Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    I have a pretty good walk that I do on my lunch break. It's down the road a ways, up a super steep hill, down the other side and back around. It's fairly difficult, but I know a few people from my office do that route every now and then. I thought I was all alone, huffing and puffing up the hill and I was a bit gassy so I was letting one slip every now and then. I make it to the top and not 50 feet behind me is a co-worker...apparently I'd been crop dusting him the whole way up hill. I feel super bad about it and now I'm embarassed. I hope 50 feet was a good enough buffer to the let the smell disappate before he walked though it. Oops.

HAHAHA this is awesome!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    My mom made Thanksgiving food for dinner. So good. The only thing I regret is the stomachache afterward because I haven't been eating such big portions.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

Oh and I always eat the crust last in pies because it's my favorite part.

I always eat the crust first, because I like it the least. And more than once I've been told I eat pie "backwards".

So there's some rule about how to eat pie?

You do eat it backwards but you're right that it's the worst part. I often don't eat the crust at all.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I need to know whether all those people who confessed to still having their Christmas decorations up have taken them down by now. I was just out walking in my neighbourhood and was amazed at how many lights and wreaths are still up. Am considering starting a petition!

I WILL SIGN THAT!

LOL! I'm always shocked by how long some people leave it up. I love my Christmas tree, but on December 26, I want it gone, or the evening of Dec 25 if I happen to be home.

My neighbours have their lights up still (not lit, but on the house). Here it's not uncommon for people to leave them on their house most of the year, because no one wants to put them up/take them down in the cold.

I've seen a few people still have wreaths up on their doors, and I find that odd.

Here too (western Canada!) but we've had amazing weather since Christmas, so that's no excuse. Anyway, I'm not talking about un-lit lights, which are common, but giant snowmen on the lawn and garlands etc.

I'm in Alberta, just a bit north of Edmonton :)

I am in Central Saskatchewan and we have had nice weather this winter, until this month. It seems Mother Nature has stopped taking her meds. For instance, yesterday was -3C and tonight is supposed to be -38C.
  • Lefty1290
    spamarie wrote: »
    I really hate tomatoes, especially cooked tomatoes. I used to let people know if they asked, then they'd serve lasagne or pizza and be all surprised when I just couldn't eat it because it's got tomatoes in and they make me wretch.

So now I just tell people I'm allergic to them (I'm really not). Terrible but there's no other way to get people to accept I just don't like pizza.

I tell people the same thing about Strawberries. I hate them. The smell... it even makes me queasy to see people eat them. I say I'm allergic because there is no way I can eat something that has them in it, or has even been touched by one (if I'm served a glass of champagne with a strawberry on it, I can't just pull it off, I can't even had the wine poured into a new glass, I have to give it away and buy a whole new glass that's never seen one).

I feel the same way about mayo or mayo like sauces. I can't eat any food that has mayo on it or in it. Mayo to me is nothing, but a mouth full of disgusting.

I'm the same way about mayo and onions. I despise onions, raw or cooked. They're in everything. :(
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    After a week of being sick and ravenous eating, I'm at my heaviest since July, 235.2.

Also, I've been measuring my brown rice wrong, it says a serving size is 1 1/2 cups 146g, well I was measuring the 1 1/2 cups and sticking to that, which is like twice as much as 146g is. So I measured out 146g and I'll be going with that from here on out.

I bought a scale today and weighed my cereal. Who knew there was such a difference! Well, a lesson learned for sure.

Aww..yup decided to weigh out my oatmeal yesterday instead of just scooping up 1/2c of it. WOW, rather shocked in how much was left in the measuring cup when I poured the grams I needed into the bowl on the scale.

Soooo much simpler taking a measuring cup from the container though...might be why I never gave it a thought before. Typically I measure out everything else with the scale.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    My kids brought back some leftover donuts from their party and somehow one of them made it into my mouth. So that's 3 today. *sigh* Might as well have some ice cream cake tonight now too...
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    I confess that I am absolutely in love with what my booty looks like.

And I'm a momma that does what she wants, when she wants, and still has time for my two year old. ;)

I confess some MAJOR assumptions were made about a parenting life from some child-free individuals, and that irritates me because we still save, we still buy what we want. We can still have fun while being parents and it makes me sad how some child-free people see us.

I have lost 30 pounds, and though I have a really long way to go, I have really noticed the loss in my butt. My underwear and pants just hang there now. Every time I look at it in the mirror, I am all "Damn, girl!" It's enough to keep me going!

Totally adding you. :disagree: We can be in butt-love together. The downside is my chest, but I'll take that if I'm going to be under 200lbs by the end of next month. :smiley:
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I confess that I am absolutely in love with what my booty looks like.

And I'm a momma that does what she wants, when she wants, and still has time for my two year old. ;)

I confess some MAJOR assumptions were made about a parenting life from some child-free individuals
    , and that irritates me because we still save, we still buy what we want. We can still have fun while being parents and it makes me sad how some child-free people see us.

I can see that happening, but I've also been on the receiving end of assumptions from friends who have children. I remember a friend of mine made a comment about if she had my life she'd never have an issues paying her bills and I just don't know how hard it is to budget for 4 kids. It took everything in me to not say "it was your choice to have 4 kids." Plus, the comment came from nowhere, all I was doing was making sure that I didn't forget to pay my student loan bill. I wasn't complaining about not having money. It was weird.

