"Once I cut (blank) out of my diet, I lost weight"

Options

Replies

• Bogditzy
    Bogditzy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I drink tea now coffee No cream or sugar.

Snapple is awesome. 5 calories a serving. Always have enjoyed water.

I just dont need the soda

I started drinking tea quite a lot recently (and with no added sugar which is a surprise to me haha) + tons of water obv.
  • Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bogditzy wrote: »
    I drink tea now coffee No cream or sugar.

Snapple is awesome. 5 calories a serving. Always have enjoyed water.

I just dont need the soda

I started drinking tea quite a lot recently (and with no added sugar which is a surprise to me haha) + tons of water obv.

I started driniking tea around thanksgiving. Just the tea. I love it. Some types are better than others but I enjoy tasting the different brands and types. No added calories. Just tea
  • Fuzzbang
    Fuzzbang Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    High fructose corn syrup
  • aericksonendres
    Options
    I stopped drinking beer and cut out my afternoon Coca Cola. I lost 8 pounds in 1 month with no exercise. It also took away my salt/sugar cravings that I struggled with every day.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    sugar
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    KrisAZ000 wrote: »
    As others have said, calories. That's really it. Cutting out certain foods is not necessary. I haven't cut out any foods that I enjoy. Not even the refined carbs and sugar that some seem to think are so evil. I've lost 47 pounds and gotten my BMI down to 21.6 with no restrictions other than CICO. Still seeing consistent losses too. I have at least one treat every day. I've learned how to make it fit into my calorie goals, and eating what I want is a sustainable plan for me. I ate Pop Tarts after dinner tonight. I don't feel the least bit guilty either.

"Evil"?
    Hyperbole much?
    I have a treat every day as well.
    But you probably couldn't pay me to eat a pop tart. :D

It's been years since I've had a pop tart, though I used to love them. I go through these strange phases. For example, for years I would not eat mayonnaise because I just didn't like it anymore. Recently, I started eating it again and my taste has come back.

Maybe I will try a pop tart again and see if still like them. :)

I do that phases thing all the time. I do it with mustard and coffee.

• mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Most of the advice from subjective people on these forums....thinking what works for them works for everyone....
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    kiwiOT wrote: »
    I have no idea to be honest. Im at the beginning of my weight loss "journey" and Ive cut all junkfood out (incl soda) and my absolute faveorite: ice cream. Ive also on recommendation cut out white potatoes entirely, and carbs from my dinner. I guess I'll see how it goes..

It is possible to be lose weight without completely giving up any of those things you love. I'm not sure who recommended you cut out white potatoes and dinner carbs but that is wholly unnecessary to be successful. All that matters for weight loss is a calorie deficit, as is evidenced by the hundreds of posts in this thread saying that the only thing they've given up is excess calories.

I eat ice cream, pizza, and drink wine and have lost 30 lbs. I know others that have lost hundreds of pounds with nothing more than a healthy attitude toward moderation.

Since you are new here I strongly urge you to read the stickies at the top of the getting started page.

Good luck!

• WinoGelato
    Options
    mryak750 wrote: »
    Most of the advice from subjective people on these forums....thinking what works for them works for everyone....

If you're referring to the vast number of posts saying that you need to give up excess calories to lose weight, no, that's not subjective, that's science.
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

If you're referring to the vast number of posts saying that you need to give up excess calories to lose weight, no, that's not subjective, that's science.

I think most people understand one should eat less than they are now to lose weight.....
  • orlandodenise
    orlandodenise Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Calories BUT only when I also cut out virtually all carbs as Im no longer hungry! Plus alcohol as well :)
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I think most people understand one should eat less than they are now to lose weight.....

You'd be surprised. There are posters quite often that believe all that is necessary is to eat "clean" and that somehow negates the principles of CICO.
  • aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Alcohol
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

It's not just about eating less than what they normally do. I was eating/drinking close to 3500 calories a day. Even if I had cut 1000 calories from my diet, I still wouldn't have lost anything. In fact, I'd actually still have gained weight, albeit at a slower rate. CICO requires a little deeper understanding of the situation than just "eat less."
  • Ms_LisaKay
    Ms_LisaKay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have cut out full-cal soda (read: excess cals). My dental work was already excessive, so cutting acidic sugar water out was beneficial on many levels. In general, though, just excess calories. I -added- a focus on eating more nutrient-dense foods, actual exercise, and a growing understanding (and utilization) of macros.
  • jadumz
    jadumz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Calories is a lame answer! We all know that's the actual secret! Lol
    Mine was cutting out the taste tasting at work, work in a kitchen with cakes and sandwiches and loads of other nibbles! Absolute dream! I mean nightmare...
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Carbs, because my genetics hate me and I have a condition they exacerbate.
  • ear1011
    ear1011 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ICe cream! I'm working on alcohol too.
  • Alessa71
    Alessa71 Posts: 21
    Options
    Frozen yogurt (which was sugar free). Too hard to quantify calories.