Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - May Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend lovelies!!

I just returned from our first Angels game of the weekend and I thought I would log into see how you all were handling the weekend. And I actually logged in here before checking into my online class...haha!!

Shannon – sounds like your trip home seems to be turning out well!! The biking will be a great way for you and your husband to bond. I look forward to getting back into running…soon I hope. Enjoy the rest of the time with your family!!

Tara – luckily chocolate isn’t too much of my thing which is why I was able to let it pass me by. Although later in the afternoon the box was sitting out on the counter for sale and I was very tempted to buy one to actually consume but I walked away…and quickly!! Happy Birthday and Happy Mother’s Day!! (a lil early) Your day sounds fun and I hope you enjoy every second of it!! I am BBQing tomorrow too…pork chops, corn on the cob, and zucchini and squash.

Kandace – I have thought about printing out Meag’s post as well and plastering it everyone place that I frequent. I need to be reminded that I am who I am and if I can’t be happy with myself then I can’t expect anyone to be happy with me either. I really hope that you are able to start being nicer to yourself on a regular basis!! Haha…I’m right there with you on the boobs-making-the-outfit theory!! Woohoo!

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend!!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Adding noobiegotbass...

Leela30: comment more on this month's challenge; eat at least 80g of protein a day
    Believeinmagic: To lose 13 pounds; eat more vegetables and do more strength training
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 133lbs; to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383:get out of the 150's finally, continue with the 30 Day Shred, work on increasing my running distance, and overall feeling good about myself!
    SpaceCoconaut: To lose 2-3 lbs a week and stick to my experiment.
    Shannonaufman: lose 4 pounds to hit 169. Drink 64+ ounces of water 25/30 days. Finish C25K. Start One Hour Runner. Stick with 30DS.
    ~KanCrav~ Reach 143, Jog at least 3 times outside,follow WO schedule, incorporate Low GI foods into my diet.
    rai8759: GW 160.4, One day off per week (tracking food), WI on Friday, JM should kick my *kitten* 5-6 days a week, Cardio 3-5 days a week x 20-30 min., Tracking every day except day off, Eat less processed sugar
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family, AND try to post at least ONCE a day!!!
    pixycats: lose 5 pounds, continue C210K at least 3/week, stay under calorie goal 6/week, rest one day/week
    finncmh- not focus on the scale loss! keep working on running plan that I came up with for the 5k in June. Start the push-up and squat 6 week challenge
    lostalykat- To get back to 169 by June 1st. Work on headache prevention and be mindful of what I am doing and eating. Focus on my new training plan and enjoy life. Stress less, yoga more!
    WannabRN10- get out of the 160's!!! Work out at least 3 days a week (piloxing class, hot yoga class, and weights class). Eat Dairy Queen only twice (it is my fav!). Stay in a positive mind set and not get over-stressed with school.
    alwhisler-Increase my run to 45 minutes non-stop, get down to that lower pant size instead of being in-between :)
    sarahmay25- Complete an ab circuit every day of the week except rest day, and decrease my finish time of a mile by the end of every week.
    mkingraham (Megan)- get down to 208, strength train at least 2 times a week, run 3 times a week
    eleanoreb (Eleanore or El) - improve 10k run time, stay in bottom part of weight range, face food head on and not give in to temptations (rather than just avoid)
    MamaMango: Lose 7 pounds,keep my portions under control, do HIIT 3 times a week,strength train moderate-heavy 5 times a week,do some form of low to moderate cardio every other day,eat more fresh greens and less starch and grains! :)
    jyopchick: get back to 130lbs, only allowed one day to go over cals (and within reason), and MORE WATER!!
    crystalfaith: continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s
    LisaRid - lose 10 lbs, drink 8 glasses of water each day, exercise 4x per week, and curb my dessert eating. May is the month!!! :)
    emmarie- do the best I can!
    shelsab-keep up my 10k running schedule, lose 5lbs, strength training 2x week, 3 yoga classes.
    k_ewilliams - log in everyday and keep out of the red, lose at least 5 pounds, run 3x a week
    spellbinder25: (1) Lose 4lbs to reach 133.5, (2) Do 30 Day Shred 5 times/week, (3) Count calories everyday, (4) Update on this thread at least twice a week.
    meagalayne - get back into my maintenance range and stay there, log food no more than 5 days/week, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge, make it to 4 spin classes, increase H2O consumption, and find ways make each day great!
    nausicaa11-lose 6 pounds and try to reach the 8km/h mark on the treadmill.
    McBody- actually rest on rest days; incorporate yoga; get back on a running schedule for race
    carro585-workout 4x/week, average less than 200 beverage cal./day, don't fall too far off the wagon while on vacation
    yvalcaraz-(Yolanda)- Run for 3 miles w/o stopping, lose 8lbs, 1000 sit-ups 3x wk, post at least once a week to the group
    tjradd73(Tara)- to lose -5.4lbs to put me at 100lbs lost total, 8 cups H20/day, 3 days of my strength plan, 3 days of cardio, no more than 4 days over on my cals, and >20 under on my sodium.
    stuartme123- finishing and passing my thesis, and cooking dinner more often
    maddyguru - Build up endurace at the the gym and go at least 4-5x a wk, lose at least 5-6 lbs
    Adrianamdelacruz(Adriana) - lose 5lbs., workout atleast 30mins.3 x/day and drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day
    aoifebr - run 5k be under 85kg
    noobiegotbass- lose 12 lbs, drink at least 5 glasses of water daily, walk 3x/wk, begin my first round of p90x, increase protein intake
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Leela- dont be afraid if you do see a slight gain at first. A lot of times that happens when people rasie their calories after them beig so low. Its just your body re-adjusting. See how the body composition test goes, but that will really tell you a lot and help you make some decisios in how to focus. Its sounds like you are nearig the point of really just focusing on strength to build some of those lean muscles you want. Keep chugging away, it can be frustrating but we have to keep in mind that it isnt always about the number on the scale. Great job keep it up!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    "As I ramble through life, whatever be my goal, I will unfortunately always keep my eye upon the doughnut and not upon the whole."
    Wendy Wasserstein

Hey guys. I have been super busy this weekend and it's not over yet. I just wanted to say hey and let you know its been rough the past two days eating wise. As some of you have experienced, hunger is relentless when you are up more than 24 hours at a time. I'm starting fresh today and really tracking carefully. I've been up since 4:30 am and I'm jumping from church to a wedding to work so... I'm sure this is gonna get messy. Hopefully I can take tonight if I'm offered it, but I'm not optimistic. On top of that I forgot my 5 hour energy (which I don't take often but for days like today.. its either that or fall asleep standing). On top of that TOM is coming to visit soon.

I chose this quote because even in these last busy days I still find time out of my day to be tempted to make... or just make... unhealthy eating choices. I'm challenging myself to remember my actual goals when I'm tempted to stuff my face, but not just my goals for weight loss. I'm living life here! I have simple goals like balancing my check book or watching a movie. Why do I need to eat during these activities?? There is no need. So focusing on my small and large goals instead of food is yet another facet of this journey for me.

Catch up with everyone soon,

Rachel =D
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Leela - I can totally understand the desire to want to look leaner. Body shape and size are the source of a lot of my weight and food issues, for sure. I really don't know HOW people can lose a lot of weight and end up with a toned lean body, flat tummy, and no loose skin. I have not been so lucky! I still have a lot of negative and destructive thoughts about my mid-section when I'm not careful to check myself - but honestly, this is the body I have to work with and I just need to make it the best I can. I know that it doesn't matter how little i weigh, I will always carry the bulk of my "fat" around my stomach. Even if my arms and legs are cut and lean or stick thin, I will have some bulge around my waistline. It's just a fact. I need to learn to love my body for what it is and what it can do for me instead of envying and trying to emulate a body shape that I can never achieve.

With all that said, the hard and fast truth is that no amount of weight loss is going to dramatically change your body shape or your opinion of it. Losing 10lbs isn't going to make you like your legs any more. And it's not going to make you look leaner, truthfully. What will make all the difference when it comes to body shape and composition is fueling more and strength training. Building lean muscle mass absolutely requires more food. No doubts about it. I checked over your diary and noticed that you had it set to 1250 but were regularly leaving 100-200 calories on the table. For optimal fat loss and muscle development I would recommend at least 1400 NET calories. That's 1400 + your exercise cals and making a point to eat as close to that every day. Try doing some strength training 2-3 times a week along with whatever cardio you normally do. I'd recommend the following sites if you are just starting out...

