What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My belt went down another knotch!! Yay!!!
    I can reach and hold my toes while stretching!! Woohoo
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Switched from the large FitBit strap to the small!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Noticed that my belt is on it's last hole and not holding my pants up anymore - time for a new belt!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Awesome workout today! Worked on deadlifts and tested my kettle bell press. I was able to get 270 up, but wasn't able to lock out. Not sure when I got the bar slightly in front of me, but at the top I started leaning forward and had to set it down. However, I now know I can get it up, and will do it right on Thursday, so I can call it a new PR. That's ok, though because I still got a PR with my kettle bell military press. I was able to press a 20 kg (44 lb) bell 3 times on the right, and 5 times on the left! (And that was after doing sets of 1 and 2 on both sides.)
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Went to Old Navy yesterday to take my mom shopping for her birthday. Thought I'd try on some jeans since the last time I was there I was a muffin-topped 20. The 18s slid right on, and even had some wiggle room. I haven't had a pair of 18s fit comfortably in like 9 years from ON. If only they were on sale...
  • taymam
    taymam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I bought medium sized pyjamas and they fit! I have no idea when that last time I fit a medium was. Junior high maybe?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Solidifying my change of relationship with myself: After substitute teaching a fitness class today, I over heard two students talking about it. They said they liked it better than their regular class. They said it was harder and they should talk to their regular instructor about challenging them more. #imsohappy
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    A neighbor that I don't typically interact with said that she noticed I've lost a lot of weight. Since she typically only sees me from afar that made me pretty happy.
  • dwaggs01
    dwaggs01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Almost 30 lbs down but, still have a long way to go. I dropped my wallet on the floor of my car and I was able to reach between my legs and pick it up. Before, I would have had to put the car in park and open the car door so I could make enough space between my legs for my belly when I lean forward to pickup things off the car floor. Less belly and less legs means I can lean further forward.
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    As of last night, I have hit 10,000 steps for 31 days in a row (something that - only a few weeks before that first day - seemed well out of reach).

I took my measurements this morning (bust, waist, hips, thigh, calf, neck, bicep, forearm) and since January 20, I am down a little over 13.4 inches overall!

• Justcallme_J
    Justcallme_J Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today I did 60 consecutive minutes of high intensity exercise for the first time in my life. When I started last fall I could only walk for five minutes at a time, and even that little bit of exercise was enough to make me feel like I was going to pass out. Back then it never crossed my mind that I would be so excited over being able to this, or that I would even be able to do it at all. Surprisingly, it feels like a much bigger and much more satisfying accomplishment than the last scale victory I had.
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Was playing football this evening and a friend of mine I haven't seen for a while was playing for the opposition. During a break in play I said hi, and he did a double take. Said he didn't recognise me because I'd lost so much weight. Then one of his team told him to stop flirting with the opposition and get on with the game! :stuck_out_tongue:
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ran two miles, didn't drop dead afterward. Big NSV for me, as I always believed if I ran more than 30 seconds I would surely die.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    Was able to jog for 19 minutes straight back and forth for about a mile? Without having to slow down due to exhausting except to change to a better song.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    <<I wore a fitted shirt to a family party yesterday. I haven't worn a fitted shirt in years. I still have some tummy and back rolls but my BIL said I was looking good and getting skinny so I guess it didn't look too bad. ;)
  • swampus99
    swampus99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Last night did some walking lunges for the first time in a while. In the past I've always hated them, felt like I couldn't do them well with a full range of motion. Last night, I got my down knee all the way down to almost touching the floor. Felt like an accomplishment. :)

I have to wear my wedding ring on my middle finger. Too big for my ring finger, and it can't be resized due to how its made from 2 different types of gold. But wearing it on the wrong finger is better than not being able to wear it.

Once you're at goal, you can take it to a jeweler to get a horseshoe sizer added to the inside of the ring. It can take off about a size or two!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I wore a nice blouse to work today but it got doused with hand soap so I had to change to the polo shirts our staff wear. I had a choice between a women's medium and an XL. I tried the medium with trepidation and it fit perfectly! I thought I'd feel like a stuffed sausage, but, nope. That XL went right back into the file cabinet without a second look, but with a big smile!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I thought my trainer was just showing me Turkish Getups this morning as an example of a great exercise I could work my way up to.............but no, he wanted me to do them. And I surprised myself and did 5 on each side. I only used a 10 lb KB today but I'll be adding weight as I improve my form.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    During my 35 minute walk to the bus station I was coming up on an elderly couple, where the man was actually in a motorized wheelchair. When I realized this I began to jog to get around them and kept going for a couple of minutes because I felt like it. I would've gone longer if it wasn't going to work, and carrying my purse and lunch bag. Before losing weight I would've began walking slower until they were too far ahead or moved on for me to have to worry about needing to pass them. The jogging seemed so natural and before I could even realize what I was doing I just did it without a second thought.

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating something that I was genuinely not enjoying. Normally I am one of those "finish everything on your plate" people. But Today I forgot my lunch and my boss offered me some Keebler PB crackers. I ate 4 of them and realized I wasn't enjoying them, so I stopped.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!