Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @mnwalkingqueen - When in doubt, always try to err on the side of eating more bacon. ;) Ha! As if food labels aren't confusing enough....grr. My thing is when I eat cereal. My eye always underestimates how much I'm pouring. I measured this morning and discovered I've probably been serving myself 35 g instead of 30 g in the morning. Little bits add up!

@NK1112 - Good luck with your colon prep today! Power through and make sure you have something to read during your frequent restroom trips. There is almost nothing good about doing the prep, but at least they give you great drugs during the actual colonoscopy, so you won't feel/remember much of anything. Oh...step on the scale before your procedure- I bet you'll see that huge clean-colon dip. Even though it's temporary, it might be fun to see that smaller number on the scale.

@tlh0407 - Great job getting to the gym even though your sister was not feeling well. It's hard to follow through on the plan when your work out buddy has to bail.

@kah68 - Good luck with your MRI today!

@jennbo83 - Glad you're finding new foods to be tasty! When my kids don't like something new that I've made, I try to do a sales pitch and exaggerate how much I love the taste myself. My 7 year old will sigh and say, "Mom. You know that grown-ups don't have as many taste buds as kids, right?" meaning that I can't taste how disgusting this new food is! ;)

@kelmomto3 - It's awesome that your boss noticed you're getting more fit! I've been trying to go to bed earlier, but I still stay up kind of late. I've had calories left at the end of the day this week, so I'm just making sure that my late night snack is something with protein and vegetables, and I'm keeping it to just one snack.

@Tanya949 - I hope your new chiropractor helps and you don't have the pain tonight!

@RobinsEgg - It's good to see you back on MFP and healing. I hope you continue to make good progress.

@Lauriek70 - I'm singing along with the Von Trapps, too! Now if only I had a large staircase from which to wave away!

@cblue315 - I pray that you and your husband can stop the blaming and find that place where you can love and serve each other again.

@ereilly311 - I have had to eat something after dinner the last two nights, but I'm limiting it to one snack, within my calorie limit and making sure it has protein and veggies.

AFM- My Wednesday wish is that I will stick to tracking accurately, keep exercising and lose 11 lbs in the next three weeks.....sigh. I haven't lost enough weight to qualify for the first refund on the weigh loss challenge at the shoe store. :( I need to lose 5% by the end of March to qualify to get half my registration fee back. On the plus side, my husband did lost 2% and weighed in every week so far, so he received his first refund.

March:
    Calorie Goal- 2/21
    Exercise Goal- 2/12
    Veggie Goal-9/93 servings
    Lift Goal: 1/8
    Leg Press-185/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 152.5/165
    Back- 152.5/165
    Triceps- 82.5/90
    Biceps- 82.5/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Tlh0407- I do make him pay for his cell phone, car insurance right now. I am a little worried because he brought me all the money for those bills but yet hasn’t gotten his last check or a new job.
    @jennbo- Good for you on the food changes. I don’t use salt at home when cooking or as a season either but Mrs. Dash is awesome and comes in so many flavors.
    @Kelmomto- I love ice cream and the stuff from the grocery store doesn’t have as much calories as DQ.
    @Tanya- Hope your neck feels better soon.
    @cblue- Glad hubby did go with you sorry it wasn’t how you hoped it would go. Hugs.
    @Hansea- You can do it!! Congrats to hubby for getting a refund.
    @RobinsEgg- I read your new post and how uplifting I could hear the positiveness in your comments. So happy you are becoming more at peace.

AFM- Wed Wish is that my job would stop laying off people. I am tired of being on pins and needles wondering if I will lose my job or not. They are to lay off a huge amount of people over all divisions over the next several weeks. I walked 7.28 miles yesterday and 17,000 steps I was so pleased especially since it was super cold out here and I had to ride the city bus to Target. I read a blog where a person said whatever your comfort food is (for me fast food) before deciding to eat it determine on scale of 1-10 (10 well worth it) how worth it is to you to eat it. DQ is a 4 to me so not worth the calories at all in my book and honestly there are some day fast food would be low also. Small changes I guess.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That when I take my van in to the shop tomorrow that it’s not something major. My husband’s car needs about $550 of work done, I really hope we can get by cheaply on my van (although when even your kids say it sounds funny, it might be bad).

