Couch to 10K in 15 weeks?

Options

Replies

• rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to to do my third day today because my husband took off with my car keys by accident and I have to go to bed early :mad:

But I'm planning on going to do it tomorrow after work.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Checking in, just finished Week 1. You are right.......I am READY for week 2!!

This week was smooth. I am motivated, encouraged, and ready to roll! Can't wait to hear our results in 12 weeks!

Woot Woot!!!! I am really proud of you.... I also am excited to see the results! :wink:
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I wasn't able to to do my third day today because my husband took off with my car keys by accident and I have to go to bed early :mad:

But I'm planning on going to do it tomorrow after work.

It's all good... Tomorroe works too :laugh: Things happen and you have to ready to roll with the punches.
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm so addicted to running right now - I can't wait for tomorrow to get here. Its driving me nuts!
  • SouthernAngel
    Options
    Whose ready for week 2?!?! I can barely stand it...I am ready to run! Sounds like I'm not the only one, so happy to see so many motivated MFPers out there. Go go go!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I'm so addicted to running right now - I can't wait for tomorrow to get here. Its driving me nuts!

Excellent!!! And today is the day you get to RUN!!! :bigsmile:
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Whose ready for week 2?!?! I can barely stand it...I am ready to run! Sounds like I'm not the only one, so happy to see so many motivated MFPers out there. Go go go!

I am ready also! I can't wait to get off work :grumble: so I can make it to the gym :love: !!!
  • rissadiane
    Options
    I'm looking forward to going after I get out of work! 11 o'clock babyyyy! :laugh: :laugh:
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I'm looking forward to going after I get out of work! 11 o'clock babyyyy! :laugh: :laugh:

DID IT!!! I rocked that run too! How did everyone else do on the first run this week? :smile:
  • rissadiane
    Options
    I did good! I cut back my run from 5 mph to 4.5 mph which is a lot better for beginning to run. I was definitely pushing myself way too hard so this still gives me a burn without wanting to die. I think I like the longer time a lot better too. :happy:
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Glad I found this. I am on week 2, and starting week 3 on Saturday. Doing race for life 5 k on 19th June so not got much time to complete my training. I know I can do it now!
    I really want to do the bridge to 10k after this race. Does anyone know if there is a podcast for this as well? The C25K podcasts are really helping me!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I did good! I cut back my run from 5 mph to 4.5 mph which is a lot better for beginning to run. I was definitely pushing myself way too hard so this still gives me a burn without wanting to die. I think I like the longer time a lot better too. :happy:

Great Job! I am glad that you cut back your running pace :wink: This program is about getting you moving and completing the 9 weeks. You can always do the program a second time to increase speed :bigsmile:
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Hey everyone. Glad I found this. I am on week 2, and starting week 3 on Saturday. Doing race for life 5 k on 19th June so not got much time to complete my training. I know I can do it now!
    I really want to do the bridge to 10k after this race. Does anyone know if there is a podcast for this as well? The C25K podcasts are really helping me!

Hello! Congrats on starting the program! :bigsmile: I am not sure about the podcast, I use the app on my ipod. I would suggest that you google C210K podcast to see what you can find. I hope that you find out thread encouraging!! :flowerforyou:
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Hello! Congrats on starting the program! :bigsmile: I am not sure about the podcast, I use the app on my ipod. I would suggest that you google C210K podcast to see what you can find. I hope that you find out thread encouraging!! :flowerforyou:

I'll check my Itunes and see if there is anything on there!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I really needed this movitational quote today and think it will inspire us all!

Streak of bad luck
    If you’re having a bad day, or a bad week or year, it’s nothing personal. In fact, it’s nothing at all.

The fates are not malevolently aligned against you. You’ve just chosen to see it that way.

Your streak of bad luck will end at precisely the moment you decide it is over. The only thing that can make the future look bleak is your agonizing over the past, and that can end right now.

Misfortune is difficult when you’re living through it. Yet as you do live through it, you build strength, experience, determination, and a solid connection to authentic purpose.

Instead of seeing yourself as a victim of your troubles, realize that as of now, you are very much a beneficiary of them. Though the pain may be deep, the power is even more profound.

With a renewed sense of purpose, look forward and move forward. Your future is yours to choose.

— Ralph Marston

Read more: http://greatday.com/nmot/index.html#ixzz1M3Ru3HPf
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well this week with the 90/90 intervals!!!
  • SouthernAngel
    Options
    For week 2, I have 90/120 intervals :P But they are going good!!

Since I am doing 30DS along with C25K, my legs are in a constant burn :) A good burn, but a BURN. I found myslef giggling at my desk with how sore I was from yesterday's workout.
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    For week 2, I have 90/120 intervals :P But they are going good!!

Since I am doing 30DS along with C25K, my legs are in a constant burn :) A good burn, but a BURN. I found myslef giggling at my desk with how sore I was from yesterday's workout.

You and ev everyone else should! I lost my head when I updated the second week on the thread. :blushing:

Monday I did 90/90 intervals and didn't know why I was going to end at 27 minutes!? I lost my ipod in the car and used my phone as a timer and memory for the intervals... imagine my suprise today with the app on the ipod doing 90/120 :laugh:
  • FitMomma0722
    FitMomma0722 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ok...did week 2, day 1 today. Felt great! I ran on 6.0. burned over 300 calories in a half hour.
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Some car maintenance has altered my C25K schedule for the week, seeing as I've not been home for a few days and without my iPod. As soon as I get home today, I'm going to go to the gym, and I'll probably end up doing C25K W2 D1 LAAAATE this afternoon since its supposed to be hotter than Hades today.

When did we skip spring? :cry: