20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

<3 Barbie

(*)
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see that some of you are trying the green smoothies...it really worked for me.

I couldn't do 3 a day though. I had 2 smoothies a day and a healthy dinner. Now I have at least one a day (my breakfast). Sometimes I will have another for lunch plus I exercise more. I've lost 20 pounds and 5 inches around the waist since Dec!!

I wish everyone good luck!
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Start of cleanse Day 1 180.6
    Start of Day 2 178.9 = 1.7 lb loss
    Start of Day 3 178.5 = 2.1 lb loss
    Start of Day 4 176.4 = 4.2 lb loss

As long as I keep seeing results like this, I can keep going!

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Becky. you will be in the 160's before you know it.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Barbie..glad to see you back!
    Becky...you are doing it!
    Cristina..you have made the goal! Congrats!
    Marie..Good morning!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! I'm on my way to the gym..another warm day on the horizon!

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    just a reminder ladies.....great for all who have and continue to lose. some have slowed down, plateaued or maybe gained. this is a journey, a marathon and not a race. it is about feeling good and balanced and not about finishing first. think how far we have all come since January. sometimes goals can not be measured but there is a value to feeling mentally better. we are all on this trip together, don't forget to treat yourself every now and again, it is important. have a great day!!

stephanie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I prefer to say I've platypus-ed rather than plateaued. It makes it sounds better in my opinion. ;)
    You are right, Stephanie, we need to focus on the little successes along the way, rather than just the scale. As long as we keep it up we're bound to see results in many ways.

Hope everyone has a healthy day!!! :D
  • ashteinpeacock
    ashteinpeacock Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I want in! My husband will be home for good the day before Easter!

You are so welcome to our thread . how nice to have your husband home for good. I missed mine when he just go to get a haircut. Really I do. after 58 years I guess we have just grown on each other.
    1158260jh90v9tpld.gif

We can do it

That is very sweet, and is how I hope we are years from now also! So far I have lost 10 lbs. Plus, I am now a little over a week with no cokes!! Only water and morning coffee!!!(this is HUGE for me!) Also I have started Couch to 5k this week, so maybe I can lose the other 10 before Easter!(I'd like to lose more than 10 lol)
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    SW 205
    CW 184.5
    CGW 184 (doing 5 lb goals at a time)
    UGW 140

Hi there!
    I love your 5lb goals! I might do this...I get sad to think I have so far to go so this is perfect!

Knowing my goal is (was ;) ) 65 lbs away was extremely overwhelming, so 5 lb goals is more realistic and doable in my mind. Good Luck!
  • pattykaye33
    Options
    Hi!
    I got so excited reading all the posts that I forgot to post my numbers..
    SW 227.8
    CW 220.1
    Easter goal 199

I lost about 2lbs this week which is just fine with me :smiley:

Woo hoo!!!! Nice loss, your almost there.
  • pattykaye33
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Marie - Good luck with your dr. appt. we will see you when you get back.

Rayw89 - Thanks for the support. I purposely didn't weigh in when I got home because of all the fluid I retained from the salty foods. I don't use salt at all and we tend to eat fresh foods most of the time. I will keep going and won't let this sabotage me. I plan on getting to 160 goal by the summer.

"I can and I will, Watch me!"

Shirley

Yes Shirley you will! 160 by summer here you come :)
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day. I have gained 2.6 lbs :( not very happy with that but I suppose it is my fault I have slowly been slipping on eating and the exercise and I guys it caught up to me.

Hopefully the extra zumba classes this next week well help and going to get back on track with this eating. I'm going to lose what I gained this week.

Going to get back on the wagon and I'm going to lose this weight!
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That the spirit Kenea never ever give up/ <3

marie
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Kenea, it's so easy to take a little jump of a pound or two; don't be hard on yourself. Your determination will help you drop it quickly. You'll do it!

It's encouraging to read of the good effort everyone is making toward eating well and being healthy. Even when weight loss is slow, our bodies benefit from our efforts.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I am going to copy the green smoothie link and see if I can tweak my smoothies or maybe substitue with the green once in while.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Kenea993 wrote: »
    Weigh in day. I have gained 2.6 lbs :( not very happy with that but I suppose it is my fault I have slowly been slipping on eating and the exercise and I guys it caught up to me.

Hopefully the extra zumba classes this next week well help and going to get back on track with this eating. I'm going to lose what I gained this week.

Going to get back on the wagon and I'm going to lose this weight!

Atta girl!! :D
    You have "owned it" by posting it! Gotta love your courage and fortitude!
    <3 Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am trying a black bean smoothies for dinner tonight Will have all of my 1-1-1- in it

Connie I send on browsing this morning you can use dried tomatoes in your omelet Going to have to get me some. never thought of that.

Marie.
  • cristina0000
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »

Becky

I am so happy that you loosing so quickly! I lost 10 lbs during the 10 day cleanse, you will do much better than that!
  • cristina0000
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Barbie..glad to see you back!
    Becky...you are doing it!
    Cristina..you have made the goal! Congrats!
    Marie..Good morning!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! I'm on my way to the gym..another warm day on the horizon!

Stay strong!
    Connie

Thank you!
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »

Becky

I am so happy that you loosing so quickly! I lost 10 lbs during the 10 day cleanse, you will do much better than that!

Thanks, Cristina. Mornings are so easy... nights are SOOOO hard! Fortunately, I have all of you that I cannot let down on my commitment to do this. I've never been good at seeing diets or detoxs through to the end. When the going gets tough, it's so easy to quit.
    By tomorrow this time, Day 5 will be in the books... HALF WAY THERE!

Enjoy your evening, everyone!

Becky