@Kelley…I hope the things that you’ve been thinking of work out for you soon. I am also wishing you luck with the Achilles.
    @jennbo83…remember that this journey is 80% what you put in your mouth and 20% exercise. I know it’s frustrating to have an injury but just stay focused on the food and it’ll come.
    @Robin…how fun would that cabin getaway be for us??? 
    @Laurie…like Robin, I definitely was hearing the Von Trapp kids singing that song. Probably my all time favorite movie. And if I was having the winter a lot of you were having, I’d be wishing Winter farewell as well.
    @Lori…so glad your husband showed up for the session. I know from experience that the first one is a tough one and I hope you don’t get discourage. The first one is a lot of airing the dirty laundry and only after that is done can you move on. I’m so glad he went.
    @Hansea…we had scalloped potatoes and ham last night and my oldest reminded me that he tries it every time and he hates it every time (you’d think I make it weekly – if we have them 4 times a year, I’d be shocked). He’s still my picky eater at 13. How come he only had to lose 2% but you have to lose 5%?
    @Holly…great walking yesterday!!! I hope the layoffs stop for you. Stress over money/job/etc doesn’t help with healthy living/choices.

Yesterday I did a great job on all my “MFP” goals. However, I did not get my living room totally cleaned – I did get part of it done so I’ll finish today. My husband was wonderful and did the kitchen and swept. I just didn’t have very much time at home yesterday. I realized I was out of ingredients for the cakes I needed to make today so after picking up Girl Scout cookies, we headed to the store. That’s where we decided to do scalloped potatoes and ham so as soon as I got home, I got that going. Went to the gym and then when I got back my son and I started a game of Scrabble. Then I talked on the phone with my BFF for about an hour and finally had to get to bed. I know some people do work while on the phone, but I’ve never been that way.

Today is a break day for my working out. I work until 3:30 and then I have to decorate a golf themed cake. I’ve done one before so I know what I’m doing. She’s picking it up tonight at 7:00. It was suppose to be tomorrow morning, but I’ve got a phone conference with the VP of my company so I can’t really skip that to sell cakes, since they give me a paycheck.  Emma and I will be heading to the church from 5-7:30. I’ll take her home so she can get to bed on time and then I’ll head back for choir practice. I’m kinda glad the cake has to be done by 7:00 tonight so I can just relax when I get back from choir.

Today’s Goals:
    • 75 oz of water
    • Stay within calorie goal
    • Finish the golf cake
    • Finish cleaning my living room
    • Church Activities

March so far – Weekly goals:
    • Cardio – 1/3
    • Lifting – 1 / 2
    • Water – 3/5
    • Calories – 3/6
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Thanks kind folks for cheering me up with this colon cleanse for my procedure. My dad had colon cancer so it's a frequent 'fun' thing that both my sister and I have to go through. Therefore, my Wednesday Wish is that I wasn't hungry ... it's a liquid diet today and chicken broth, tea, and water just don't fill me up so very well. Juices are off limits for me. However, I'll be a 'big girl' about it!

@ereilly - here is an interesting article on Wikipedia about Slavs ... somewhere, way, way back in our geneology we might have forebearers in common!
    - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs#Ethnocultural_subdivisions

March challenge
    calories: over limit yesterday
    walk - a short one yesterday
    kitchen KP goal yesterday ... not completed but on it's way.

Today I had an opthalmology appointment to check on how I'm doing with the Glaucoma diagnosis I'm in treatment for and I was very happy to hear that my eyes are healthy and that there is no sign of damage from either the Glaucoma or the Diabeties. Yeah! My next check-up is in September.

Now I'll have another cup of tea.
    Follow-through, Niki
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: Weight related I’m sure I could list a LOT of things. Right now, I just wish Cyrus would quit making excuses and get his butt in gear with his school work. I gave him a “little” leeway with our move and making a change in the middle of 7th grade was not the easiest, BUT this Mama Bear is about to GROWL!!! I think he’s playing me now and I’m tired of the games. I’ve already had one conference with his teachers and about to call another one with him in attendance. He needs to quit making excuses. Done ranting.

@MNwalkingqueen/Holly – I’m trying to do the same thing. Just focus on my food first and the exercise will come next. One hurdle at a time. Of course, I just read your post about 17,000 steps – WOW!!! I know what it feels like to be on pins and needles about a job. It’s so tough!! Hopefully, you’ll just keep doing what you’re doing and your hard work will pay off.

@Laurie – How many snows days do you guys normally plan for? I always feel so bad for these kids going to school into June. I really hate those state test. I know why they’re given, but I just wish there wasn’t so much emphasis. I’m sure this weather has completely thrown everything off kilter. Your workout on Monday made me tired just reading it, but GOOD FOR YOU!!!

