March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Been snowing or blowing a freezing gale a bit here over the last few days, so the first run of the month had to wait until today. But we're underway now...

exercise.png
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    March 1: 5 miles Tread mill
    March 2: 5 miles ™
    March 3: 2 miles ™ + strength
    March 4: 5 miles ™ no runners high today

March Miles: 17
    Miles to Goal: 63
    Goal: 80

exercise.png
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - I am having runner's envy right now...64??!! Tank top??!! That sounds absolutely, 100%, AWESOME!!! Glad you were able to take advantage before the winter weather moved back in!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ohhim wrote: »
    Nice easy run tonight... as post-rest day runs seem to be the most fun. Spent part of the run visualizing crossing the finish line of my next marathon under my goal time... still, I don't think that training really works that way.

Sounds great!! And I think a number of sports psychologists would absolutely say it works that way!!! I read a bunch of articles once you got my curiosity piqued...this is the one I liked best!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-joann-dahlkoetter/sochi-olympics_b_4582950.html
    I agree with @HealthyFocused715‌ - visualization is a great technique to help you prepare for a competition, how you want to approach the course and how you want to run/finish. I also use it before my training runs. There have been many studies on the benefits and analysis of the results and it is used in many other sports, as well, as the article points out. I initially became familiar with it when my daughter was swimming.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'd love to join this group, *but* I'd prefer to not put a # on my miles - would that be OK? That's just not my most important running goal at the moment. ;)

I'm sure I'll tick the over 100 miles box for March (I ran 96 in Feb), but these goals would motivate me more...

1. Run a sub 25 minute 5k next weekend and/or place top 3 for my age group. (Current PR: 25:01 XC)
    2. Create a realistic, yet challenging half marathon plan with new running coach. (Current PR: 2:06, goal, sub 2-hour)
    3. Work to create a running plan for the rest of 2015. I have a couple races I'm registered for, a couple I'm eyeing. No plans really from mid-summer on.

I'm about to run a 3 right now, which would put my total miles at 17 for the month of March to-date. I hope I can still play!! I'd love being able to share some of my running conquests without annoying all my FB friends! Bwahahahaha
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I done 20 miles today

exercise.png
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @HealthyFocused715 I agree that a little tight is way better than a little loose. I just had to return a pair of running tights because they wouldn't stay up on my run. I had to hold my pants and try and push the double stroller on my inagural run in them. It was quite a sight!

@ohhim I firmly believe in the power of positive visualization. It worked wonders for childbirth (homebirth) and I am counting on it for my 1st marathon in April.

3/1... 3.5... 3.5
    3/2... 6... 9.5
    3/3... 6... 15.5
    3/4... 6.5... 22

22 done/138 remaining

I had a really nice surprise on my interval run this morning - a 5k "PR" (22:31). Not a lifetime PR since I have run faster in the way distant past but today was a post-kid PR. I have been working my a** off (literally and figuratively!) to get back to where I was before having kids and I am finally feeling like everything is coming together!
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this group, *but* I'd prefer to not put a # on my miles - would that be OK?

Of course; Just Do It Run
  • RunTimer
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yeah! The sun is coming out earlier (now if we can get back to normal tempartures.. :wink: )
    • 02 - 05.10 miles
    • 04 - 04.80 miles
    exercise.png

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I ran in the woods beside the racing river, aiming for the mud puddles ... pure bliss at 65 degrees today! Snow and ice again tomorrow.

exercise.png

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1194aaf192bb80c.gif

3/2 = 5.09 miles
    3/3 = 3.11 miles
    3/4 = 3.27 miles

Ran with snow on the ground, snow in my face, snow everywhere. Snowplows were running and lungs were burning with cold, so it was too hard to find my zen today, but my son got to join me. His legs are longer than mine, so I had to step up my pace just a notch. Five days left until my runs are restricted, so I don't mind the extra work.

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

3/1 - 2.25 miles - walking, and another 2.25 miles - walking
    3/2 - 1 mile - running, 1 mile - walking, and another 2 miles - walking
    3/3 - 5 miles - walking ***that single mile of running was a mistake***
    3/4 - 2.25 miles - walking

• ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 9.3 miles (hot chocolate 15k - 1 hour 25 minutes)
    3/3 - 3 miles

12.3 miles done - Goal 75-104 miles
  • Twiggyld
    Twiggyld Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a little late joining but I need the motivation to be back on track for some upcoming races. http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGmE8of/exercise.png
    I'm in for 100km this month.
  • Twiggyld
    Twiggyld Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm a little late joining but I need the motivation for some up coming races this spring. I'm in for 100km this month.
    exercise.png

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    1 - 12mi
    2 - 8.2mi
    3 - 8.2mi
    4 - 10mi

Total: 38.4mi

Mar goal: 275mi

• nejaustin
    nejaustin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • RunTimer
    Options
    Nothing new..just couldn't resist showing of the new Ticker (thanks @Nottafattie‌ )
    • 02 - 05.10 miles
    • 04 - 04.80 miles
    5df001ff0764e00.gif

• DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Run#2 - 3.5 miles = Total of 7 miles / 43 mile goal