Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ejuliano85 wrote: »
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I still sneak a smoke once in a awhile. UGGGG I know

I sneak a smoke every now and again. I don't see any problem with it. I used to be a half-pack a day smoker and so long as we don't defer back to our old habits, having one every few months (i mean 5-6, if that) isn't at all bad. I have been better lately and not even having one that frequently. Planning on keeping the trend going and being completely rid of them.

If I have even one cigarette, I'm absolutely sure I'd be back up to a pack-and-a-half a day within a month. I had my last cigarette on July 31st, 2012 and it's only been in the last month or so that I've resigned myself to the fact that I will never, ever, ever be able to smoke one again.

I don't know how many times I quit and went out to a bar or party and told myself that I would just smoke one or just that night and ended up back on my pack a day the next day! I quit Aug 18, 2013, but I'm also still using vapor. Some days at the smoke pit (at work have to go outside to use my vapor) a cigarette still smells amazing, but some days it is horrible.

My grandmother quit 40 years ago and she says that some nights she still craves one when she has a cup of coffee in the evening...

I quit about 8 years ago, and the moment I realized I was truly done was when I started to be hyperaware of how horrible smokers smelled. It's especially bad this time of year when people obviously don't wash their winter coats, but stand around smoking in them every time they go outside. At the dentist last week, my eyes were watering from someone 3 seats away. It's partial embarrassment, knowing I must have smelled the same way for years, and partial disgust at the thought of wanting something that smells like that ever again.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    tchell99 wrote: »
    Confession: I talk to my dog like she's a person. And I sing songs to her all the time. Original songs about how awesome she is...
    I do this too, and I'm not ashamed. I've was called "crazy pug lady" by some friends at my last job.

I sing to my two small breed dogs "Come on puppies let's go potty, ahh ahhh ahhh yeah"

I sing this song too (to the tune of Barbie Girl, yes?)! Except I replace "buddy" for puppies, since I'm just taking out one big boy.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Listen to this - I have never smoked cigarettes in my life, but I was raised by two heavy smokers who smoked in the house and in the car with the windows up. I have seen a picture of my mom breastfeeding one of us with a cigarette in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other (baby propped on a pillow) which I know is just spectacular parenting... anyway, sometimes I crave cigarettes. That is how addictive that stuff is. I've never even had one and sometimes I want one.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    rockyzahn wrote: »
    When I moved from CA to NYC I stayed at a youth hostel in Harlem for about a month. One night a group from the hostel mostly New Zealanders and Germans said, "Hey, let's go out to this Mexican place." I was really missing Mexican food and said sure. We got to the restaurant and it was Guatemalan. I could have cried.

I had been travelling for almost a month in the USA and had finally landed at my Grandma's place to stay, rather than a hostel. I was so desperate for fresh vegetables, I went out and bought a cauliflower and some broccoli to steam with dinner. Grandma asked me to pop to the shop for her right before dinner, and when I got back, she'd cooked up my cauli and brocc in cheese sauce with a breadcrumb crust. I actually DID cry.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    circae wrote: »
    Ok this is kind of cheap and silly, but I've lost enough weight so far that my boobs are disappearing. I don't want to buy new bras just yet so I'm thinking about stuffing them lol.

Ah! Mah boobs! They're disappearing with a quickness. :-( I'm so sad about this. I went from a D at my highest weight to a meager B now. I've never been a fan of large breasts, but they HAD to have looked better than the sad sacks I sport now. Doesn't help that two crotchfruit sucked all the life out of them also. *sigh* Saving for a boob job, for sure. Just a lift. No implants.

It took me a minute to figure out what crotchfruit were. That's hilarious. I'm going to use that one.
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I had been travelling for almost a month in the USA and had finally landed at my Grandma's place to stay, rather than a hostel. I was so desperate for fresh vegetables, I went out and bought a cauliflower and some broccoli to steam with dinner. Grandma asked me to pop to the shop for her right before dinner, and when I got back, she'd cooked up my cauli and brocc in cheese sauce with a breadcrumb crust. I actually DID cry.

I can only guess she thought it would be a treat. When I was a kid my mom would get those packages of vegetables with cheese sauce that you throw in a boiling pot of water. Much better than the canned peas and canned spinach.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Listen to this - I have never smoked cigarettes in my life, but I was raised by two heavy smokers who smoked in the house and in the car with the windows up. I have seen a picture of my mom breastfeeding one of us with a cigarette in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other (baby propped on a pillow) which I know is just spectacular parenting... anyway, sometimes I crave cigarettes. That is how addictive that stuff is. I've never even had one and sometimes I want one.

I had a friend whose parents were terrible chain smokers. When she would spend the night at my house, she would always get terrible headaches. Second hand smoke withdrawal, I always thought. Scary!

• debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    scaryg53 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Thigh gap, how can something so unhealthy look so good?

thigh-mermaid.jpg

Even though it should be "you're" and not "your" but whatevs.
    Also, than not then lol

wow my grammar is terrible. I can't read it as than it just doesn't sound right. I'm sure it's then not than. I saw the your/you're bit though.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    tchell99 wrote: »
    Confession: I talk to my dog like she's a person. And I sing songs to her all the time. Original songs about how awesome she is...
    I do this too, and I'm not ashamed. I've was called "crazy pug lady" by some friends at my last job.

I sing to my two small breed dogs "Come on puppies let's go potty, ahh ahhh ahhh yeah"

I sing this song too (to the tune of Barbie Girl, yes?)! Except I replace "buddy" for puppies, since I'm just taking out one big boy.

Lol yep
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »

thigh-mermaid.jpg

Also, than not then lol

wow my grammar is terrible. I can't read it as than it just doesn't sound right. I'm sure it's then not than. I saw the your/you're bit though.
    Than doesn't sound right because it isn't right. Then is correct.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    sp4rkl13s wrote: »
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

If it makes you feel better, I can't do jumping jacks without peeing a little lol. Thanks twin pregnancy.

I keep Depends in my closet for the days I HIIT.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »

thigh-mermaid.jpg

Also, than not then lol

Your grammar is fine, it is certainly "then" and not "than".
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I need to know whether all those people who confessed to still having their Christmas decorations up have taken them down by now. I was just out walking in my neighbourhood and was amazed at how many lights and wreaths are still up. Am considering starting a petition!

My tree is still up, but not visible from outside, so no one knows except you guys.

• AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Options

I sneak a smoke every now and again. I don't see any problem with it. I used to be a half-pack a day smoker and so long as we don't defer back to our old habits, having one every few months (i mean 5-6, if that) isn't at all bad. I have been better lately and not even having one that frequently. Planning on keeping the trend going and being completely rid of them.

If I have even one cigarette, I'm absolutely sure I'd be back up to a pack-and-a-half a day within a month. I had my last cigarette on July 31st, 2012 and it's only been in the last month or so that I've resigned myself to the fact that I will never, ever, ever be able to smoke one again.

I don't know how many times I quit and went out to a bar or party and told myself that I would just smoke one or just that night and ended up back on my pack a day the next day! I quit Aug 18, 2013, but I'm also still using vapor. Some days at the smoke pit (at work have to go outside to use my vapor) a cigarette still smells amazing, but some days it is horrible.

My grandmother quit 40 years ago and she says that some nights she still craves one when she has a cup of coffee in the evening...

Ooof, opposite for me. Smoke pits reek so bad for me now. I still won't tell anyone their smoking bothers me - I always hated those people that stand next to you and complain about your smoking, but I certainly will move away. I can smell it on my husband, who quit with me and we both vape now, if he's been around someone who smokes.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I had a friend whose parents were terrible chain smokers. When she would spend the night at my house, she would always get terrible headaches. Second hand smoke withdrawal, I always thought. Scary!

It is scary! That crap is potent.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

It is scary! That crap is potent.

A girl I used to work with who had never smoked a day in her life, but worked in a pub where smoking was allowed and lived with a partner who smoked inside.

Her partner quit, and the pub went non-smoking and within 3 months she was smoking a pack every few days. I don't she's quit yet, and that was years ago.
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I ate the most amazing cupcakes in the whole world last night...three of them and the were not small. Every body in the house all agreed they were to die for!
    Today, I worked out over 3 hours to burn 1500 calories! Won't do that again.
  • mikeybaybay
    Options
    my ipod is loaded with girly music! lol
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

I sometimes wake up in a cold sweat and an overwhelming sense of dread because I've dreamt that I became a smoker again. My wife told me I once (in my sleep) sobbingly confessed that I had secretly been smoking 7 packs a day and begged her forgiveness. No recollection of that whatsoever, but I know I have dreams about smoking.

I quit years and years ago and now definitely enjoy smoking in my dreams! Oh, and I've already got it planned that if we ever learn that an asteroid is going to hit earth (you know, we have some warning) I'm going out smoking!

55835802.png

• laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Apparently (according to various websites), the density of breast tissue is approximately 85% of that of water, so the most accurate measurement is to get a large bowl, place it in a baking tray, fill the bowl to the very top with water, dunk your bewb in the water until it is fully submerged (thus displacing the same volume of water as your bewb comprises) then measure the amount of water displaced into the tray (1ml of water = 1 gram), then multiply the grams of water by 0.85 to get the weight of your bewb.

[/quote]

This made me totally LOL ... Also, had a visual of me walking around trying to find bowls that fit my ginormous bewbs (I shall forever refer to them as bewbs BTW)