@Tanya – Post NO FAST FOOD every day if that helps. You know we don’t care and will support your efforts.

@Cblue/Lori – As Robin wrote, I think many of us who have gone through divorce can relate in so many ways. We were not even married half of the years that you guys have shared. We were married about 6 years and separated for 6 months. During this time, we both agreed to counseling (I’m glad your husband did go. I know how tough it can be). It was tough for me because I was told I needed to step back and my ex needed to step forward. I couldn’t accept that because if I didn’t push things (paying bills, work around the house, work in general) things wouldn’t get done. We did reconcile and that’s when I got pregnant with Cyrus. Unfortunately, during Cyrus’ first year, I knew his dad hadn’t changed and I wanted to provide a better future for Cyrus (and me too) so I asked for a divorce. We separated again for 6 months, but I was an enabler in many ways and I wanted to change him, which was wrong of me. Divorce was the best answer for us. He was who he was, but I had changed and wanted so much more out of life (and for Cyrus too). It was the best decision for me that I could have made. I’ve now been divorced 10 years, which is just as long as I was married. Cyrus was only 2 ½ and I never in a million years thought I would be a single parent with a toddler. Life is good and I have no complaints!!

@Melifornia – Have fun!!!!

@Goinstd12/Tracy – Hugs my friend! Your post on Monday was not a vent, but truly a heartfelt struggle. It’s so hard watching our loved ones struggle, but to watch them become people we don’t recognize and at no fault of their own. A caretaker is often so overlooked. Everyone is so focused on the person who is sick or struggling they forget to take care of the caretaker too. I know it’s a tough balance, but you have to take care of YOU too. You have your own health battles too. I forgot, but did you have any children close by or perhaps someone else who can provide a little support?

@Skinny/Karen – Totally understand about your MIL. Either way it’s tough for all parties involved that’s for sure. At least your DH has somewhere to go since you offer him a “bad situation”. OMG!!! Thanks for explaining the two games. I thought flippy cup was a drinking game, but didn’t want to just assume. LOL!!

@Hansea – Late night snacking is an issue for me as well. I’ve always used it as my “me time” that I deserve after a long day of work, single parenting, etc. . . . ALL excuses is what it is. Sigh.

@Kah68 – Hope your heel heals.  Try and say that 10 times fast. LOL!! Hugs my friend and hopefully the things on your mind come to rest.

@kelmomto3 – We’ll take any of those compliments that’s for sure. Looking fitter is AWESOME!!

@Robin/Ellen – Beautiful update and words cannot express how proud I am of you!!!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @NK1112‌ - As awful as the prep is, it is so necessary. Three years ago they found cancer on my first colonoscopy. I had surgery a week later and they got it all. Took out a 6 inch and piece of colon and my illiem terminus. I have had very few repercussions and am so grateful I decided to go for the first colonoscopy. Both I have had since then have been clear so I do not have to do another for 2 more years.

The cancer was very close to breaking through the colon wall and had I waited another couple of months the prognosis would have been very different.

To everyone:
    GET YOUR COLONOSCOPY, IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Sorry about the shouting but I am such a proponent of these preventative things.

Love to all,
    Lori <3

Wednesday Wish - Cancer free for Niki!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @susan - Isn't having a middle schooler fun? Except for that part where they tend to be so flaky from day to day. Just a suggestion from my experiences with mine: Be very clear and explain to Cyrus what you expect as far as his school work is concerned. Lay out what the consequences will be if he fails to meet your expectations. Then take a deep breath and a step back. Don't be afraid to let him stumble and fall. If he does, calmy follow through with whatever consequences you communicated to him. Let him learn the value of self motivation. The beauty of middle school is that it doesn't count. Better to have him learn these lessons now than in HS where it will impact his college options.

AFM - Great day both food and exercise wise. Tomorrow is my official weekly weigh in and I hope I'm down at least a pound or two. Really need to get my winter fat layer gone before I have to wear Spring clothes!

1. At or under calories 6/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average. 3/4

2. Walk at least 6 times per week, at least 3 miles each walk. 2/4

3. Note daily calories and miles in calendar and weight on Thursday morning. 4/4

4. Check in here every day if only to read the posts and keep current on the thread. 4/4

2015 Mantras:

Live like someone left the gate open (Live Joyously)
    Persevere

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    No fast food today... though it wasn't without a LOT of inner dialogue. Feeling sucky because of my neck pain, my first thought was "I'm hurting, this will make me feel better". Then it was "I'm going to post on the thread that I had fast food and have no regrets". Then I thought "I don't want to have to post that I've failed so soon." So... in the end I thought of what I could eat when I got home after physio, and bypassed the Mc Donald's that smelled of fries. Huge NSV.