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

http://www.myfit.ca/fitnessprograms/viewprogram.asp?title=Increase+Physical+Fitness&programid=76

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/3-full-body-workouts-for-cutting-body-fat.htm

The first one is how I got started with strength training, and eventually tailored the workout for my specific needs/wants. The last one I did for 2 months and got some smokin' hot arms and shoulders from, but ignore all the food garbage at the top. It's not worth it! The middle link is what I am using right now, in parts, and to my own specifications. I'm taking what I want from it and altering the days and exercises when I deem necessary. Either way, they are a great starting point.

Lastly, just wanted to re-emphasize Cait's point. Initial weight gain of 0.5lb or so is perfectly normal when you start fueling properly again. Your body is likely in survival mode right now - burning whatever it can to survive, including itself - and so once it starts getting a little more nutrition it might store some initially as a survival technique. This is nothing to fret - it will come off with another week of proper fueling. It's just from shocking your body with the fuel it needs! Stick with it for 3-4 weeks, take your measurements, and see where things go. But most of all - recommit today to just loving the body you have, no matter what size or shape, and appreciating it for all the good it does you each and every day. You\re beautiful! :wink:

Meag :heart:
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Meag: That brought me to tears! Thank you. I know that we can't fight our genetics, but I guess I cant help but try. I know I'm healthy, and that I'm definitely not fat, but I guess I have to stop judging myself (HUGE problem of mine). I know we all struggle with just loving ourselves. It's horrible, that so many of us do struggle with it. I changed my weight goal to -0.5 a week and it says I can eat 1500 a day! That sounds crazy! lol But I hope it works, I'll enjoy getting to eat more. The problem is I'm on the run a lot so sometimes I just don't have time to eat. But I make sure to take my protein shake and some portable food in my backpack. I will let you know what the PT says tomorrow! I'm excited! As for today, I need to work on writing a paper, and then getting in some Jillian Michael's circuit training because it's back to lower body tomorrow. I've actually looked at the last website you posted and am going kind of off of that.

HOW was your weekend! I want to see those drop-dead stunning pics of you in that dress!! :love:
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    "As I ramble through life, whatever be my goal, I will unfortunately always keep my eye upon the doughnut and not upon the whole."
    Wendy Wasserstein

Rachel: Great quote! You better get some sleep! Your body is dying for some energy and time to re-cooperate. I have a tendency to go for more carbs when I'm tired. Try and get a few breaks in when you can with water or an orange to keep your mouth entertained.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Meag: That brought me to tears! Thank you. I know that we can't fight our genetics, but I guess I cant help but try. I know I'm healthy, and that I'm definitely not fat, but I guess I have to stop judging myself (HUGE problem of mine). I know we all struggle with just loving ourselves. It's horrible, that so many of us do struggle with it. I changed my weight goal to -0.5 a week and it says I can eat 1500 a day! That sounds crazy! lol But I hope it works, I'll enjoy getting to eat more. The problem is I'm on the run a lot so sometimes I just don't have time to eat. But I make sure to take my protein shake and some portable food in my backpack. I will let you know what the PT says tomorrow! I'm excited! As for today, I need to work on writing a paper, and then getting in some Jillian Michael's circuit training because it's back to lower body tomorrow. I've actually looked at the last website you posted and am going kind of off of that.

HOW was your weekend! I want to see those drop-dead stunning pics of you in that dress!! :love:
    Try it but make it work for you - It's a very tough regimen to stay dedicated too. After 2 weeks I was overwhelmed and had to rework the schedule to make it "fit". Be flexible!

I'm actually still on vacation. Will catch you all up ASAP! :heart:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Kandace-I just wanna say that I think it is great that you posted that pic of yourself!! I would not have even close to that amount of courage to post one of myself, let alone to not say everyting negative that I saw about it...it is only human to look at your faults and to wanna fix them! the important thing is....that you are fixing them!! So keep it up! and I am totally with you on the push-ups...they SUCK!! LOL but way to challenge yourself! :laugh:

Melissa-how was the farmer's market...I have always wanted to go to the one here but i NEVER have!!! Maybe I will give it a go this week?! I haven't tried the JM yoga but I have tried Bob Harpers and it's super hard...good luck, and lemme know how it is?? And I also have not tried the 6pack one but have heard nothing but good about it so lemme know on that one too please?

