Let's motivate each other! Add me!

Options

Replies

• ivetastic
    ivetastic Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    tportrum wrote: »
    My primary goal is to lose 110 pounds..... It's definitely a long shot, but I hope that I can keep myself motivated enough. I always get back into bad habits..

It's easy to get back to bad habits but y
    tportrum wrote: »
    My primary goal is to lose 110 pounds..... It's definitely a long shot, but I hope that I can keep myself motivated enough. I always get back into bad habits..

Well joining this app is a great step towards your goal. It's a really great community.

It's hard to change your diet so maybe instead of restricting yourself completely you can eat less of what you are going to eat. Try drinking water before eating. It helps fill you up faster. Have you joined a gym? For me getting out of the house to workout helps.
  • ivetastic
    Options
    also anyone feel free to add me! I'm really loving weight training but hate cardio with a passion, so need a kick in the butt for that!

What weight training do you do? Do you use free weights or machines? You are obviously on the right track!
  • kjerome101
    kjerome101 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My goal is to drop 10 lbs, it's not easy but I want to be happy with the way I look again!
  • RealMenEatPlants
    Options
    I have around 85lbs to lose, goal is to drop 8-10 a month.
  • ivetastic
    Options
    kjerome101 wrote: »
    My goal is to drop 10 lbs, it's not easy but I want to be happy with the way I look again!

Usually the less you want to lose the harder it is to lose. It can be done!! Hope you get to the weight u want to get to!!!
  • I'm 5'3 and weigh about 175 right now. My goal is to lose between 40 and 50 pounds. I want to get to a place where I feel energetic and healthy. My main areas of focus right now are cardio (especially dance, I wish there were more places around here that held lessons ) and yoga. Anyway, if anyone wants to add me I'd be thrilled :). I feel like I'm ready to get really motivated and help others do the same.
  • ivetastic
    Options

Usually the less you want to lose the harder it is to lose. It can be done!! Hope you get to the weight u want to get to!!!
    dubyab828 wrote: »

Well you are off to a great start by joining myfitnesspal! Let's make a plan and start a routine and you will get there
  • RealMenEatPlants
    Options
    ivetastic wrote: »

dubyab828 wrote: »

Well you are off to a great start by joining myfitnesspal! Let's make a plan and start a routine and you will get there

Thanks! :) I just have to stay focused and not get discouraged.

• ivetastic
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weigh about 175 right now. My goal is to lose between 40 and 50 pounds. I want to get to a place where I feel energetic and healthy. My main areas of focus right now are cardio (especially dance, I wish there were more places around here that held lessons ) and yoga. Anyway, if anyone wants to add me I'd be thrilled :). I feel like I'm ready to get really motivated and help others do the same.

Well you are off to a great start with a great attitude. I love that you are focusing on getting to a place you feel healthy and energetic! I want that too!
  • jtabiolo
    jtabiolo Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In order to lose weight, you have to be on a caloric deficit. Also watch your carbs. If you do not plan to train that day, don't over exceed your carb intake. With this app, don't count your workout into your daily plan. It will add calories to your goal for today. Just remember you have to be on a caloric deficit.
  • Tittan44
    Tittan44 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi this is very possible I have recently finished my weight loss path 30 lbs in since Jan 1 2015... Now I need to gain lean out while adding 5 lbs of Lean muscle... this is my journey let me know if I can help
  • ivetastic
    Options
    jtabiolo wrote: »
    In order to lose weight, you have to be on a caloric deficit. Also watch your carbs. If you do not plan to train that day, don't over exceed your carb intake. With this app, don't count your workout into your daily plan. It will add calories to your goal for today. Just remember you have to be on a caloric deficit. If you need help or need advice on macros, add me or find me on IG @jtaesthetics

Yes calorie deficit is the "magic" that makes weight loss possible. It forces the body to use fat stores for energy causing weight loss. For most people on here it's better to just say "in order to lose weight you have to burn more calories than you consume instead of saying you have to be on a calorie deficit. Please keep your help and advice within the app. This is what this app is for.
  • clumsysgpotato
    clumsysgpotato Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Already lost 15.5lbs since I first logged my food intake here (19 May 2014).
    Just based on controlling my food intake and changing of diet.

Hoping to lose another 15lbs :)
    I am unmotivated to work out.. :(:s:\
  • ivetastic
    Options
    People please
    Tittan44 wrote: »
    Hi this is very possible I have recently finished my weight loss path 30 lbs in since Jan 1 2015... Now I need to gain lean out while adding 5 lbs of Lean muscle... this is my journey let me know if I can help

Congrats and I'm sure your journey will help a lot of people!!!
  • ivetastic
    Options
    Already lost 15.5lbs since I first logged my food intake here (19 May 2014).
    Just based on controlling my food intake and changing of diet.

Hoping to lose another 15lbs :)
    I am unmotivated to work out.. :(:s:\

But you are already half way! Don't give up...
  • ivetastic
    Options
    :D you guys rock!
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I dropped weight to 190lbs but then got back up to 210lbs. At first, I was discouraged by this, however I am still rocking at being able to run 5 miles with ease and I work out 5 days a week. The reason why my weight climbed was due to my eating. But I hope to get down to 200lbs in about 2 months. We shall see. Good luck to you and on your goals.
  • ivetastic
    Options
    xeno8604 wrote: »
    I dropped weight to 190lbs but then got back up to 210lbs. At first, I was discouraged by this, however I am still rocking at being able to run 5 miles with ease and I work out 5 days a week. The reason why my weight climbed was due to my eating. But I hope to get down to 200lbs in about 2 months. We shall see. Good luck to you and on your goals.

That's amazing that you are able to run 5 miles! Hope you don't get discouraged by the weight. Keep going and hope you find a good routine when it comes to eating healthy. Good luck to you as well and keep rocking!
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 30 lbs in total
  • jbae432
    jbae432 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 5 more lbs to lose. I've been doing the whole yo yo thing. :( let's hope it sticks this time! Need all the motivation and support I can get! :)