40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    @3furballs- Congrats on the grandbaby! She is beautiful!!!!

Had a really busy weekend. Worked at my per diem job Sat afternoon and all day yesterday. Went for a 2.5 mile run with my BF's Boxer Friday evening (that was interesting LOL), went snow shoeing for an hour on Sat with my BF and his Boxer and then ran all over a 500 bed hospital yesterday for 12 hours. Whoo! Got a lot of activity in that's for sure. LOL
    And I ate pretty well too.

Hope that everyone has a fantastic day! :)
  • miketoney7
    Options
    I'm in my 40's Recovering from an injury either trying to regain or hold on to my youth lol. Trying to get and maintain abs. Getting close to my goal.
  • cherylann11
    cherylann11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrat
    3furballs wrote: »
    I'm a Nana!!! Ainsley was born around 4 this morning, 7.1lbs. We're going to the hospital to see them in a bit. Hubby was there until 4:45 for the birth this morning (this is his daughter, she's 20 and was 4 months old when we met!). Just can't believe she's a mom! So excited and hoping I'll get to spend time with the baby. I looovvvveeee babies.

I did manage to get to kickboxing last night and kettlebell and kickboxing this morning too. My knee is still stiff and a bit sore but for the most part I did everything.

Geena, sounds like you are on the right path to a healthier lifestyle!

Allenpriest, good luck with surgery, hope it all goes well.

Alf1163, I keep telling myself I'd rather be achy and sore from working out then from getting older!

Larro, I haven't even thought of planting our seeds indoors yet. Just seems like the snow will never melt.

ddconney7, if you can find ways to be active together and make it fun it makes it so much easier to make a lifestyle change, not just lose some weight. I'm so jealous! I would love to get to go hiking in a rain forest![/quote
    Congratulations nanna!
    Its so exciting having a new baby in the family!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Kids...Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

My back finally gets a break from all the shoveling and I am now experiencing 64 degrees. It's like a oxy moron....64 degrees and snow...Go figure.

I lost 2 pounds. I was shocked and my trainer was happy. I need to lose 15lbs by the end of May and was told that is realistic if I really apply myself and stop eating so much CHOCOLATE....UGHHHHH. Extreme Fit tonight, however, I am going to do some cardio for 30 minutes before class so I can a larger burn in.

Welcome all newbies.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great pics Sdereski! I knew she'd love snow shoeing once you got her out there. Perfect scene with an arctic dog. Are you on the lake? It's very flat looking.
    sdereski wrote: »
    Hi all, run never happened yesterday; went home and shoveled snow instead. Another major dumping of snow. Curled last night as well, although it ended after an hour as we were getting our butts kicked.

Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend with my granddaughter when we went snowshoeing and then she "camped" for the night on my dining room floor.
    The dog is our son's dog, Gus. He is an Alaskan Malamute.

q3m6jpzhqm5y.jpg

lu6h1gyi0nqy.jpg
    sdereski wrote: »
    Hi all, run never happened yesterday; went home and shoveled snow instead. Another major dumping of snow. Curled last night as well, although it ended after an hour as we were getting our butts kicked.

Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend with my granddaughter when we went snowshoeing and then she "camped" for the night on my dining room floor.
    The dog is our son's dog, Gus. He is an Alaskan Malamute.

q3m6jpzhqm5y.jpg

lu6h1gyi0nqy.jpg

I still have anothe 130 posts to go! Being out a few days gets you behind!
    :)
  • scottwblack
    scottwblack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    46 here and looking to weigh less at age 47 than I did 25 years ago. Still have about 65 lbs. to go this time around.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids,
    Furballs, that baby is FANTASTIC! Sooo happy for you and your family.
    Caramel, 64 degrees?!? Finally! And congrats on the loss. You can totally do 15 lbs by the end of May. You are determination embodies, so I have no doubts.
    Larro, loved that last post. Glad you slept and read! These are very important too. What kind of tree was that you were trimming? Looked kind of like an olive, but I don't think those grow in FL.
    Beeps! Good plan. Stay focused! Having vacay time coming is very motivating.
    KS, happy to hear continuous improvement for hubby. Does he get to come home soon? You're running intervals?! That's hard core, and so cool! Good for you!
    Alf, sorry about your bum! Is it getting any better?
    There were so many other posts (137!!) So I apologize that I can't respond to you all, but I read everything, and there is some awesome work going on in this thread.
    So many new posters...and some more than once! That's how community is made, so keep it up.

I was the ground-crew coordinator for the big sea kayak symposium this last weekend. It was a terrific success, and I am completely exhausted. My FitBit said I logged 9.3 miles on Saturday, and that was just walking around one building! Even will three days in a row like that, I think I gained weight! :\ Didn't get on the scale, but feel so bloated. Probably because I was eating the catered food rather than being able to prepare my own. The food was mostly local & organic, but heavy carbs, and too much overall. Not much sleep either. I'm looking forward to a restorative couple of weeks with lots of water, veggies, and sleep. Especially the sleep.

Many great pics of the weekend on the FB site: https://www.facebook.com/StormGatheringUSA

Cheers to everyone.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids,

Larro, loved that last post. Glad you slept and read! These are very important too. What kind of tree was that you were trimming? Looked kind of like an olive, but I don't think those grow in FL.

Many great pics of the weekend on the FB site: https://www.facebook.com/StormGatheringUSA

Cheers to everyone.

The tree is some kind of scraggly oak. When you cut the limb the work is just starting. It has to be pulled with brute force to untangle it from the other limbs. That is one of the reasons I want to get them trimmed before mowing season. If I get too close with the tractor, one of the limbs will grab me, or more likely my headphones or sun hat.

Lots of nice pictures on the FB page. Looks like a fun weekend.

Larro

PS: No time to do any of my normal cardio this morning {except squats}, but I did do a whole lot of this:

rjc02w2jrfxh.jpg

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!!!! Lots of activity here!!! I like it!!!

Congrats to our new Nana!!!!! Baby is too cute. She looks much older than a few days!

KS, glad to hear hubby is doing well!

Caramel, congrats in your weightloss!!!

Beeps, happy lifting and safe travels!

Curious, your adventures always sound like so much fun!!! I also wear a Fitbit but lately it hasn't been syncing with the app so I have no idea how many steps I have done. Ugh!

Larry, gardening is more than enough work!!!! I would love to start planting but will wait until our cruise. We only plant in containers, the soil here isn't that great.

Take care!!!!
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey ho Cool Kids! Happy Monday :)

Staying on track is going to be tough this week - I've got collaborators visiting at work all week and we'll have to take them out for dinner at least twice during the week. Going to have to eat carefully and try to fit in some runs after late returns home from work!
    I was the ground-crew coordinator for the big sea kayak symposium this last weekend. It was a terrific success, and I am completely exhausted.

@Curiousgeorgianna - This sounds hugely intriguing - what does it involve?

@larrodarro - I'm so jealous of you potting on seedlings already... I'll be lucky to get my seedlings going on the windowsill by the end of this month.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    ....my weekend travel is to a funeral! (So, NOT a "vacation".)

Dress still has to fit well....sure, it fits! But, the flatter the tummy, the better I will look! BOOM!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

Dress still has to fit well....sure, it fits! But, the flatter the tummy, the better I will look! BOOM!

Beeps, are trying to say you want to be "drop dead gorgeous" at the funeral?

{Sorry for the bad joke}
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

Beeps, are trying to say you want to be "drop dead gorgeous" at the funeral?

{Sorry for the bad joke}

Larro :s>:)

Beeps, still, safe travels.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Appointment with the new doc wednesday. First time since my old doc moved. I didn't want to go knowing how fat I was. Now 90 lbs less I am less self conscious even though I'm still obese.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I got more cardio than I wanted tonight putting this . . . .

23fdsogsag6l.jpg

back like this.

82j4dldo29un.jpg

It's 0130, and I am almost done for the night.
  • priti11
    priti11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. How does it work? Do you have to add me to the group to see discussions? I'm 40, 5'8" and 182 pounds. I had lost around 20 pounds last summer with healthy eating and exercise but gained it all back after getting off track. So I want to start over and need support.
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    7hxlmudjegqc.jpg
    This mornings breakfast and snack.
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Supposed to be 47 here in Vermont today! So excited! Bailing out of work a little early today to run outside before I have to pick my son up from daycare. :)

@Curiousgeorgianna- Have you had any issues with your FitBit not synching with MFP? I keep having to disconnect it and reconnect it.
  • vomckey
    vomckey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good morning cool kids... Feeling like I should up my exercise based on reading exercise of others here.. My current goal is to not skip evening dog walks.

So far I'm loving mfp. Unfortunately, I have difficulty with moderation so tracking everthing is very helpful. I also like the way the app encourages exercise by adding allowable calories... When I finish 30 days of no restaurants or alcohol, that will help me to make room for a glass of wine and dinner out.

Am busy planning meals for next 3 weeks. This week I'm home and it has been easy to cook from scratch and make healthy choices. Plenty of lemon water and trips to potty has gotten rid of ton of water weight. Little concerned about keeping water intake up when I return to classroom (1 potty break 8-4:30).

Sorry this is long.. Will end with exciting news... Another day of 1 pound gone.. Well below 160. Yippee.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning cool kids,
    Lots of post, and am not caught up, but I did see a picture of a beautiful new baby! Congrats grandma! She is gorgeous!

Larro, I see you are busy planting - good for you! We are still covered under 12 feet of snow...it is warming up this week, so we may start to see some of it melt away.

Curious, yes, those pictures are on a lake - right out my front door. I live on the north shore of Lake Superior...literally. :)

Snowshoed again this weekend. Did 2 separate hikes on Saturday for a total of 12 km. It was such a beautiful day! Sunday was spent clearing snow and ice from our back walk way and stairs and hauling the remainder of winter wood onto the back deck.
    Yesterday did Zumba and body blast. I was spent after body blast. We did kickboxing and used a body bar during our "rest" periods. Am sure there was a puddle on the floor around me. Felt good to work hard. Have not been logging anything on mfp - getting real lazy about that again and need to start!

Carmel - congrats on the weight loss! I know you can lose those 15lbs by May - you are so determined!

Larro - that is a ton of work taking all those tables and chairs away! Oiy! Between your workouts, your farming and your work, is it any wonder you keep dropping weight?

Better get to work - will try and catch up with the rest of you later.