Leela-you are gonna hear a TON of different responses to your post but I will just give you mine and you will have to figure out what works for you! A LOT of people on this thread feel that it is"essential" to eat back the majority of your exercise cals...I do NOT agree. IMO...if I am doing the extra work to burn the cals then why would I just eat them all back?? It is important that you are getting AT LEAST 1200cals for sure, and that you are eating back enough of your extra cals to give you the energy and fuel that your body needs, and not to just eat them to get them in no matter what; however, when you do hit a plateau you MAY need to up your cals by 200/day or so just to get your body going again. Whatever route you decide to try...good luck to you girl! :flowerforyou:

Bethany-thanks girl!!! I hope your BBQ went well?! We had BBQ chicken, beans, and corn on the cob yesterday...and then I made lean steaks, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob today!! I got MY chocolate fix out of the way today with a small piece of cake and I still stayed under my cals so I was pretty pleased with that! Glad to hear that you walked away end the end!! Good job! :drinker:

Rachel-sorry to hear you've been so hectic lately...take it easy girl!! LOL hopefully you get the night off like you want and if not, try to get some actual SLEEP tomorrow would ya?! :yawn:

AFM-well...I made it through my b-day week and hopefully there won't be too much residual effects on my WI on Wed...we shall see!!! When I made my goals for this month, I purposefully left the lbs lost goal a little lower just for this week though, so I won't be too bummed if it's not my normal loss. I got in a great workout today, and will be able to get another great one in tomorrow before work though, and will be kickin *kitten* as usual for the rest of the week!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!

I am in such a great mood because I am a so close to losing 40 lbs!! 1.5 more lbs and I will be there. I know that I can do it with some healthy choices and some great workouts this week, come next monday I bet I will hit it! Its going to feel amazing to get there. My reward is giong to be a pedi/mani so that will be nice a relaxing. To help motivate me I painted my own fingers and toes this weekend and looking at my pretty nails but my crappy job is good motivation to want to hit that goal!! If someone had told me in January that I would lose 40 lbs, keep on losing and feel successful in my efforts towards fitness and health goals I would not have believed them, but here I am :)

I hope you ladies have an amazing day because if it weren't for your constant motivation and support I wouldn't be so close to such a huge milestone!!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!

I am in such a great mood because I am a so close to losing 40 lbs!! 1.5 more lbs and I will be there. I know that I can do it with some healthy choices and some great workouts this week, come next monday I bet I will hit it! Its going to feel amazing to get there. My reward is giong to be a pedi/mani so that will be nice a relaxing. To help motivate me I painted my own fingers and toes this weekend and looking at my pretty nails but my crappy job is good motivation to want to hit that goal!! If someone had told me in January that I would lose 40 lbs, keep on losing and feel successful in my efforts towards fitness and health goals I would not have believed them, but here I am :)

I hope you ladies have an amazing day because if it weren't for your constant motivation and support I wouldn't be so close to such a huge milestone!!

I am soooo happy for you!~!~ I want to jump up and down~!! you ROCK!~!, or shall I say, Kick *kitten*!~!~!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hey Kick A$$ers!~! I hope everyone had a good weekend. I didnt like sunday very much, but I am making up for that today. Before rehab I was doing great with my WOs and seeing progress as time moved on. NOW it seems like I expected to be better than before I went in, even though I didnt work out for 6 weeks. It took some time, but I realized this morning that I was expecting something VERY Irrational. How can I expect to keep on progressing if I am not doing anything to get there??? IDK, you all know Im insane.

What made me see this was my running outside yesterday. I was already feeling some hardcore self pity about it being mothers day. So I tryed to go for a run to get out of my head. Well, everytime I started running and building up some sweat, I would stop. LIke 2 to 3 min and I wouldstart walking again. I was so disapointed in my complete lack of drive and motivation. Well today my Body Blast class was canceled so I went to the treadmil. I told myself I could do it... its only one mile, I have done that before... just do it. So I got on and started running. And you know what? I did it. I made a mile in 11 min 59 sec! a whole minute longer than my best time, but I was alone and its been FOREVER since I have ran longer than 5 min at a time.

After that I had some coffee with my sponsor and realized that its ok to have the thoughts I do. All I have to do is share them with someone so I am not holding it all in, and if I do that, my Higher Power will help me out. And He is.

