Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I gave my wife a chocolate bunny for easter. The little *kitten* was still sitting in the house, mocking me.

I say was, cause I ate him today.

From last Easter? You resisted a lonnnngggg time!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    I gave my wife a chocolate bunny for easter. The little *kitten* was still sitting in the house, mocking me.

That's the thing. I don't even really like chocolate that much. Hardly ever eat it. I'm not a sweets guy (pizza and burgers are my poison).

But the last couple days, I've just been craving sweets. Finally, I went for it. At first I was gonna just eat the ears. Then the head. Then... Eff it, this guy's going down.

Still finished the day with a huge defect though.
  • smai91
    smai91 Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Over the weekend I ordered a pizza. I ate the whole thing. *hangs head in shame*
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

That's the thing. I don't even really like chocolate that much. Hardly ever eat it. I'm not a sweets guy (pizza and burgers are my poison).

But the last couple days, I've just been craving sweets. Finally, I went for it. At first I was gonna just eat the ears. Then the head. Then... Eff it, this guy's going down.

Still finished the day with a huge defect though.

54xod008fqx0.png
  • torontonancy
    torontonancy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

You, my friend, are my OCD hero! Seriously - HERO!
  • jpmeyet
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I would totally do something like this!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    sssgilber wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I have an entire large rubbermaid tub full of mismatched socks that I brought with me when I moved from Texas almost 4 years ago! I just keep adding to it, hoping they will mate!

Single socks only mate in the wild, not in captivity. Try hanging them from the trees in your front yard.

I'll do that! Not sure how the condo board will feel about it but what the heck. If they object I'll sic PETA on them!
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My bathroom floor is slanted and my scale is wonky. If I'm feeling *kitten* in the morning, I will weigh myself in an area proven to give me a lower reading... just to feel better for the day.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I hid from the scale for two days past my regimented Monday weigh in after a week of overindulgence, so I wouldn't have to face what I did. *hangs head*
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just used having wisdom teeth extraction tomorrow as an excuse to order pizza.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Confession. My father died last October to cancer and it sucks. Well my friend dad was recently given the all clear and I was happy and very jealous at the same time. I felt horrible for being that angry.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    4homer wrote: »
    Confession. My father died last October to cancer and it sucks. Well my friend dad was recently given the all clear and I was happy and very jealous at the same time. I felt horrible for being that angry.

Don't feel horrible. My wonderful Dad died 6 years ago and I still kind of envy friends who still have theirs and hope they appreciate every day.

• dannii92xx
    dannii92xx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a dark secret. I seem to be in total control all of the time (I love lists, weighing, measuring calorie count half a tea spoon of sauce etc) and yet ... I just devoured a box of Tunnocks Milk Chocolate Teacakes. I just couldn't stop myself I said I would have one with my cup of tea and then boom all gone. Fair enough I didnt eat all 6 in one sitting (3 for supper and 3 for ... breakfast?) but OMG. I feel so bad right now and yet it was soo good.
  • britkneemeyer
    britkneemeyer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was done with food for the day and was ok with it but then my husband made alexia baked onion rings and I ate a serving with plenty of ketchup. Not cause I was hungry but because I knew he wouldn't leave me any LOL like it would be so hard to go get a new bag? Now I have eaten 2060 calories today and the only reason I'm not in the red is I ate most of my expertise calories back. I also have a stomachache :/
  • ellietill20
    ellietill20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, thought I'd start here and get the badness out of the way..

My problem is wine. I don't have a sweet tooth, can easily turn down chocolate, sweets and cake. I love cheese and savoury stuff but I can cut down when I need to.

But the wine... I am not trying to place blame at all but the problem is my mum drinks it every day and we both like the same dry white. so it's always in the house and we get into the habit of drinking probably about a bottle each if not more most nights. This sounds really bad, and yeah it is bad.

I made sure that my food diary on here was on private so that my friends couldn't see I was still having about a bottle each day :(

I don't think I have an actual problem as such, I mean I don't drink before 6pm and it doesn't affect my work etc., I can go without it but I just find it a lot harder to resist and I don't want it to ruin my weightloss journey.

Just wanted to get this off my chest because it's something I find hard to admit. But I'm determined to cut this out!

Hope I'm not the only one.
  • elixile
    elixile Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

This ^ So much this. Ugh. I usually log it accurately through the week (heavy drinking and all) but then it goes out the window as of a weekend.
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, thought I'd start here and get the badness out of the way..

My problem is wine. I don't have a sweet tooth, can easily turn down chocolate, sweets and cake. I love cheese and savoury stuff but I can cut down when I need to.

But the wine... I am not trying to place blame at all but the problem is my mum drinks it every day and we both like the same dry white. so it's always in the house and we get into the habit of drinking probably about a bottle each if not more most nights. This sounds really bad, and yeah it is bad.

I made sure that my food diary on here was on private so that my friends couldn't see I was still having about a bottle each day :(

I don't think I have an actual problem as such, I mean I don't drink before 6pm and it doesn't affect my work etc., I can go without it but I just find it a lot harder to resist and I don't want it to ruin my weightloss journey.

Just wanted to get this off my chest because it's something I find hard to admit. But I'm determined to cut this out!

I wonder if this is the first time you have got that off your chest? My husband is like you. He drinks every night. Doesn't get drunk though, and has about 4-6 beers a night. He is self employed and never misses work. Infact he's a bit of a workaholic. He thinks this means he 'deserves' his beers every night. He is an alcoholic. He won't admit it and it is going to be the cause of our marriage ending if he doesn't sort himself out. He is in complete denial. Good luck x
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I'm in the same boat but sadly I don't feel too bad about it (which is probably worse). I had a bottle of wine last night instead of dinner. I also keep my diary private.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options

This used to be me (although it was my ex instead of a parent). We used to drink a bottle of red wine each a night, and I was always fine. got up for work, never missed work or family stuff due to hangovers, etc etc. But I doubt it was doing my innards much good. Anyway, when the ex left, the drinking stopped. I just don't have booze in the house at all now, and only drink when I am out with friends. It's the only way really.
  • ellietill20
    ellietill20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Feels good to know I'm not the only one. Just need to up the willpower and remind myself of the benefits. I can do it :)