Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - May Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Meag-that's a great talent...I think I can still remember my phone number from when I was 4!! LOL but the oatmeal talent, takes a special hand so...WTG!!! LOL :laugh:

Cait-seeya when you get back and enjoy the anni celebration! :happy:

Aly-thanks girl!! I will see how it goes this month and who knows...maybe I will make it a monthly routine and you could join in NEXT month!! Have fun eating out (you will do great!) and good luck with the photo shoot...it'd be cool if you posted one so we could all see!! :flowerforyou:

Megan-great job on staying focused throughout this busy career time!! I am glad to hear that things are going fairly well with your projects and that you are still getting in your workouts!! :drinker:

AFM-well no scale yet...and half way through my first "fast" day! I must admit that I am super starving and can't wait for meal 3 of 4!! good news is...I am having no problem getting in my water!! LOL :blushing:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    updating! welcome Kristin!!

Leela30: comment more on this month's challenge; eat at least 80g of protein a day
    Believeinmagic: To lose 13 pounds; eat more vegetables and do more strength training
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 133lbs; to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383:get out of the 150's finally, continue with the 30 Day Shred, work on increasing my running distance, and overall feeling good about myself!
    SpaceCoconaut: To lose 2-3 lbs a week and stick to my experiment.
    Shannonaufman: lose 4 pounds to hit 169. Drink 64+ ounces of water 25/30 days. Finish C25K. Start One Hour Runner. Stick with 30DS.
    ~KanCrav~ Reach 143, Jog at least 3 times outside,follow WO schedule, incorporate Low GI foods into my diet.
    rai8759: GW 160.4, One day off per week (tracking food), WI on Friday, JM should kick my *kitten* 5-6 days a week, Cardio 3-5 days a week x 20-30 min., Tracking every day except day off, Eat less processed sugar
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family, AND try to post at least ONCE a day!!!
    pixycats: lose 5 pounds, continue C210K at least 3/week, stay under calorie goal 6/week, rest one day/week
    finncmh- not focus on the scale loss! keep working on running plan that I came up with for the 5k in June. Start the push-up and squat 6 week challenge
    lostalykat- To get back to 169 by June 1st. Work on headache prevention and be mindful of what I am doing and eating. Focus on my new training plan and enjoy life. Stress less, yoga more!
    WannabRN10- get out of the 160's!!! Work out at least 3 days a week (piloxing class, hot yoga class, and weights class). Eat Dairy Queen only twice (it is my fav!). Stay in a positive mind set and not get over-stressed with school.
    alwhisler-Increase my run to 45 minutes non-stop, get down to that lower pant size instead of being in-between :)
    sarahmay25- Complete an ab circuit every day of the week except rest day, and decrease my finish time of a mile by the end of every week.
    mkingraham (Megan)- get down to 208, strength train at least 2 times a week, run 3 times a week
    eleanoreb (Eleanore or El) - improve 10k run time, stay in bottom part of weight range, face food head on and not give in to temptations (rather than just avoid)
    MamaMango: Lose 7 pounds,keep my portions under control, do HIIT 3 times a week,strength train moderate-heavy 5 times a week,do some form of low to moderate cardio every other day,eat more fresh greens and less starch and grains! :)
    jyopchick: get back to 130lbs, only allowed one day to go over cals (and within reason), and MORE WATER!!
    crystalfaith: continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s
    LisaRid - lose 10 lbs, drink 8 glasses of water each day, exercise 4x per week, and curb my dessert eating. May is the month!!! :)
    emmarie- do the best I can!
    shelsab-keep up my 10k running schedule, lose 5lbs, strength training 2x week, 3 yoga classes.
    k_ewilliams - log in everyday and keep out of the red, lose at least 5 pounds, run 3x a week
    spellbinder25: (1) Lose 4lbs to reach 133.5, (2) Do 30 Day Shred 5 times/week, (3) Count calories everyday, (4) Update on this thread at least twice a week.
    meagalayne - get back into my maintenance range and stay there, log food no more than 5 days/week, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge, make it to 4 spin classes, increase H2O consumption, and find ways make each day great!
    nausicaa11-lose 6 pounds and try to reach the 8km/h mark on the treadmill.
    McBody- actually rest on rest days; incorporate yoga; get back on a running schedule for race
    carro585-workout 4x/week, average less than 200 beverage cal./day, don't fall too far off the wagon while on vacation
    yvalcaraz-(Yolanda)- Run for 3 miles w/o stopping, lose 8lbs, 1000 sit-ups 3x wk, post at least once a week to the group
    tjradd73(Tara)- to lose -5.4lbs to put me at 100lbs lost total, 8 cups H20/day, 3 days of my strength plan, 3 days of cardio, no more than 4 days over on my cals, and >20 under on my sodium.
    stuartme123- finishing and passing my thesis, and cooking dinner more often
    maddyguru - Build up endurace at the the gym and go at least 4-5x a wk, lose at least 5-6 lbs
    Adrianamdelacruz(Adriana) - lose 5lbs., workout atleast 30mins.3 x/day and drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day
    aoifebr - run 5k be under 85kg
    noobiegotbass- lose 12 lbs, drink at least 5 glasses of water daily, walk 3x/wk, begin my first round of p90x, increase protein intake
    dodier01 - Start 30DS, loose 8lbs by the end of the month, Complete Week 4 and start week 5 of C25K and drink lots of water!
    kafoteh(Kristin)-Input ALL my meals/foods...even the bad ones. Lose 2-5 lbs. Exercise at least 3x/week
  • tjradd73
    Options
    K...I have to go to my bf's class reunion when we go to NY in August and I have no idea what type of venue it will be at yet or what is appropriate to wear!! Or what size I will be at that time!! LOL But I had to start at least getting some ideas now!

I am gonna attch some links for you ladies to give me your input (if I can figure out how too!) so let me know whatcha think!

damn....didn't work!?? There are 4 of them...this is the best I could do. If you copy and paste each one (seperately) in your toolbar it will bring up the specific dress! OR you can copy and past all 4 to a notepad and it will let you click on each one to open it!....not very computer savvy here!! LOL hope it works!

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1a31cf3&deptid=70656&dep=WOMEN&catid=80209&pcat=WOMEN&cat=shop+by+body+type&cattyp=FEA&NOffset=2&CatSel=4294936793|small+bust&pcatid=70656&Ne=4294957900+29+3+23+1023+1031+5+585+18+904+833+949&pagesize=1&SO=0&N=4294936793&Nao=0&PSO=0&cmAMS_T=XGN5&cmAMS_C=MERCH&cmAMS_Z=XGN5TOPOFRESULTS&CmCatId=70656|80145|80209

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1a31cfc&deptid=70656&dep=WOMEN&catid=80209&pcat=WOMEN&cat=shop+by+body+type&cattyp=FEA&NOffset=2&CatSel=4294936793|small+bust&pcatid=70656&Ne=4294957900+29+3+23+1023+1031+5+585+18+904+833+949&pagesize=1&SO=0&N=4294936793&Nao=0&PSO=0&cmAMS_T=XGN5&cmAMS_C=MERCH&cmAMS_Z=XGN5TOPOFRESULTS&CmCatId=70656|80145|80209

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=1b78fb9&deptid=70656&dep=WOMEN&catid=80209&pcat=WOMEN&cat=shop+by+body+type&cattyp=FEA&NOffset=2&CatSel=4294936796|hourglass&pcatid=70656&Ne=4294957900+29+3+23+1023+1031+5+585+18+904+833+949&pagesize=1&SO=0&N=4294936796&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=70656|80145|80209

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=1b62b1b&deptid=70656&dep=WOMEN&catid=80145&pcat=WOMEN&cat=Dresses&cattyp=RLE&NOffset=2&x5view=1&pcatid=70656&Ne=4294957900+5+29+3+8+1031+1066+18+904+833+949&pagesize=0&SO=0&N=4294936942&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=70656|80145|80209
  • tjradd73
    Options
    just bumpin this back up!!

FYI...in case anyone was wondering...my pals on here are doing an "old pic" theme this week! so this pic is of me at about 16 in 98 I think!! I am in the woods pickin wild onions!! and believe it or not...I am 20lbs lighter now then I was then!!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ~Tara.... crazy awesome about being lighter than you were when you were 16. Its almost insane!~! lol ..... I thought my goal was 145 cuz I was 135 when I was 16 and (i think I was prettty hot in a belly shirt) but now that I am 146 (oh yea) and I have made it.. I think I will keep going~!~!

