk one night and did that marking thing. The whole time we were together he never once gave me a hickey. Before he finally got "no" through his thick skull that night, I had a hickey on my lip and a small one on my neck. I would have had more but I realized what he was up to and started limiting his access. I didn't know it was even possible to get a lip hickey.

Related confession: I kind of wish I hadn't vetoed that one. He was more intense that night than he was the whole time we dated and it was really hot. If I hadn't known he'd come from the bar where he'd struck out with all the girls he hit on and figured I'd be his fallback, I probably would have gone with it.

Will you be my dating mentor please?
    You're clever wrt .... Men.

You should ask the lady who logs semen. She's doing it right.
  • cgrooms676
    cgrooms676 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I confess I sing really loud when driving and don't care who's looking at me.

I do this. Hell, I'll sing along to bad 90's songs like "Ice, Ice Baby" and "Achy Breaky Heart" (both of which I dislike intensely), just to see the looks on my kids' faces.

I am an awesome parent.

Yes, you are! I sing "Bust A Move" to my son all the time, he looks at me like I'm crazy.
  • gymandcupcakes
    Options
    My weight has been pretty consistently low the last few years, but I don't think people realize how much I actually struggle with food and being healthy. I'll go maybe a week with being super on point, great clean foods, exercising, no overeating...then I'll just binge for like 2-3 days. :# I'll one day decide I deserve a 'cheat day,' and go to the grocery store and buy EVERYTHING that I love, cookies, ice cream, chips, dips, pasta, pizza....of course only intending to eat it on that one day...but then I buy so much food and have so much left over that I eat that crap for multiple days, which then totally cancels out all the awesome days I had before. Then I feel awful, gain tons of water weight, get guilty and have another few days of being on point. It's just a horrible cycle. My body composition and general appearance sucks because I'm always going up and down with the way I treat myself.
    Losing weight and being healthy is soooo simple.....but so hard. I can't believe after all of these years I still can't seem to grasp the basic concept of moderation. Ugh.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options

When my daughter (she's 6) is being bratty, I flip her off behind her back.

I'm dying lauging at this. Does that make you feel better? I must do this the next time my kids piss me off.

• afoust1986
    afoust1986 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Every Sunday, I take my son to do the grocery shopping. At one of the stores, we get a bottle of Mexican Coke and a Tastycake pie (his choice: Cherry, Apple, or French Apple) and sit on the tailgate to share them. Coke-and-Pie Day almost never gets logged.

That's the cutest thing ever.

Agreed! And because you're creating a memory with your son that he will remember forever it doesn't count as calories!

The memories will end up being more delicious than the pie, methinks. Now I just have to think of something similar to do with his sister!

My dad and I bake cakes together. Just throwing it out there. You could also make fudge with her, my grandpa and I do that. My grandma and I always had tea parties when I was a kid. Good times.

Those are great ideas, but I'm hoping to do something outside the kitchen with her. One of the reasons I take my son grocery shopping is to demonstrate that the gender roles society has placed on us are artificial and that we can break them with our actions. I'm hoping to do something similar with my daughter.

My dad and I do remodeling things around the house together. Or if you're good at car repair, you could teach her that? I've always enjoyed the fact I know my way around a hammer and a Phillips-head Screw Driver :)