Let's motivate each other! Add me!

Options

Replies

• ivetastic
    ivetastic Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 30 lbs in total

Hope you meet your goal! You can totally do it!
  • ivetastic
    Options
    jbae432 wrote: »
    I have 5 more lbs to lose. I've been doing the whole yo yo thing. :( let's hope it sticks this time! Need all the motivation and support I can get! :)

You can definitely do that because if that's all you have to lose then you are already close to your goal. Step up your cardio and workout at least 5 days a week. You can do the same amount of cardio but at a higher resistance. The less you want to lose the harder it becomes to lose it. Maybe you can focus on just toning up and measuring your body instead of weighing it since maybe you have built muscles and muscles weigh more than fat.
  • omeyanda93
    Options
    ivetastic wrote: »
    3500 calories equals 1 pound

So my goal is losing 4-5 pounds a month.

I want to lose 40 pounds to start off with
    So it's going to take at least 8 months if I keep at it. It can be very discouraging.

Usually burning 500-700 calories a day and strength training has helped me before.

What's your goal?

I jus started and my goal is to loose 20lb
  • willhem82
    willhem82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

So it's going to take at least 8 months if I keep at it. It can be very discouraging.

Usually burning 500-700 calories a day and strength training has helped me before.

What's your goal?

4st for me in sunny England , sorry don't know that in lbs!
  • ivetastic
    Options
    omeyanda93 wrote: »

What's your goal?

I jus started and my goal is to loose 20lb

Awesome!!! You're off to a great start!
  • bowser2301
    bowser2301 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I need to lose another 25 lbs to reach my goal. I usually workout 4 days a week. I try to burn 600 calories each workout.
  • RedPanda85
    RedPanda85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fell off the diet wagon over these cold winter months and trying to get back into a healthy lifestyle and weight loss swing. I started this app March 1. I was at 177 and my dream goal is 137. So 40 lbs. I set a mid point goal of 157 for May 15. I figure the second half will take longer though.

It would be great to build a support network to motivate me to stay on track and healthy. I've had a really unhealthy lifestyle for so long it's really difficult to break the habits!
  • cmgrow
    cmgrow Posts: 1
    Options
    I wish everyone much success! My goal is to lose 45 pounds. I just want to stick with the program and not give up!
  • tre2015
    tre2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I want to lose 20-30lbs. For me, getting started is easy and I see results quite quickly ... however, I soon slip back into bad habits! i.e. no exercise and lots of sweet treats.

My weight has risen so much in the last couple of years, I don't want it to keep going up!
  • Fabians1977
    Options

What's your goal?

My goal is 2lbs a week, I am on a 950 calorie diet and doing some strength training also.
  • ivetastic
    Options
    bowser2301 wrote: »
    I need to lose another 25 lbs to reach my goal. I usually workout 4 days a week. I try to burn 600 calories each workout.

600 calories each workout is a great way to get to your goal!
  • ivetastic
    Options

What's your goal?

My goal is 2lbs a week, I am on a 950 calorie diet and doing some strength training also.

Wow well that's a hard number to stay in so congrats if u r able to pull it off! I'm sure u will get to where u want to be as long as u stick to it! :-) beast mode!!!!
  • ivetastic
    Options
    RedPanda85 wrote: »
    Fell off the diet wagon over these cold winter months and trying to get back into a healthy lifestyle and weight loss swing. I started this app March 1. I was at 177 and my dream goal is 137. So 40 lbs. I set a mid point goal of 157 for May 15. I figure the second half will take longer though.

It would be great to build a support network to motivate me to stay on track and healthy. I've had a really unhealthy lifestyle for so long it's really difficult to break the habits!

Once you get a good routine going you should be able to keep it up!!! It's hard but u can do it! :-)
  • ivetastic
    Options
    cmgrow wrote: »
    I wish everyone much success! My goal is to lose 45 pounds. I just want to stick with the program and not give up!

Once you start a routine it will get easier and you will get to your goal! Just take it one day at a time
  • IrishDawgg22
    IrishDawgg22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Started at 242 on 11-7-14, down to 198 as of last week.

Goal is a lean & mean 170.

Add me for mutual motivation :smiley:
  • ivetastic
    Options
    Started at 242 on 11-7-14, down to 198 as of last week.

Goal is a lean & mean 170.

Add me for mutual motivation :smiley:

That's fantastic!!!! Wow!!! You are doing great!!!
  • hpfan1130
    hpfan1130 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am coming back to myfitnesspal because I am trying to lose weight before my cousin's wedding this summer.

My goal is to log what I eat and follow my nutrition goals. I'm very out of shape so my workout goal for now is to walk on the treadmill for 99 minutes every day (the max amount of time my treadmill allows at once).

I am 5' 8" and I am currently 211.6 lbs. I am going to weigh myself weekly so I can evaluate how well my plan is going. My goal is to lose 2 lbs a week.

I would love to have some friends on myfitnesspal to keep me motivated, and I can help encourage you, too! *raises glass* "To our health!"
  • ivetastic
    Options
    hpfan1130 wrote: »
    Hi! I am coming back to myfitnesspal because I am trying to lose weight before my cousin's wedding this summer.

My goal is to log what I eat and follow my nutrition goals. I'm very out of shape so my workout goal for now is to walk on the treadmill for 99 minutes every day (the max amount of time my treadmill allows at once).

I am 5' 8" and I am currently 211.6 lbs. I am going to weigh myself weekly so I can evaluate how well my plan is going. My goal is to lose 2 lbs a week.

I would love to have some friends on myfitnesspal to keep me motivated, and I can help encourage you, too! *raises glass* "To our health!"

Wow 99 minutes is a lot so awesome if you are able to stay for that long! I'm sure you will be able to do don't give up and we are here to help keep u motivated! Beast mode
  • steelerfan1967
    Options
    Feel free to add me if u want ☺️
  • ash084495
    ash084495 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My long term goal is to lose 100lbs. My short term goal Is to lose 40lbs by July 25th for my brothers wedding. I have always had trouble with my weight but this time I am determined to get to my goal weight and keep my weight down