~Meag... my mom had a crazy memory like that too. She can tell you the phone number she had when she was 5. Its soo old it had letters in it!~!~!

~Kristin.... Welcome! Im turning 24 next month and I too suffer from bingitis!~! I almost have it under control now but It took alot of time and awareness to keep myself from getting hungry enough to want to binge. I dont count TOM binging cuz, come on.... we cant all control that!~! I know I cant. Im lookin forward to getting to know you and share my experience with you. Your going to love it here. All these ladys ROCK!~! (we have guys every now and then but they dont allways stick around.. maybe they will be back...??)

AFM.... I LOST 3 pounds this week~!~!~!~!~!~! I think that is the most I have lost ever in one week. I ususally go down pound for pound. I told my husband last night that I was hoping for 147, then I said but 148 will be ok. Then I had to go back and be honest... 147 is what will make me HAPPY. And instead is got 146!~!~! Thats totally insane!!~! I didnt think I could get to 145 and now look at me, Im almost there and I feel like I just got that hang of all this. So hell, ten more is gonna be fun!~! 135, new goal kids!~!

I feel like I need to throw this out there one more time. I love you guys. I really do. You all know all the insane crazy things I am going through and If it wasnt for you all making sure I was taking care of myself, then I wouldnt have the energy to continue. Finding this group gave me a reason to drive on and keep up with my healthy stuff even when I thought "there was not time". Thank you alll sooo much!~!~!~!~!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey all! ok a quick post but trying to actually comment to people this time lol

Kan- awesome loss!! i'm dying to get into the 140's, hopefully this month! you're doing such an awesome job with everything, and the fact that you come back here again and again in good times and bad just shows how dedicated you are, keep it up!

Tara- got through Day 1 no weighing lol. i think after the initail few days a sense of calmness will set in.. or at least i hope it will haha. a friend at work and i were talking about detoxing, and she actually got a book today.. i don't think i could get through it for more than a couple days. i'd miss food too much! and i love the profile pic, the pigtails are too cute! as far as the dresses.. i like the last one b/c i think no matter the venue, it would be appropriate.. if it's a more fancy place my vote is for the first one.

Meag- super tiny stats girl! and that's awesome that you still have curves.. one thing i've always been grateful for is that no matter what size i've been at, i've always had a decent hourglass.. don't know where that came from since my mom is rather pear shaped, but i'll take it! enjoy your weekend! you always post such fun activities.. i need to get out more lol.

Megan- hope everything goes well with your projects, and kudos for sticking to your workouts! i'll be the first one to make excuses that i'm too busy and do nothing.

AFM, well today i needed a rest day, since the day before i think i pushed too hard, or just didn't take care of myself post-run... i managed to run my fastest mile yet, at 9:35! totally unexpected, then slowed down a bit for the second.. unfortuntaely due to some emergency digestion issues i ended up walking for most of my last 2 miles.. the stop at the bathroom was fortunate though b/c there was a flier for a 5K on the 22nd at the park i go to, so i signed up! i'm a total pro at the course lol. one of my friends might do it too which will be great.. so about 3 hours after my run i was laying in bed and all of a sudden the room completely started spinning. it lasted for a couple minutes, and when i tried to walk i felt like i was drunk, and def side stepped a couple times... def got me a bit nervous. it went away but my head felt weird for the rest of the night at work, kinda lightheaded and got a little dizzy again but less severely. i drank about 4 cups of water when i got home, but i think i need to have water waiting for me in the car as soon as i'm done? luckily i'm ok today, though the sushi i had earlier hasn't been sitting well and the thought of food right now... i don't wanna think about it lol..
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey lovely ladies! Sorry, I'm heading out to work so I won't really be on for today, busy schedule as usual, so I just wanted to say great job everyone! I am seeing a lot of positive posts! Happy Friday!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    A big May goal: to get into the 150s. I weighed myself this moring and I am 159.4!!!!!:happy: I had been stuck at 161 for weeks and I finally budged! I didn't do anthing different this week...I was actually working out less because of being busy with school. I am going to work so hard to keep in the 150's and reach my mini goal of 155lbs by June 25th. Also, I am now in the healthy BMI range!!!