I hope everyone has a great monday!~! Week two!~!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Monday lovelies!! :love:

Rachel - I try to do the same thing when it comes to making food decisions. When temptation is staring me in the face, I try to ask myself how much this one decision will hinder my long-term goals. On a good day, I can totally push the temptation aside and see where I want to be. However, on not-so-good days, I end up giving into temptation and don't get anywhere close to my goals. I have a long way to go and I know its mostly mental so I need to be strong and make the better decision that will help me in the long run rather than give me instant satisfaction that will only linger on my hips later. Hope you enjoyed the wedding and survived the rest of your weekend!!

Meag - glad to hear you had a great time in Ottawa!! Can't wait to hear more about it!! My trouble zone has and ALWAYS will be my tummy. Lets just say that I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 5 1/2 months along because I really wasn't showing...my friends nor my family would have ever guessed I was pregnant. So no matter how much weight I lose, I don't believe I will ever have a flat tummy either.

Tara - glad that your birthday week went well!! And probably a good idea that you factored that in when you were making your goals for the month. Although it sounds like you did a great job of finding balance between the 2!! Great job!!

Megan - that is such great news!! Your fingers and toes will look so purdy soon as a reward from all of your hard work!! Can't wait to see you meet your goal!!

Kandace - great revelation!! And great job on the run!! I believe that this journey is 90% mental. And once we are able to make the right decisions mentally and stay in the right mindset then we will be unstoppable. I have had struggle after struggle after falling of the "healthy lifestyle" wagon a few months ago and have yet to fully stay back on. But every day is a new day and I know that one day things will just stick.

AFM...didn't do completely terrible food-wise this weekend. Had a great Mother's Day with my mom, kids, and aunt!! Met with a girl yesterday that I might end up renting a room from. She wanted to meet up with me first before showing me the room which I completely understood so we met at Starbucks and ended talking for over an hour. I'd say it went well!! Just one more week of school and I will be done with my bachelor's program. I can't believe that I was FINALLY able to stick with something until the very end!!

Hope all you lovelies have a fabulous day!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Morning friends, As I come back to the board after another somewhat destructive weekend I remember one thing. Breath deep and recollect for the week. I will not get mad at myself yet again I just have to make better decisions. I know when I hang out with certain people or feel certain amounts of stress I take it out with eating and alcohol which leads to not getting as good of a workout, or any workout at all. I have set myself up for success today. I have fresh yummy ingredients in my home and I woke up and made a delish breakfast, packed healthy snacks and brought an amazing salad for lunch. Maybe it is the second week of May but this is going to be my month. I am going to get strong and be healthy before the end of the month. I am focusing on strength training with my other training and I am going to do it. When I mess up I seem to always pick myself back up and here I am again. Ready to conquer the world. I am a strong beautiful healthy woman. I just WANT instead if NEED to be healthier and leaner for me. I know I can do it and here I go.

Short Run scheduled for today after work, then a healthy chicken stirfry.
    Tomorrow maybe stirfry leftovers for lunch, if not a veggie pita. I swim either in the AM or the PM.
    Wednesday and thurs and fri to follow.

I will think about what I am doing as I am doing it and decide if it is a choice I want to make.

:::gets off soapbox::

Happy Monday all, lets conquer this week without thinking about the last.
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Aly - what do you use to season your stir fry??
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Guam- Why can I not remember your name for the life of me! LOL Anyways I usually make a sauce depending on my taste. Sometimes we just buy some soyaki and call it a day as well, it is really good and pretty good for you. When I make a stirfry sauce it usually goes something like this.

Soy sauce
    chili oil
    sesame seed oil
    Maybe honey
    ginger(fresh or powder)

toasted sesame seeds after for fun

It really varies and we try to have fun with it. Sometimes I will add a little peanut butter if I have the extra cals and I am feeling it.
    Check out some recipes online it is pretty simple when you have the ingredients.