Your friend (ex friend?) is just a weirdo. I mean, I could have another baby RIGHT now and still only have a slight increase (more diapers, I have literally everything else) and live just the way we are now. Not YOUR fault she doesn't know how to live within her means! :wink:

And FTR, I'm totally chill with people not wanting kids. What I find enjoyment and fulfillment in isn't a universal thing and I think the majority of parents know that. You just do your thing, I'll do mine! :smiley:
  • JennaD075
    JennaD075 Posts: 43 Member
    Sometimes I like to watch my exercise DVD's from the couch.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    I need to know whether all those people who confessed to still having their Christmas decorations up have taken them down by now. I was just out walking in my neighbourhood and was amazed at how many lights and wreaths are still up. Am considering starting a petition!

I WILL SIGN THAT!

LOL! I'm always shocked by how long some people leave it up. I love my Christmas tree, but on December 26, I want it gone, or the evening of Dec 25 if I happen to be home.

I think it should be legal to vandalize any house still decorated after new years.

But then I hate Christmas. And since it starts in October now, I want it gone asap.
  • meraki78
    meraki78 Posts: 43 Member
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

Sometimes I like to weigh myself in kilograms because the number is much smaller. Although I do know what the conversion is, at first glance it's better than triple digits.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member

I WILL SIGN THAT!

I think it should be legal to vandalize any house still decorated after new years.

But then I hate Christmas. And since it starts in October now, I want it gone asap.

Depends where you live - Florida or Arizona? Go for it. Up here, good luck getting through the snow to get to the house to vandalize it. Which is the same reason the decorations are still up, too.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I WILL SIGN THAT!

Depends where you live - Florida or Arizona? Go for it. Up here, good luck getting through the snow to get to the house to vandalize it. Which is the same reason the decorations are still up, too.

Hey, if you don't wanna take em down, don't put em up.

Same goes for election signs.
  • meraki78
    meraki78 Posts: 43 Member
    I have a pretty good walk that I do on my lunch break. It's down the road a ways, up a super steep hill, down the other side and back around. It's fairly difficult, but I know a few people from my office do that route every now and then. I thought I was all alone, huffing and puffing up the hill and I was a bit gassy so I was letting one slip every now and then. I make it to the top and not 50 feet behind me is a co-worker...apparently I'd been crop dusting him the whole way up hill. I feel super bad about it and now I'm embarassed. I hope 50 feet was a good enough buffer to the let the smell disappate before he walked though it. Oops.

OMG!!!! Love it:) that had me cracking up, not because of your embarrassment but because that would absolutely be something I would do. I think you were fine with the 50ft.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member

I WILL SIGN THAT!

OMG the election signs drive me batty! I always say I'll vote for whomever has the LEAST amount of signs set up.

• JPW1990

I WILL SIGN THAT!

I don't put them up, but I"m not going to bully my 80 year old neighbor for not breaking a hip trying to take a wreath off the fence.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,143 Member
    mandiRN1 wrote: »
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

Sometimes I like to weigh myself in kilograms because the number is much smaller. Although I do know what the conversion is, at first glance it's better than triple digits.

I weigh myself in kilograms (because I'm in a metric country) but keep track of losses in pounds because it sounds like SO much!!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    I think tomorrow I will turn the lights on the tree, in silent rebuttal to all of the Scrooges here.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member

We still have our lighted Rudolph and village up inside. But nothing outside. Also still using our Christmas plates.

• jenwen1
    jenwen1 Posts: 3 Member
    I have to have maltesers. Can be one Malteser (10cals) or half a Malteser or 6 maltesers, whatever happens in a day, I've got to finish my day with whatever I have left in calories in maltesers!!!! Working so far, 50days in and 22lb lost!!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    I opened my computer at school today, forgetting that I had music playing last time I closed it without bothering to pause it.

So everyone got surprise blasted with melodeath. Oops.
  • I hear my thighs "clap" so I kinda know what you mean. I can't go any jumping without peeing my pants, even if I go to the bathroom right before I workout. I hate it, I can't do group exercise bc in afraid I'll have an accident. I've also had 3 kids, and my weight has gone between 154 and 240.
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

• snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2015
    Because.
  • I quit smoking for an entire year, now back at er 4 smokes a day!!! grrrr........ why can't people eat a little peanut butter? just curious
  • Lefty1290
    why can't people eat a little peanut butter? just curious

Because it's delicious.

• JPW1990
    Had a scary reality check tonight. There are a few meds I have to take regularly, and right now, a few extra I'm temporarily on for pain until I get some dental work finished. Sitting on my desk right now are those, plus a few individual vitamins, advil, and some refills for almost empty bottles. All total, 11 medicine bottles.
    Lesson 1: I need to clean off my desk
    Lesson 2: That is the person I don't ever, EVER want to be, having to monitor and keep track of a dozen different medications just to exist day to day.
  • ericah971
    ericah971 Posts: 55 Member
    Confession: I feel bad for all the people eating peanut butter out of the jar without stirring syrup into it first. I can't have peanut butter and syrup in the house at the same time.

YESSSS! My absolute favorite. I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,143 Member
    My confession is, and I feel REALLY guilty about this, that one of my biggest inspirations for losing weight is my mum.

I LOVE my mum. We're very very close. And she's been overweight her whole life, and now in her early 60's she's got so many heath issues it scares me. She walks so slowly and is exhausted after a walk around a shopping centre. She needs a knee replacement and can barely climb stairs. She's on a heap of medications and has other health issues.

I want to lose weight now so I'm not trying to deal with being obese along with everything else when I'm her age. Many of her health issues are not directly caused or affected by her weight but I see her struggle with them as well as her weight and the issues it causes and it not only breaks my heart, it scares the crap out of me.

So yeah. My guilty confession is that I want to lose weight now so I don't end up struggling like my mum at an age where she should still be healthy and hale.
  • kimtab
    kimtab Posts: 64 Member
    I ate not one, but TWO donuts today. And I drank two beers when I got home. There goes mah goal for today!