SO glad that I found this board because other wise I dont think I would have been so inspired to get into the 150s! Thanks everyone :tongue:
  • KanCrav
    Options
    ~Allie.... I hope you feel better. Its weird that you had a weird stomach thing yesterday cuz the same thing happend to me today after my Body Blast Class. I got really dizzy and thought I was going to get sick. It went away after I sat down for a while so I jogged for a little on the TM. But on the way home I felt like someone was inside my stomach turning it in knots!~!, IDK what happened but I cant think of anything I ate that was different and its def not my TOM. Im ok now, so WE!~! I hope you feel better. Def keep water around, water always water... water water water~!~!~!

~Wannabrn... whats your first name??? if you told us already I missed it sorry!~! Congradulations on the 150s!~!~! I was sooo happy when I got there too. It seemed like it was NEVER going to happen for me. I know how you feel about moving in the BMI range. I almost cried when I reached "overweight" instead of "obese" !~!~!~! Thats what I get for being short I guess. lol... Your doing awesome, keep up the good work!

~Leela...( Im sticking with Leela cuz thats what we call my sister in law.. her real name is Annalee.... so I like it, and thats your name now... lol) Have a Great Friday the 13th!~!~!~!

AFM...... I had a good time at body blast. I was definatly different. I am going to go back again to try to get the hang of it. It was like a Power Pump class. Anyone ever heard of that?? I never have, so this was interesting. I got a little selfconcious though. There are huge mirrors on all the wallls , of course, so I was comparing (i know its bad) myself to all the other women and It just made me hate my lets even more. Not the fat part... but how my knees are. Its like my knees are on the side of my leg. It makes me think that something is off and thats why they hurt so much when I try to run or if I try to add tension during spin classs. IDK. I think Im going to take a pic so you can see what I mean. I might be over exagerating, but it is weird. lol. ok, im done complaining. I am still happy about my 3 pounds and I am still extra motivated. I stretched alot today so I can make sure I can try to run again tomorrow!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

~Wannabrn... whats your first name??? if you told us already I missed it sorry!~! Congradulations on the 150s!~!~! I was sooo happy when I got there too. It seemed like it was NEVER going to happen for me. I know how you feel about moving in the BMI range. I almost cried when I reached "overweight" instead of "obese" !~!~!~! Thats what I get for being short I guess. lol... Your doing awesome, keep up the good work!

It's Natalie. I am going to change my user name on Saturday to NurseNatalie if I pass my nursing exam! haha It is such a great feeling to be achieving "healthiness" with the BMI scale and not just the regular scale. Its a big step to become a healthy woman! Thanks for your encouragement!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Kristin- Welcome to the group! I hope you find it as helpful and encouraging as it has been for me.!

Tara- I am loving your no weigh-in challenge. I think that sometimes we get so caught up in what the scale says that we forget to take note of all the other amazing things we have accomplished. So I think it is a great reminder for all of us. Maybe I will try and do that in June.

Kandace- 3 lbs is KILLER!! You totally kicked *kitten* this week! You should be so proud of yourself and everything you have accomplished! And you make this group as great as it is as well. Without each and every one of us it wouldn’t be the amazing supportive place we all love so much 

Allie- dizzy spells are no good! DRINK THAT WATER!! You were probably dehydrated, but it sounds like you know that and are working on ways to make that better. And so good for you for signing up for that 5k! I’m sure you’re going to rock it especially with a 9:35 mile!!

Leela- Have a great day!!!

Natalie- that is awesome!! Great job of reaching your goal for May early, and now you can get yourself way down into them :) sometimes our hard work takes a little bit to catch up with our body so its awesome that you are finally seeing results!

AFM- Did my usual spin followed by a mini bootcamp class. Today it was 8 box jumps, 8 pull ups, 8 star jumps for 3 rounds and then 2 rounds of 30 second sprint 30 second jog and then a shuttle run. It was a killer burn but felt really good. And then something amazing happened…

So my official weigh-in day is on Mondays, but I typically also weigh-in on Fridays just to give me motivation to be good over the weekend. And for the most part, whatever I weigh on Friday tends to be what I weigh on Monday with about a .5lbs variation. Well I weighed in, and the scale read 211 lbs. which means I have lost exactly 40lbs since I started losing weight : ) !!!!!! But most importantly of those 40lbs, 32 of them have been of Fat Mass! Which is even better! I can’t wait to keep going and working towards my goals. I just need to drop 3 more lbs this month to hit my May goal of getting half way to my goal weight. I am in the best mood ever! Who ever said Friday the 13th was a bad day lied!