AFM- I forgot to mention that my acupuncturist saw my bloodwork and found out that I have low blood sugar. She has me eating something small every 2 hours that have some sort of protein in it. Honestly I am loving this. I get to eat every 2 hours?? Score!! I split my lunch in half and basically did the same for breakfast. I am going to have a healthy snack after my second lunch of some yogurt. If I eat around 200 cals give or take 6 times a day I am around 1200 cals, this seems doable. Of course I can eat a little more on my workout days. This is just an interesting experiment.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey ladies and happy Monday! :bigsmile:

Life's been a bit crazy today - trying to get so much done before my wicked hectic weekend coming up. Lots of chores to do after my weekend away, made dinner for my parents since my mom's working out of town all week, went on my first really good run in a long time - the sun was out and I finally got to run in shorts and a t-shirt :drinker: and was actually sweating and felt warm for once, got my push-ups done, figured out my schedule for work on Thurs/Fri and caught up with a bunch of work/bank/mail stuff that I've been putting off. I feel really productive and good about how I spent my time today. I love having days like this. Not a moment wasted! :bigsmile:

I wanted to post some pics from my weekend (including a pic of my sweet new dress) but my bff forgot to send them to me last night and today she couldn't get a spare few mins at work to send them so it's going to have to wait. I'll take a picture of my dress as soon as I get a chance and post it for all to see. I definitely need some opinions on whether or not it's wedding appropriate - as I've said in the past, I have no clue what people wear to weddings so I hope it is but I could be wayyy off base. My girl friend assures me that it's totally fine but her taste is pretty suspect sometimes. :laugh: It's true.

My run today was fabulous and my splits were all under 10:00. I was so proud of myself! I wasn't anticipating a good run since it's been so long since I ran more than 5K and especially since running outdoors. I ran 2 weekends ago on a trail near Ty's new place, but otherwise it's been TM running for the last few months and even that has been sporadic. I walked my first and last 5 mins of a 55 min run, and managed to hit 4.75miles exactly in the 45mins that I ran (pace = 9:28). The best part was running and feeling strained, with a HR of about 170, but still feeling good and not wanting to quit. I just wanted to run :happy: Even when I could feel and hear laboured breathing and my legs were getting heavy I just put it all aside, got into the zone, and just ran. No quitting at all. It felt amazing. The sun beating down on me for once was definitely a nice chance, as well.

Food this weekend was hit and miss. I definitely took an EPIC break from clean eating and ate several things every day that I would never normally consume. The good news was that I didn't eat anything in excess. I moderated and I made healthy choices when they were available to me. Unfortunately when you're on the run, carbs tend to be the easiest/only option - so I definitely struggled with eating way more carbs than I normally would do, but I kept reminding myself that one weekend doesn't make or break the woman. It was tough, that's no lie, but I made it and I feel great today having gotten right back into routine :bigsmile:

That said I have to get going. Wish I could comment on all your posts but it will have to wait for later. I hope you guys have a GREAT Monday! You're doing fabulous!

• lostalykat
    Options
    Hey ladies and happy Monday! :bigsmile:

Life's been a bit crazy today - trying to get so much done before my wicked hectic weekend coming up. Lots of chores to do after my weekend away, made dinner for my parents since my mom's working out of town all week, went on my first really good run in a long time - the sun was out and I finally got to run in shorts and a t-shirt :drinker: and was actually sweating and felt warm for once, got my push-ups done, figured out my schedule for work on Thurs/Fri and caught up with a bunch of work/bank/mail stuff that I've been putting off. I feel really productive and good about how I spent my time today. I love having days like this. Not a moment wasted! :bigsmile:

I wanted to post some pics from my weekend (including a pic of my sweet new dress) but my bff forgot to send them to me last night and today she couldn't get a spare few mins at work to send them so it's going to have to wait. I'll take a picture of my dress as soon as I get a chance and post it for all to see. I definitely need some opinions on whether or not it's wedding appropriate - as I've said in the past, I have no clue what people wear to weddings so I hope it is but I could be wayyy off base. My girl friend assures me that it's totally fine but her taste is pretty suspect sometimes. :laugh: It's true.

My run today was fabulous and my splits were all under 10:00. I was so proud of myself! I wasn't anticipating a good run since it's been so long since I ran more than 5K and especially since running outdoors. I ran 2 weekends ago on a trail near Ty's new place, but otherwise it's been TM running for the last few months and even that has been sporadic. I walked my first and last 5 mins of a 55 min run, and managed to hit 4.75miles exactly in the 45mins that I ran (pace = 9:28). The best part was running and feeling strained, with a HR of about 170, but still feeling good and not wanting to quit. I just wanted to run :happy: Even when I could feel and hear laboured breathing and my legs were getting heavy I just put it all aside, got into the zone, and just ran. No quitting at all. It felt amazing. The sun beating down on me for once was definitely a nice chance, as well.