I saw the new chiropractor today, and she did things differently than the previous one. She spent a lot more time hands on, but maybe that's just her way of getting to know my condition a bit better as an extension to reading my file notes. She did a really good job of pinpointing my painful/tender areas, then gave me an adjustment. So far, I like her. I saw the physiotherapist first, then the chiropractor, so between the 2, my neck and shoulders were manipulated for almost a full hour! Needless to say I'm quite sore and on the verge of headaches as a result, but there is some improvement from yesterday, and at least today my painkillers are working.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm sitting here listening to the freezing rain hit the windows--yep, its at it again. Supposed to do this/sleet all night and switch over to snow later--should be done by the a.m. rush hour but the roads will be slick. Counting down the days until sunshine and spring! :wink:

@mnwalkingqueen‌~I saw on the news this morning about Target's layoffs, I hope your position is spared. WTG on hitting 17,000 steps yesterday-wow!

@Tracy~Yikes, I hate car problems. I hope yours is an easy and inexpensive fix--not a good sign if the kids sense a problem. :frowning:

@Tanya949‌~I sure hope the new chiropractor can bring you some relief soon.

@Susan~Uh, oh you're raising a "tween," they sure tend to push buttons at that age. I hope he doesn't get too stubborn with you, but somehow I know you'll put your foot down. :wink:

AFM~Had MRI this morning, ran into one of the radiologists this afternoon he hadn't read entire test yet but at first glance said "insertional tendinopathy," said he would have more definitive answers tomorrow (he needed to compare it to the last MRI & today was a crazy, busy day with patients)--then he'll send report to my doctor, no idea what he's going to want to try next. :fearful: No walking so far this week, the weather hasn't cooperated--its supposed to be sunny on Fri/Sat, so should be able to get out there those two days (unless my doc decides to bench me).

• ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well this was a wicked long day for me! I am so exhausted right now and sore. Sorry no personals tonight, just want to check in. I came home from work at 2:15 just came in to change and then went to the gym. After an hour I headed to a pitching practice for my pitchers, then to kickboxing, and then back to the school to pitch with one of my senior pitchers that couldn't make it earlier. I finally got home around 8:45pm. I'm ready for bed! I'm sore from the last few days too, its all catching up to me. Last night's workout with the girls in the weight room we did a lot of dead lifts, and I didn't feel it while doing it, but wow my hammy's were sore today! I need to figure out something to make for an after dinner snack/dessert that is healthy. Last few nights I have eaten dinner and like 20 minutes later I'm hungry again. Last night I had a banana, tonight I own't have anything because I just want to get to bed. Hope you all had a great day!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    cblue- with tomorrow's school closing we will have used all 5 of our emergency snow days. If schools are closed on Friday, then they will start taking days off of Spring Break. Our last day is June 18. If we go over by many more days, they have the option of asking the State Board of Education for a wavier of days.

Kelley-IKES on the freezing rain/ snow again. Right now my area is getting rain that is suppose to switch over to freezing rain then snow throughout the night. Right now they are predicting anywhere from 4-10 inches of the white stuff. I too am ready for Spring. I hope the MRI provides some answers.

Tanya- Great job on avoiding the fast food and overcoming that temptation. Sounds like the new chiropractor is a good fit for you.

Susan- You would be amazed at how many excuses middle schoolers make about their school work. Set clear expectations for school work/grades and consequences for not completing work then stick with them. A conference with his teachers and him present is a great idea. You can always start the meeting without him then have guidance or Admin call him to the meeting. This allows everyone to be on the same page including Cyrus. I am sure you have but if not, make sure you are getting to know his friends at the school. He maybe lowering his standards to fit in with his classmates and the other issue is that the girls have taken notice of him so his head has been turned. Sadly, 7th grade is not to young for the young romances to start. Message me if you need more suggestions.

Niki- Good luck for the colonoscopy. Great news about the eyes!!!

Robin- It appears shoveling will be the exercise of choice for tomorrow. At least, it will be a good strength workout several times throughout the day. I like to shovel the snow and just being outside is a plus. However, I am ready for spring.

Holly- Small changes is the way to go. Asking yourself is it worth and do I really need this are great questions and will get you thinking about your choices.

