Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Where do you guys get the Gelato Fiasco?

Fresh Market

i don't think the one down here has it….

sometimes the south really does suck….
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I've never had gelato. I should rectify that.

image.png

wwhellno.jpg

I've located a store that sells the brand you guys are talking about. I will be making a purchase soon.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    With regards to the OP's post, I wouldn't have thought gelato and ice cream would be taboo at all here on the MFP forums, in fact, there are a large number of people who lobby for eating what you want as long as it in with in calorie allowance for weight loss.

Weight loss is fine, but overall health I would have thought would be important too...no point in eating what you want to the detriment of overall health if eating what your want is detrimental to your health, but that's just me :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Fresh Market

I'm in Jacksonville, Fl. They don't always have it, but when they do I stock up.

Also grab the Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel if you see it.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    With regards to the OP's post, I wouldn't have thought gelato and ice cream would be taboo at all here on the MFP forums, in fact, there are a large number of people who lobby for eating what you want as long as it in with in calorie allowance for weight loss.

Weight loss is fine, but overall health I would have thought would be important too...no point in eating what you want to the detriment of overall health if eating what your want is detrimental to your health, but that's just me :)

depends on who you ask …

I believe everyone in this thread would say that ice cream is fine in the context of making sure that you have already hit micro/macro for the day and that you are staying within your calorie goal when consuming ice cream...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Our threads about gelato always end up getting bombarded with people telling us our insides are going to rot.

Which brings me to the end of your post-- health is absolutely important. Most of us focus on a diet that's balanced, has appropriate macros and micros, and then fits in a small amount of ice cream or other "indulgent" foods after nutrient goals are met. I've yet to see any evidence that a person can't have both health and ice cream.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Many people who suggest eating things in moderation also encourage making sure things fall within their macro goals. I enjoy having a poptart, ice cream and cookies every now and then if they fit my calories and macro goals... I'm in very good health and my blood work is perfectly normal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

It is. That's why, for most of us, we eat it in moderation. I hit my nutrient goals for the day and then add a treat at night. The 111 grams of gelato I just finished (which is a little over a serving) isn't going to derail me, as I still remained under my calories.

When it comes to weight loss, it's CICO.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I've been meaning to ask all of you about this. For the past three weeks I've picked it up and have put it down and have gotten Breyers Reese's ice creaminstead. I'm looking for maximum peanut butter and chocolate taste. Like chunks of pb. Will Talenti deliver that for me?

talenti peanut butter cup gelato is pretty amazing….
    Yeah, that fool up there raves about it. I personally thought it was just okay.

how is the sea salt caramel, I have not had that…

what the hell happened to raspberry cheesecake? I was loving that and then all of a sudden no longer in the store…*kitten*...

Sea salt caramel is the best caramel I've have of all brands to date. I will say that Steve's Salty Caramel is right there next to it. The only reason Talenti is ahead for me is the chocolate caramel truffles in it. If you added those same truffles to Steve's then it would blow the Talenti out of the water.

I saw Raspberry cheesecake the other day. I'm not a huge raspberry fan. Talenti is funny with distribution. All of a sudden a flavor will not be on supply in certain areas. Last year 5 hat happened with German Chocolate cake, I had it available but everyone else in the group couldn't find it.

Talenti is on sale at Shoprite this week. I bought Oatmeal Cookie and Peanut Salted Caramel.
    16-02-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

You need to give a full report on the Peanut caramel in the group please.
    Will do. I hope it's not like caramel cookie crunch (sorry ndj, I can't with that Flava)

I guess I am like the only person that likes that flavor…..

I love the caramel cookie crunch AND the raspberry cheesecake, you're not alone! *fistbump*

• ndj1979
    Options
    I've been meaning to ask all of you about this. For the past three weeks I've picked it up and have put it down and have gotten Breyers Reese's ice creaminstead. I'm looking for maximum peanut butter and chocolate taste. Like chunks of pb. Will Talenti deliver that for me?

talenti peanut butter cup gelato is pretty amazing….
    Yeah, that fool up there raves about it. I personally thought it was just okay.

how is the sea salt caramel, I have not had that…

what the hell happened to raspberry cheesecake? I was loving that and then all of a sudden no longer in the store…*kitten*...

Sea salt caramel is the best caramel I've have of all brands to date. I will say that Steve's Salty Caramel is right there next to it. The only reason Talenti is ahead for me is the chocolate caramel truffles in it. If you added those same truffles to Steve's then it would blow the Talenti out of the water.

I saw Raspberry cheesecake the other day. I'm not a huge raspberry fan. Talenti is funny with distribution. All of a sudden a flavor will not be on supply in certain areas. Last year 5 hat happened with German Chocolate cake, I had it available but everyone else in the group couldn't find it.

Talenti is on sale at Shoprite this week. I bought Oatmeal Cookie and Peanut Salted Caramel.
    16-02-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

You need to give a full report on the Peanut caramel in the group please.
    Will do. I hope it's not like caramel cookie crunch (sorry ndj, I can't with that Flava)

I guess I am like the only person that likes that flavor…..

I love the caramel cookie crunch AND the raspberry cheesecake, you're not alone! *fistbump*

*fistbump* back at ya!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Fresh Market

I'm in Jacksonville, Fl. They don't always have it, but when they do I stock up.

This is the one I was hoping for. No such luck in Houston. :(
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I totally forgot I was in this group, too. I just picked up three flavors tonight because they were on sale at Publix. I got chocolate fudge brownie, toasted almond, and sicilian pistacchio. The sale ends tomorrow, so I may be going back to stock up.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Fresh Market

I will do that …

I am in Pensacola ….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I totally forgot I was in this group, too. I just picked up three flavors tonight because they were on sale at Publix. I got chocolate fudge brownie, toasted almond, and sicilian pistacchio. The sale ends tomorrow, so I may be going back to stock up.

I like chocolate fudge brownie…never had toasted almond, and was not a fan of sicilian pistachio….

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

I get it at Fairway. There's one in Red Hook.

Ya I just looked it up and saw Fairway has it. I work near the Upper West Side one so maybe I'll stop in there.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

I like chocolate fudge brownie…never had toasted almond, and was not a fan of sicilian pistachio….

I really like pistacchio pudding, so I'm hoping it's like that.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Ya I just looked it up and saw Fairway has it. I work near the Upper West Side one so maybe I'll stop in there.
    The also have 2 Fairways in the city but you'll have to bring a cooler and a bag of ice to stop it from melting. I did that once when I brought 2 ice creams upstate in Poughkeepsie and once when I picked up 3 on the Lower east side. Both times the ice creams survived.

ha, thats nuts..

I could not imagine having to bring a cooler and ice when shopping for ice cream. ...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

The also have 2 Fairways in the city but you'll have to bring a cooler and a bag of ice to stop it from melting. I did that once when I brought 2 ice creams upstate in Poughkeepsie and once when I picked up 3 on the Lower east side. Both times the ice creams survived.

You needed it from the LES to Queens? I'm like a 45 min train ride from the UWS side Fairway so I thought it'd be okay.