• krazjony
    krazjony Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 50lbs....almost there...
  • alexstewartt
    alexstewartt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I just started my journey and I can't wait to learn from everyone. I don't have the best knowledge, so I need all the help I can get.

I am currently at 185lbs, and I am hoping to lose 40-50lbs.
    I m not the biggest "gym lover" so at the moment I do moderate exercise. I am trying to focus more on my eating habits, since that is where my biggest problem is. (I am the biggest night time snacker)

I have done many diets before but I have always ended up gaining more than I lost in the end.

I wish everyone the best of luck!
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    20 pounds to lose
  • jseo123
    jseo123 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm on my last 10lbs, and really struggling! Please feel free to add me as well
  • markjbruns
    markjbruns Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds 18 months ago, I've gained 25 back from a 3 month lapse of going yo the gym. ( injured) once you start seeing results, its very addicting.
  • ivetastic
    ivetastic Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    <~~~~ 40lbs

Right now that's my first goal. Hopefully after losing 40 I can keep losing more
  • ivetastic
    Options
    markjbruns wrote: »
    I lost 60 pounds 18 months ago, I've gained 25 back from a 3 month lapse of going yo the gym. ( injured) once you start seeing results, its very addicting.

Yeah it's so true! Once I started fitting better in my clothes I couldn't miss a day at the gym. I'm still in starting again mode! Hopefully I get into it again
  • ivetastic
    Options
    jseo123 wrote: »
    I'm on my last 10lbs, and really struggling! Please feel free to add me as well

Those last 10 are always hard to get rid of.
  • dimitriosg2002
    dimitriosg2002 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    10 to 15kg (22 to 33lbs). I'm 102kg now (224lbs) and I hope to reach my goal till the end of August :smile:
  • jolson54829
    jolson54829 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 8-10 pounds a month. I started right before the new year, and I've lost 20, so I'm on track so far. I watch my calories and also use my fitbit, trying to stick to 15,000 steps a day. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • Edgec0mb
    Edgec0mb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 20kg which is 44 pounds and I'm hoping to lose around 1 pound a week which means I'll need around 10 months if I keep at it.
  • ivetastic
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I just started my journey and I can't wait to learn from everyone. I don't have the best knowledge, so I need all the help I can get.

I am currently at 185lbs, and I am hoping to lose 40-50lbs.
    I m not the biggest "gym lover" so at the moment I do moderate exercise. I am trying to focus more on my eating habits, since that is where my biggest problem is. (I am the biggest night time snacker)

I have done many diets before but I have always ended up gaining more than I lost in the end.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

To be honest I'm not a gym lover either but I guarantee you that once you start going it does make a big difference. You can start off with just 10 minutes in an elliptical one week then 20 then 30 on the 3rd. I have found it easier to use an elliptical then run on a threadmil and for me it also burns more calories. You can watch Netflix or a show on a streaming site while on a machine. It will help you stay on the machine longer Ben if it isn't at a fast pace. Maybe also you can buy healthy snacks so if you end up snacking on something it isn't as bad.
  • ivetastic
    Options
    Edgec0mb wrote: »
    I want to lose 20kg which is 44 pounds and I'm hoping to lose around 1 pound a week which means I'll need around 10 months if I keep at it.

1 pound a week is usually the best and healthiest way to lose weight. It takes so long that it can be discouraging. Im trying to do the same and hope I'm able to keep going for a long time
  • ivetastic
    Options
    I have a goal of 8-10 pounds a month. I started right before the new year, and I've lost 20, so I'm on track so far. I watch my calories and also use my fitbit, trying to stick to 15,000 steps a day. Anyone feel free to add me.

Wow 8-10 pounds a month is a lot! Congrats on losing the 20. I wonder how many calories 15,000 steps in a day burns.
  • elizabeths901
    elizabeths901 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HI I've been a member for a while, never posted on here until today.

Decision made to take it seriously! Want to loose 42 lbs.

I'm following the slimming world plan. The MFP log is fantastic for keeping on track

Easing back into the gym after a fractured foot, but heay the only way is up....

Please add me a friend. Need all the support, motivation and encouragement I can get. That goes both ways without saying! :-)

• ivetastic
    Options
    HI I've been a member for a while, never posted on here until today.

Decision made to take it seriously! Want to loose 42 lbs.

I'm following the slimming world plan. The MFP log is fantastic for keeping on track

Easing back into the gym after a fractured foot, but heay the only way is up....

Please add me a friend. Need all the support, motivation and encouragement I can get. That goes both ways without saying! :-)

Building muscle helps burn more calories so even with a fractured foot you can do some weight training and work your user body until you are able to get back to full mode. Hope your foot is completely recovered and don't let anything ever stop you from continuing working out. Every little bit counts!
  • molynn386
    molynn386 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 15 lbs. I lost 15 recently before deployment and have been stuck at my current weight ever since. It's tough because everything here is so packed with sodium and I don't know how the food is cooked so I'm sure I'm taking in more calories than I think. My weight loss tracker says 0 lbs lost because my husband and I started a bet between ourselves so I reset my starting weight. Whoever loses the highest % of body fat by the day before I get on the plane to come home, gets a prize. He's getting one of those huge tool box/ chests if he wins and I get a tattoo if I win.

You'd think that motivation wouldn't be a problem with a tattoo on the line, but I have a hard time staying motivated because I can't seem to break past my current wall.
  • dragonez83
    Options
    My goal is to get rid of 60 lbs more.... dum dum duuuuum...
  • ivetastic
    Options
    molynn386 wrote: »
    I want to lose 15 lbs. I lost 15 recently before deployment and have been stuck at my current weight ever since. It's tough because everything here is so packed with sodium and I don't know how the food is cooked so I'm sure I'm taking in more calories than I think. My weight loss tracker says 0 lbs lost because my husband and I started a bet between ourselves so I reset my starting weight. Whoever loses the highest % of body fat by the day before I get on the plane to come home, gets a prize. He's getting one of those huge tool box/ chests if he wins and I get a tattoo if I win.

You'd think that motivation wouldn't be a problem with a tattoo on the line, but I have a hard time staying motivated because I can't seem to break past my current wall.

First of all thank you for your Service! Well I'm sure you can totally win this bet. A tattoo shouldn't even be the stakes of a bet though. A tattoo should be meaningful and something you want and get not because u lost a bet. So that being said you need to win so step up your cardio. Even if it is jumping rope in your tent! Get someone to send you a jumping rope. It's a great way to burn calories if you aren't able to get to a gym.
  • ivetastic
    Options
    dragonez83 wrote: »
    My goal is to get rid of 60 lbs more.... dum dum duuuuum...

Let's do it!!!!