Hansea- Have you taken your measurement lately, since the scale is not moving your body may be changing in due to inches lost. I have no doubt that you will lose the weight.

mountmary- I am also looking forward to the signs of Spring poking up from the ground.

Erin- Great that you were not overly sore today. If you did a new workout that focuses on arms, you can expect them to be sore. It will be a good sore and one that usually tells me I have worked a set of muscles that needed to be pushed.

Hurray, the long range forecast is showing temperatures in the 50's with sunshine!!!

This week I have made it to the pool twice which is huge for me, since I typically don't swim during the work week. Tonight, I swam for about 1.5 hours and went about 2200 yds maybe more since I lost count several times. The best part was that I did a 500 warm up and a 800 cool down with all free style.

Wish- That my area does not get the 6-10 inches of snow that is predicted, maybe only 4-6 would be fine that way I can go climbing on Friday night. If we get the amounts of snow predicted, I don't want to be on the roads Friday night unless they really clear up but it won't get above freezing all day on Friday. However, I should be able make it to the gym on Friday if the roads are clear.

Exercise goals
    Sunday- Rest
    Monday- mini-triathlon and trainer DONE
    Tuesday- Rest due to weather freezing rain
    Wednesday- Swim
    Thursday- Shoveling snow
    Friday- climbing or gym
    saturday- Swim

Mantra- Determination and consistency.

For everyone in the path of this latest winter storm stay safe and warm.

• pgroni
    pgroni Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    This is my first post here. I am struggling with the last 60 pounds to lose.
    Sw 395. Cw 240 goal 170-180.
    thanks.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @mnwalkingqueen - I hope you're not among the people that have to be laid off at work. My husband's employer goes through cycles of huge hiring and huge lay offs, depending on how large and how many contracts they have. We just went through 1-2 years of lay offs, always wondering if he would make the cut. He ended up having to change positions because they eliminated most of his department and shift, but I think it will be for the best. We're just glad he still has a job.

@tlh0407 - The rules of the weight loss challenge are to weigh in weekly and lose 2% by week 8. Then you get half your registration fee back in the form of a gift certificate to the store. If you lose 3% more (for a total of 5%) by week 12, you get the rest refunded, in a gift certificate. Last year, I used my gift certificates to buy new running shoes. I want to do the same again this year, but it's not looking too promising. I know my husband will let me use his certificate to buy my shoes if all else fails. :)
    Hope your van is noisy, but not too damaged.

@NK1112 - Yay for healthy eyes!

@susan2396 - Hang in there. In just ten years, Cyrus will realize how wise you are about everything. And in twenty years, maybe he'll have a kid and be desperate to have them do their homework!

@cblue315 - Shout away. Colonoscopies are so important!

@Lives2Travel - Ah. The winter fat layer. I think since it's been so extra cold this year, that's why I'm hanging on to mine long!

@Tanya949 - Great job talking yourself out of fast food! I could almost smell those fries just reading your post!

@kah68 - I hope you don't get benched!

@ereilly311 - This week, I've been making myself a yogurt, strawberry, blueberry, carrot, spinach, milk smoothie at night. Mine's under 200 calories, which is fitting into my count for the day.

@Lauriek70 - I haven't taken my measurements this month yet. Unfortunately, I know they won't help much either. My pants are tight, too. :( Just these last four days of accurate tracking and exercising heavier have dropped my weight almost four pounds and I feel less bloated, so I know I'm going in the right direction again now.

@pgroni - Welcome! You've found a great place for support. And cats are always encouraged, so nice profile pic. :)

AFM- My day off, so we know what that means....it's mega-housework day! Dum da da da! *Supergirl flies off to do laundry, balance checkbook, dust, vacuum and other misc chores!*

Thursday Truth: I was probably experiencing some winter blues the past few months which left me unmotivated. I am remembering again why it's so important to count every bite and that I must move often and vigorously! :)

March:
    Calorie Goal- 3/21
    Exercise Goal- 3/12
    Veggie Goal-12/93 servings
    Lift Goal: 2/8
    Leg Press-185/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 152.5/165
    Back- 152.5/165
    Triceps- 82.5/90
    Biceps- 82.5/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Perfect week food and exercise wise and a lousy .6 of a pound lost. I'm disappointed, but I will PERSEVERE. I just wish I hadn't let myself go to the point that I'm worried about my spring clothes being uncomfortably tight. Why oh why do I do this to myself?
  • NewCaddy
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I’ve been getting frustrated with my weight as I’ve been so good lately and have seen everywhere from staying the same to gaining 5 pounds. Well, today it showed up 8. I got off and back on and it showed -2. Tried it again and it showed +3. Took out the battery and going to replace it. I sure hope that’s what was wrong and that magically with a new battery it’ll show correctly (and down).