Food this weekend was hit and miss. I definitely took an EPIC break from clean eating and ate several things every day that I would never normally consume. The good news was that I didn't eat anything in excess. I moderated and I made healthy choices when they were available to me. Unfortunately when you're on the run, carbs tend to be the easiest/only option - so I definitely struggled with eating way more carbs than I normally would do, but I kept reminding myself that one weekend doesn't make or break the woman. It was tough, that's no lie, but I made it and I feel great today having gotten right back into routine :bigsmile:

That said I have to get going. Wish I could comment on all your posts but it will have to wait for later. I hope you guys have a GREAT Monday! You're doing fabulous!

Good job on everything Meag!! So proud of you and all this positive talk is amazing. I am the queen of fashion so let me see that dress LOL! I also went to 5 weddings last year and I know how you should dress, it all depends on what kind of wedding it is too. So some info would be great!!

I wanted to tell you and everyone else that being on here is what keeps me going, I struggle every day. Feeling great some days but still struggling with weight loss and everything. Coming on here makes me feel that I can reset myself and even if I wasn't the best I could be I can still be the best tomorrow. I need to get my stress levels down per acupuncturist thoughts because they are definetly attributing to headaches, I am at peace with myself and my life. Everything is a constant change.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Megan-I will save the congrats for Monday but I know that you will do it!! you are totally kickin it this month already!:heart:

Kandace-CONGRATS on getting the mile done!! I know that you must be a strong woman to be doing all that you are doing...now you just need to remember that the next time you stare the treadmill (or road) in the face!

Bethany-good luck with the room...sounds promising so far! And an early congrats on getting your bachelors!! that is awesome! :drinker:

Meag-glad that you enjoyed your weekend, and keep it up with those push-ups...you will be to the 100 in no time at all!

AFM-as you all know I didn't do the best this past week...but as you also all know, I figured that in for my goals this month. I am doing my norm for these next 2 days and will take whatever I get on the scale...just hoping there is no gain on Wed!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Good job on everything Meag!! So proud of you and all this positive talk is amazing. I am the queen of fashion so let me see that dress LOL! I also went to 5 weddings last year and I know how you should dress, it all depends on what kind of wedding it is too. So some info would be great!!

I wanted to tell you and everyone else that being on here is what keeps me going, I struggle every day. Feeling great some days but still struggling with weight loss and everything. Coming on here makes me feel that I can reset myself and even if I wasn't the best I could be I can still be the best tomorrow. I need to get my stress levels down per acupuncturist thoughts because they are definetly attributing to headaches, I am at peace with myself and my life. Everything is a constant change.
    I know very little about the wedding or the bride/groom apart from it being a traditional Italian wedding and there being several hundred people invited. The groom is one of my boy's coworkers in a very small business (one of 6 total), and they've been friends/coworkers for 3 years now. We'll likely be seated with all his work friends but I assume the rest of the wedding will all be family and friends. Lots and lots of family from what I hear. Will post a pic as soon as I can. I showed Ty and my mom the dress today and they were both floored that I picked it. Tyler was speechless. I guess that's a good thing :blushing: Later he said I looked "really, really good"... He's not exactly great with words :laugh:

As for being the best you can you be, I think it all comes down to just making an effort to be better every day than you were the last. When you have a bad day, just forget it and reset the next day and make it count. As long as we're moving forward, making progress, and committing every day to doing the best we can, that's all we can ask. No sense getting all hung up on our perceived failings.

I posted the following to my status the other day but I guess I'll share it here as well. It's my quote of the day, so to speak :)
    “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”~Ambrose Redmoon

I feel like this quote perfectly reflects how I am feeling about food, fitness and life right now. There is so much more to this life than spending all of my time fearing regression or failure. I deserve to be out there making every day count, being happy and present in the moment, and enjoying the body and peace of mind I have worked so hard to achieve. Hope you're all able to find some peace of mind, balance and happiness today!
    I think that it takes a lot of courage to stop fearing failure and just live life. As another famous saying goes...

“By letting go it all gets done.” ~Lao-Tzu

:heart: