Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    prof_newme wrote: »
    Jmraichl wrote: »
    I have an Jawbone UP. Looking for other buddies.
    I have an UP too...I got it last month and am liking it so far.any tips?

I've been wanting to get one but Jawbone isn't compatible with my phone (Galaxy S3 Mini) :( So I've been thinking about the Fitbit Charge or Charge HR since while I want a new phone I can't afford that right now but can afford the Fitbit.
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I really like my jawbone so far...i heard about a new device that is only 10$ but it has mixed reviews
  • brookeschooley319
    Options
    I've been there!!! I'm down 75# since last April.... You can do it
  • prof_newme
    Options
    I found a great new recipe... just sharing http://www.onceuponachef.com/2009/11/roasted-brussels-sprouts.html I ate 1/4 of the tray for only 100 cal
  • terrylhatcher
    terrylhatcher Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread of motivational conversation!!! I want to get rid of about 120 lbs!!! I lost 120 lbs in the past two years but gained about 40 back and I cannot seem to get back with it! I am going to the gym and really enjoy it! I just cannot seem to get back to eating clean !! I have kicked eating sugar but still eating too much other stuff ! If anyone wants to add me I would love to join you on this journey !! Do your best every day!!
  • didjaever
    didjaever Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is such a great thread. I have spent the day reading each and every post here. Your motivation and successes is very encouraging. Thanks @shirayne for starting us off.

I have about 80lbs to lose. I gained 50 of the 80 lbs in the past five years when I had some life changes. I am tired of using that as an excuse and tired of feeling sick and tired. Tomorrow will be my first weight-in since starting MFP one week ago. I am hopeful and excited.
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome @didjaever‌.
  • prof_newme
    Options
    Good luck @Didjaever
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been there!!! I'm down 75# since last April.... You can do it

Rockstar!! Inspiring.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome terrylhatcher and didjaever! We certainly have some great active folks in here who are truly motivational! We look forward to sharing this journey with you!

@prof_newme‌: Thanks for that recipe! I love brussel sprouts!
  • chloeboox2015
    Options
    Hi everyone, these posts are amazing! I love all the support and tips going on! I have around 80 pounds to lose for my wedding in September next year but have been struggling on what to eat! I'm quite fussy and can't eat gluten or dairy due to intolerances! Am looking forward to seeing more recipes and tips on this thread
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to catch up on all these posts, you ladies are great support and motivation. Today marks 1 weeks since I've had any fast food and only having one soda a day. I was eating out at least 4 times a week sometimes 2 meals a day. Plus drinking 2-4 Coke's a day. Today is supposed to be a beautiful day and most of the snow has finally melted so I'm hoping to go for a walk this afternoon after work.

I saw a few of you have either the Jawbone or the FitBit. Do you like them? I've been really going back and forth about getting one.
  • prof_newme
    Options

I saw a few of you have either the Jawbone or the FitBit. Do you like them? I've been really going back and forth about getting one.

I have a jawbone. I really like it. I didn't realize how sedentary I was. It really motivates me to move more. The thing I like about the jawbone over the fit bit is that it buzzes if I've been sitting too long. I also love the alarm feature. I feel like I'm waking up less tired
  • didjaever
    Options
    Down 6lbs this morning. I am very happy with my first week. Thanks all for your support.

My goal for this week is to aim for 6,000 steps each day.
  • prof_newme
    Options
    way to go @didjaever 6000 steps is a great goal! I'm only up to 5500. But all this motivation is encouraging me to step it up.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    @didjaever‌: Fantastic results! Keep up the great work!
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @want2bhappy31 love my fitbit!
  • didjaever
    Options
    5612 steps today. Not the 6000 I was hoping for but close enough. Eating was good.

How did everyone do today?
  • prof_newme
    Options
    My day is still winding down.
    Last check I was at 5646 steps but I'm not done. Thanks for the inspiration @didjaever‌.
    I made some lean beef and spinach meatballs that the fam liked so I'm adding this to my rotation.
    I'm on spring break so I hope I can maintain the momentum when work starts up next week,
  • didjaever
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That sounds good. Do you finely chop the spinach and add to the meatballs?