chubby or skinny

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• fitmissbliss
    fitmissbliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    SaintGiff wrote: »
    Have dated women who were thin. Have dated women who were obese. I find it really stupid to date people based on appearance and not who they really are. Appearances change. I've known incredibly "HOT" women who couldn't hold down their end of a conversation so I lost interest. I've known women who maybe most people wouldn't find all that attractive, but their minds were incredibly sexy and they turned out to be phenomenal lovers. Bottom line: If you're dating someone solely based on physical appearance, then the only thing you're actually dating is your own ego.

This guy for the wine!!!

Also...either. Who cares?!

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Chubby chaser here... Though I married a bean pole. Go figure! Lol
  • Meeshell91
    Meeshell91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Fit!
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Sense of humour and gorgeous eyes draw me in... Weight doesn't really factor although I'd struggle to date a really overweight guy as to be honest I'm only a shorty and I'd get squashed lol. I tend to have partners who are in the middle somewhere.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose between skinny or chubby (And athletic and toned isn't an option), I would go skinny 9/10 times
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't date based solely on appearance
  • Walrozz
    Walrozz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Skinny. Call me shallow, but I have itty bitty titties, and I couldn't handle a dude with bigger boobs than me.
  • mraudit2000
    mraudit2000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    To all the ladies out there that said they would date a chubby guy...where the heck have you been???? Here are my parameters; have at least two teeth, passed the 6th grade, breathing, and are open to taking a shower/bath at least once a week.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm considering neither for the time being. I've been on a few dates this year with women of varying sizes on both ends of the spectrum and they all have one thing in common, *aside from being female...i think* they were all bat **** crazy. Boycotting women until I can find that diamond in the rough that will sweep me off my feet and show me not all females are trouble.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes, I prefer my men a little chubbier. I date 1 skinny man, and it just wasn't comfortable. ;)

My fiancé lost about 40 pounds since we met 5 years ago, but he's still got a little pudge and that makes me happy.
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just love me a Kevin James type chubster. Their hugs are so much cozier and the sex is amazing cause there's a little cushion for the pushin.
  • kmorales_4
    Options
    To all the ladies out there that said they would date a chubby guy...where the heck have you been???? Here are my parameters; have at least two teeth, passed the 6th grade, breathing, and are open to taking a shower/bath at least once a week.

You're hilarious.
  • BigDoug13
    BigDoug13 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    kmorales...i think i love you!
  • LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I would never date a guy that was smaller then me for sure! My husband is 6'4 and 270 lbs and its not because he works out (although hes in construction so he has muscular arms for sure). I like a man thats big and muscular or just a little heavier set only because having a bigger guy like my husband makes me feel safe!
  • davesgalforever
    davesgalforever Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm all about that chub....... ;)
  • kmorales_4
    Options
    BigDoug13 wrote: »
    kmorales...i think i love you!

;)
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    SaintGiff wrote: »
    Have dated women who were thin. Have dated women who were obese. I find it really stupid to date people based on appearance and not who they really are. Appearances change. I've known incredibly "HOT" women who couldn't hold down their end of a conversation so I lost interest. I've known women who maybe most people wouldn't find all that attractive, but their minds were incredibly sexy and they turned out to be phenomenal lovers. Bottom line: If you're dating someone solely based on physical appearance, then the only thing you're actually dating is your own ego.

I agree with the bolded part. BUT attraction is what it is, and you calling it stupid or ego driven doesn't make it so. Many of my friends will sleep with any willing woman (their rule is 80-800lbs and 18-80yrs old), but I was always much, much pickier. Would rather not have sex, than have it with someone I wasn't physically attracted to. I don't choose what I find attractive but that is the 1st step, which leads to the conversations, that leads to dating.
  • mraudit2000
    mraudit2000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Why can I not find these ladies who only date chubs?
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I've dated men of all shapes and sizes. I would say most were of "average" build...but there were a few who could only be described as "skinny" and several who were on the "husky" side. There were even a couple with the physique of a bodybuilder (if only I'd found their personalities as appealing as their bodies).

I ended up marrying a man who was chubby when we met, and is even heavier now...and while I would love for him to be in better shape, I still love him. The man I went out with a few times just prior to meeting my husband was similarly overweight...and I was never physically attracted to him. But I was instantly attracted to my husband...because his personality immediately won me over, and I was able to look past the love handles and double chin.

But I'll admit there are times that I ask myself why I'm not with a man with a better body, and I confess that the heavier my husband gets, the less appealing I find him. Perhaps that is the curse of MFP...getting in better shape and seeing other like-minded individuals trying to improve themselves and getting frustrated with partners who aren't on the same path.