Hope your Fridays are amazing!!!!

Megan
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Kandace-thanks girl!! My goal weight hasn't been seen since I was 13 years old!!! Although I have a very diff body now then I did then (post baby when I was 17 n'such) I am only 1" taller and find it to be a very reasonable goal!! I think it is great that you have pretty much reached your orginal goal weight, and I also think it is great that you realized that you would like to keep going!! It's all about pushing yourself to get to where you TRULY wanna be!! You can do it! :wink:

Allie-day 1 done, and morning of day 2 also!! woot!! so far so good...I personally pushed my scale under the shelf so I wouldn't "accidentally" step on it in the morning..it is sucha routine for me now! geesh! LOL :laugh: thanks for the tips on the dresses and the comment about my pic!! some of my friends on here thought it was taken now (it was taken 12 yrs ago!) in a way I will take that as a compliment...cuz that means I must not have aged much! but in a way I am kinda bummed that they can't tell that I am 20lbs lighter now then I was there :embarassed: Not sure which way I will go with that feeling yet?!?! Great job on your mile minutes...that's great!! and just think of the BR stop as a "everything happens for a reason" moment!! LOL you are gonna kill that 5K and I hope that your friend does join you...that would be super fun!

Leela-have a great day girl...don't be too busy!!

Natalie-a big CONGRATS to you for not only reaching the 150's but also jumping into a normal BMI!!! that is fantastic and I have complete faith that you will reach your mini goal by the end of June like you want!!! FANTASTIC!! :drinker:

Megan-so far so good with the scale...1 day down 19 to go!!! I think that would be awesome if you do it next month...maybe we could get 2 people to commit to it each month?? Allie and I first, you and ??? next and then we shall see who is up for the challenge!! LOL CONGRATS on your loss...40lbs is awesome but like you said 32 of it from fat is what really shows the hard work and dedication that you have put in!! woohoo!!!!! :happy:

AFM-day 2/20 on ZERO scale and ZERO days over on my cals-DONE!!! day 1/3 on my fast challenge- done and meal 1/4 for day 2 done!!! so far so good ladies!! I don't know which is harder...the fast or the no scale!! LOL I got in another great workout today too...30min on the elliptical and 19 min of vinyasa yoga (fat burn)!! Glad to see that the links worked for the dresses I was looking at...if ya get a chance your input would be great!! Keep on rockin it girls!!:heart:
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey lovely ladies! Sorry, I'm heading out to work so I won't really be on for today, busy schedule as usual, so I just wanted to say great job everyone! I am seeing a lot of positive posts! Happy Friday!

ditto!!! wish i could read everything but my grant deadline is today and im ALMOST ready to submit, but not quite! eek! im rewarding myself later with a little shopping (really it's just to get my cousin a baby shower gift, but ill be sure to get a few things for myself too...) so i just gotta keep pushin til it's time to call it a day! WOOT WOOT!

hope this friday leaves everyone feeling FABULOUS and Fancy Freeeeeeeee :heart:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey there ladies! Looks like everyone is doing awesome today!! Great job to everyone! I don't have too much time today is a busy day at work. so this is going to be a little selfish.

Yesterday was a wirlwind of a day. We had lunch and I was good, I had 1 cocktail(to help deal with the family) and I had a salmon sandwich. I ate 1/2 of the the sandwich and the other half I took off the top piece of bread and ate the bottom part. I also barely touched my homemade chips. I am starting to see that I can enjoy a meal out but make it work for me and cut out the extra calories. I wasn't sure how to track that one so I found one of the most unhealthy one on mfp and put that I ate a half of it.

We jetted over to our photo shoot where we spent 2 hours in various positions to get some great shots. I can't wait to see the pics. We were in the sun and holding positions so I think I must have burned a few extra calories haha. We were so tired on the way home we picked up chinese takeout, We got the war wonton soup and vegetarian lettuce cups, not bad for chinese food. I ate all my soup and only had a few of the lettuce cups. I am sure I went over but when I tracked it it looked like it wasn't too much over maybe 300 calories.

Also I noticed that MFP doesn't count weight training as a calorie burn....Hmmm or maybe I should have looked in the cardio section.

Well I forgot to Weight in yesterday on my normal day and today it was up 2 lbs, I am so sore today and i am sure my body is retaining water from the chinese food/lack of water last night/weight training yesterday. I am going to just keep going strong and check again next thursday. I am going shopping tomorrow for some new summer stuff and I plan to mainly get skirts and dresses since I want to lose a little more weight before buying more pants. But who knows maybe I will get pants too.

Tonight I have a swim and then a 2.5 hour bike ride tomorrow morning. Sunday is running and weights again! Lets all make it through the weekend like rockstars!!!!
  • kafoteh
    kafoteh Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for being so welcoming ladies! I'm excited to be apart of this group. I definitely need the encouragement today. Although I'm eating very consciously, I'm not feeling good. I'm bloated and just feel fat :(

No worries! I'm just gonna accept that everyday cannot be the absolute best!

Have a Happy Friday loves!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Jennelle-hope your day went well, and that you have fun shopping and that you DO get something little for yourself at least!!

Aly-sounds like you made pretty good choices on both meals (even the chinese) so great job with that!! sorry to hear that the scale was not friendly for you...hopefully that means next week you will have a great loss!! Keep up the great workouts...you're killin them!

AFM-I can't remember what i posted earllier...so I will just post it again...started the day off with a great burn (500+ cals) and then I decided to do some yardwork (2 hours in 90 degree weather) which burnt another 500+cals...which I will NOT be counting! Since I am doing my fast I do NOT want people to freak if they see a negative net cal balance... so Day 2 still no scale, and meal 3/4 on day 2/3 done on my fast! I am CONSIDERING dropping off day 3/3 on fast just for ****s and giggles but I am not sure if I will yet or not...either way I can be proud that I did 2 days EXACTLY as planned!!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, just checking in really quick. You all are doing AWESOME! I've been MIA but I have spent today resting because of doctors orders. On Thursday I ended up having a minor heart attack while I was at the mall with my three year old- I honestly didn't think anything of it until the crazy palpitations, headache, dizzyness, and numbness wouldn't go away... so now that I'm home from the hospital again, I feel as though I've been hit by a car- every muscle in my body is sore. I've suffered from dizzy spells and fainting spells since I was 10, but every time a doc would do an EKG, my heart would be in a normal rhythm. Turns out I have a heart condition where my heart randomly decides to speed up and the docs are trying to determine what is causing the issue. So just a warning to all of you- listen to what your body is telling you!!

Rest is important. Dizzy spells can be serious (don't just assume you're dehydrated). Take care of yourselves... I'm 25 and I have always been athletic, I never would have thought I'd have a heart condition.
  • heather_miller
    heather_miller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    wow mcbody, i'm glad to hear that you're doing okay after that. i hope that you feel better soon!

so i know that it's halfway through the month of may but i was wondering if i could join this group? it looks like an awesome support system and I'd love to be a part of it. here's the updated list with me on the end. :)

