Sugar is the devil!

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I'm just here to steal gifs and learn about cancer. I'm an Aries. Are those compatible?

It depends. Do you have idyllic genes?

lmao.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    PearlAng wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Of all the threads to pop up while I'm at work and being productive...

Someone bring me some donuts ASAP

dog6.gif
    I got a chunk of a chocolate frosted donut with my lunch today because my ex-SO decided he deserved the rest :(

FIFY
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to steal gifs and learn about cancer. I'm an Aries. Are those compatible?

You theif :#
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Ah, MFP, you never fail to deliver :)

h1F7E2A57
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    jdarroch13 wrote: »
    Ps- I noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately, my brain fog is going away, and I feel so much better. Do it for your health!

I have had periods where I experimented with temporarily cutting out "added sugar" from time to time (mostly just to force myself to get a little more creative with how I used my extra calories), most recently in January, and I always feel the same. If I have brain fog (I don't think so) I continued to have it, my skin is fine and remained fine, and I generally felt about as a good as I normally do (which is pretty good!). Why don't I get the special magic?

It's brain fog for me. I almost go into a food coma if I consume too much. I can do fruit and a tiny bit of something dessertish from time to time but otherwise I get this blah fuzzy-headed nasty feeling. For lack of a better description, almost sticky feeling. That feeling is enough to deter me from going back to my Oreo sleeve (or two) a day habit. I avoid soda for that reason. I'm sure some people are fine with it but one can and I feel terrible.

Well, I think that over-consumption of anything is going to make you feel terrible. Try eating a shedload of fat and see how you feel. I actually did that once back when I was doing Atkins. (I can't believe I'm admitting this publicly). I strained the fat from roasted chicken and kept tasting it because it was so good. I kept going back to it. I ate too much. I felt sicker than I EVER did from any sugar binge, let me tell you.

The whole point? Fat in and of itself isn't bad. Neither is sugar. OVER-CONSUMPTION was your problem. Moderate consumption of both of those things is fine and won't leave you feeling awful, barring certain medical problems.

My brother once ate an entire saucepan of Hollandaise sauce because he thought it was some kind of cream soup. (Teenage boy mind: he came home, saw pan, ate everything, complimented my stepfather on his soupmaking skills when he got home and the last bite was going down the hatch...) He spent some quality time in the bathroom for the next few days, LOL.

Ahahah! Butter soup!
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Dude, you always find the creepiest gifs!! Love them!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    OMG there are cookies even in the zombie apocalypse!!! Thank god, cos I was totally up for being eaten if there wasn't (hopefully this doesn't count as a TWD spoiler, other than that there are cookies, which is just something to look forward to really). AMC even have the recipe for Carol's Cookies. I am totally making them.

o111gjxkvew8.gif
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    OMG there are cookies even in the zombie apocalypse!!! Thank god, cos I was totally up for being eaten if there wasn't (hopefully this doesn't count as a TWD spoiler, other than that there are cookies, which is just something to look forward to really). AMC even have the recipe for Carol's Cookies. I am totally making them.

o111gjxkvew8.gif

AHHH that was like the best part of the episode. And a perfect gif for the forums.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

o111gjxkvew8.gif

AHHH that was like the best part of the episode. And a perfect gif for the forums.

IKR!! God I <3 Carol. And needless to say was thrilled when I stumbled across both the gif and the recipe on FB just now.

FYI, 150 cals per cookie, recipe below (I won't link to the actual AMC page cos Spoilers sweetie ;). I went with 1/4 of a large choc bar being 50g, used dark chocolate, and vegetable shortening. I just let the recipe builder choose brands. It seems 1/4 measures are very popular in the ZA.

The-Walking-Dead-Carol-Cookies-Recipe-Card-AMC.jpg
  • Azexas
    Options

o111gjxkvew8.gif

IKR!! God I <3 Carol. And needless to say was thrilled when I stumbled across both the gif and the recipe on FB just now.

FYI, 150 cals per cookie, recipe below (I won't link to the actual AMC page cos Spoilers sweetie ;). I went with 1/4 of a large choc bar being 50g, used dark chocolate, and vegetable shortening. I just let the recipe builder choose brands. It seems 1/4 measures are very popular in the ZA.

I just saw that on facebook lol. I'm going to make them this weekend. I hope they come out good
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

o111gjxkvew8.gif

I just saw that on facebook lol. I'm going to make them this weekend. I hope they come out good

They're Carol Cookies, how can they not??
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options

o111gjxkvew8.gif

tumblr_mnvb1rBsxQ1r0lzjao1_400.gif
  • Azexas
    Options

o111gjxkvew8.gif

It was more of my cooking skill than Carol's recipe that worries me haha
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

o111gjxkvew8.gif

It was more of my cooking skill than Carol's recipe that worries me haha

Ah, yes, there is always that to factor in. I haven't baked in ages!!

I was wondering what I'd do with 12 cookies (they would take awhile to get through on my own), then worked out I could just eat 8 of them in one day, or all 12 with a couple of hours of exercise!! So wouldn't be hitting my macros and micros though :p.

Perhaps I will do what Cookie Monster suggests and share.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If sugar is the devil then I guess I'm working for the devil. I work in a bakery.

In seriousness, if you crave sugar maybe you should...have sugar? I don't think deprivation is a good thing and it may set you up for future failure. I think the intense cravings you're describing will stop when you allow yourself sugar each day in normal quantities because then you won't be deprived.

no you work for a heroin pusher, get with the program
    This is true, as I am also illegally growing and harvesting donut trees in my backyard. It's all supply and demand, yaknow?

where can I find these donut tree seeds?????

turner-donut-holes-large.jpg

Ohmygosh those are Timbits! A legendary Canadian food, dare I say.

For more, see the ever-trusty Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbits

Oh, and see what everyone else said about how (1) sugar is not the devil, (2) everything is chemicals, and (3) you shouldn’t believe everything that health food websites tell you as they sell you majorly overpriced “natural” foods.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

o111gjxkvew8.gif

that scene was creepy as HELL last night…

easy carol …geez
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

I am dying here... nice... I can't laugh out loud... B)

• jennifershoo
    Options

o111gjxkvew8.gif

easy carol …geez

not-listening-dumb-and-dumber-o.gif

I haven't seen it yet!

• Nony_Mouse
    Options

o111gjxkvew8.gif

easy carol …geez

I haven't seen it yet!

Go! Watch!! Sooooo good.
  • jennifershoo
    Options

o111gjxkvew8.gif

easy carol …geez

I haven't seen it yet!

Go! Watch!! Sooooo good.

Ok!!