@Susan…moving in the middle school ages (or at least for us) is hard on kids. Jacob had such a hard time. I don’t blame his current school issues on the move anymore but right away, he was too sad on the inside to be focused on school. Plus 7th grade is hard anyway! We can do the same thing…just stay consistent. Eventually, they’ll figure it out – I have confidence. Everyone here has given some great advice that I’ll be using too.
    @Lori…what age do they suggest starting those colonoscopies if there is no family history, do you know?
    @L2T…Jacob and I have that conversation quite often about this is his last year to figure it all out. That HS is where the grades really count. And those consequences are starting to drive me crazy! We’re sticking by our guns, but man it would be nice if he could do something fun again, just so he quits being so hard to live with. I remind him he’s doing it to himself, but…
    @Tanya…hope this chiropractor works out.

AFM…Well, I missed my calorie goal yesterday.  I will still under maintenance, but dang it! I was going to eat at church and the meal was going to be great for my calories – Vegetable soup with beans. The spicing of it was awful (or at least to my taste buds). Which ultimately meant I didn’t eat until 9:15 so I went through the drive thru and made a bad decision and got onion rings.

I really do feel so bad for all of you suffering from a bad winter, but I am very excited that we will be in the 40s, 50s or 60s for the next 10 days! I’m sure that’ll pop down to normal again by the 16th as that is the start of the track season for Jacob. HA!

Today, I head to the gym. Not sure if it’s a cardio night or weights – I’ll let my sister take the lead on that one. But since I’ve missed my calories for this week, I WILL hit my calorie goal today.

Today’s goals:
    75 oz of water
    Calorie goal
    Gym
    Bed by 10:30

March so far:
    Cardio – 1 / 3
    Lifting – 1 / 2
    Water – 4 / 5
    Calories – 3 / 6
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    I have been gone for awhile. Have not wanted to eat correctly. Will start today listing food to stay at my calorie goal for dropping extra weight. Thanks for listening.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    pgroni- Welcome, the last of the weight is very hard to lose. Have you tried switching things up?

Hansea- I took my measurements today and was disappointed since most of them did not change even after several months. I need to make some changes again just not sure what they should be at this point.

Soosun- Welcome back. Today is a great day to start over.

Well, the snow finally started here this morning about 7 hours later than expected. My area is projected to only receive 3-6 inches versus the 4-8 that was predicted. That is fine with me. I will be doing plenty of shoveling today since I will do it in spurts because the snow is a heavy snow (very wet) instead of a dry snow.

Now, I get to enjoy a snow day since schools and most of the state (MD) is closed today.

I will be back later. I want to get a few things done for school while I have the time and the energy. Something tells me I will be napping later today, since I did not sleep well last night.

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @soosun‌ - Today is the best day to come back!

@tlh0407‌ - Colonoscopy - If there is no family history you start at age 50. Then every 3 years is the current protocol.

@Lauriek70‌ - I think it may have been you or skinnyjeans who suggested slowing my pace on the treadmill. Thank you.

B) NSV - I ran a mile non stop today!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Really slow but I never stopped and I did not slow to a walk. It was one of my March goals and it is only the 5th. Whoop! Feeling a little sassy.

Thursday Truth - I now realize how sloppy my logging was getting. I am back to tracking everything and it is really hard. I am determined to stay within my goals daily. Tomorrow will be hard as I may not make it to the gym.

Thanks to all for your opening your hearts here. I gain so much from your ups and downs.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    The weather we're having lately is not the normal, it's very weird. We did get freezing rain and then depending on where u live 2-7" of snow, I have about 3". I haven't gone to work yet ( my boss has tho), I'll try in the next hour or two--provided I can get out of neighborhood. Schools are closed. Luckily sun is out & temps will improve by tomorrow--back to my 60-70 degree days next week! :smile:

@Amanda~I think the weather has been my issue lately too!

@Tracy~I hate it when the scale taunts me like that! I hope it's the battery.

8mqnmuuxqr3z.jpg

My front yard this morning.
  • NewCaddy
    Options
    New battery is in. I stepped in the scale 4 times and it registered the same each time. Yippie! I am down 1.8 pounds.