Leela30: comment more on this month's challenge; eat at least 80g of protein a day
    Believeinmagic: To lose 13 pounds; eat more vegetables and do more strength training
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 133lbs; to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383:get out of the 150's finally, continue with the 30 Day Shred, work on increasing my running distance, and overall feeling good about myself!
    SpaceCoconaut: To lose 2-3 lbs a week and stick to my experiment.
    Shannonaufman: lose 4 pounds to hit 169. Drink 64+ ounces of water 25/30 days. Finish C25K. Start One Hour Runner. Stick with 30DS.
    ~KanCrav~ Reach 143, Jog at least 3 times outside,follow WO schedule, incorporate Low GI foods into my diet.
    rai8759: GW 160.4, One day off per week (tracking food), WI on Friday, JM should kick my *kitten* 5-6 days a week, Cardio 3-5 days a week x 20-30 min., Tracking every day except day off, Eat less processed sugar
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family, AND try to post at least ONCE a day!!!
    pixycats: lose 5 pounds, continue C210K at least 3/week, stay under calorie goal 6/week, rest one day/week
    finncmh- not focus on the scale loss! keep working on running plan that I came up with for the 5k in June. Start the push-up and squat 6 week challenge
    lostalykat- To get back to 169 by June 1st. Work on headache prevention and be mindful of what I am doing and eating. Focus on my new training plan and enjoy life. Stress less, yoga more!
    WannabRN10- get out of the 160's!!! Work out at least 3 days a week (piloxing class, hot yoga class, and weights class). Eat Dairy Queen only twice (it is my fav!). Stay in a positive mind set and not get over-stressed with school.
    alwhisler-Increase my run to 45 minutes non-stop, get down to that lower pant size instead of being in-between :)
    sarahmay25- Complete an ab circuit every day of the week except rest day, and decrease my finish time of a mile by the end of every week.
    mkingraham (Megan)- get down to 208, strength train at least 2 times a week, run 3 times a week
    eleanoreb (Eleanore or El) - improve 10k run time, stay in bottom part of weight range, face food head on and not give in to temptations (rather than just avoid)
    MamaMango: Lose 7 pounds,keep my portions under control, do HIIT 3 times a week,strength train moderate-heavy 5 times a week,do some form of low to moderate cardio every other day,eat more fresh greens and less starch and grains! :)
    jyopchick: get back to 130lbs, only allowed one day to go over cals (and within reason), and MORE WATER!!
    crystalfaith: continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s
    LisaRid - lose 10 lbs, drink 8 glasses of water each day, exercise 4x per week, and curb my dessert eating. May is the month!!! :)
    emmarie- do the best I can!
    shelsab-keep up my 10k running schedule, lose 5lbs, strength training 2x week, 3 yoga classes.
    k_ewilliams - log in everyday and keep out of the red, lose at least 5 pounds, run 3x a week
    spellbinder25: (1) Lose 4lbs to reach 133.5, (2) Do 30 Day Shred 5 times/week, (3) Count calories everyday, (4) Update on this thread at least twice a week.
    meagalayne - get back into my maintenance range and stay there, log food no more than 5 days/week, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge, make it to 4 spin classes, increase H2O consumption, and find ways make each day great!
    nausicaa11-lose 6 pounds and try to reach the 8km/h mark on the treadmill.
    McBody- actually rest on rest days; incorporate yoga; get back on a running schedule for race
    carro585-workout 4x/week, average less than 200 beverage cal./day, don't fall too far off the wagon while on vacation
    yvalcaraz-(Yolanda)- Run for 3 miles w/o stopping, lose 8lbs, 1000 sit-ups 3x wk, post at least once a week to the group
    tjradd73(Tara)- to lose -5.4lbs to put me at 100lbs lost total, 8 cups H20/day, 3 days of my strength plan, 3 days of cardio, no more than 4 days over on my cals, and >20 under on my sodium.
    stuartme123- finishing and passing my thesis, and cooking dinner more often
    maddyguru - Build up endurace at the the gym and go at least 4-5x a wk, lose at least 5-6 lbs
    Adrianamdelacruz(Adriana) - lose 5lbs., workout atleast 30mins.3 x/day and drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day
    aoifebr - run 5k be under 85kg
    noobiegotbass- lose 12 lbs, drink at least 5 glasses of water daily, walk 3x/wk, begin my first round of p90x, increase protein intake
    dodier01 - Start 30DS, loose 8lbs by the end of the month, Complete Week 4 and start week 5 of C25K and drink lots of water!
    kafoteh(Kristin)-Input ALL my meals/foods...even the bad ones. Lose 2-5 lbs. Exercise at least 3x/week
    heather_miller - spend more time on mfp and less time web surfing. no fried food, no exceptions. lose 4 pounds.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    McBody-I am so sorry to hear that!!! Sometimes it is the atheletes that end up having the most heart conditions?? go figure! Hopefully they have accurately diagnosed your condition (sounds like atrial fibrillation??) and they have figured out a medication regimen that will help you get through this is the future...please be wise and follow ALL of your Doc's orders...they are the specialists on this matter remember!! And good luck!

Heather-welcome to the group!! it is never too late to join :) thanks for updating the list and great goals for the month!!

AFM-made it through day 2/3 on fast, 2/20 on NO scale, and 2/20 of being under on cals :)
  • KanCrav
    Options
    McBody.... wow, Im glad you made it through that without anything else happening. Im thankful that you are ok!~! Take care of yourself!!!~!~!!